8.5

1. Apr 20, 2011
    Portal 2 has it all. A worthy sequel to the original. The single player focus on story, the co-op on funny. The best part is the outstanding challenge. Early puzzles are easy, and most can done quite quickly. But later on in the game, puzzles get so intense. The liquid that makes things bounce and slick are a great bonus. It exceeded my expectations in every way.
  2. Apr 19, 2011
    Incredibly funny and smart game, really doesn't deserve to be punished for Valve's bad handling of the ARG. The story, while different from Portal 1, is simply one of the best of the current games. Must buy.
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Although the game is rather short, it is just amazing. The plot is immersive enough that once you sit and start play, you don't want to stop. The graphics are fine - even though the Source Engine is quite old right now, it's still amazing what it can do in regard of physics and graphics. 10/10.
  4. Apr 19, 2011
    Funny as hell, pissing off people with optional DLC, great cinematic gameplay, cool and challenging puzzles, coop is fun, great ending, the song was good, loads of easter eggs.

Great job Valve, most fun I've had in a video game in a looooooooong time.
  5. Apr 20, 2011
    This is going to be a big candidate for game of the year so do not be stupid you kids it is not funny to give score 0 it is not funny becouse it is not your thing so stop it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Apr 19, 2011
    Immediately I have to state the flaws of the Xbox 360 version of Portal 2. It lacks few multi player capabilities like cross compatibility which is featured on the PS3 and PC versions, the graphics aren't nearly as good it's PC counterpart or PS3 one at that. But despite these flaws the game prospers by including more than bearably multi player and a story more robust than any ever in theImmediately I have to state the flaws of the Xbox 360 version of Portal 2. It lacks few multi player capabilities like cross compatibility which is featured on the PS3 and PC versions, the graphics aren't nearly as good it's PC counterpart or PS3 one at that. But despite these flaws the game prospers by including more than bearably multi player and a story more robust than any ever in the Puzzle genre. Expand
  7. Apr 19, 2011
    Portal 2 is the best one in its genre, yes you don't kill anyone but thinking with portals makes up for that. Aboslutely Brilliant. Thanks Valve! 10/10
  8. Apr 19, 2011
    Another masterpiece from Valve. Portal 2 improves everything on the original, with better characters, better history and a long and quite varied campaign. I can't think in anything wrong but the graphics, that are a little outdated with the Source Engine. The game of the year so far.
  9. Apr 19, 2011
    As stated by others, the game is too short (4 hours), too easy and the graphics are dated. Not worth the full price. Fanboys are already skewing the score as you can see by the reviews. Even people who admit the game is too short and the graphics are dated still rate it 10/10, proving they are trying to inflate the score. Why give a perfect score if there are obviously flaws which youAs stated by others, the game is too short (4 hours), too easy and the graphics are dated. Not worth the full price. Fanboys are already skewing the score as you can see by the reviews. Even people who admit the game is too short and the graphics are dated still rate it 10/10, proving they are trying to inflate the score. Why give a perfect score if there are obviously flaws which you yourself have stated? Valve employees and hired agents are also inflating the score as they use the same phrases Valve uses in advertising the game. Expand
  10. Apr 19, 2011
    nice story,brilliant writing an hilarious steve merchant as "wheatley" and really good lvl design..for me maybe a little bit too easy and too short but despite of that its one of the best games ive played so far..9.0
  11. Apr 22, 2011
    This game deserves a 10/10 not for perfection, but for the sheer enjoyment it has given me as a gamer. Portal 2 is a game that every gamer MUST have.
  12. Jan 1, 2013
    there is nothing wrong with game if you love portal you will want to play portal 2 it is one of the best puzzle/action you could ever buy/own if you like puzzle games get this the ending is so good
  13. May 17, 2011
    Fantastic game that teaches as it goes. No killing, no swearing, just humorous, innovative game play that never leaves you feeling frustrated. Every time you finish a puzzle you feel like you just got that much better at the game, which is a great feeling a lot of games are missing nowadays.
  14. Apr 23, 2011
    Valve literally did nothing wrong with this game. It is actually underrated. This game is better than any call of duty (after 4) and it kills any other platformer. Valve wins.
  15. Apr 25, 2011
    The multi-player alone is worth the price -- simply the most mind-bending fun I've had playing couch co-op. The single player campaign is a bonus. The writing is superb, the puzzles are fantastic, and the additions they've brought to the Portal "universe" just improve the game.
  16. Apr 25, 2011
    Fantastic writing, and the puzzles are deeper and more diverse than in the original game. The visual style is also very reminiscent of the first game, but much more developed and there are environments to see beyond austere test chambers (or the ruins thereof). There isn't a lot of flash to the visuals, but between the art design and great use of lighting, the game is still very nice toFantastic writing, and the puzzles are deeper and more diverse than in the original game. The visual style is also very reminiscent of the first game, but much more developed and there are environments to see beyond austere test chambers (or the ruins thereof). There isn't a lot of flash to the visuals, but between the art design and great use of lighting, the game is still very nice to look at. Fun and entertaining from beginning to end, worth replaying multiple times, and the co-op is very well done.

The game is about 7-9 hours long in single player, and maybe 4-5 in multiplayer. Some people think that's not enough content for $60 and ding the game for it, but that's kind of silly; rent the game or wait for the price to drop.

The 360 version lacks some of the features found in the PS3 version (Steam support, the PC/Mac version of the game for free) so it's a lesser package. Overall though, it's a fantastic game on any platform.
  17. Apr 27, 2011
    The dialogue and cast of the game is incredibly funny and well written. The puzzles and new game mechanics make the game very fun to play, and the co-op is just as fun as the single player experience. The story and ending are awesome. It's just an awesome game that everyone should get.
  18. Apr 22, 2011
    Portal 2 is a wonderfully fun and addicting game that warmed my heart and left a smile on my face. The voice acting is absolutely superb with Ellen Mclain returning as the lovable but deadly GLaDOS. Stephen Merchant and J.K. Simmons join in with Mclain to create the most humorous dialogue in any game to date. The puzzles are extraordinarily fun to work your way through and can get quitePortal 2 is a wonderfully fun and addicting game that warmed my heart and left a smile on my face. The voice acting is absolutely superb with Ellen Mclain returning as the lovable but deadly GLaDOS. Stephen Merchant and J.K. Simmons join in with Mclain to create the most humorous dialogue in any game to date. The puzzles are extraordinarily fun to work your way through and can get quite challenging towards the end. Valve's Source engine still is great and did not lessen my experience at all. Everyone that loves a comedic intelligent game should buy this or GLaDOS will come and burn your house down with a combustible lemon! Expand
  19. Apr 29, 2011
    Portal 2 was an amazing experience for me. I loved the unfolding back-story. I loved the unique experience. I loved the scale. For me, the length was perfect, because I don't have a lot of free time. Quality over quantity is best for me. Also, my eight-year-old boy is now playing through it and loving too!
  20. May 1, 2011
    Now let it be said right now that this version of Portal 2 is not the ideal version. Frankly, it can be said the ideal version is the PS3 edition, which comes with a Steam copy for free and allows for cross-platform play. This complaint is only a minor one about the version- not the game itself. In terms of the actual game, there is little ill to say of Portal 2. My single biggestNow let it be said right now that this version of Portal 2 is not the ideal version. Frankly, it can be said the ideal version is the PS3 edition, which comes with a Steam copy for free and allows for cross-platform play. This complaint is only a minor one about the version- not the game itself. In terms of the actual game, there is little ill to say of Portal 2. My single biggest complaint is that the environments sometimes feel like puzzles when they are not, and it results in several absolutely needless deaths. Otherwise, Portal 2 is not only a worthy sequel but also surpasses the original in terms of absolute Aperture Science-style madness.

The co-op mode shines through its use of something dubbed a "calibration course"- it allows two players to get used to each other and the game's movement style via a simple series of rooms. The actual co-op tests are fantastic in their effective mix of several simple little puzzles forming a much larger and more complicated mechanism.
  21. May 11, 2011
    The user score is much closer to the truth than the critic score unfortunately. I loved portal but I found this sequel to be a little disappointing. It's too short, (just under 6 hrs), and too easy. There wasn't a puzzle that had me scratching my head for more than a few minutes, and I'm not exactly Einstein. The co op is great fun, but again is too short and easy, Anyone who played theThe user score is much closer to the truth than the critic score unfortunately. I loved portal but I found this sequel to be a little disappointing. It's too short, (just under 6 hrs), and too easy. There wasn't a puzzle that had me scratching my head for more than a few minutes, and I'm not exactly Einstein. The co op is great fun, but again is too short and easy, Anyone who played the souped up hard version of the levels in Portal 1 are going to be VERY disappointed with the game's lack of difficulty. On the bright side, the story is better than I thought it would be and the voice acting and presentation are top notch despite the game still using the half life 2 source engine. There are also a couple of subtle nods to the greater half life universe for anyone who cares. Overall this game should be played as it is entertaining, but rent it insted of buying as your unlikely to play it more than once. Short but mostly sweet. Expand
  22. Jun 16, 2011
    Game of the year, everything about the game is great. As for how long it is, not an issue because it has allowed casual gamers(not me) to actually complete a game for once.
  23. Aug 14, 2011
    This is an amazing game, it takes all the things that made the first portal great and expands upon it. This game is a 10 out of 10, possibly the greatest stradegy game ever made.
  24. Aug 19, 2011
    First off, let me just say that this game is one of the best i have ever played. The story is very engrossing, and made me feel quite emotional at times, especially the end. The game also has some smart remarks made by the AI. For all of the people who think the graphics are out dated, the aren't that bad. The game is not about graphics, it's about solving puzzles. Anyway, its awesome. 9/10
  25. Aug 25, 2011
    It's almost embarrassing how people tend to criticize this game based on it's shortness. I think the critics tend to rush through games to give it the fastest possible time as its average. Obviously the graphics had flaws (I did find a couple glitches, including one in Wheatley's 15th chamber that kept me from an achievement), but I think they are still bright, the use of multipleIt's almost embarrassing how people tend to criticize this game based on it's shortness. I think the critics tend to rush through games to give it the fastest possible time as its average. Obviously the graphics had flaws (I did find a couple glitches, including one in Wheatley's 15th chamber that kept me from an achievement), but I think they are still bright, the use of multiple characters was clever, and the complex story, especially compared to the simple Portal, is absolutely brilliant. You can't go wrong with Portal 2. Expand
  26. Mar 19, 2012
    Honestly, I can only judge the single-player campaign, since no one I know plays the game. It's too bad there's no random-matching system for the multiplayer campaign (last I checked, at least). The single-player is excellent, and Valve shows genius in the dialogue throughout the game. This is by far the funniest game I've ever played. Every puzzle was fun, without the annoyingHonestly, I can only judge the single-player campaign, since no one I know plays the game. It's too bad there's no random-matching system for the multiplayer campaign (last I checked, at least). The single-player is excellent, and Valve shows genius in the dialogue throughout the game. This is by far the funniest game I've ever played. Every puzzle was fun, without the annoying have-to-jump-across-a-gap-exactly-right-or-die feel of the first Portal game. The opera and credit songs were a wonderful touch. I cannot say enough how great of a job Ellen McClain did as GlaDOS. I will probably keep playing this game for a while to come. Expand
  27. Nov 22, 2012
    Portal 2 pulls at the minds of gamers, forcing them to think clearly and remember various techniques in order to complete the level. Amusing and varied challenges offer great incentive to play on and progress to the next level. The new gadgets are drip-fed to players just enough to keep them interested enough as well. The gameplay is just one part of why this game is very impressive, thePortal 2 pulls at the minds of gamers, forcing them to think clearly and remember various techniques in order to complete the level. Amusing and varied challenges offer great incentive to play on and progress to the next level. The new gadgets are drip-fed to players just enough to keep them interested enough as well. The gameplay is just one part of why this game is very impressive, the other being the hilarious dialogue and characters present in the game who all have very interesting personalities and very skilful voice actors. Both the high quality gameplay and the humorous characters combine to make this a must play for anybody who has the means to. Expand
  28. Apr 19, 2011
    Great game! Played it and loved it on PC... People giveing it low marks are evil internet trolls who havent even played the game. Amazing voice acting!
  29. Apr 19, 2011
    This game is superior to the original Portal. That's a rare thing. Writing, design, and gameplay are all top-notch. I could whine about day 1 dlc if I was superdramatic and spoiled, but I am not. This game is fantastic.
  30. Apr 19, 2011
    A great continuation of the portal story. It's sad to see users such as "Valvesucks" needlessly bring down the user score when they obviously haven't tried the game.

1. Jun 6, 2011
    Portal 2 is a triumph in every sense of the word, a wonderful experience from start to finish and one that you won't soon forget.
  2. May 23, 2011
    Indeed, this is both mathematical and storytelling art-work; it teams a gripping narrative with an inventive gameplay mechanic that makes for an excellent and unforgettable ride.
  3. A huge and stunning sequel, as witty as it is brain-bendingly challenging. [July 2011, p.98]