2.4

1. Mar 7, 2014
    The simple good thing in the game is the graphic. I am often asking if the developers know that the games look like nowadays. Virtual Co-op is better than this, just because that was the time for this tipe of gameplay and not 2014. This is awkward... you cannot do something different! The most active is shooting and then doing cover. This is not a good game, as shooter, but, maybe, as aThe simple good thing in the game is the graphic. I am often asking if the developers know that the games look like nowadays. Virtual Co-op is better than this, just because that was the time for this tipe of gameplay and not 2014. This is awkward... you cannot do something different! The most active is shooting and then doing cover. This is not a good game, as shooter, but, maybe, as a different game, should be better. Expand
  2. Feb 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I haven't done and won't be doing a full length review for this game because I would essentially end up saying the same thing over and over. Sadly, this is one of those games where I could just imagine it being terrible before I'd even played it, and boy was I right on the money. Speaking of money, don't waste yours on this junk- and junk is what it is. It's always sad when a studio puts in "work" on a game that is inevitably so terrible that it's hard to imagine somebody actually crafted it over a long period of time. Literally the only thing interesting about this game is that Rambo in-game has about the same expression as Sly had throughout the entire Rambo series. Other than that, this is an entirely too much on rails game that can't even do on-rails correctly, and ultimately falls into the hellish abyss of crappy games. I'm being pretty generous just giving it a score of a 2, as that is probably more than it deserves. Expand
  3. Mar 12, 2014
    So, Rambo. Rambo, Rambo, Rambo... What are we going to do with you? First of all before we get into what is so, so wrong about this game, let's go through the things that were good about it. Number one is that it made me appreciate how good the Rambo films are (well most of them) because of how different they are to this game. Number two is the constant enjoyment I get out of nearly everySo, Rambo. Rambo, Rambo, Rambo... What are we going to do with you? First of all before we get into what is so, so wrong about this game, let's go through the things that were good about it. Number one is that it made me appreciate how good the Rambo films are (well most of them) because of how different they are to this game. Number two is the constant enjoyment I get out of nearly every aspect of life, knowing that life will never get as bad as that horrible time I endured the torture of this video game. Number three is that it has made me appreciate free movement in video games. And finally the fourth thing the game has taught me is that trailers can sometimes make the game seem better than it is. And then there are trailers, like the one used for this video game, that not only exaggerate how good the game is but also straight up lie to you. So, ironically the things I liked about the game were the things that it made me appreciate while not playing it and the things it didn't ruin. Right, now onto the relentless criticism. The price is the main issue here and all of the other waste in the game simply revolves around it, like flies orbiting some dog faeces. The fact that someone can charge £30 for this in this day and age is a disgrace to the human race. I would not think this game deserves this to reach the price of an arcade game. I would not expect this deserves to reach the price of a free to play game. The price I would say this game is worth of is in the minus numbers and even then, it would have to be a pretty big sum. I think that the developers of this game should pay people to play it. It's that horrible. Here's why. It's a rail shooter (a shooter that does not allow you to move, just to shoot) in 2014. In 2014, actually no scrap that, let's go back 10 years. In 2004, we did not have rail shooters. We had games like Star Wars Battlefront (a much better game released 10 years before this), FIFA 04 (a much better game released 10 years before this) and the list goes on and on, but you get the point. Having a rail shooter in this century, let alone year, is unacceptable. The graphics as well as the gameplay are horrendous, another aspect of this travesty that shouldn't be allowed to be so bad. The character model of Rambo, looks nothing like Rambo. It looks like a child picked up their favourite doll and then dressed them up like Rambo. Actually on the subject of character models, all of the Vietnamese people in the game look the same. Not only is this an insult to the people who bought this game, but link this with the racist attire they are wearing and it becomes an insult to the people of Vietnam. The voice acting is some of the worst I have ever heard only second to that of Ride to Hell: Retribution. It also doesn't help that the game lacks a story and for most of it has you, Rambo and I'll repeat that, RAMBO, mowing down policemen. So not only did the developers get the graphics, the gameplay, the story, the character models and the overall feel of the game wrong, but they also managed to, and there's no other way to put this, screw up the character of Rambo, the literal name of the game. Giving this game a 2 is generous, the only reason I rated it so high is the joy it gives me in knowing I never have to play it again. Expand
  4. Mar 30, 2014
    F'''ing horrendous it has awful graphics and cutscenes, what is this sh't you ask it is a f''''ng rail shooter, with awful perks don't buy this and use the money to buy mgs gz a piece of sh't is this game
  5. Mar 10, 2014
    I loved the films, unlike the game (sorry Skipper - you can speak fer yerself mate, but not for the likes of me). A whole set of movie plots being followed in rail-shooter fashion on a PC does not a solid, good game make. I found it tedious at best, plain ridiculous at worst. To say that this game simply should never have been allowed to hit the shelves is an understatement. Much likeI loved the films, unlike the game (sorry Skipper - you can speak fer yerself mate, but not for the likes of me). A whole set of movie plots being followed in rail-shooter fashion on a PC does not a solid, good game make. I found it tedious at best, plain ridiculous at worst. To say that this game simply should never have been allowed to hit the shelves is an understatement. Much like another game I'm going to review any second now. Expand
  6. Feb 22, 2014
    The worst on-rails experience in gaming history. You will be captivated so much by its polygons, you will regret buying this mistake of a game. Took 4 hours to beat, and that is with the constantly-dying difficulty spike that occurs on the last level. The co-op (which in this case: good luck finding someone to writhe in agony with you) is hilariously even worse than the normal campaign byThe worst on-rails experience in gaming history. You will be captivated so much by its polygons, you will regret buying this mistake of a game. Took 4 hours to beat, and that is with the constantly-dying difficulty spike that occurs on the last level. The co-op (which in this case: good luck finding someone to writhe in agony with you) is hilariously even worse than the normal campaign by yourself. The animations are awful, the story follows the three Rambo movies. The best part, is that there are audio lines directly ripped out of the spine of the movies, because Stallone refused to lend his voice to the game, which was a smart decision. Get ready to ride the worst roller coaster ride of the your life. Expand
  7. Mar 19, 2014
    So many issues are with this game. Why does aiming and combat feel clumsy and slow? Why does auto-aim hinder you (Police station level)? Why is there whole levels of QTEs? Why does the reload feature in combo with game make you vulnerable due to sections of game because it takes him tedious seconds to reload and there is no cover in those sections? Why do enemies or you clip a lot or ragSo many issues are with this game. Why does aiming and combat feel clumsy and slow? Why does auto-aim hinder you (Police station level)? Why is there whole levels of QTEs? Why does the reload feature in combo with game make you vulnerable due to sections of game because it takes him tedious seconds to reload and there is no cover in those sections? Why do enemies or you clip a lot or rag doll in funny moments? Why is all of Rambo's dialogue including other characters ripped straight from the movie? Why does the graphics look late Ps2 era? Why does this game cost $40?

No better on the PC either where it will crash to Steam for no reason but atleast mouse feels more responsive. Guns all feel the same and more ammo is what you want not that you be playing the challenge modes anyways. Game has no repeatability besides showing your friend how bad this game is. Save your money and buy all the movies. Give or take each movie costs $10 that's all the Rambo for the cost of this game.
  8. May 28, 2014
    On rails shooter for 3 hours......... 40 QUID!!!!!! I DON'T JUST FEEL ROBBED..... I FEEL HURT BY THIS GAME IT LOOKS AND PLAYS LIKE A LATE PS2 GAME!!!! if you see this game....... RUN
  9. Nov 11, 2014
    If Reef Entertainment could have at least explain us what kind of game we could get, it would have been less bad rated. Don't expect to much of this game.

Rambo The Video Game is a 2 hours long on-rail shooting gallery with very "good" QTE-sections. The audio is just bad because it is just the audio from the 3 Rambo movies. There is no such thing as voice acting and the type of

The audio is just bad because it is just the audio from the 3 Rambo movies.
    There is no such thing as voice acting and the type of gameplay is just awkwardly bad. There is stealth but isn't very revolutionary because it has only one button to press...

This is a message to game devs. I know that the development cycle of a video game is very difficult and long but there is something called being enthousiastic and some motivation. Movie licensed games are typically bad because of a lack of inspiration or a very short development cycle but can you please try making something good which is worth the money. I would rather wait 5 years for a good video game than a game with only 1 year of development cycle.
  10. Feb 22, 2014
    I have to use 150 characters minimum to be able to hit submit button so here is one simple question. $40 price point what the f*** where they thinking ?
  11. Feb 25, 2014
    Im feel like playing a DUCK game from SNES but without fun (have to play at mouse, not lightgun). Cheap effects, and screenshots on Steam looks TOTALLY different than ingame. Plastic models, idiotic "pseudo rpg style perks". Voice acting from movie (sounds like from old VHS). That game is terrible.
  12. Jun 28, 2014
    11/10^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  13. Feb 24, 2014
    I would actually be surprised if more than 10 people wbought this game in the whole world. It's that **** Awful graphics. **** shooting. EVERYTHING IS **** DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! SAVE YOURSELF AND STAY FAR AWAY. And i cannot stress how much that final level is frustrating as hell.... oh my god this game..... just don't even look at it.
  14. Mar 5, 2014
    Awful how could they do this! It has to be the worst on rails shooter ever to exist. The graphics were absolutely pitiful, the voices were ripped straight from the movie... Its just bad don't do it, don't waste your money.
  15. Mar 15, 2014
    Im not like the movie,im not like the game,but my father love the movie,but this game is a f***** **** one enemie per level WTF, this game is a offense for the fans of the movie!
  16. Apr 5, 2014
    Don't you even dare BUY THIS GARBAGE. This is not a game, its a chore. Games are meant to be played for FUN. This isn't even one of those games that you can buy and laugh at it with your friends. THIS **** IS AWFUL.
  17. May 1, 2014
    This game is just terrible.
    The Graphics don't even like they're for PS3. They look lije they have these 3D paper models.
    The shooting is annoying.
    It's totally broken.

If you want to see action, watch the last 30 minutes of Rambo the move. Don't buy this sorry excuse for a game.
  18. May 11, 2014
    Every single aspect of this game is crap. From it's barely functioning old school rail shooting to 40$ asking price. This game is a joke. The cut-scenes feature awful graphics, and you'll spend so much of the game repeating similar quick time events, it quickly gets boring. Even those who can stand awful games will shutter at Rambo: The Video Game.
  19. May 28, 2014
    This "game" is PATHETIC and GROSS, what are we, in the 1990's? How DARE you give gamer's this GARBAGE. the developers and others involved should be DISGUSTED and ASHAMED of themselves for this piece of **** "game". There is absolutely NOTHING worthwhile or good in this piece of trash. DON'T EVER BUY IT!!!
  20. Jul 19, 2014
    This game can be summed up in one word: terrible. In 2014, and costing $40, this is a disgraceful attempt and an ambassador for all that is wrong with the gaming industry.
    Graphics: Low resolution and terrible character models.
    Gameplay: An on-rails shooter, when every single weapon feels the same.
    Running: Catastrophic bugs, glitches and crashes.
    In short, don't buy this game.

1. Apr 9, 2014
    Some games are so bad they're endearing. Rambo is not one of these. It's an insult to games and gamers alike. [May 2014, p.78]
    It's so terrible it nearly transcends its own boundaries and becomes something jaw-droppingly incredible - being memorably crap. [Apr 2014, p.89]
  3. Mar 3, 2014
    Our first contact with Rambo : The Videogame at the gamescom 2012 had already hinted us, but we would have never imagined a catastrophe of this magnitude. Rail shooter on drugs, Reef ENtertainment's title is simply unplayable, due to an aim lacking calibration, incomprehensively lame design choices (a full level with only QTE), shameful graphics worthy of the late 90's era, an extreme difficulty and an OSt that limits to a few looped themes. We are used to playing crappy games, but it's been long since we saw a turd of that caliber. Rambo The Videogame is a school case, a benchmark for what is to be avoided when making videogames, a true message to developers. At least it will have one purpose.