7.9

1. Culturedropout
    Jul 16, 2007
    I've played a _lot_ of pinball in my life (starting with the machines that used relay-logic instead of electronics, if that tells you anything) and this is one of the best "virtual" pinball games I've ever played. The physics are as close to perfect as I've seen, and the sounds and use of the controller vibration make it easy to forget you're not play a real pinball. I've played a _lot_ of pinball in my life (starting with the machines that used relay-logic instead of electronics, if that tells you anything) and this is one of the best "virtual" pinball games I've ever played. The physics are as close to perfect as I've seen, and the sounds and use of the controller vibration make it easy to forget you're not play a real pinball. Along with some of the others who have posted, I'd like to see more tables offered for it. The reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 is that all three tables seem to be kind of "dead"; i.e. there's a big area in the middle of the playfield where nothing much happens, and which is surrounded mostly by fairly non-responsive targets. How about some drop-targets, or maybe electromagnets under the playfield - something like that? Great job overall, though. Well worth the money. Collapse
  2. RyanP.
    Jun 8, 2007
    Great game for a great price. I cannot wait to see what they have for downloadable tables.
  3. BryanM.
    May 31, 2007
    Not bad price. it is very fun you can play the ganster table and more. If you like pinball get this game.
  4. NickG.
    May 28, 2007
    You have three playable pinball tables, only two of which are fun. The game really needs more tables. A lot of fun when you play against others. Suprisingly deep, as I was still discovering new things after days of playing.

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Every arcade needs a good pinball game, and Pinball FX fills and obvious hole in Live Arcade. We just wish our 10 bucks got us more variety. [May 2007, p.79]
  2. All the pieces are in place, but unfortunately, this Xbox Live Arcade game's most prominent components are its shoddy ball movement and lackluster table design.
  3. If this title was offered up at a lower price or with more tables, it might be one of our favorite arcade games. As it stands, Pinball FX shook us a little bit, but not enough to TILT.