4.9

1. Oct 8, 2012
    Stop freaking out and hitting zero. Seriously? A zero? No current gen game is that awful. This a vast improvement over RE5 and Operation Raccoon City. This a case of fanboys not getting their way.
  2. Oct 8, 2012
    I read all the criticism, and bought the game anyway believing it couldn't be THAT bad... Now, I want my $60 back.

The Resident Evil franchise has turned into a lackluster and at times broken 3rd person shooter. Couple that with frustrating melee combat, cheap deaths that make NO logical sense (hit by a train while 40 feet away from the tracks?) , and just plain old bizarre creatures
    that awkwardly run down hallways and bump into you or fly around getting caught on invisible walls. For me, it was just unplayable. Expand
  3. Oct 8, 2012
    This has to be the worst Resident Evil ever released in the canon. See I don't really care that all the magic and horror is gone, I could enjoy a decent third person shooter. However, this game is so blatantly generic and bad it's impossible to like it. The game deserves a 0 because it's more frustrating than fun. Basically the QTEs is what's ruining it.
  4. Oct 8, 2012
    This game raise the bar of mediocrity in every way. The only thing that i can call survival horror in this game is the fact to buy it. The fourth instalment in the series was amazing, probably one of the greatest game i ever played. I understand a concept need a refresh from time to time, but not this way. The demo of the game didn't convince me at all but like many of us i decided to give a chance and bought it. The biggest deception of 2012 by far. Expand
  5. Oct 8, 2012
    I have reviewed most of the posts about this game and it really makes me wonder if anyone who gave this game a 10 have even seen any other games out there. How can you call this "trolling" when an overwhelming majority have rated this game so bad. Most of the highest posts were from gamers who hadn't finished the first few chapters. Wait until Chapters 4 and 5 and you realize you have already played most of this in the beginning of the game, or until you realize that you are fighting the same guy over and over. I don't care if it's Capcom or anyone else, I really don't care who puts what out there and calls it a game, but if it's a piece of ****, then I am going to call it a piece of ****. Read the highest reviews and they even agree that it's nowhere near a 10 but they feel they have to give it a high rating to make up for all the low scores. Really, what is the point of rating something if you feel that you have defend it for the poor product it really is? I have always been the type of person who if it smells like ****, looks likes ****, then it must be ****., and this game is ****. Don't post if you haven't even played the game and especially if you have to give it a higher rating than you really feel it deserves. The reviews DONT LIE, over 2,600 negative reviews to 260 positive, are you seriously trying to say that 10 times the people have got it wrong and you are right? I'm not a hater of RE6, but when you produce something this bad and charge people $65 dollars, I feel they should know what they aren't getting for their money. $15 would be a fair price for what you get with this game. Capcom may have spent countless amounts promoting this game, but I think that you will see sales dwindle and people actually telling the game world that we want more and not some troll of a game. Expand
  6. Oct 8, 2012
    An epic action-game with it's own identity set in the world of Resident Evil. It features co-op just like Resident Evil 5 but they game works well to play it alone. The story is divided in 4 campaigns (one has to be unlocked) and the way they tell the story actually manages to get you sucked in. There is always something you want to shed light on in the story, questions that need answers etc, so you continue playing because of this. The bossfights are great and the J'avo are funny enemies. The zombies however, seem a bit uninspired and reminds you more of L4D rather than Resident Evil. The game isn't scary... except when it comes to one enemy IMO, the Raskaplanje, a regenerator-looking monster that is even more horrorfying to look at. Other than that, it is the action we have come to know from RE4, but improved. All the characters except Piers and Helena are interesting for fans that have followed the series a long time, as we have come to know them from several games before. Yeah, I really liked this game a lot. I've had some crazy fun moments with this game and I'm going to keep on playing it as there are still some stuff to look forward to. Expand
  7. Oct 8, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 follows in the footsteps of both 4 ( with 4 it has big shoes to fill) & 5 and does so brilliantly as it emulates the 4th's gritty setting and tension while keeping the 5th's lust for blood and guns it isn
  8. Oct 8, 2012
    This should have been a new ip and it will be decent its clearly doesn't deserve resi 6 name hope dev will learn from their mistake

And why low score cause its not resi
  9. Oct 8, 2012
    Alright, I get it. This is not the game you have been waiting and you are disappointed and in a huff, but it is way too childish and ridiculous to give this game a 0. The gameplay is weak (I only played Leon halfway), the lack of crowd control is a loss, the impact of the bullets on the zombies is less satisfying, IA is annoying, cutscenes intrusive ..., but this is a fully functional game, completely playable and enjoyable by many who can be mislead by the ridiculous average user score this game is getting.
    RE 4 was also severely criticized and widely lampooned and with time it has come to be one of the most praised chapters in the franchise because it took years to the herd of narrow-minded nerds out there to realize that the mechanics of the game had changed. I just wonder if the new moves system and the new melee attack system aren't just a new change an that when we get to grips with it we will be having as much fun as we did with RE 4. With such narrow-minded bigots It may take years.
  10. Oct 8, 2012
    I am a huge Resident Evil fan and I have played every single game, 4 being my favorite. I read a lot of ratings on here and couldn't believe them until I played the game myself. I just completed all the campaigns. What a beautiful game ruined by random frustrating button mashing and jittery movements. I base my rating solely on the game play and the frustration that comes with it. I think the story line is solid and the creatures in the game are probably some of the best Resident Evil monsters I've ever seen but good lord is this game frustrating to play. My advice to all Resident Evil fans is wait to buy this till its twenty bucks or if you have it handed to you for free. Other than that don't waste your time or money on this game. This installment is almost as bad as Operation Racoon City. Expand
  11. Oct 7, 2012
    It feels like whoever made this game never played it themselves or played anyother game that has come out in the last 5 years. The game is just so frustrating, especially if you want to play split screen. First off if you want to play the game you must do this dumb prologue, which does not teach you the controls or in anyway prepare you to play the game. Now this dose not sound too bad but if your playing with two people then if the second player wants to change their perks they must go through it. Then if you want to change your perks the first player must sign out and then have the second player go through the menus, then sign back in. It also sucks that there is only one mutiplayer map and if you want to play the others you must beat 2 campaigns, thats like 10 hours just to unlock a new map. There are so many other things which just suck, when your split screen friend dies you must watch them fall to the ground on your screen and cant see what your player is doing. The bosses have weak points but good luck trying to find them without looking it up online or dying. The game gives absolutely no back story, I have no idea whats going on, and the more I play the less I care. The settings and enemies are just so ridiculous and boring (shark, dinosaur, snake, fly). The cover system is pathetic, and has absolutely no use.

The mercenaries mode is really fun tho.
  12. Oct 7, 2012
    Okay, What the hell happened right?
    Well first lets set somethings straight , the 0 is a protest vote I would actually give the game a rating of somewhere between 4-5 because it is a functional piece of software in the same way that if in a restaurant I was served a rotten , worm infested fish it is still technically edible and therefore "food" but I digress
    I am a longtime resident evil
    fan..played 1-3 CV 4 5 And 6.. I thought 4 was a masterpiece and loved every second of it and was a sublime blend of action and horror, 5 diluted the horror but was still a good game.. But..what the hell happened in 6?
    Its is shockingly bad..the story builds up well until the grand mystery is revealed and then..well its not even a story..It is literally " I am bad guy..rawr..i must destroy world" Lean and co: " No! we will stop you" bam there you go the entire resi 6 plot..just add in a few thousand explosions( I mean literally omg i dont think you go 1 minute in this game without an explosion you just become null to all the action after the first 30mins ).
    The shooting feels totally off ,the guns have no impact and aren't very fun to shoot. The inventory system has been totally retarded , absolutely NO gun upgrading...zombies / javo are too fast which means you have no time to line up head shots and conserve ammo, so you end up just mashing melee which is boring as hell..
    Graphics are just crap...awesome in some places but only those that were in demo footage before..all the filler areas have ps2 level textures...Boss fights suck, same guy,same boss fight..exact actual same in each campaign.
    On a plus note the voice acting and cutscenes are all amazingly well made..very impressive and kudos to whatever department was in charge of making them.. However the gameplay is just...just boring..some of the set pieces are alright..some are bland others annoying..but never ever anywhere approachable to good.
    And the last thing i must mention.. Quick time events...holy christ.. It feels like this game has more qtes than heavy rain..its insane..and there all poorly done..they dont relate to what your character is doing well so it mostly feels like " press a to continue with this cut scene "..this game may have literally killed qte's forever
    I'm really interested to see who directed this game as I cannot believe it is the same people who made the 4/5..The fact stands that as a resident evil game..with that sort of heritage it is abysmal..but even by the standards of games today it is Horrific..comparable to duke nukem forever.. the only saving grace are the cut scene's quality.. which are mostly shown in all the trailers and why I believe alot of people will be tricked into buying this crap...the actual game itself though is just terrible.
    I have no faith in the creators ability to save this series either..If something this bad could get through capcoms quality control then I will be very cautious before I buy another resi title or even capcom title
  13. Oct 7, 2012
    Giving it a 10 just to counter all the nonsense 0's people are giving out. I've played for a couple of hours on Leon's campaign, and this game is a solid 7.5-8/10 so far.
  14. Oct 7, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 offers a variety of brand new fun changes and additions that make it different from others, but even though the game is very big, it still lacks to original formula many fans crave for.
  15. Oct 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Getting one thing out in the open there before I actually write my thoughts on the game... NO.. THIS IS NOT RESIDENT EVIL 1 OR 2... If you want to play those games, nobodies stopping you from popping in your old discs. THAT GENERATION IS OVER, GET OVER IT! God knows I DO NOT want to play the same damn game from the 90's with better graphics. People that are saying that the game has changed too much are just full of nostalgia. The changes are AMAZING. Something new and different which is good. If they made it more like Resident Evil 2, PEOPLE WOULD STILL COMPLAIN ABOUT IT BEING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN! The problem is that people don't know what they want! NOW! I found the game to be very compelling with the story, but in a way where it makes you guess until the end. Once you complete Ada's campaign, pieces start fitting. The more campaigns you complete the better the understanding of the plot becomes. They aren't just telling you, they are making you wonder until later. Which I like. BUT Capcom... Seriously... THE ONLINE FEATURES ARE USELESS. Might as well throw them in the trash.. Agent Hunt? Its fun for about 30 minutes until you get tired of being killed in one shot. YOU DON'T EVEN GET ANYTHING OUT OF AGENT HUNT. Basically a one time play and you're done. Not to mention the annoyance of not being able to play with people you know, all you have is quick-match with randoms.

The mercenaries is nothing new, its been in the games for a very long time. I'm not saying its not fun.... But it gets old... Really old... Running around killing the same things. It got old 3 games ago. Now the issues I had with the campaign which I found to be extremely annoying was for one the damn camera. During your campaign with Chris and Piers you run into a giant oogy-boogie which you must run around this giant circular room while jumping and sliding under things. This would be amazing IF the damn camera wouldn't change every 3 seconds and invert the controls to make you run backwards.
    The second issue I had was OF COURSE the AI. Sitting at the door waiting for your partner while the AI runs around shooting at random zombies until it dies and you fail the mission gets very annoying. Another annoying thing was not having the option to play the prologue when you first pop in the disc. Be ready to go because it takes you directly to gameplay with a push of a button. I came back with Leon's awesome haircut on my screen waiting with no clue as where he was. The last thing I'd have to admit was the VERY cheesy lines Leon had. IT WAS PAINFUL. In the prologue... "So... back for more...?" What made that so bad was when he was saying it, he looked like CLINT EASTWOOD. Looked like he was going to say "So...back for more...Punk?... Are ya?...". Despite these few flaws and one hilarious one at times, the game was an amazing success. Don't listen to the idiots who gave it a low rating because the game was "TOO DIFFERENT" ... I hate that with a passion.
  16. Oct 7, 2012
    Yep well I don't know how to say this guys, but RE6 is pretty much a perfect example of why the video game industry is falling downhill; it tries to be what it shouldn't.
    Remember the creepy atmosphere we had in RE4? The terror when you first encountered the "regenerator" in the hospital? I sure do, and RE6 threw it all trough the window and replaced them with zombies with guns. Doing
    tactics. riding vehicles. What am I even playing here? Chris/Jake campaign is an insult to the RE series. Even the campaign with Leon/WhatsHerFace doesn't offer much horror. You can punch the head off of zombies, how am I supposed to be scared when I'm a walking death machine? Cinematics represents half the game, Quick time events every god damn corners, your normal speed is running, a cross air was added along the laser sight, the story is confusing and I couldn't follow-- and where the hell did Jake Muller came from anyway? Wesker never mentioned he had a son! Puzzles are a no brainer (AKA they suck) I have so many mixed feelings about this game, its like rage, sadness and disappointment came together as one and kicked me in the balls. Expand
  17. Oct 7, 2012
    I will like to say one thing to all the people who gave this game negative reviews and that is; what did you all expect. This is entirely every gamers fault who praised Resident Evil 4 for leading this series to this and any other series into its direction. We cant blame companies for adding certain aspects of a game like QTE, cutscenes,its linear gamestyle and gameplay mechanics to a game we like and adding there twist on it. I cant be mad at this game for that because that is what is expected of it. The fans are the ones that killed this series and the same is going to happen with Dead Space 3. As for my take on Resident Evil 6 well I have to say as a fan of the series and playing all the games this is by far the true sequel I was waiting for since playing Nemesis. I was not a fan of the sibling rivalries of the Redfields and Ashfords in Code Veronica. I was not a fan of the Gun Survivors or the outbreaks games. Resident Evil 4 was to me the worst of the franchise which didn't explain anything at all and was a complete detachment of the series. As for Resident Evil 5 well we have to blame Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War co-op for that and that.

My only gripe with the game was the amount of cutscenes this game had. Its something that's expected with games now especially ones made in Japan. This to me is the biggest problem with the game industry. I believe that these game developers need someone to advise them how much of this **** is needed and relevant in telling a story without sacrificing gameplay and also it helps decrease the games production value considerably. Its like they are confused in what they are trying to develop, a game or a movie.

The other thing was the wrestling combat. As for ammo I never had a problem since the first skill I bought was the increase item drop. Which to me made the most sense to pick up first. This game took all the best stuff from all the games and made it feel new. Zombies are back on fans demand and people still complain. There is a total of 4 campaigns and multiplayer elements which is alot of stuff on a PS3 disc. So I suggest buying this game because quite frankly as since the year began there really hasnt been any good games released so far. So I say give it a try you'll be surprised.
  18. Oct 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can get over the gameplay changes throughout the series, even the n00b level of playing that it has become... but the one thing i cannot stand is ruining to Canon storyline. C-virus? really? magically creating everything that all the old virus's and parasites used to make? i mean seriously running through the game with Leon, only encountering Zombies. Somehow Chris and Jake never encounter a single Zombie in the same city, and only encounter J'avo (seriously c-virus made these? hmm well guess las plagas just went extinct didnt they?). This newest game completely destroys the Resident Evil story just like those crappy movies they keep making. Don't forget capcom you can re-use the T-virus, G-virus, T+G virus, the T-leeches, T-veronica virus, Weskers Virus, Progenitor Virus, T-abyss virus, and oh i dunno the 5 or 6 parasite species you introduced. When you actually look at all 7 character playthroughs. the story is short, very short, so i guess it makes sense that they were lazy and decided to make a game with Zombies and J'avo's (poor rip offs of your own mijini's and los ganados) being created with the C-virus. Oh wait i just remembered the ripoffs of left 4 dead monsters as the zombies mutations. In my opinion the games are getting lazier and lazier in their storytelling. It used to be puzzles and special items to defeat unique bosses. And if you didnt have a special poison for a plant mutation of something, you got the "you are dead" screen, until you actually figured out what to do. This whole holding your hand throughout the game, and dropping the entire story without doing any sort of special digging. Go back to survival horror capcom, and try to actually incorporate any newer releases with your classic survival horror feel. Not saying go back completely, just try to evolve the old feelings of the games into a modern game. Not turning into a shoot, smash, grab, and run game. Expand
  19. Oct 7, 2012
    I was excited for RE6, and it really let me down. It's way better than 5, but that's not saying too much. Leon's campaign was by far the best, but it failed to capture everything I loved about RE4. Overall I feel like the main problem is RE is stuck in the middle of two genres. It's trying to push toward being an action game, but still hangs on to some of its survival horror roots. This just ends up being a disaster. I found a lot in Chris' campaign that I'd be faced with a ton of enemies, but ammo would be far too scarce for an action game.
    The story was heading in the right direction, but the endings left me dissatisfied. Overall the game was filled with problems: repetitive boss fights, low ammo, too many QTEs, and a few ridiculous story scenes. But that doesn't mean it isn't totally worth passing by. My recommendation: if you liked RE 4 and/or 5, play through the story with infinite ammo on, and just have some mindless fun and see the story, then finish up with some mercenaries. Otherwise, if you we're hoping for a survival horror game, just pass it by, and hope that Capcom learns from its mistakes.
  20. Oct 7, 2012
    All ive got to say is that this is probably one of the most dissopinting games in video game history.This game is pretty much a wannabe left 4 dead.Remember the old resident evils where it was a total pain in the butt to find things you needed to shoot and stuff.This is pretty much a left 4 dead but lfd was meant to be a type of run an gun game but resident evil was meant to be a survival horror.If you bought it and finshed it you better go get your money back and save it for borderlands or something. Expand
  21. Oct 7, 2012
    I really liked this game, with the exception of the overused QTE's each campaign has a different play style. and caters for different types of players. Merc mode is amazing, especially the music. Leon's campaign is especially good, it brings back the Zombies which haven't been seen since Code Veronica, and they can also use guns and armor which means you have to mix up the tactics to take them out, instead of just popping them in the head.

Pulling off special moves is very satisfying, especially Chris' as he can lift up and J'avo and throw them to the ground. Getting back to what I don't like, is the QTE's. I think they are way overused in this game, and in some cases especially near the end of Leon's campaign the QTE doesn't seem to register that I pressed the right button at the right time.

There were also several moments where you have to run from things, and these are also way overused, there is at least one section in each campaign (Minus the prelude) where you have to do an indina jones style run away.

Is this a bad game? No it's not, and it's a shame that the people who have it a Zero are just CoD/Gears Fanboys.

This game is a solid action game, it has some elements to it, and I am happy that most of the un-needed puzzles from past RE games are not present.

Another thing I do not like is that each campaign (Apart from Chris') just starts. Take Leon's campaign, how did the president end up being infected in the first place? In fact how did the whole thing start? The story is all over the place, but once you get the jist of it you'll understand.

As I said this is not a bad game, it's a decent action title, but I don't think it should have been part of the main series. It probably would have been better as a spin off like ORC was.
  22. Oct 7, 2012
    I'm begging you. Just give me a true sequel to Resident Evil 4 (one of my favorite games ever).

A resident evil game will always be compared against the pinical of the franchise. With a bar set so high, is Capcom too intimidated to make another game truly in the same genre? Why else would their games continually stray further from what their fans want?
  23. Oct 7, 2012
    Resident evil 6 is pretty good! I give it a 10 because its got me hooked. It's fun. Faster paced than the previous Resident evils ( it lets you shoot while walking!). Action is cinematic with a Michael bay flair. I want to play this game and see all the story lines. I think capcom is trying to give us something more exciting to maybe satisfy the "call of duty" fans and try to bring new fans. Instead they pissed everybody off! People perhaps still want re1,2,or3? Re4 was good at the time it came out. Re5 felt like more of the same. Re6 in my opinion is good because it offers me something more streamlined. I don't really have time any more to search through mazes and puzzles. There's really not that many QTE like everyone is saying. It's only in the beginning, just trying to grab your attention. Not challenging? I guess try it on the hardest setting. More puzzles ? Try Ada's quest. You can play this game any way you want. Slow and search every corner or run and gun. Not scary enough? Jeez, whats scary now a days? people are filming accident scenes with their cell phones and putting videos on the internet with people getting decapitated! that's scary! Go watch those videos, nothing will scare you then. Give some slack to Capcom. Re6 is loads of fun and my kids like watching and even playing it too. I think people are too hard on this game. Don't believe the 0 ratings. These guys may have only played the first chapter and that's it probably. What did people expect from RE in this day and age where shooters are king and multiplayer has become the number one priority over single player mode. Give capcom more credit, there's some fun things in here: big action, co op team play, agent hunt mode shenanigans and hot babes with cleavage! I'm having a great time! I thought I wasn't going to like this game because I didn't care too much for re5, but I was pleasantly surprised. Expand
  24. Oct 7, 2012
    More joystick waggle than a loose wrist with a Wiimote. I was surprised that the final boss wasn't the in-game camera, but maybe they're saving that for the next lackluster sequel.
  25. Oct 7, 2012
    Oh, the people these days. Let's say they all are wrong. It all seems like people complaining about controls have their hands growing on their feet, the graphics haters are blind, and the bored just didn't play this. This one is awesome! C'mon people, get rid of your suffering about mechanic change. Action does fit RE. IF we kept walking the mansions for all this time, wouldn't we complain that they change nothing? I personnally think this is an exceptional action game, and, perhaps, one of GOTYs. It's Resident Evil's best game ever since. It's action sequences are good to no end, packing in difficulty, blasts and fast-paced gameplay. Of course, it's nothing like the first four REs, but still, as game of 2012, it's perfect. Expand
  26. Oct 7, 2012
    If Your Asking my opinion I would say the game is a must get for die hard RE fans if you have played the series since RE 1 2 or3 when went to the modern versions like 4,5 and 6 you will understand the story you will not rage the game because of advanced controllers also the camera angle won't bother you at all I know it didn't bother me. The game has 3 different stories and 1 unlock able story with Ada Wong.Now to list the good and bad and maybe things lets start with the bad.
    1.Puzzles are too easy requires no thinking.
    2.Should of used different Bosses but you fight the same boss about 2 times.
    3.Theres no huge Antagonist just a crazy scientists. Mabey thing
    1.Controls( going to the newbie's)
    2.Also camera angle( just for the newbie's)
    Good Thing
    1.Action Packed not one moment where you don't have zombies or any thong behind ready to care the loving s**t out of you.
    2.Co-Op is incredible if you play with someone that's good at the game or at least knows what he's doing or else your just going to be trying to revive him every 10 seconds.
    3.Voice acting is also really really good and the cinematic cutscenes make it feel like a movie you can play. 4.Free mele attack instead of shooting it in the knee or head and then wait for the button to appear instead with just the trigger button you can smash there heads .or roundhouse then like Chuck Norris.
    5.Quick shots are really good.Packs on hell of a punch and look effin badass.

Just for me 1.Finally brought my all time favorite character in gaming Leon.S.Kennedy and he's more badass then ever. So in my Review of Resident Evil 6 I give it a 8.9 out of 10.8.9 because it still needs improvement on changing bosses I mean I don't want to fight the same bosses over again and because of it easy puzzles it gives no challenge but over all this is a must get game I enjoyed every minute of it know you should to.Therea alot more to talk about but I can't without spoiling it so just buy it rent it borrow it steal it(not that you would)but try what you can to play it because you will enjoy it like I did.

Played it on Xbox 360 and I enjoyed it I don't know if the same applies for ps3 bit to me Resident Evil 6 made 2 huge steps forward for the franchise and im loving it. every minute of it.

Thats my review and please give me feedback if it made sense or made you think twice about or if you thought I was totally wrong and i need to get a punch to the face message me or tell me on Facebook Ernesto Plascencia im the guy with a white long-sleeved shirt.Or email me titoplascencia08@yahoo.com
  27. Oct 7, 2012
    Let's get one thing straight, this game is not perfect, but it is DAMN good. Real quick, why don't we go back to Res 5. It got great reviews, people praised the co-op and visual style as well as the action, though the one thing people wanted more of was diversity. A different atmosphere, different characters, more story arch, something. Capcom listened. They took the excellent gameplay people loved from 4, 5 and Revelations and added a metric **** ton of content to it. Four full campaigns each of which drawing from a different Res game for inspiration, more guns, more characters including beloved returning favorites, varied mission structure, etc. On top of this they added the ability to move and shoot (from Revelations) and to dodge while shooting, a huge improvement from 5. So why all the hate? People consider 4 one of the greatest games ever conceived, loved 5 for its high octane co-op experience and loved Revelations for the new setting and the return of Jill. Res 6 is more of what those games offered, much more in fact. Twice as long with a slew of unlockables (and tons of replay value despite what the liars on here say), amazing visuals and all the action from previous titles. So why all the hate? I'll tell you why. Mass Effect 3. What? What does that have to do with it? Everything. You see since the community **** and cried and whined enough to get the endings to Mass Effect 3 altered, now they think they can **** and whine on every game until Capcom does what they want. Not going to happen. You see that only works when you're not hypocrites. Seriously, pull up the reviews. Res 4- 96 and 9.6.. Res 5- 83 and 7.5.. Res: Rev- 82 and 8.5. See, you can't love a style of gameplay and then bash it later on. The gameplay HAS NOT CHANGED (aside from control enhancements) since 2005. If anything people should be complaining that it's still the same (the same that they loved by the way) and hasn't changed, not that it's become something different, because it hasn't and honestly, if you don't like the gameplay, you have yourself to blame for loving three games in a row and showing Capcom that this is the style you want. Like I said... Hypocrites. The game has its faults, the camera can shift to forced perspective (something those of us that loved Res back in the ps1 heyday remember being a pain in the ass), the difficulty is a little uneven, the A.I. partner has a bit of ADD and the game relies a lot on QTE. These faults stop it from being perfect, but I have yet play a single perfect game in my 27 years. Is it scary? No, but these games have never been scary. They all provide the occasional jump scare with some tense action/chase scenes, like OH NO JILL, A GIANT SNAKE AND YOU HAVE NO ACID ROUNDS!! or HOLY **** LEON GET BACK IN THE DAMN BOAT!! These moments are what define the franchise, and Res 6 has these in spades. Buy with confidence, ignore the hate from false fans and whiners. Expand
  28. Oct 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Complete rubbish and 30+ plus hours I'lll never get back, resident evil 6 it a testament to NOT what to do when making video games regardless of genre or pedigree. Clunky controls and more quick time events than human beings on this earth, the convoluted story and broken gameplay mechanics make 2006's Sonic the hedgehog look like sega knew what they were actually doing. This title my friends represents the DOWNFALL of the gaming industry and any quality associated with it. Positives would be you could burn this disc in a pile for heat during those cold winter months. Expand
  29. Oct 6, 2012
    Is the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offer completely different gameplay styles. We have Agent Hunt mode, mercenaries, co-op (up to four players) along with the standard changes to game mechanics, graphics and story. When you throw it all together, you end up with a game that bit off more than it could chew. Agent Hunt mode is generally short and unsatisfying. The four player coop depends on almost astronomical odds to actually happen. The four campaigns offer varying degrees of success. With all that being said, I still find myself enjoying the game. It offers one of the best story lines in the series, the computer AI has been improved from Resident Evil 5, and the gunplay is still very solid. The new character customization system offers players the chance to specialize in some unique and diverse ways. If you are looking for scary, the newest iteration will probably disappoint, but Resident Evil 5 wasn't that scary either. If you are looking for another standard Resident Evil game, you may not like it. RE6 takes a lot of risks, and doesn't necessarily get back an equal amount of reward. However, it is still a strong title and it makes me very excited for the future of this series. Expand
  30. Oct 6, 2012
    10 Hours played so far and I can say that i'm not disapointed. I can understand all the frustration behind this game but I don't understand the overtroll comments on it. Geez .. it's not RE2 yeah but can people understand that at that time games capacity were limited due to the consoles... control and static graphics were the most scary parts, those games were good and still good but now outdated for the new generation of gaming. I agree with Capcom's idea to put the serie to a new direction of length, action and intensity, yeah it's less scary and maybe less story oriented but it is worth the full price with that and they focus on the replayability. The AI and graphics glitch can be frustrating at times but trust me it is a good games that worth the full price there were a lot of people working on it for a long time and it shows up 8 out of 10 for me. Expand
  31. Oct 6, 2012
    love it, all these zero's are atrocious, if your looking for re4 this isnt it get over it, so stop crying because you want another version of an old game, capcom wants to tap into a new market and some of us love it
  32. Oct 6, 2012
    One of the worst game I ever played, I could play even 15 minutes... ruined good series
    I will never ever ever buy game published by Capcom. Worst money I spend.
  33. Oct 6, 2012
    It gets a ten really only to balance out the unwarranted super-bombing in the game. It's far from a great game and not the best in the series by a long shot. It's riddled with a few technical problems and annoyances- but nothing that makes it unplayable. The story is... well, typical of Resident Evil. Which, no matter what anyone says, has always been questionable and even oft times silly. Since the first game. So you get the same ol', same ol' there. Chris' campaign is unsurprisingly weak while Leon's is worth the play through for nearly every step. Over all though, it's a pretty damn fun co-op experience. Playing it alone is a waste of your time, but with a good friend? You'll get at least some hours of enjoyment for your money. It's at least a recommended rent. I might suggest buying it, but I'd wait for a better deal; half the current price maybe.

Honestly, if you liked RE4 and RE5, you'll at least find some things in this game to like enough for continued play. If you're more of a fan of the classic Resident Evil games, well... you're out of luck. But you've been out of luck for half a decade now, so you shouldn't even be bothering at this point, should you?

In all, a mediocre to slightly good game. It won't bring you anything truly unique and new to enjoy (except far better controls than RE4/5 with much more options on what you can do) and doesn't really ADD to the series in any meaningful way. But it also doesn't really bring anything disappointing- it's far from the let down disaster of other games released this year (at least Capcom didn't pull an EA/BioWare on you).
  34. Oct 6, 2012
    First of all the new instalment of RE franchise is no longer the survival horror game - in fact the last RE with some horror atmosphere was the innovative RE4, whereas the fifth part of the series was already an action/co-op game. The latest RE has deepen this path. That is why it is totally understandable, that the people who were looking forward for slow/survival climate here, are disappointed and a lot will hate this game. On the other side I would recommend the new RE to all fans which felt with love with Resident after the 4th/5th instalments, as the new part has everything what a modern action TPS game should have - superb visuals, solid controls (which are as smoothly as never before in the franchise), back grounded by nice storytelling. There has been a lot of criticizm about annoying QTEs in this game - in fact it depends on your gameplay style, you can minimize these while keeping the distance from your foes (if you are a sharp shooter) / even though the QTEs are easy to handle for any gamer skilled with the pad (personally Ive enjoyed them); Overall as an action game with some horror background this game is definitely worth a 8.5/9.0 score, whereas due to many trolled scores, I am giving 10; Expand
  35. Oct 6, 2012
    Where to start!?
    This is one of the worst game I have ever played!
    I'm a big RE fan and have played all RE games. All the aspects are so bad! I have finished Leon and almost Chris.
    Don't buy this game, specially if You are a RE fan.
  36. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I
    played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  37. Oct 6, 2012
    Olviden que este título nos trae el terror, horror, puzzles y muchas otras cosas que prometió Capcom para esta entrega. Resident Evil 6 sigue el camino que Mikami arrojó en RE4, pero con una ejecución que deja mucho que desear.

Ahora solo corremos por un pasillo con puntos de auto-guardado, 0 exploración, con puzzles simplones, que solo están
    puestos en el juego para poder llevar el nombre de Resident Evil y recordarnos que alguna vez esta serie nos dejó pegados durante días frente al televisor, tratando de pasar por un lugar.

Un juego que, si no hubiese sido por la opción de jugar en cooperativo, seguramente hubiese mandado de inmediato al carajo, en serio
  38. Oct 5, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is by far perfect, but it's not terrible. I've been reading all of these 0 reviews, and it's really hilarious how most of them are just near copy-paste of the same rage over....adaption? Resident Evil came out in 1996 and it put a new aspect on Survival Horror, and everyone loved it or didn't care for it. Games kept coming out and Capcom kept a similar theme in it...until pretty much Resident Evil 4. It's praised as one of the best RE games in the franchise, yet...wasn't it more action heavy than its predecessors? Sure, it still kept a strong grasp on survival horror, but it was way more action than people thought, and people loved it. RE5 was obviously pulling towards action and of course introduced co-op, and to be honest, I loved it. I loved being able to team up with a friend in the game. I didn't care about the scare factor, I never do. I care more about the gameplay, and it was fine. Now comes RE6 and everyone's flipping their **** over what was pretty much in RE5 but expanded, PLUS trying to add back what was in the previous Resident Evil games. Leon's story is a call-back to the roots of Resident Evil and I love that. Sure, Chris's story feels kind of like Call of Duty, and I really disagree with that decision, but at least it isn't mundane like Call of Duty. Jake's story feels like they tried to combine RE4 and 5, and I felt like it worked. The co-op works perfectly fine. The gameplay is fine.

My ONLY problem is how the casualised it, mainly through the inventory system. They decided to create 2 separate inventories; 1 for your weapons and 1 for...well everything else. This makes the inventory a lot bigger than it's ever been, and I just don't like that. I mean sure I don't have to try and fumble around with trying to place 2 weapons, four boxes of ammo, and some HP items in a small inventory anymore, but that's something I liked. I loved having to make that decision of what I could and couldn't carry. Now...I can practically carry anything. The whole health tabs thing also bothers me, because once you get an herb/2 herbs/R+G herbs, you just turn those into tablets and...well that's just more inventory space. I don't like the idea of dumbing it down, but it had to happen.

Capcom has to adapt to the changing market and the market today is casual based. You can't tell me you expected Capcom to keep the same formula for 16 years right? You have to change in a market like this. If you don't like it, well then too bad. Unfortunately, if Capcom's newest addition to the Resident Evil franchise is going to get bombed into the ground this hard, who knows what the future for the Resident Evil franchise will go. Either Capcom will change it even more and piss everyone off or do the worst thing: cancel the series. It's sad to even think of that happening, but if the so-called fans are going to flip their **** out over something that's been extremely prevalent in its past couple of games, then the franchise is going somewhere I don't want to see.
  39. Oct 5, 2012
    Another fine example of a terrible entry in a terrible franchise kept alive by more mature casual players and fanboys who liked it when they were young and refuse to see the mess of a game that it is. The dialogue is horrible, hammy, and badly acted, the gameplay is sub-par for modern third person action games, and the only reason any gamer will like it is because they are stuck in the past. The only positives I can mention are that the game actually boots when you put it in your system, and that the co-op isn't a complete lag fest. Expand
  40. Oct 5, 2012
    Resident Evil is a series that has seen a lot of changes over the years and has caught a ton of flak for making said changes. However, the fact that I see more than 2,500 negative reviews, most of which are 0's, for this Grade A title basically assures me that the majority of users posting scores haven't actually played the game and are being horribly blinded by the goggles of nostalgia.

This game is not survival horror, and it shouldn't have been truly expected to be so. There has been much footage of it and even two demos before its release, and it has always been leaning towards being an action title. However, as an action title it succeeds on every level. Capitalizing on Resident Evil's strongest points, the characters and plot, Capcom have crafted an enticing story to play through with excellent mechanics and interesting enemies. Several memorable set-pieces dot the campaigns as well as fantastic cut-scenes, not to mention the best voice acting the series has ever seen. As far as gameplay is concerned, the series has finally evolved to be competitive with modern third-person shooters by enabling walking and shooting as well as the ability to melee at will, but evolves beyond all other shooters with mechanics that are fresh on the gaming market. Sliding, spinning and shooting aren't necessary for the most part, but their inclusion is still innovative and positive all the same, and the controls, despite being hounded for being clunky, are actually intuitive and easy to learn.

Not all is good with the game, however. There are numerous vehicle segments, and only a couple of them are anything less than an abysmal wreck, with frequent moments of instantly dying due to something you couldn't have seen coming. Quick-Time Events (QTE's) are also numerous in this title, and though they're a nuisance they are also necessary. Unlocking a door via 'hacking' wouldn't be very tense if all you did was press a button once, so they are usually for necessity of tension and keeping you in the action as opposed to leaving the player to lackadaisically perform actions. However, if you don't like QTE's, you're going to want to play on Amateur, where they are automatically performed for you. The biggest flaw in the game outright, however, is the number of moments in which you can be instantaneously killed by something with no warning, such as a vehicle ramming into you out of nowhere or a bridge falling out from under you due to not running quite fast enough.

With the flaws taken into account, it's still a fantastic game which offers a ton of value. All of the campaigns will take roughly 22 hours to complete, and playing through some of the moments again just for the 'intersecting co-op' can be fun. Mercenaries mode returns as well to offer extra game time, though it is extraordinarily miffing that two of the six maps are unattainable at the start simply because they were pre-order bonuses specific to certain stores. Agent Hunt, which allows you to become a creature in a player's campaign and attempt to slay them, is an interesting addition that, while it probably won't be the most popular mode, is still a fun diversion all the same. Taking all things into account, the game deserves an 8 out of 10. However, due to the sheer number of banal '0' reviews, it gets a 10 to help it out.
  41. Oct 5, 2012
    This game is really fun. Most fun I've had in awhile and I play many games. I'm very happy that I have ignored all the bad and poorly substantiated reviews. The game is not like its previous counterparts and this many reviewers basis for not liking it. I am a huge fan of Resident Evil 4 and although I would love to play another game like it, I am not going to hate RE6 for being different. RE6 is like playing through an action packed zombie movie and I really dig the high production value. There are still many classic elements in the game that make it really feel like Resident Evil. I love it! Expand
  42. Oct 5, 2012
    Holy cows, this is pretty bad stuff, it's not even a good ACTION game, it's full of technical problems, the camera is awful and the cover system is broken. Surely a strong candidate for worst game of 2012.
  43. Oct 5, 2012
    This is the first time I've given the Resident Evil series a try in a long time, and I was overwhelmingly disappointed. It was like I was playing a FEAR game. Where are the zombies? People with sores on their bodies that mutate and turn into monstrosities and wield firearms and swords are not zombies. I'm glad I didn't waste the money buying this crock.
  44. Oct 5, 2012
    This is without a doubt the most disappointing game of 2012 I played Leon´s campaign and it was fine, the zombies are back, you see chaos around the city, and some of the environments are dark and lonely but the rest of the games it sucks. Chris campaign is horrible the enemies in his campaign are mutated SOLDIERS..... WHAT?! the literally turned RE into a mediocre version of Ghost Recon with mutated soldiers that carry around machineguns and sniper rifle that campaign. is so boring and so repetitive it´s not even worth to play it for 5 minutes. Jake campaign does nothing special the enemies are the same mutated soldiers that appear in Chris campaign. This game was supposed to be the biggest RE of all but instead it turned out to be disappointing the only 2 good things about RE6 is Leon campaign and the mercenaries mode with zombies. If you want to play a good RE game that combines perfectly action and horror get RE, hell even RE revelations is better than this. Expand
  45. Oct 5, 2012
    I'll begin my saying yes I am a diehard fan, and yes I am overall disappointed with this game as I felt Capcom should stop trying to attract the attention of the 3rd person shooter market where it has stiff competition with the likes of Gears of War and to be honest, it isnt going to better them. Instead it should be staying true to real fans of the series who are the reason it is such a successful franchise. That being said I think this game is getting a very undeserved bad rap. On the whole, this game isnt bad. I was so worried after playing the demo that I almost didnt buy the game, but perhaps it was because of such low expectations that I found myself pleasantly surprised when I launched Leon's campaign. While technically not horror, this is as close as we have been for some time. Locations are dark, atmospheric and dank. Lighting is used to excellent effect, especially at one point when you find yourself in an underground tube station. Also the primary enemy here is zombies, and lots of them. I thought after playing the demo that melee combat was cheesy but Ive actually grown fond of it. Some of the finishing moves you can use to down zombies are especially satisfying, particularly one involving a broken glass bottle.

Granted as many people have said, the game is filled with annoying QTE's, awkward camera shifts and moment of just pure stupidity when the game decides that unless you are psychic, you are going to die. These marr the game somewhat, but I have been able to overlook them for the most part. The story crossovers, although having only seen one involving Sherry and Leon, are interesting to say the least, and it was particularly nostalgic to witness the chemistry between the two carrying over from RE2.

As I havent played any of the other scenarios, and considering what I have read about Chris', I dont really want to, I wont talk any further. Other than to say this game is nowhere near as bad people make out, but also not what i hoped it would be.

On another note, Nichtswisser is a total idiot. He mentions that this game is a poor mans CoD but if he had played CoD2 or 4 he would know that today's CoD is itself a poor man's CoD....or an uneducated mans Battlefield. He also states that this game steals ideas from RE6...but you only have to go back to 2006 when the original GoW borrowed heavily from the fantastic RE4, and I use the term borrowed not stolen because the developers at Epic even acknowledged RE4 as a huge inspiration for their game. Also, how many metaphors does a review need?

I will finish saying only this: BRING CLARE REDFIELD BACK FFS!
  46. Oct 5, 2012
    the best resident evil ever,and ive played them all,ok its not perfect,but what game is?.the funny thing is that ive noticed is that a lot of the the 0 out of 10 scores were given by people on the day the game came out? funny that? u cant tell me they played the whole game all the way through in one day,if they did they must of enjoyed it to complete it in one day?
  47. Oct 5, 2012
    Sigh...If you check those new reviewers who give RE6 a 10 at Oct. 5 named : RedLord, Jesus_Drake, Moongle Fan, Brazilian_Fan, Bono_Box, and Lopez_Show2. You will find out all 6 of them give the same score for same game on both game console. Then you get somebody named like triumphant 444 and triumphant 222. These reviews can only make RE6 looks good but can't fix RE6's problems on camera, menu, unbalanced combat system and too much QTEs. Yes, the game is kind of fun on the story line but you get to feel that pleasure after 20 hours. And before that, it's bad design is really annoying and you can see the factors from other action games, which can't make you feel excited to play this game Expand
  48. Oct 5, 2012
    unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Expand
  49. Oct 5, 2012
    People on here are dicks. Amazing controls and a great counter system. It's like Gears of War meets Assassin's Creed. Still haven't beat it, but that is because it has 4 completely different, very long campaigns on them. A great game but if you're not familiar with the Resident Evil storyline, you will be lost in the story. As always, Resident Evil delivers again.
  50. Oct 5, 2012
    "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million Expand
  51. Oct 5, 2012
  52. Oct 5, 2012
  53. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom has for many years used its multi-platform strategy of developing titles across many game platforms to make its brands even more popular. In addition, Capcom uses the Single content multiple usage strategy to maximize the value of its content. By continuing to use these approaches, Capcom is determined to provide a diverse spectrum of game players worldwide with games that meet their highest expectations. Expand
  54. Oct 5, 2012
    There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million, the highest ever for a Capcom game. Expand
  55. Oct 5, 2012
    "Resident Evil 6" takes the series to the next step with graphics that deliver even greater realism and power. The game features dramatic stories that bring together for the first time two major characters of the series: "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment.
  56. Oct 5, 2012

"Resident Evil" is a series of survival-horror games in which players use weapons and other items in order to escape from zombies. One of Capcom's best-known game series, "Resident Evil" has recorded cumulative sales of more than 50 million units* since the first title was released in 1996.
    These sales figures demonstrate that "Resident Evil" is just as popular today as it was 15 years ago when the first title made its debut. Expand
  57. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that worldwide initial shipments of "Resident Evil 6", the latest addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, for "PlayStation® 3" and Xbox 360® have surpassed 4.5 million.

58. Oct 5, 2012
    Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Ada. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario.
  59. Oct 5, 2012
    Best Action Game of the year. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario. Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Leon.
  60. Oct 4, 2012
    if you like re6, then you should be ashamed of yourself. i'll quickly list the issues with this game. dated, messy inventory. abundance of cheap deaths out of nowhere ( jake ski ) horribly implemented cover system disgusting inaccurate hit detection more of an movie than game because of over abundence of QTEs terrible AI that is comparable to ORC bland, uninspired level design

terrible camera that has even given people motion sickness

clunky, unpolished controls

incoherent focus of game design ( it's either uncharted, gears of war. or heavy rain )

incoherent story that quite frankle loses focus
  61. Oct 4, 2012
    I agree with the other guy, not a 10 but its fun as hell. Most of you aren't old enough to remember how bad the original RE games really were. The controls were the scariest part of the experience. If this wasn't an RE game it would have received high praise from critics. Stop being a bunch of whiny, sensitive, jaded and over privileged fanboys. I started with a Pong machine for crying out loud. We have a great zombie game to play. Shut up and play it. Or don't. Just stop complaining. 9 out of 10. Suck it fanboy. Expand
  62. Oct 4, 2012
    As an action game, RE6 is a solid shooter with some pretty stellar moments. As a Resident Evil game...it's pretty awful. It's by no means a bad game per se, but the series is beginning to show it's age. Which is really a shame.
  63. Oct 4, 2012
    Most complaints i see about this game deal with the fact that the genre shifts from horror to action, which I can agree with. That in itself shouldn't reflect on the score of the game, however I myself enjoy a good action game and I wasn't incredibly impressed. The new melee components are fairly sloppy and the save system is irritating. Every partner I've played with quit on me because they got bored, so I was forced to start over from the beginning of the chapter. This leads me to conclude that the co-op isn't as enjoyable as Resident Evil 5's. That said, they did a respectable job with the amount of content in the campaign as well as differentiating the types of enemies in game (although some of them seemed like something from left 4 dead). I may have given this game a better than average score, but I am legitimately disappointed. Expand
  64. Oct 4, 2012
    Skip to last line if you want my opinion in a summarized form. Don't listen to other reviews from RE fan-boys saying that this is nothing like the others... it sux='(. The truth is this game is different than the others, but it isn't bad. "It is not scary"- truthfully none of the RE series is, they are creepy at points,but in Leon's campaign there are creepy points also. Also what is the problem with change, isn't that why Obama was voted president in the US? COD fan-boys **** how MW3 was no different than MW2, Infinity Ward needed change. RE6 has 3 campaigns to start with, leon- horror styled campaign, Chris- third person shooter, and Jake- I truly have no idea, bad ass mofo, maybe???? And a surprise campaign... but don't tell anyone, ssssshhhhhhhh. I say the game is worthwhile, but if you are feeling edgy about buying it now wait till the price drops, it is a fun game, but the community sucks. The camera is a little sketchy, but you can get used to it. I love different types of games, I am an adventurous type of person, shooters like COD/Battlefield, Horror like RE and Silent Hill, open world games like GTA and Saints Row, other genres like LA Noir and Red dead redemption. Oh my God, I played games that compete against each other, but I found them all to be fun, except MW3. Like I read in another review, people rate 0 because of the "Glory Daze," from the older Resident Evils, yes the others were amazing games, but because this one is different doesn't mean it sucks. It is sort of like racism for a game, it also reminds me of Frankenstein, strange "monster" in a town that goes crazy when they see him. I am a gigantic RE fan, since the first Resident Evil, and i approve this message=D. And sorry about the super long review... I talk a lot=). It's a great game and I recommend it, it has a few problems, but what game doesn't? Expand
  65. Oct 4, 2012
    So...Resident Evil 4 and 5 get good scores and this one doesn't? It does everything better than RE4/5!?
    What i see here is a simple case of fans hating on this game for not being survival horror, they aren't actually rating the game itself which i think is very harmful and degrading to the developers and is very unfair. I happen to like the changes in the RE series, they are freaking
    agents they should know how to defend themselves adequetly and im sure Leon would be expert at that by now considering hes been dealing with outbreaks his whole life now...but besides that i enjoy this game a lot. There are few frustrating bugs and issues but what game today doesnt have that. It really upsets me though to see so many people making bad reviews that actually arent even about the game itself...shouldnt be that way. Expand
  66. Oct 4, 2012
    All those low scores are made by fans who are nostalgic. Im really shocked about the low scores that this game is having! A lot of people are complaining that its not a survival horror anymore, yet they gave RE4 and RE5 a great score! dont get me wrong RE4 is one of my favorites with RE2. The problem is that these haters dont realize that CAPCOM has moved on. A lot of so called gamers are saying that this is the worst RE game of all time, but they gave RE4 and RE5 a great score and even RE operation racoon city had a better score! what the hell? And i've played all the RE games, since 1997. Expand
  67. Oct 4, 2012
    The fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vs Capcom. All of it. I've been a fan of Capcom for like, 20 years ever since I was a little kid with my NES and SNES. As somebody who is actually playing this game and giving it a real chance, there are no words. Resident Evil fans are delusional. It has NEVER been the scariest game series out there, all it ever did was help make the style popular. The Resident Evil series has working its way toward this for a decade. Resident Evil has been gradually more and more similar to a blockbuster action movie ever since the second game. You people honestly think starting the game by crashing a car into a giant fire pit is frightening? You think the gigantic bosses, rocket launchers and explosions are the sign of a game that's trying to frighten you? Resident Evil would have gone this way sooner if technology had allowed it. Capcom tried to make a pure action game with Dino Crisis 2. They quickly learned the PS1 wasn't capable of it and kept making traditional Resident Evil games. As soon as the PS2 came out one of the first games the company released was Devil May Cry. That game was ORIGINALLY going to be Resident Evil 4, but became its own series. After that we got Resident Evil 4 as we know it today, and it's an action game. Fans need to stop crying and believing they're being betrayed. If you want a "true" Resident Evil experience the only one that exists is the original from 1996. This is a solid and extremely long action game with amazing graphics, cool environments and decent 3rd person shooting gameplay. It's also one of the only decent games out there that allows 2 player split screen, and there will be a lot of people who love it for the sake of being able to play with their friends. I'm only sad that the Resident Evil series doesn't feature any kind of puzzles anymore, but I'm also smart enough to realize that if I want that I have the older games to play. I still play the original from time to time. I know how to appreciate what I already have. I'd give this game a 7 out of 10 myself. Because I can use my brain. Thank you. Expand
  68. Oct 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All these negative reviews are all trolls or idiots that only play Call of Duty games. These bad reviewers are not true fans of the Resident Evil series because they can't accept change and always compare the newer games to the original which is preposterous since games will always progress. The plot line in Resident Evil 6 is SUPERB. Having the game split into 4 separate campaigns is genius and allows and interesting flow of events to unfold and have different points of view on how things unfold. People are comparing the action of the game to Call of Duty and saying there's no horror in this game, that is complete BS! Capcom brought back horror in this game in that, they brought back the darkness. I don't know about the rest of these 12 year olds who have the light setting in there game very high, but me and my buddy played it at a nice low level where it's meant to be at. The large amount of zombies and monsters in this game was awesome and really had me and my friend at the edge of our seat. The action outside the cathedral, and inside was terrific and exciting and very tense. Capcom did a very good job of bringing tension back to the game like they had in Resident Evil 4. Sure there's somethings I didn't really like about Resident Evil 6 like the skill point system instead of a money system. It's something new, though, and I'm not some sap who can't accept change so I went along with the flow of things. Anyone who's not an idiot and can enjoy a well written and directed game and that's a fan of the Resident Evil series, get this game. The character and story progression is great. Expand
  69. Oct 4, 2012
    First - few words to site admins. Scoring scale should be from 1 to 10, not 0. Why? The answer is simple - mathematics! With 72 positive reviews and 69 negatives, user score is close to 0,7. Totally bullsh*t. Second - don't read the "zero morons" comments. They didn't see the whole game. It isn't classic Resident Evil, but have you tried playing the first or second RE today? It's impossible. RE6 is smooth, modern, full of action and classic zombie bullsh*t, but is a very good game. Far better than RE5. So hersheygames (you're first on the list) - you're not so smart ! Try to create games like RE6, Dragon's Dogma, Mass Effect 3 or Modern Warfare 3 by yourself. You can't? Dragon's Dogma is bad, because you're Dark Souls fanboy! So btch please! Expand
  70. Oct 4, 2012
    Most disappointing Resident Evil game in the series. Good graphics, enjoyable co op, bad Chris and Jake campaign, lack of horror (game made me laugh when I saw zombies with guns and CoD gameplay mechanics). Average game - definitely worse than Resident Evil 4 and 5. Not worth 59 $ in my opinion. Wait for the price cut!!!
  71. Oct 4, 2012
    The one redeeming quality... was that this came with Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica. This was absolutely terrible, and other than the character names, really had nothing to do with the Resident Evil franchise.
  72. Oct 4, 2012
    An overall entertaining game, 6 improves on several things from the old games (like the controls), but is ultimately flawed. The aforementioned controls, for instance, would work brilliantly if this were an actual survival horror game and not an action game, where they're inferior to more standard controls. The co-op is brilliant, allowing multiple players to see battles from completely different perspectives, and Agent Hunt is a welcome addition. There's over 30 hours of campaign, Mercenaries, and several different multiplayer game modes to keep gamers playing for hours.
    Overall, it's a weak game compared to its predecessors, but it stands out in comparison to most modern action shooters; some elements of the game should remain in the inevitable future titles, but they should reserve the hyper-actionized gameplay for spin-offs. Those looking for an enjoyable hardcore romp will enjoy this game; those looking for survival horror would be better off investing in recent 3DS game Resident Evil: Revelations, or Ubisoft's upcoming game ZombiU.

(Deserves a 7/10, but I'm giving it 10/10 to try and offset all the 0/10-rating multi-accounters who've never played the game and don't intend to)
  73. Oct 4, 2012
    If you liked RE5 then you will love it. This game is awesome and even better when played with a friend! The reviews have been way too harsh. Do what I did. IGNORE THEM and have all out mutant zombie killing fun!
  74. Oct 4, 2012
    Annoying camera, delayed controls. Sometimes FPS has drop to uncomfortable low. Gameplay make me feel i got trolled by developers. I don't care the game not look like classic RE successor, I actually was waiting for good action in RE-universe. But unfortunately is not even a good action. Disappointment.
  75. Oct 4, 2012
    Is it a perfect game? Absolutely not. This is not a 10 in my opinion. That being said, I am having a great time playing RE6. The problem with reviews is that they don't always speak to you find favorable in a game. I almost didn't get this game because of the bad reviews, but the more positive reviews (not the 10's, though) tended to speak to what I find enjoyable.

People are right.
    This isn't a survival horror game at its heart. Maybe I enjoy it more because I haven't been a life long fan of Resident Evil, so I didn't come in with a preconceived notion of what this game SHOULD be. There are too many quick time events and often require more speed than my feeble thumbs can muster. The camera angles frequently force you to look at something when you want to be looking at the zombie bearing down on you. Cinematics can be jarringly frequent, which can disrupt the flow of the game.

On the other side of the coin, the visuals are well done. The quality of cinematics are solid. The animations are decent and there is an overall great polish to the visual quality. The audio quality is similarly excellent. The voice acting is on point, the overall sound effects are top notch, and there is a great ambiance persistent throughout the game. The controls aren't perfect, but they are manageable. I certainly can appreciate the greater mobility of the characters movements, like being able to move while aiming. That is a break from tradition, but sometimes you need to move forward to stay relevant. What really pushes me to give this game a more positive score is that I have fun with the game. At the end of the day, that is what is most important and is why we play games in the first place. My overall enjoyment of the game is high. I love playing co-op games and have had an absolute blast. If you play this game and had zero fun, then score it poorly. If you have fun, give it a high score! I think if you take this game as it stands alone, its a fun and solid third person shooter and I feel like my experience with it justifies an 8 out of 10.
  76. Oct 4, 2012
    People need to rate this game on how the game actually is and not just be angry because its not like the old style Resident Evil's (which i am a fan of and still prefer).
    Resident Evil 6 is unfortunately mainly an action game so rating it as an action game with horror elements means its fantastic as a stand alone game. There is so much to do and gives you hours of gameplay time.
    The
    graphics are great and the story is still brilliant. This is a huge improvement on Resident Evil 5 and i will be looking forward to getting the DLC even though i disagree with Capcom releasing it on the 360 first but it is a business at the end of the day.
    For Resident Evil 7 i would like Capcom to take more of a horror route (dead space style) but as long as the action and gore is RE6 standard i will still be happy.
    This game does NOT deserve such low ratings!
  77. Oct 4, 2012
    This is not the Resident Evil I've been waiting for. And that's sad. I really thought that after the amazing Revelations on the 3DS they finally turned back to their origins... but they are not. RE6 story is a mess, too many QTE and even the campaign's beginning is bad rendered. Not a general introduction? How did Sherry and Jake meet? Leon's suddenly there at the right moment? What was he doing there? If the president was zombified, how has that happened? Hasn't he got bodyguards? Leon was there right? Why isn't he a zombie? Chris's scenery has too much action, and not even the good one. Only positive things is the graphic/atmosphere (especially in Leon's campaign) and maybe some of the online modes... Why can't they just follow RE: Revelations path? That was the good way :( Expand
  78. Oct 4, 2012
    i have this game and i'd give it an 8.5, great graphics, control solid, its a shame people giving this such low scores, prob same people who watch reality tv or cooking shows or listen to kanye west, this game is good as uncharted 3 enjoyed it as much, yea zombies and boss battles are awesome, they are as gruetesque as a pop star the night of the grammys
  79. Oct 4, 2012
    First off what the hell!! Why does this game have a user score of 0.6. This is why user reviews are not reliable. First thing is Resident Evil 6 is a very good game. One thing it isnt is scary but you know what who cares? Resident Evil 4 and 5 were about as scary as a couple of unicorns. I didnt even think dead space 2 was scary but one thing this game is is really freaking fun. The gameplay in this game is so drastically improved its ridiculous,no longer are this slow ass character with tank controls,now your a complete and toatal badass popping bullets and dishing out cool melee attacks to zombies. Now you can slide,walk and shoot, turn 360 degrees in way that feels natural, perform melee attacks at will,and you can even dual weild with leon. Eveyone said this game has three campains but you actaully get four so yea. Since their are four different stories this game is a enourmous time sink. And every campaign is completely different. This game is awesome and a blast to play its just so frusterating that people are giving it sh*t scores for stupid reasons. This game is the best in the seiries and you wont waste your money buying it. Expand
  80. Oct 4, 2012
    Ho avuto la fortuna di poter giocare alla demo su Xbox 360 prima dell'uscita del gioco.
    Avrei dato una votazione bassa tipo 4.
    Fiducioso giorno 2 sono andato alla Fnac di Genova e ho preso a 69.99
  81. Oct 4, 2012
    If RE want to ditch its horror genre and go all action at least make it as good as gear of of wars or MGS. It is a relatively Ok action game. But with the RE tag on the disc, you expect much more.
  82. Oct 4, 2012
    Trolls are everywhere on this title. Well worth the wait. Well worth the time. Well worth the money. actual score would have to be an 8.5 outta 10 but had to give it a ten to help offset the trolls.
  83. Oct 4, 2012
    There is no atmosphere, there is no challenge, it shoots only. The game is boring. Where is the true Resident Evil? It 's so difficult to realize?
    Resident Evil is dead. Capcom is dead.
    Capcom, think more fans and less money.
  84. Oct 4, 2012
    This is not Resident Evil anymore, Capcom succumbs to the mainstream devil and bows down to the money to please the masses with nonstop explosions and shooter action like in CoD. I can understand the kids from today like uncomplicated action like this, i do not. Capcom failed to go back to the roots, instead they delivered a soulless shooter rollercoaster, to please the mainstream and to earn more money off the people who do not seem to like the old values of the series, or simply do not know them, because they are simply too young or haven't played the grand old parts of the series. In my eyes this game is a disgrace and deserves ALL the negative response from the fanbase. People who rate this above 5 or even 10 have lost their touch, sad but true.

I'll give it a 1/10 because it's not completely terrible, but it is far away from what i expected from a game labled Resident Evil. It goes with the same trend like the movies, it gets worse and worse. After Operation Racoon City this is another deep rock bottom of the series and it is questionable if they can restore their reputation in futuregames or if they keep those low mainstreamstandards. I am very dissapointed of the result.
  85. Oct 4, 2012
    The biggest dissapoint of 2012,Capcom has lost it. Capcom should play the first three and see how its done, the controls are better and more responsive in the old ones then this turd. Don't forget the cheap deaths that give you no warning, WTF Capcom!!! Give us more new characters no one gives a **** about.

What about Rebecca, Billy, Barry, Jill, Claire and Carlos ? Stop watching the RE
    movies Capcom they are horrible just like this game. Expand
  86. Oct 4, 2012
  87. Oct 4, 2012
    There we have it folks, the biggest disappointment in video game history. This game is so unbelievably bad, I had a great time laughing at how generic it was. Capcom wanted the Call of Duty audience, so this is what they made. Fans are pissed at how bad this game was and it shows. It doesn't even deserve a review, the dirt on the bottom of my shoe is worth more than this trash.

Former
    hardcore RE fan. Out. Expand
  88. Oct 4, 2012
    Let this game be a prime example for developers of why you DO NOT stray from the path that your series has made. The Resident Evil series made the Horror Game Market with its special touch. That touch caused the creation of many great horror games by other developers: Dead Space, ETC. That touch caused you to not waste your ammo and the priceless moments of scaring the **** out of you. That touch is no-more. That touch has been replaced by a Gears of War with Micheal Bay acting as a director who mixed the explosions with zombies and timed events at every turn that was put in a blender and forced into your face. That taste is the most god awful thing you tasted in your life. You threw it up and screamed WHAT THE **** DID I JUST TASTE. Collapse
  89. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the perfect example of lots of good ideas being thrown together and compiled too quickly. Having 4 separate campaigns each with a unique feel is a good idea. Being forced to replay the exact same sequence in subsequent adventures and re-watching cutscenes is not. Four player co-op sounds great, but it only happens at those crossover events, so don't plan on playing with 3 friends from the beginning. The gunplay is improved, but now instead of action/horror we're playing a 3rd person shooter. The idea is to trade the fear, delicate planning and conservation of ammo, and puzzles for non-stop action and a thrilling story. While the action may be non-stop, the story isn't exactly compelling. It seems drawn from the same brilliant (sarcasm!) minds as the RE movies. To be fair the stories for past adventures weren't astounding, but if story was the focus, consider the ball dropped. And I find it strange that the producers have no problem converting Ada from thief to hero to villain over the course of the series, but seem to have a problem in displaying her in anything but red evening wear... even in a blizzard. (Note to producers: a female character can be sexy without slow motion graceful fighting or gratuitous cleavage). And they seem to be unable to show Chris in anything but a familiar green and gray uniform. Etc for the other familiars. As fans, we don't need the same costumes every time to know who the characters are. While I do applaud the "realism" of loading these professional agents with appropriate weapons from the get-go, that didn't need to take away from the classic loadout system and the occasional manifestation of a new and better weapon. Force me to use up my ammo and make the tough choice of holding on to an empty weapon in the hopes of finding more ammo and ditching my snipe rifle for the sure a less powerful .22 caliber pistol which I have a whole box of rounds. Further, why would you ever scrap the weapon upgrade system? And for a nearly useless skill system? There was a major opportunity for improvement missed. The quick time events were exciting and new in the RE:4, but now they seem to happen every 6 minutes. This means that in certain instances, instead of sitting back in accomplishment after beating a boss or reaching a major plot point, you have to be constantly ready in case someone attacks you in the middle of a monologue. At the very least Leon's segment felt familiar, but there was less searching, puzzle solving, and fearful tension than fighting off zombie after zombie with overpowered melee only to realize that I was going to have plenty of ammo coming. Chris' section was constant over the shoulder run and gunning where Chris keeps almost getting blown up. It was like playing Mass Effect 3 without the biotic powers. At least he finally meets Ada... Who is now insane. Jake's section is ridiculous. I'm firm in my belief that the "No Hope" tag line comes from the fact that the Ustanak is invincible. What hope does mankind have against that thing? Plus, I'm ok with shooting an occasional barrel such that it explodes, but is it necessary to fall back on this cliche for every overpowered enemy? I feel like RE:5 did a fair job at making these invincible boss fights varied. Maybe that's just comparatively. Still, there are improvements. Enemies are varied. Movement is better. Dodging, sliding, and taking cover are fun once you know what you're doing. Melee may see overpowered, but I enjoyed palming thrusting enemies end over end. Moreover, there are basically four separate stories. Huge amounts of game (with minimal repetition). Most of the game can be played with two players. Plus some set piece events are highly rewarding when you have a real live person covering your back. Mercenaries is back and even better with the new controls. If this were a new franchise, I would say it was a good first try. But coming off RE:5 which was decent, this feels lazy and as the scores indicate: insulting to longtime fans of the series. Expand
  90. Oct 3, 2012
    This isn't that bad of a game, hell it's not bad by any stretch of the word. I know there are a lot of people bombing the score because they remember 1-3 with nostalgia vision but here's a reality check, those games were clunky, the camera was **** and the dialog sucked. Four was the best thing to happen to the series, 5 wasn't amazing but it was good, and 6 is also good, get your nostalgia out of your vision and shut the **** up and enjoy the game. Expand
  91. Oct 3, 2012
    Yes we understand that if game developers implemented every thing we the fans wanted the game itself might not turn out too great. However like resident evil 5 resident 6 made a huge left turn,turning a survival horror franchise into a non challenging linear game. Am I saying Resident evil 6 is a bad game no i just don't think the series deserves to call itself Resident Evil anymore
  92. Oct 3, 2012
    I am not rating this a 10. If there wasn't so many 0's by people who never even tried the game I would of rated it exactly what i think it should be. I am not a Resident Evil Fanboy. Even though I am old enough to have played all of them. Resident Evil was just never one of my top series. A lot these negative reviews are being done for nostalgic reasons and people are psychologically remembering the Resident Evil games of their childhood in a unrealistic light. The Playstation games were good games but by no means were they ever scary. Silent Hill trumped them when it came to scares. I challenge any of you to go back and play any of them and seriously tell me how they make you **** your pants in fear. Yes, they were survival. Yes, they had horror elements. But, by no means, were they ever scary. Most of us were children when they first came out and a lot of us it was our first introduction to the horror genre. Our brains have created a nostalgic trip and have created a shrine in our memories for what we once thought was scary. Going back to them recently i have came to realize that sometimes people hold things they remember enjoying as a kid, young teen, in way to high regard. If you haven't played the game. Do all of us a favor and quit your **** Do something productive, email Capcom directly. Tell them exactly why you don't like the game and do it in a civilized manor. I'd advise renting it or playing it first. Otherwise they would probably just laugh you off. I know some you feel like you need to fit in. Its cool to have hate. I think we get it. Nothing better then flaming stuff on the internet. Oh wait, maybe if you had a friends. Most of you are starting to sound like whiny children. No wonder you can't find G/f's. Now to the review. This is actually not so bad of a game. It has its faults. The nonsense deaths and the qte's and the placement of cut scenes do get a little annoying. But, for the most part the game is just like 4 and 5 which are far from being horrible games. Leon's campaign is stronger then Chris's or Jake's. With Jake's falling in between. Chris's is a little flawed on higher difficulties, with more of an emphasis on making you use a broken cover system. Its a little annoying trying to take cover from everything shooting at you when long ranged and short ranged j'avo intermingle to try to take you down together. But for the most part I concentrated on if I was having fun. And the game succeeded in that area. When you get past the qte's and the flaws the game plays like a mix of 4 and 5. Even though the camera did take me a little bit of time to get use to, once i did i really had no problem with it. If you want survival you should try playing on veteran or professional. You will quickly get your lack of bullets. Melee seems to be less of an option on the higher difficulties. The added strength of baddies, the less likely you would want to get close enough to any of them to take them on hand to hand. Yes, Resident Evil lost its way. I agree. But, i'm not crying about it. And by no means is this a horrible game. I was a tad bit disappointed but still came out of it having a lot of fun. 8.0 out of 10. Expand
  93. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a solid game marred only by its pedigree. The graphics are top notch, the game play is fairly solid and the story is good. The common complaint on this game is of the new direction capcom has gone with the RE franchise. No more are the constant "horror" aspects of old, this is now an action game and the evolution makes sense. Like a good band a franchise must evolve or it will become the same thing over and over. RE has and it is not for everyone but that is why there are other games being made. I have enjoyed my experience in this new entry and , if you have been faithfully following the series i invite you to try this one. You should have a great time. Expand
  94. Oct 3, 2012
    Dont let those trolls fool you, they havent play the game yet, and if they have its because they pirated it. Will you really listen to people who pirates games and makes the industry die slowly? please buy this game if you want the gaming world to survive another generation. This game is awesome, it beats resident evil 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, the only bad thing about its multiple campaign is that they all end. Dont listen to Tas el Kender, Dionisios21 or that **** **** of xiphias, this game rocks. Graphics: 10 the best looking game of our generation and Leon is too hot sound: 10 it sounds scary sometimes Gameplay: 10 its like RE 4 but with more explosions and characters can it be better? fun: 100000 in the end its what matters so stop trolling k? People are only butthurt because their sucky REmake and stupid control will never comeback. hahaha, accept gaming evolution already.(2) Expand
  95. Oct 3, 2012
    As usual, trolls come out to play on metacritic. Most rating low probably havent even touched the game. People are being too harsh.. I think its a great game so far. Finished Leons campaign tonight, really enjoyed it. Played it local co-op with my friend. Nothing bad to say about it really... maybe just the camera can be annoying sometimes.
  96. Oct 3, 2012
    Where is the Horror!!? This game is 80% generic 3rd person action-shooter and 20% (or even less) survival horror.I though Capcom had learned with RE5 that co-op play really kills all the tension. What else is to dislike about this game: messed up story, killing regular zombies is really annoying, having an arrow/marked point telling you which way to go, Leon Kennedy harsh voice. This game in my opinion is a bad mix between RE5 and RE Racoon City. If you Didn't like any of these 2 games you won't like this one. The RE franchise as a horror survivor game is now dead. Dead space is now the true and only king of the genre. Expand
  97. Oct 3, 2012
    No, this is not a typical Res game, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. The chief of the complaints are about the QTEs, which normally I don't like, but I didn't feel that they were show-stoppers in any respect since the player isn't really punished for choosing the wrong button. There were a few QTEs in Res4, which is my favourite of the series, and those didn't mar my playing experience either. This Res plays out more like a mix of 5 and a co-op shooter. I really appreciated the fact that the AI could be better controlled and is more helpful than it was in 5. The buddy-revival system is nice, though I don't always get to my partner in time. The weapon system I found was well-thought out: cycling through the weapons with the D-pad was much easier than equipping only two guns and pressing start just to get to the grenades. Overall, I enjoyed it, just as a survival-horror game, not as a Res game. I enjoyed it better than I did 5, but not as much as 4. Expand
  98. Oct 3, 2012
    Very bad game design. Some scenes like flee in motorcycle can actually be played without hands, without any inputs. Like a film. Where's interactions ? BAD GAME !
  99. Oct 3, 2012
    They took everything wrong with the RE5 multiplied it by 10 x resided evil ORC by 100 and that's what RE6 is.The length of the game only tortures you more which would not have been a probably if this was remotely good.This game is all out Duke Nukem forever terrible, and the multiple campaigns only serve to show that capcom has no idea anymore with what they're doing and are trying their best to pander to the Call of Duty audience AND throw some scraps to the once core RE fanbase that made the series as well know as it is today. Expand
  100. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a guy who likes to embrace change, especially change in video games. I love the first three Resident Evil games and Code Veronica X, but Resident Evil 4 blew my mind with its revolutionary gunplay and fantastic pacing. I still consider it one of the best games I've ever played. Resident Evil 5 didn't change things up much aside from providing players with a great co-op experience, but I still enjoyed the time I spent with it. As I learned more and more about the extreme modifications being made to the Resident Evil formula in the sixth game I admittedly got a little worried. Now that I've played the game my fears have been somewhat confirmed.

Resident Evil used to aim to frighten by taking it slow and doling out its surprises a little at a time. Now it's all about delivering thrills through bullets and explosions, which is fine in small doses. Unfortunately, Resident Evil 6 doesn't believe in doing anything small; it's the noisiest Resident Evil game yet. It seems as if something is blowing up every two minutes. The characters are always shouting something at each other, which is more annoying than helpful. No ammo was spared in the making of this game; it's all about guns, guns, guns. A large majority of the zombies even carry guns.

The franticness of the game becomes tiresome after a while, and the length doesn't help. It took me over 20 hours to complete Resident Evil 4 and I loved almost every second of it. I don't mind a long game as long as it's well-paced. The thing is, Resident Evil 6 isn't. It begins with a bang, literally, and never lets up, which is fine for a five-hour Call of Duty single-player campaign, but not for a game that lasts over 20 hours.

Also, the game lacks focus. Having three separate campaigns that revolve around three completely different central ideas is cool, but those ideas are implemented badly here. Chris Redfield's campaign is akin to a militaristic shooter and could very well be considered one if not for the strange enemies. As such, it contains the bulk of the game's set pieces and loudness and I grew weary of it after one chapter. Jake Muller is a really terrible character, but his campaign, which is obviously based on Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, is exciting
  101. Oct 4, 2012

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.