8.5

1. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is absolutely horrendous. I would recommend it to no one, unless I hate them. I only own this game because I got it as a part of a Xbox Live subscription bundle. The graphics are very poor, the game seems like it tries to be realistic, but isn't in anyway. The presentation is very underwhelming, and the mechanics are downright atrocious. Nothing about this game feels natural, especially the driving. Not even worth a rent. Do yourself a favor and go get a copy of Forza 3 or 4 instead. Expand

1. It’s uncompromising and involved and may not be for everyone, but you sense it’s the game Bizarre have been meaning to make for the last seven years, and for that alone, it’s precious. [Nov 2007, p.86]
  2. PGR4 wrings the best yet out of an already scintillating arcade racing game. As a swansong for Activision-bound Bizarre Creations, it's more than we could have wished for, and a daunting prospect for whichever developer Microsoft asks to follow it.
  3. Project Gotham Racing 4 continues the series' tradition of brilliant visuals and fun gameplay, and adds to the list with new rides and weather effects that must be driven to be believed.