8.5

1. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is absolutely horrendous. I would recommend it to no one, unless I hate them. I only own this game because I got it as a part of a Xbox Live subscription bundle. The graphics are very poor, the game seems like it tries to be realistic, but isn't in anyway. The presentation is very underwhelming, and the mechanics are downright atrocious. Nothing about this game feelsThis game is absolutely horrendous. I would recommend it to no one, unless I hate them. I only own this game because I got it as a part of a Xbox Live subscription bundle. The graphics are very poor, the game seems like it tries to be realistic, but isn't in anyway. The presentation is very underwhelming, and the mechanics are downright atrocious. Nothing about this game feels natural, especially the driving. Not even worth a rent. Do yourself a favor and go get a copy of Forza 3 or 4 instead. Expand
  2. Dec 10, 2010
    Me ha encantado este juego. Tenía el Forza 3 y este me parece más entretenido, más adictivo, me trasmite mucho más y desde luego es al único que juego, tanto en solitario como con amigos.
    Recomendable 100%, máximo cuando en España está a 10 euros de segunda mano en tiendas Game.
  3. Aug 2, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games ever created in racing history. A huge car selection to choose from and a a great amount of tracks keeps the gamer coming back for more. Another great racing game for the entire family to enjoy, whether its everyone playing or just watch it is fun for everyone. Live long PGR4, you won't be forgotten.
  4. Jul 12, 2013
    I think this games shine amongst the other racing titles out there. Excellent presentation and wonderful tracks. Can't wait for a sequel, the genre really needs it!
  5. Sep 29, 2011
    I'm new to the PGR franchise, but am loving it. it's not a pure simulator..but it's not all arcade death either. It has great graphics and excellent driver views. I love the **** angle with the full instrument panel in full-view..without it interfering with my view of the track. :) Hell, you even have bikes and cars racing against each other...another enjoyable novelty. Really, I couldI'm new to the PGR franchise, but am loving it. it's not a pure simulator..but it's not all arcade death either. It has great graphics and excellent driver views. I love the **** angle with the full instrument panel in full-view..without it interfering with my view of the track. :) Hell, you even have bikes and cars racing against each other...another enjoyable novelty. Really, I could list tiny details all day... this is just an all around excellent game. For racers, a must-have. Expand
  6. Sep 28, 2011
    New additions such as weather effects, bikes and new cities are great. Same PGR gameplay, but the only dissapointing thing is the career, which is separate to arcade mode. There's not incentive to play on a harder difficulty. So I'd do arcade events on Gold or platinum but play career on easy. You can't re-do events since there's no point. Really the old PGR 3 system was better. You alsoNew additions such as weather effects, bikes and new cities are great. Same PGR gameplay, but the only dissapointing thing is the career, which is separate to arcade mode. There's not incentive to play on a harder difficulty. So I'd do arcade events on Gold or platinum but play career on easy. You can't re-do events since there's no point. Really the old PGR 3 system was better. You also spend kudos in the item shop rather than getting money separately. Either way it's a great addition to the series. Shame about the pointless career mode. Expand
  7. Nov 6, 2011
    The is a beautiful game especially for its time trust me this review is coming from the year 2011 and this game still looks as good as the top racing games today. The Project Gotham series has a lot of history. Back when the first Xbox came out Project Gotham is the game that made it popular. During this time Gran Turismo may have been the grand daddy of simulation racers but ProjectThe is a beautiful game especially for its time trust me this review is coming from the year 2011 and this game still looks as good as the top racing games today. The Project Gotham series has a lot of history. Back when the first Xbox came out Project Gotham is the game that made it popular. During this time Gran Turismo may have been the grand daddy of simulation racers but Project Gotham was the grand daddy of arcade racers. Now can Pgr4 live up to it's predecessors name. The answer is yes it does and then some. Pgr3 may not have been the game people were look for but Pgr4 makes up for it. Starting off with the visuals it is still among the best looking racers to date and easily has the best look tracks and environments to date. Take a minute and look at them the detail in it is just amazing. Looking at other racers the car selection could have been a bit bigger but this game is 4 years old. Project Gotham T.V has been improved as well as online. Going on to weather affects this game excels in this aspect. It translates to the tracks perfectly as well having big puddles of water in the middle of the track. Also the tracks change when racing in the snow such as the tree not having leaves and snow actually covering the road and the car. All of this isn't just for show it's actually a gameplay mechanic. Meaning you can actually feel the difference when racing in weather. The Kudos system is considerably worse though. You don't get Kudos bonuses for stringing combos together and you can only earn a certain amount of Kudos each race. Although it's still the best point system in any racing game it just isn't as good as the former system and doesn't feel the same. Now on to damage. There is virtually no damage in the game while former Project Gotham games did in fact have damage. This was a let down.. But I am still giving the game a 10/10 because it still competes both visually and gameplay wise to games in 2011. And that's an amazing accomplishment. Now it's time to see if there is going to be a Pgr5 and what it has in store for us. Expand
  8. Oct 11, 2012
    It was an interesting time to pick up PGR 4 and give it a whirl. At first I was impressed, but then I was really impressed. Backstory: I picked up PGR back in July as I thought 3.99 for such a highly acclaimed game had to be worth i, but shortly after put it down. I then picked up Forza 3 in August as I felt the need for some racing games in preparation for Forza 4. With those two racingIt was an interesting time to pick up PGR 4 and give it a whirl. At first I was impressed, but then I was really impressed. Backstory: I picked up PGR back in July as I thought 3.99 for such a highly acclaimed game had to be worth i, but shortly after put it down. I then picked up Forza 3 in August as I felt the need for some racing games in preparation for Forza 4. With those two racing Goliath's in my presence it was hard to want to play such a dated game. After plowing through Forza 4 and dabbling in some other games I finally decided to jump back into PGR 4 and just finish it out. Going from a racing sim to such an arcady game was shock at first but as I played it more I grew fond of how realistic it actually was. Flying through races as if they would never end the idea grew on me of how impressed people must have been when this first came out. If I was impressed with it after breathing one of the most current sims for over a month straight it really must have been a beautiful experience in its launch year. The graphics have such an effect of realism I almost don't believe it is its age. The fact that Bizarre was actually able to put in rain let alone snow!?! and still hold a decent FPS. I have zero experience with game development but I know that these guys had some crazy talent. The course selection was fresh, fast, technical and constantly exciting. The forgiveness in the game probably made it a overall more pleasant experience as I didn't feel as though I was having to hit lines perfectly every time to win and was able to just race and have fun. The car selection was great and even better because I was able to put them in my virtual "garage". I could not have been more pleased with this game and really wish I was around in its time so I could have joined in on some online action. Fingers crossed for a PGR 5! Expand
  9. Nov 15, 2012
    One of those hidden gems. The cars do not look that great but the cities look awesome and the tracks are some of, if not the best tracks of any racer on the market. The look of the game is unique. Love it.
    Also the handling is great. A touch of realism helps it stand out.
    Also the handling is great. A touch of realism helps it stand out.
    The big bonus is bikes and weather effects. Bikes got the same care as the cars but feel different enough to make them stand out. The learning curve is also a tad different. The weather effects are great as well. The rain is convincing, the fog is good without being distracting and the ice and rain makes the roads realistically slick.
    The biggest thing PGR has over the competition is the kudos system that rewards you on how you drive and the types of races the game has. Never has a racing game had so many different types of races. From time trials to cone challenges. It is packed.
    Bizzare Creations could make a PGR game in their sleep at this point and it has its own look and feel. Sadly Activision bought the developer and closed them down putting the series in hiatus. It is a great game. It would be a shame if Microsoft never gets around to making another one.
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    Project Gotham Racing 4 is the last great game from Bizarre Creations.
    A challenging arcade game mixing cars and bikes (very few games have this feature). To me this is the game with the best engine sounds. You have a very good feel of each vehicule. This game worth more than any Ridge Racer or Need For Speed game (as far as arcade game goes).
    Sadly, it failed against Forza Motorsport
    Project Gotham Racing 4 is the last great game from Bizarre Creations.

Sadly, it failed against Forza Motorsport 2 (a great game too).
    For many gamers PGR 4 will have a special place their heart, knowing that it all started with Metropolis Street Racer on the Sega Dreamcast ...

1. It’s uncompromising and involved and may not be for everyone, but you sense it’s the game Bizarre have been meaning to make for the last seven years, and for that alone, it’s precious. [Nov 2007, p.86]
  2. PGR4 wrings the best yet out of an already scintillating arcade racing game. As a swansong for Activision-bound Bizarre Creations, it's more than we could have wished for, and a daunting prospect for whichever developer Microsoft asks to follow it.
  3. Project Gotham Racing 4 continues the series' tradition of brilliant visuals and fun gameplay, and adds to the list with new rides and weather effects that must be driven to be believed.