Resident Evil 6 Xbox 360

5.0

1. Oct 4, 2012
    If you liked RE5 then you will love it. This game is awesome and even better when played with a friend! The reviews have been way too harsh. Do what I did. IGNORE THEM and have all out mutant zombie killing fun!
  2. Oct 4, 2012
    Annoying camera, delayed controls. Sometimes FPS has drop to uncomfortable low. Gameplay make me feel i got trolled by developers. I don't care the game not look like classic RE successor, I actually was waiting for good action in RE-universe. But unfortunately is not even a good action. Disappointment.
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    Is it a perfect game? Absolutely not. This is not a 10 in my opinion. That being said, I am having a great time playing RE6. The problem with reviews is that they don't always speak to you find favorable in a game. I almost didn't get this game because of the bad reviews, but the more positive reviews (not the 10's, though) tended to speak to what I find enjoyable.

People are right.

People are right. This isn't a survival horror game at its heart. Maybe I enjoy it more because I haven't been a life long fan of Resident Evil, so I didn't come in with a preconceived notion of what this game SHOULD be. There are too many quick time events and often require more speed than my feeble thumbs can muster. The camera angles frequently force you to look at something when you want to be looking at the zombie bearing down on you. Cinematics can be jarringly frequent, which can disrupt the flow of the game.

On the other side of the coin, the visuals are well done. The quality of cinematics are solid. The animations are decent and there is an overall great polish to the visual quality. The audio quality is similarly excellent. The voice acting is on point, the overall sound effects are top notch, and there is a great ambiance persistent throughout the game. The controls aren't perfect, but they are manageable. I certainly can appreciate the greater mobility of the characters movements, like being able to move while aiming. That is a break from tradition, but sometimes you need to move forward to stay relevant. What really pushes me to give this game a more positive score is that I have fun with the game. At the end of the day, that is what is most important and is why we play games in the first place. My overall enjoyment of the game is high. I love playing co-op games and have had an absolute blast. If you play this game and had zero fun, then score it poorly. If you have fun, give it a high score! I think if you take this game as it stands alone, its a fun and solid third person shooter and I feel like my experience with it justifies an 8 out of 10.
  4. Oct 4, 2012
    People need to rate this game on how the game actually is and not just be angry because its not like the old style Resident Evil's (which i am a fan of and still prefer).
    Resident Evil 6 is unfortunately mainly an action game so rating it as an action game with horror elements means its fantastic as a stand alone game. There is so much to do and gives you hours of gameplay time.
    The
    The graphics are great and the story is still brilliant. This is a huge improvement on Resident Evil 5 and i will be looking forward to getting the DLC even though i disagree with Capcom releasing it on the 360 first but it is a business at the end of the day.
    For Resident Evil 7 i would like Capcom to take more of a horror route (dead space style) but as long as the action and gore is RE6 standard i will still be happy.
    This game does NOT deserve such low ratings!
  5. Oct 4, 2012
    This is not the Resident Evil I've been waiting for. And that's sad. I really thought that after the amazing Revelations on the 3DS they finally turned back to their origins... but they are not. RE6 story is a mess, too many QTE and even the campaign's beginning is bad rendered. Not a general introduction? How did Sherry and Jake meet? Leon's suddenly there at the right moment? What was heThis is not the Resident Evil I've been waiting for. And that's sad. I really thought that after the amazing Revelations on the 3DS they finally turned back to their origins... but they are not. RE6 story is a mess, too many QTE and even the campaign's beginning is bad rendered. Not a general introduction? How did Sherry and Jake meet? Leon's suddenly there at the right moment? What was he doing there? If the president was zombified, how has that happened? Hasn't he got bodyguards? Leon was there right? Why isn't he a zombie? Chris's scenery has too much action, and not even the good one. Only positive things is the graphic/atmosphere (especially in Leon's campaign) and maybe some of the online modes... Why can't they just follow RE: Revelations path? That was the good way :( Expand
  6. Oct 4, 2012
    i have this game and i'd give it an 8.5, great graphics, control solid, its a shame people giving this such low scores, prob same people who watch reality tv or cooking shows or listen to kanye west, this game is good as uncharted 3 enjoyed it as much, yea zombies and boss battles are awesome, they are as gruetesque as a pop star the night of the grammys
  7. Oct 4, 2012
    First off what the hell!! Why does this game have a user score of 0.6. This is why user reviews are not reliable. First thing is Resident Evil 6 is a very good game. One thing it isnt is scary but you know what who cares? Resident Evil 4 and 5 were about as scary as a couple of unicorns. I didnt even think dead space 2 was scary but one thing this game is is really freaking fun. TheFirst off what the hell!! Why does this game have a user score of 0.6. This is why user reviews are not reliable. First thing is Resident Evil 6 is a very good game. One thing it isnt is scary but you know what who cares? Resident Evil 4 and 5 were about as scary as a couple of unicorns. I didnt even think dead space 2 was scary but one thing this game is is really freaking fun. The gameplay in this game is so drastically improved its ridiculous,no longer are this slow ass character with tank controls,now your a complete and toatal badass popping bullets and dishing out cool melee attacks to zombies. Now you can slide,walk and shoot, turn 360 degrees in way that feels natural, perform melee attacks at will,and you can even dual weild with leon. Eveyone said this game has three campains but you actaully get four so yea. Since their are four different stories this game is a enourmous time sink. And every campaign is completely different. This game is awesome and a blast to play its just so frusterating that people are giving it sh*t scores for stupid reasons. This game is the best in the seiries and you wont waste your money buying it. Expand
  8. Oct 4, 2012
    Ho avuto la fortuna di poter giocare alla demo su Xbox 360 prima dell'uscita del gioco.
    Avrei dato una votazione bassa tipo 4.
    Fiducioso giorno 2 sono andato alla Fnac di Genova e ho preso a 69.99
  9. Oct 4, 2012
    If RE want to ditch its horror genre and go all action at least make it as good as gear of of wars or MGS. It is a relatively Ok action game. But with the RE tag on the disc, you expect much more.
  10. Oct 4, 2012
    Trolls are everywhere on this title. Well worth the wait. Well worth the time. Well worth the money. actual score would have to be an 8.5 outta 10 but had to give it a ten to help offset the trolls.
  11. Oct 4, 2012
    There is no atmosphere, there is no challenge, it shoots only. The game is boring. Where is the true Resident Evil? It 's so difficult to realize?
    Resident Evil is dead. Capcom is dead.
    Capcom, think more fans and less money.
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    This is not Resident Evil anymore, Capcom succumbs to the mainstream devil and bows down to the money to please the masses with nonstop explosions and shooter action like in CoD. I can understand the kids from today like uncomplicated action like this, i do not. Capcom failed to go back to the roots, instead they delivered a soulless shooter rollercoaster, to please the mainstream and toThis is not Resident Evil anymore, Capcom succumbs to the mainstream devil and bows down to the money to please the masses with nonstop explosions and shooter action like in CoD. I can understand the kids from today like uncomplicated action like this, i do not. Capcom failed to go back to the roots, instead they delivered a soulless shooter rollercoaster, to please the mainstream and to earn more money off the people who do not seem to like the old values of the series, or simply do not know them, because they are simply too young or haven't played the grand old parts of the series. In my eyes this game is a disgrace and deserves ALL the negative response from the fanbase. People who rate this above 5 or even 10 have lost their touch, sad but true.

I'll give it a 1/10 because it's not completely terrible, but it is far away from what i expected from a game labled Resident Evil. It goes with the same trend like the movies, it gets worse and worse. After Operation Racoon City this is another deep rock bottom of the series and it is questionable if they can restore their reputation in futuregames or if they keep those low mainstreamstandards. I am very dissapointed of the result.
  13. Oct 4, 2012
    The biggest dissapoint of 2012,Capcom has lost it. Capcom should play the first three and see how its done, the controls are better and more responsive in the old ones then this turd. Don't forget the cheap deaths that give you no warning, WTF Capcom!!! Give us more new characters no one gives a **** about.

What about Rebecca, Billy, Barry, Jill, Claire and Carlos ? Stop watching the RE movies Capcom they are horrible just like this game.
  14. Oct 4, 2012
  15. Oct 4, 2012
    There we have it folks, the biggest disappointment in video game history. This game is so unbelievably bad, I had a great time laughing at how generic it was. Capcom wanted the Call of Duty audience, so this is what they made. Fans are pissed at how bad this game was and it shows. It doesn't even deserve a review, the dirt on the bottom of my shoe is worth more than this trash.

Former

Former hardcore RE fan. Out.
  16. Oct 4, 2012
    Let this game be a prime example for developers of why you DO NOT stray from the path that your series has made. The Resident Evil series made the Horror Game Market with its special touch. That touch caused the creation of many great horror games by other developers: Dead Space, ETC. That touch caused you to not waste your ammo and the priceless moments of scaring the **** out of you.Let this game be a prime example for developers of why you DO NOT stray from the path that your series has made. The Resident Evil series made the Horror Game Market with its special touch. That touch caused the creation of many great horror games by other developers: Dead Space, ETC. That touch caused you to not waste your ammo and the priceless moments of scaring the **** out of you. That touch is no-more. That touch has been replaced by a Gears of War with Micheal Bay acting as a director who mixed the explosions with zombies and timed events at every turn that was put in a blender and forced into your face. That taste is the most god awful thing you tasted in your life. You threw it up and screamed WHAT THE **** DID I JUST TASTE. Expand
  17. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the perfect example of lots of good ideas being thrown together and compiled too quickly. Having 4 separate campaigns each with a unique feel is a good idea. Being forced to replay the exact same sequence in subsequent adventures and re-watching cutscenes is not. Four player co-op sounds great, but it only happens at those crossover events, so don't plan on playing with 3 friends from the beginning. The gunplay is improved, but now instead of action/horror we're playing a 3rd person shooter. The idea is to trade the fear, delicate planning and conservation of ammo, and puzzles for non-stop action and a thrilling story. While the action may be non-stop, the story isn't exactly compelling. It seems drawn from the same brilliant (sarcasm!) minds as the RE movies. To be fair the stories for past adventures weren't astounding, but if story was the focus, consider the ball dropped. And I find it strange that the producers have no problem converting Ada from thief to hero to villain over the course of the series, but seem to have a problem in displaying her in anything but red evening wear... even in a blizzard. (Note to producers: a female character can be sexy without slow motion graceful fighting or gratuitous cleavage). And they seem to be unable to show Chris in anything but a familiar green and gray uniform. Etc for the other familiars. As fans, we don't need the same costumes every time to know who the characters are. While I do applaud the "realism" of loading these professional agents with appropriate weapons from the get-go, that didn't need to take away from the classic loadout system and the occasional manifestation of a new and better weapon. Force me to use up my ammo and make the tough choice of holding on to an empty weapon in the hopes of finding more ammo and ditching my snipe rifle for the sure a less powerful .22 caliber pistol which I have a whole box of rounds. Further, why would you ever scrap the weapon upgrade system? And for a nearly useless skill system? There was a major opportunity for improvement missed. The quick time events were exciting and new in the RE:4, but now they seem to happen every 6 minutes. This means that in certain instances, instead of sitting back in accomplishment after beating a boss or reaching a major plot point, you have to be constantly ready in case someone attacks you in the middle of a monologue. At the very least Leon's segment felt familiar, but there was less searching, puzzle solving, and fearful tension than fighting off zombie after zombie with overpowered melee only to realize that I was going to have plenty of ammo coming. Chris' section was constant over the shoulder run and gunning where Chris keeps almost getting blown up. It was like playing Mass Effect 3 without the biotic powers. At least he finally meets Ada... Who is now insane. Jake's section is ridiculous. I'm firm in my belief that the "No Hope" tag line comes from the fact that the Ustanak is invincible. What hope does mankind have against that thing? Plus, I'm ok with shooting an occasional barrel such that it explodes, but is it necessary to fall back on this cliche for every overpowered enemy? I feel like RE:5 did a fair job at making these invincible boss fights varied. Maybe that's just comparatively. Still, there are improvements. Enemies are varied. Movement is better. Dodging, sliding, and taking cover are fun once you know what you're doing. Melee may see overpowered, but I enjoyed palming thrusting enemies end over end. Moreover, there are basically four separate stories. Huge amounts of game (with minimal repetition). Most of the game can be played with two players. Plus some set piece events are highly rewarding when you have a real live person covering your back. Mercenaries is back and even better with the new controls. If this were a new franchise, I would say it was a good first try. But coming off RE:5 which was decent, this feels lazy and as the scores indicate: insulting to longtime fans of the series. Expand
  18. Oct 3, 2012
    This isn't that bad of a game, hell it's not bad by any stretch of the word. I know there are a lot of people bombing the score because they remember 1-3 with nostalgia vision but here's a reality check, those games were clunky, the camera was **** and the dialog sucked. Four was the best thing to happen to the series, 5 wasn't amazing but it was good, and 6 is also good, get yourThis isn't that bad of a game, hell it's not bad by any stretch of the word. I know there are a lot of people bombing the score because they remember 1-3 with nostalgia vision but here's a reality check, those games were clunky, the camera was **** and the dialog sucked. Four was the best thing to happen to the series, 5 wasn't amazing but it was good, and 6 is also good, get your nostalgia out of your vision and shut the **** up and enjoy the game. Expand
  19. Oct 3, 2012
    Yes we understand that if game developers implemented every thing we the fans wanted the game itself might not turn out too great. However like resident evil 5 resident 6 made a huge left turn,turning a survival horror franchise into a non challenging linear game. Am I saying Resident evil 6 is a bad game no i just don't think the series deserves to call itself Resident Evil anymore
  20. Oct 3, 2012
    I am not rating this a 10. If there wasn't so many 0's by people who never even tried the game I would of rated it exactly what i think it should be. I am not a Resident Evil Fanboy. Even though I am old enough to have played all of them. Resident Evil was just never one of my top series. A lot these negative reviews are being done for nostalgic reasons and people are psychologicallyI am not rating this a 10. If there wasn't so many 0's by people who never even tried the game I would of rated it exactly what i think it should be. I am not a Resident Evil Fanboy. Even though I am old enough to have played all of them. Resident Evil was just never one of my top series. A lot these negative reviews are being done for nostalgic reasons and people are psychologically remembering the Resident Evil games of their childhood in a unrealistic light. The Playstation games were good games but by no means were they ever scary. Silent Hill trumped them when it came to scares. I challenge any of you to go back and play any of them and seriously tell me how they make you **** your pants in fear. Yes, they were survival. Yes, they had horror elements. But, by no means, were they ever scary. Most of us were children when they first came out and a lot of us it was our first introduction to the horror genre. Our brains have created a nostalgic trip and have created a shrine in our memories for what we once thought was scary. Going back to them recently i have came to realize that sometimes people hold things they remember enjoying as a kid, young teen, in way to high regard. If you haven't played the game. Do all of us a favor and quit your **** Do something productive, email Capcom directly. Tell them exactly why you don't like the game and do it in a civilized manor. I'd advise renting it or playing it first. Otherwise they would probably just laugh you off. I know some you feel like you need to fit in. Its cool to have hate. I think we get it. Nothing better then flaming stuff on the internet. Oh wait, maybe if you had a friends. Most of you are starting to sound like whiny children. No wonder you can't find G/f's. Now to the review. This is actually not so bad of a game. It has its faults. The nonsense deaths and the qte's and the placement of cut scenes do get a little annoying. But, for the most part the game is just like 4 and 5 which are far from being horrible games. Leon's campaign is stronger then Chris's or Jake's. With Jake's falling in between. Chris's is a little flawed on higher difficulties, with more of an emphasis on making you use a broken cover system. Its a little annoying trying to take cover from everything shooting at you when long ranged and short ranged j'avo intermingle to try to take you down together. But for the most part I concentrated on if I was having fun. And the game succeeded in that area. When you get past the qte's and the flaws the game plays like a mix of 4 and 5. Even though the camera did take me a little bit of time to get use to, once i did i really had no problem with it. If you want survival you should try playing on veteran or professional. You will quickly get your lack of bullets. Melee seems to be less of an option on the higher difficulties. The added strength of baddies, the less likely you would want to get close enough to any of them to take them on hand to hand. Yes, Resident Evil lost its way. I agree. But, i'm not crying about it. And by no means is this a horrible game. I was a tad bit disappointed but still came out of it having a lot of fun. 8.0 out of 10. Expand
  21. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a solid game marred only by its pedigree. The graphics are top notch, the game play is fairly solid and the story is good. The common complaint on this game is of the new direction capcom has gone with the RE franchise. No more are the constant "horror" aspects of old, this is now an action game and the evolution makes sense. Like a good band a franchise must evolve orResident Evil 6 is a solid game marred only by its pedigree. The graphics are top notch, the game play is fairly solid and the story is good. The common complaint on this game is of the new direction capcom has gone with the RE franchise. No more are the constant "horror" aspects of old, this is now an action game and the evolution makes sense. Like a good band a franchise must evolve or it will become the same thing over and over. RE has and it is not for everyone but that is why there are other games being made. I have enjoyed my experience in this new entry and , if you have been faithfully following the series i invite you to try this one. You should have a great time. Expand
  22. Oct 3, 2012
    Dont let those trolls fool you, they havent play the game yet, and if they have its because they pirated it. Will you really listen to people who pirates games and makes the industry die slowly? please buy this game if you want the gaming world to survive another generation. This game is awesome, it beats resident evil 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, the only bad thing about its multiple campaign isDont let those trolls fool you, they havent play the game yet, and if they have its because they pirated it. Will you really listen to people who pirates games and makes the industry die slowly? please buy this game if you want the gaming world to survive another generation. This game is awesome, it beats resident evil 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, the only bad thing about its multiple campaign is that they all end. Dont listen to Tas el Kender, Dionisios21 or that **** **** of xiphias, this game rocks. Graphics: 10 the best looking game of our generation and Leon is too hot sound: 10 it sounds scary sometimes Gameplay: 10 its like RE 4 but with more explosions and characters can it be better? fun: 100000 in the end its what matters so stop trolling k? People are only butthurt because their sucky REmake and stupid control will never comeback. hahaha, accept gaming evolution already.(2) Expand
  23. Oct 3, 2012
    As usual, trolls come out to play on metacritic. Most rating low probably havent even touched the game. People are being too harsh.. I think its a great game so far. Finished Leons campaign tonight, really enjoyed it. Played it local co-op with my friend. Nothing bad to say about it really... maybe just the camera can be annoying sometimes.
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    Where is the Horror!!? This game is 80% generic 3rd person action-shooter and 20% (or even less) survival horror.I though Capcom had learned with RE5 that co-op play really kills all the tension. What else is to dislike about this game: messed up story, killing regular zombies is really annoying, having an arrow/marked point telling you which way to go, Leon Kennedy harsh voice. This gameWhere is the Horror!!? This game is 80% generic 3rd person action-shooter and 20% (or even less) survival horror.I though Capcom had learned with RE5 that co-op play really kills all the tension. What else is to dislike about this game: messed up story, killing regular zombies is really annoying, having an arrow/marked point telling you which way to go, Leon Kennedy harsh voice. This game in my opinion is a bad mix between RE5 and RE Racoon City. If you Didn't like any of these 2 games you won't like this one. The RE franchise as a horror survivor game is now dead. Dead space is now the true and only king of the genre. Expand
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    No, this is not a typical Res game, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. The chief of the complaints are about the QTEs, which normally I don't like, but I didn't feel that they were show-stoppers in any respect since the player isn't really punished for choosing the wrong button. There were a few QTEs in Res4, which is my favourite of the series, and those didn't mar my playing experienceNo, this is not a typical Res game, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. The chief of the complaints are about the QTEs, which normally I don't like, but I didn't feel that they were show-stoppers in any respect since the player isn't really punished for choosing the wrong button. There were a few QTEs in Res4, which is my favourite of the series, and those didn't mar my playing experience either. This Res plays out more like a mix of 5 and a co-op shooter. I really appreciated the fact that the AI could be better controlled and is more helpful than it was in 5. The buddy-revival system is nice, though I don't always get to my partner in time. The weapon system I found was well-thought out: cycling through the weapons with the D-pad was much easier than equipping only two guns and pressing start just to get to the grenades. Overall, I enjoyed it, just as a survival-horror game, not as a Res game. I enjoyed it better than I did 5, but not as much as 4. Expand
  26. Oct 3, 2012
    Very bad game design. Some scenes like flee in motorcycle can actually be played without hands, without any inputs. Like a film. Where's interactions ? BAD GAME !
  27. Oct 3, 2012
    They took everything wrong with the RE5 multiplied it by 10 x resided evil ORC by 100 and that's what RE6 is.The length of the game only tortures you more which would not have been a probably if this was remotely good.This game is all out Duke Nukem forever terrible, and the multiple campaigns only serve to show that capcom has no idea anymore with what they're doing and are trying theirThey took everything wrong with the RE5 multiplied it by 10 x resided evil ORC by 100 and that's what RE6 is.The length of the game only tortures you more which would not have been a probably if this was remotely good.This game is all out Duke Nukem forever terrible, and the multiple campaigns only serve to show that capcom has no idea anymore with what they're doing and are trying their best to pander to the Call of Duty audience AND throw some scraps to the once core RE fanbase that made the series as well know as it is today. Expand
  28. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a guy who likes to embrace change, especially change in video games. I love the first three Resident Evil games and Code Veronica X, but Resident Evil 4 blew my mind with its revolutionary gunplay and fantastic pacing. I still consider it one of the best games I've ever played. Resident Evil 5 didn't change things up much aside from providing players with a great co-op experience, butI'm a guy who likes to embrace change, especially change in video games. I love the first three Resident Evil games and Code Veronica X, but Resident Evil 4 blew my mind with its revolutionary gunplay and fantastic pacing. I still consider it one of the best games I've ever played. Resident Evil 5 didn't change things up much aside from providing players with a great co-op experience, but I still enjoyed the time I spent with it. As I learned more and more about the extreme modifications being made to the Resident Evil formula in the sixth game I admittedly got a little worried. Now that I've played the game my fears have been somewhat confirmed.

Resident Evil used to aim to frighten by taking it slow and doling out its surprises a little at a time. Now it's all about delivering thrills through bullets and explosions, which is fine in small doses. Unfortunately, Resident Evil 6 doesn't believe in doing anything small; it's the noisiest Resident Evil game yet. It seems as if something is blowing up every two minutes. The characters are always shouting something at each other, which is more annoying than helpful. No ammo was spared in the making of this game; it's all about guns, guns, guns. A large majority of the zombies even carry guns.

The franticness of the game becomes tiresome after a while, and the length doesn't help. It took me over 20 hours to complete Resident Evil 4 and I loved almost every second of it. I don't mind a long game as long as it's well-paced. The thing is, Resident Evil 6 isn't. It begins with a bang, literally, and never lets up, which is fine for a five-hour Call of Duty single-player campaign, but not for a game that lasts over 20 hours.

Also, the game lacks focus. Having three separate campaigns that revolve around three completely different central ideas is cool, but those ideas are implemented badly here. Chris Redfield's campaign is akin to a militaristic shooter and could very well be considered one if not for the strange enemies. As such, it contains the bulk of the game's set pieces and loudness and I grew weary of it after one chapter. Jake Muller is a really terrible character, but his campaign, which is obviously based on Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, is exciting
  29. Oct 3, 2012
    If you are looking for a survival horror game, Resident Evil 6 is not that game. Is a action game, a very bad and poor action game. Is a marketing ploy call the game Resident Evil. Buying new is a waste of money.
  30. Oct 3, 2012
    I have read, re-read, and re-evaluated all of these reviews. And all I have to say is you need to think of it as a Resident Evil game, rather than an action game. And then it truly shines Yes it has different mechanics, yes it has its problems. But it still has that old school resident evil feel that we all know and love. Give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed.
  31. Oct 3, 2012
    After reading a good number of the negative reviews, I am floored at the stoning RE6 is getting. By no means is it a perfect game but what really is to some of you people?? For the majority, pleasing you is like feeding tapeworms. This game was never billed as classic survival horror. Capcom had been selling the action horror angle along the lines of RE5 since E3. - that makes all of theAfter reading a good number of the negative reviews, I am floored at the stoning RE6 is getting. By no means is it a perfect game but what really is to some of you people?? For the majority, pleasing you is like feeding tapeworms. This game was never billed as classic survival horror. Capcom had been selling the action horror angle along the lines of RE5 since E3. - that makes all of the "one of these things just isn't like the others" arguments null and void.

First off, I do feel that Capcom should have settled for one large campaign, perhaps with a mix of all the playing styles/enemies, maybe even with the ability to play with the different protagonists at different points in the campaign. I've never been a fan of the transition to humanoids, so I dont favor the Chris and Jake campaign that much and naturally gravitated to Leon's. To me, Chris' campaign is shoddy - poor man's TPS and besides, if I wanted to be shot at, I'd play COD.

The AI is lacking at times but that was a concern for me from jump but not so much as to spoil the game. Zombies certainly took to the AI well but humanoids, not so much. QTEs were a good add but entirely too excessive and sometimes hard to catch if you're on the move. I like how the inventory system is more streamlined but with the action/pace being so forced/chaotic at times, you can find yourself not having time to do much before enemies are on top of you or riddling you with bullets. I absolutely love being able to shoot on the move and melee but with shooting on the move comes the erratic dodge/avoidance moves - again, a good idea but can be a control layout nightmare when you're in the middle of said chaotic action. I found myself diving and rolling on accident far too many times. Graphics - lighting, environment, creature design and degradation after attacks, cutscenes - all solid. The cutscenes werent exactly moving content-wise but have always been give and take in the series.

Not a perfect game by far but overall I've enjoyed RE6. Agent Hunt feels a little unnecessary but it's kinda fun trying to jack up someone else's game. Capcom should have stuck to their timetable and used this extra month for quality control but I doubt it would have made a huge difference in the final product and your overall opinions. I understand the resentment of the masses towards the game and respect to those who could give a levelheaded review but for the most part, these reviews are elite level trolling.
  32. Oct 3, 2012
    Lore wise, this game is just simply awesome. You seriously didn't expect that Umbrella or what's left of it, just keeps failing at their tests to make the perfect super soldier did you? It's 2012, not 1996 and it's the sixth main instalment of the series, it just wasn't scary anymore. It's a good game, not the old survival horror type of game but more an all out biological war type. ILore wise, this game is just simply awesome. You seriously didn't expect that Umbrella or what's left of it, just keeps failing at their tests to make the perfect super soldier did you? It's 2012, not 1996 and it's the sixth main instalment of the series, it just wasn't scary anymore. It's a good game, not the old survival horror type of game but more an all out biological war type. I highly recommend. Expand
  33. Oct 3, 2012
    Absolutely disappointing. Resident Evil 6 is a lot of things, but faithful to the franchise name associated with survival horror is certainly not one of them. The entire game looks and feels like a jumbled mess that isn't sure which direction it wants to take; it''s akin to the most recent "Turok" title in that it has little to nothing to do with the franchise name with exception to theAbsolutely disappointing. Resident Evil 6 is a lot of things, but faithful to the franchise name associated with survival horror is certainly not one of them. The entire game looks and feels like a jumbled mess that isn't sure which direction it wants to take; it''s akin to the most recent "Turok" title in that it has little to nothing to do with the franchise name with exception to the name of characters found within, leaving players and especially fans to wonder just what went so horribly wrong.
    The game tries too hard to be both an action game and a horror game without being very successful at either, becoming more of a frustrating slog through something you want so badly to be good instead of a horror-filled thrill ride the title was once was. With Capcom producer Masachika Kawata even admitting the game was a push to cater more to the casual Call of Duty crowd to help bring in record numbers, the only thing Resident Evil 6 has successfully done was turn it's brand name into a washed up husk that's now trying to ride the coattails of another washed up series of games.

This title truly marks the end of a once great series. Rest in Peace, Resident Evil.
  34. Oct 3, 2012
    ive almost finished the leon campaign. and so far i really dont get why people are rating this game so low. im having a great time with the game so far. maybe it isnt too scary but it is still a good game.
  35. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm just going to go out on a limb here, and say that everybody who posted a zero, and is **** and moaning has never ACTUALLY played the game for themselves, it's a fun time, well worth the price of admission, and I'd recommend it to any RE fan, it's a got a little something for everybody.
  36. Oct 3, 2012
    Pros: Awesome graphics, great story, solo or co-op campaign and horde type mode, FREE web service (ResidentEvil.net)

Cons: If you are looking for gameplay similar to RE1 or RE2, this is not it. Resident Evil 6 is more action based (but it's a great game).

In closing: It's a fun game, worth buying. Please, ignore the hater spam that seems to have run rampant...
  37. Oct 3, 2012
    Ok. First of all, I want to address all of those people who gave this game a 0. Probably the same people who gave mass effect 3 a 0. Have you ever played a "bad" game before? Or, if you are just longing for a game that is "just like" its originals then buy a PS1. Seriously, the graphics are good. The sounds are good, and once you get used to the new control schemes, it plays fairly smooth.Ok. First of all, I want to address all of those people who gave this game a 0. Probably the same people who gave mass effect 3 a 0. Have you ever played a "bad" game before? Or, if you are just longing for a game that is "just like" its originals then buy a PS1. Seriously, the graphics are good. The sounds are good, and once you get used to the new control schemes, it plays fairly smooth. If game has any positive traits to it, then a someone that has any game knowledge whatsoever would never give it a 0 rating. The story in the game so far seems to just as amazing as any other resident evil game. Of course the originals were the best, but let's move on guys. Let's focus on the now, and stop wanting to replay the past. This game deserves way more credit than it has received. Expand
  38. Oct 3, 2012
    If you are interested in this game based on it's actual merits, you should read this review. Honestly, I give this game an 8 but it needs the 10 to compete with the moronic trolls. If you like RE4 or 5, you probably like this one better. It brings back nearly everything that was good in those games as well as some homages to the original series: crawling zombies and multiple story lines.If you are interested in this game based on it's actual merits, you should read this review. Honestly, I give this game an 8 but it needs the 10 to compete with the moronic trolls. If you like RE4 or 5, you probably like this one better. It brings back nearly everything that was good in those games as well as some homages to the original series: crawling zombies and multiple story lines. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that they removed weapon upgrading, BUT they replaced it with a skill system.

For those that are complaining that it's not the same as the original games, of course it isn't. Resident Evil was about a group of supposed super cops who couldn't manage a headshot on a shambling zombie from 5 feet. The original games were on the incompetent end of the absurdity scale. This game puts them on the super-competent end. It's still silly but at least it's a silly that allows you to fail on your own lack of skill rather than on the STARS mind-bogglingly poor combat awareness.
  39. Oct 3, 2012
    Worst game ever... In the past, ever since RE 2 on the N64, I would put in a RE game and just Know that it was going to make life okay, I knew that all my anxieties and failings and disappointments in life were going to be left at the door when I popped in this RE game. I could always rely on their quality, substance, and entertainment. They were like any other Thing ever created. TheyWorst game ever... In the past, ever since RE 2 on the N64, I would put in a RE game and just Know that it was going to make life okay, I knew that all my anxieties and failings and disappointments in life were going to be left at the door when I popped in this RE game. I could always rely on their quality, substance, and entertainment. They were like any other Thing ever created. They weren't just games, they were inspirations that brought me to new psychological heights. I connected with their creative streams of thought, their high quality craftsmanship, these games made me a better person. I wanted to reach the level of inspiration and quality that I experienced in these games in my own life. And I had patience and trust and security in that. That no matter what, Capcom would always release a quality RE game that put all other games and most other forms of entertainment media to shame. And now this, it is almost as if one awoke into a sad disappointing nightmare, where all faith and trust and hope are gone and you are only left with yourself and the bland ugliness that surrounds you everywhere. Everything about RE6 is wrong, everything, it just feels wrong altogether. Perhaps it is this stage in time, perhaps there needs to be death to many things for a beautiful and inspired birth of new things. But the death of RE is one of the most painful and sad experiences of my entertainment life. I have had relationships end that felt less discouraging than this. When RE6 tagged it 'no hope left' they were just smacking us lifelong fans in the face with another 'F U we know your hopes are crushed'. Whoever allowed this game to be made is undeserving of a seat at mcdonald's. The creator of this game is lacking testosterone and has no artistic substance to them at all, they are ugly, whoever made this game is a bad mark on humanity. I'm going to go vomit now. Expand
  40. Oct 3, 2012
    Why are there so many mindless zeroes? Yes this game had flaws but now I feel that I am forced to give it a 10 to hopefully raise its metascore a little. No it wasn't nearly as good as any other RE game but it was still okay.
  41. Oct 3, 2012
    It seems they looked at what made games like cod sell and decided to throw everything out that made the originals amazing, and dump in some half assed components familiar with action games, which they didn't even get right either.
    If your idea of fun is a broken camera, dull visuals,a thrown together story, quick time events every 5 steps and zombies that now use cover and fire weapons, then maybe you will get 10 minutes of fun out of this.
    Though if you expect it to be anything like past resident evil games, you will be in for quite a shock.
    RE6 and capcom are an insult on gaming in general.
  42. Oct 3, 2012
    I should of known better. This is not resident evil. After playing for one day, I returned it. It's got plenty of qte action(not for me) , where is the horror? Short answer not in this game. Capcom has really dropped the ball with this one. Resident evil went from top tier to gutter trash. Avoid at all costs.
  43. Oct 3, 2012
    You really gotta be a super nerd to give this game a 0. I've been playing Resident Evil since the 1st entry on Playstation. There have been a lot of missteps in the franchise over the years, but this is not one of them. I'm about halfway through the campaign for Leon Kennedy and I've had a great time so far. The graphics and animations are amazing. The gameplay is a nice step up fromYou really gotta be a super nerd to give this game a 0. I've been playing Resident Evil since the 1st entry on Playstation. There have been a lot of missteps in the franchise over the years, but this is not one of them. I'm about halfway through the campaign for Leon Kennedy and I've had a great time so far. The graphics and animations are amazing. The gameplay is a nice step up from Resident Evil 5. I don't know what these nerds are whining about. Expand
  44. Oct 3, 2012
    Normally I don't post reviews on every game I buy, but this time I had to because of the sheer amount of Negative feedback. I like this game a lot, and contrary to what some of the negative reviewers may say, I am a true fan of the series. I still have the old toys that came out sitting on my shelf with the comics. That said, this game isn't like the old ones, there aren't a ton ofNormally I don't post reviews on every game I buy, but this time I had to because of the sheer amount of Negative feedback. I like this game a lot, and contrary to what some of the negative reviewers may say, I am a true fan of the series. I still have the old toys that came out sitting on my shelf with the comics. That said, this game isn't like the old ones, there aren't a ton of puzzles to search through and grab the key for or anything. It is a drastic departure from other members of the series, following much closer in line with Resident Evil 5. It is more action oriented, keeping up with the times and general populace of those who play games more predominately now. Bullets are more readily available, dropping from most enemies, but the enemies take a lot of bullets to put down. The melee system is pretty cool, nothing like spin kicking a zombie to finish them, and conserve some bullets. The game is more realistic, having you transverse buildings, and I do find Leon's campaign to be the most creepy of the bunch. I would as the negative reviewers to judge the game based on its own merit of what it tries to be, and not based on its predecessors, but that is not required here. The game has its negative aspects, like the quicktime events, lord I hate those. The story is pretty good, I wont spoil it here, but I thought it was interesting. So in closing the game isn't perfect, but it is good. You can listen to the "fanboys" I guess if you want, but I don't get some of their arguments. "Capcom just wants money", Well of course they do, they don't make games for sunshine and rainbows. This game is overall a quality game, worth the money, and If you have a good friend play the co-op. Expand
  45. Oct 3, 2012
    This game isn't so bad that it deserves such a low user score. However, it's still probably the worst game in the core Resident Evil series. There is no horror to be had here, and the gruesome elements such as disembodied monsters, blood leaking everywhere and slimy monsters don't really have the effect that they had years ago as we've all been desensitised by it over the years.

As for

As for the actual gameplay, it's very rigid, the characters are very one-dimensional (I feel no compassion for any of the characters and I feel no threat or fear from any of the enemies), and the quick-time events (QTEs) are almost as common as the ones you'd find in a game like Heavy Rain (and that game was JUST a bunch of QTEs). However it's still quite fun shooting your way through the levels, it's just a shame there is barely any atmosphere or interactivity. The graphics are disappointing. Some textures are downright ridiculous, and makes the game feel as if it was rushed. The game in general has an unfinished feel about it.

It's a shame, as Resident Evil 5 actually felt like it had some substance, you had more control over your abilities and there was actually a couple of reasons to wander off in the levels. Here, there is nothing like that. There are some abilities you can enhance your character with but to be honest it's not the same as being able to upgrade your weapons selectively. I'm sure you've already made your conclusion about the game already, but as a person who's played all of the core Resident Evil games since the first one on the Sega Saturn, I'd say it's a pretty good game in general, but as a Resident Evil fan I'm massively disappointed.
  46. Oct 3, 2012
    so far i have completed 2 of the campaigns, and this is a really slid game. It's much better than RE5 and most of the series spin-offs. I don't understand why this has a lower score than operation raccoon city, which was god awful. this isn't game of the year, but it does what it sets out to do: provide an impressive story with intense action and a few good scares. As i am writing thisso far i have completed 2 of the campaigns, and this is a really slid game. It's much better than RE5 and most of the series spin-offs. I don't understand why this has a lower score than operation raccoon city, which was god awful. this isn't game of the year, but it does what it sets out to do: provide an impressive story with intense action and a few good scares. As i am writing this there is a review on my screen calling japan a "hotbed of nazism." what's going on with people lately? it's really bizarre to me. Expand
  47. Oct 3, 2012
    BIG SIGH CAPCOM, are you happy now? You have your BIG **** ACTION GAME, good job. Im sure you made every 12 year old cream their pants for you exploding helicopters and roundhouse kicking zombies in the face, who cares if you killed the mood with your nonstop "crank it to 'leven" shenanigans, the disjointed, frankly STUPID storytelling, the plain jane boring ass characters, makes me wantBIG SIGH CAPCOM, are you happy now? You have your BIG **** ACTION GAME, good job. Im sure you made every 12 year old cream their pants for you exploding helicopters and roundhouse kicking zombies in the face, who cares if you killed the mood with your nonstop "crank it to 'leven" shenanigans, the disjointed, frankly STUPID storytelling, the plain jane boring ass characters, makes me want to grab you by the collar, slam your head against the ceiling and spit/shout in your corrupted face. **** YOU Expand
  48. Oct 3, 2012
    As a fan of the original Resident Evil's (1-3) I must say that I was actually impressed by this game. Firstly, I adore Sherry Birkin and am so happy to see her after the events of Resident Evil 2. The game as a whole, I enjoyed. The controls are smooth and responsive, the visuals are the most breath-taking I've ever seen and the plot is intriguing. I'm not sure what people aren't likingAs a fan of the original Resident Evil's (1-3) I must say that I was actually impressed by this game. Firstly, I adore Sherry Birkin and am so happy to see her after the events of Resident Evil 2. The game as a whole, I enjoyed. The controls are smooth and responsive, the visuals are the most breath-taking I've ever seen and the plot is intriguing. I'm not sure what people aren't liking about it; sure, Resident Evil is supposed to be a 'survival-horror' game, but we must all accept that once the beta of Resident Evil 4 was scrapped, those days were over. Any true fan of the series would be happy with what they were given (granted what they were given wasn't unquestionable garbage) I enjoyed almost all the quick time events and the only thing that really 'annoyed' me about the game was that Ada seems incapable of death... I am not a fan of Call of Duty or Battlefield, nor do I play either (regularly) but I can guarantee that this game will be getting plenty of hours logged on my Xbox. Expand
  49. Oct 3, 2012
    Where is the horror? Things have changed. You used to pour hours into finding the solutions to mind-bending and dangerous puzzles, collecting clues and keys, while at the same time trying to stay alive long enough to make it worth your while, unraveling the deep riveting story and plot twists as you went. It is also worth noting that this was all usually done ALONE, or at best with ONEWhere is the horror? Things have changed. You used to pour hours into finding the solutions to mind-bending and dangerous puzzles, collecting clues and keys, while at the same time trying to stay alive long enough to make it worth your while, unraveling the deep riveting story and plot twists as you went. It is also worth noting that this was all usually done ALONE, or at best with ONE other person. Survival horror is **** dead. I have little to no hope in it's miraculous resurrection with Dead Space 3. You **** maggots with your swag and your YOLO, and your 3 second twitch-reactionary, call of duty clone, shallow, soulless, corporate bile, gaming appetites have desecrated another great series. Having actually given the game a fair honest chance, 40+ hours of an honest chance, I can say with complete genuine sincerity that this game can be a very entertaining co-op romp, bursting with "features" and "modes", and the graphics are as close to top-notch as consoles will permit, however, if you're looking for any remnant of a real "RESIDENT EVIL" game, you're in for soul crushing disappointment. It's a mediocre action game at best, albeit a very uninspired and cowardly action game, at best. Survival horror was and is my favorite gaming genre, but it's also a genre that's been on life-support for some time now. The first Dead Space gave me hope, and the second one was pretty good too. Survival horror used to be a genre exclusively for the hardcore, intelligent, adult gamer who would be forcefully thrown, alone, into a mature world where every closed door could open into your impending death at the hands of some unnameable horror. This genre has always been a niche (minority) gaming genre with loyal fans, however, major AAA gaming corporation (like Capcom) realize that the fanbase for such games is relatively low, so to make more money they must cater to the "casual" gamers, kids, college bros, fps fanboys, overly protective mothers, etc., by turning the pure horror element into a call of duty style, run-and-gun, over-the-top, action, co-op, multiplayer, leaderboard infested, perversion of an original idea. Essentially, they must reach the widest demographic possible to make the most money (because they've done studies that show that the average consumer's attention span is lower than ever and call of duty/FPS games sell right now), so they let every possible money making influence stick their dicks in the original idea pie, resulting in something like RESIDENT EVIL 6. No horror to be had, but tons of visual pleasing, run-and-gun, call of duty inspired, action packed, co-op moments, and any mentioning of survival horror influence laden therein just makes me **** sick. I have nothing against people who find these polished turds entertaining, because it ultimately comes down to how much you value your time. Some people's entertainment time is nothing more than to simply kill time between working and sleeping. I value my gaming time as if it were an artform, and I appreciate all the subtle nuances, mechanics, underlying plots, inspirations, symbolism, subtle references, etc. My gaming time is sacred, and I'll only spend my money on the highest caliber of art within my set of subjective genre preferences, which happens to be the one getting the shaft at the moment; survival horror. It's a bad joke, and it's literally at your expense. I know a lot of you want the game to be good so badly that you're willing to find any possible rationalization to convince yourself that this game is still worthy of the title on the disk, but it's not. I've done my grieving for the series a long time ago, and it may take some of you fans a little bit longer to wake up to the truth and realize that what you once cherished has now mutated into something uninspired, unoriginal, and bloated. Maybe some of you have noticed already...Go ahead, pour your 30-40 hours in, beat all the difficulties, get your achievements/trophies, then head to MULTIPLAYER, patiently await overpriced DLC that you can throw more of your money at, like a sad tired junkie waiting for the next placebo fix. If anyone granting this game a positive review is even half of the fan they may claim to be, then I know with near certainty that they too must be as upset over this soulless trash as I am. How could they not be? They may not want to admit it now for various reasons, but in time, it will sink in. On the inside, true fans everywhere are reeling in a feeling of deep repulsion and betrayal, and the numerous list of growing negative user-reviews reflects that. Something's horribly wrong here...Here's a surefire litmus-test to tell a "real" fan of the series from the fake ones, the one's whose only knowledge of the game is from #4 forward, ask them if they know what an "ink ribbon" is, and more importantly, if they've ever used one! BOTTOM LINE: I give it a one in memorandum of the name on the disk. They should change the name. Expand
  50. Oct 3, 2012
    This entry in the series is much better than 5. Some much thrills, kills, scares, plus multiple player campaigns make RE5 look like a walk in the park, I personally loved it and the fact that REAL zombies are back makes me supper happy, True it is not with out its flaws but you can really tell capcom pour alot of hard work and money into it. So if you love a good horror game this one isThis entry in the series is much better than 5. Some much thrills, kills, scares, plus multiple player campaigns make RE5 look like a walk in the park, I personally loved it and the fact that REAL zombies are back makes me supper happy, True it is not with out its flaws but you can really tell capcom pour alot of hard work and money into it. So if you love a good horror game this one is for you. Besides you gotta play something scary until Dead Space 3 comes out! Expand
  51. Oct 3, 2012
    The worst gaming experience of the current generation. Is a shame. I threw the money making this purchase. capcom ripped me off. Never again buy a numerical game saga
  52. Oct 3, 2012
    this game sucks, i never go by the reviews of any website but i should have waited to see how it fared it but didnt do it. so i went last night n stood up in line for an hour to get this game i even missed work to play all day. this was the worse game of the year. i feel robbed.
  53. Oct 3, 2012
    People keep putting 10/10 reviews for this horrible game.
    Capcom will never again get a cent from me.
    For those who say this is a great action game do realise that this is the resident evil franchise that is supposed to be survival horror. Truth of the matter is that Capcom wanted to go 'mainstream' and 'casual' and thought that it would work on an established franchise instead of a
    People keep putting 10/10 reviews for this horrible game.
    Capcom will never again get a cent from me.

Truth of the matter is that Capcom wanted to go 'mainstream' and 'casual' and thought that it would work on an established franchise instead of a new IP.
    Turns out they got a lot of free sales from people who put their faith in Capcom and bought what they thought was a "Resident Evil' game.
    I don't think I've ever been so disappointed by a game as much as this and the user reviews and score shows that.

There is no saving this, the RE franchise is gone.

For the die hard fans try the demo at the very least before you spend your money.
  54. Oct 2, 2012
    After about ten hours of gameplay something completely different came to my mind - the tv-show Mythbusters. For those who watch Mythbusters know that the show have changed over the years. In the beginning it was interesting and intelligent and all about myths and nowadays it's all explosions and guns and they have almost abandoned the original concept. The show is stupid and "dumbified"After about ten hours of gameplay something completely different came to my mind - the tv-show Mythbusters. For those who watch Mythbusters know that the show have changed over the years. In the beginning it was interesting and intelligent and all about myths and nowadays it's all explosions and guns and they have almost abandoned the original concept. The show is stupid and "dumbified" and that's what i feel about Resident Evil 6 - it's dumbified. The horror is gone and so is the puzzles. Every time you confront those extremely few puzzles in the game they are mind numbingly easy and dumb so you wonder why they even bothered to include them in the game. The game is filled to the brim with quick time events and cut scenes which chops the gameplay to pieces.
    I have a whole lot of bad things to say about this game, but i'm going to keep this short. The good things are the graphics and the cut scenes are very intense and well made.
    When i watched interviews with the developers they promised us some "old school" Resident Evil and that made me exited for this game. Maybe they have started to listen to the fans after all and decided to take a step away from the very action oriented Resident Evil 5. But what did they do? They took a huge step away from the old shool and a giant leap into the action genre instead and dumbified it.
    We all realize that Capcom can't go back to basics. Games must evolve. But why oh why did they totally abandon the horror, the scares, the puzzles and the intensity that was the loved soul that made Resident Evil stand out from everything else to become this dumbified action game?
  55. Oct 2, 2012
    I hope this serves as a wake up call Capcom. We do NOT want our series turned into third person Call Of Duty. You are NOT activision and Resident Evil Is NOT third person Cod. Wake up! Resident Evil ORC FAILED for being focused on action. This game FAILED for being focused on action. Whats next? Another bad installment? No just no. This is the final straw. Im totally done with thisI hope this serves as a wake up call Capcom. We do NOT want our series turned into third person Call Of Duty. You are NOT activision and Resident Evil Is NOT third person Cod. Wake up! Resident Evil ORC FAILED for being focused on action. This game FAILED for being focused on action. Whats next? Another bad installment? No just no. This is the final straw. Im totally done with this franchise forever. The games died when you released 4, The Movies died at afterlife... Wow... you REALLY dont know how to please fans. Please please PLEASE do NOT remake Resident Evil 2. You say you are if fans want it, but all you will do is make it that crap behind the back camera and make it non scary and all action. Goodbye Resident Evil. RIP.

Even AMY the game is better then this trash. At least it knows how to be scary...
  56. Oct 2, 2012
    Huge letdown. I was expecting 5 and 4's lovechild, but I got a balls to the wall non stop testosterone action game that wasn't even a good action game at that. On top of all that, it's 30+ hours with all campaigns. No joke, each one is 8 hours. If you really want to try it out, just rent it. Save your money and wait for dishonered and other triple A title coming this year.
  57. Oct 2, 2012
    honestly people that say this game sucks are snobby resident evil fanboys, they say this game is nothing like the originals, but that's like saying Xbox 360 is nothing like the first Playstation. Of course it's different, it's 2012. The games weren't even that good to begin with when you think about it, and i'm glad to see them pumping new stuff into a game. Makes NO sense to keep the gamehonestly people that say this game sucks are snobby resident evil fanboys, they say this game is nothing like the originals, but that's like saying Xbox 360 is nothing like the first Playstation. Of course it's different, it's 2012. The games weren't even that good to begin with when you think about it, and i'm glad to see them pumping new stuff into a game. Makes NO sense to keep the game the way it was, it would just feel like an expansion pack. People keep complaining that it's like Gears of War. Nothing under the sun is original, Gears is one of the most successfull videogame franchises, it makes sense to borrow a few pages from their book. If these fans were so diehard they'd accept that their sub-par cult game finally made the awesome leap it was bound to make. Because that's what Resident Evil is, a cult game. Now it finally can be recognized as top contender in the videogame industry. Expand
  58. Oct 2, 2012
    Alright, i have had a tough time coming to terms that the games of my childhood are destined to get worse and worse. RE6 takes the games that i love(note i loved RE4) and made it into a mockery, I bought this game without hesitation hoping it would be awesome cause hey, RE5 was alright. This is an embarrassment, I dont wanna button mash in my resident evil games!! I regret getting thisAlright, i have had a tough time coming to terms that the games of my childhood are destined to get worse and worse. RE6 takes the games that i love(note i loved RE4) and made it into a mockery, I bought this game without hesitation hoping it would be awesome cause hey, RE5 was alright. This is an embarrassment, I dont wanna button mash in my resident evil games!! I regret getting this game, as i did with Final Fantasy 13, Silent Hill homecoming, and this is where it ends for me, RE6 has ruined the series for me and im done with it. Im sticking with games that are actually good, dead space, Bioshock and fallout are games series i can count on. Expand
  59. Oct 2, 2012
    Its a evolution of the original resident evil series, but is a good game, just give it a try. Don't let this trolls scare to you, play the demo or go with a friend and try it.
  60. Oct 2, 2012
    i really feel like RE6 is a mess, but at the same time i'm really enjoying it. it's not perfect in the slightest, but the trolling it's received is totally unjust, and sounds more like angry fanboy flaming than real reviewing. it is a fun game, it definitely isn't bad. it was just overly ambitious and wound up being a mishmash of so many things... and nothing like what it used to be... buti really feel like RE6 is a mess, but at the same time i'm really enjoying it. it's not perfect in the slightest, but the trolling it's received is totally unjust, and sounds more like angry fanboy flaming than real reviewing. it is a fun game, it definitely isn't bad. it was just overly ambitious and wound up being a mishmash of so many things... and nothing like what it used to be... but i still absolutely love it. Expand
  61. Oct 2, 2012
    Not Bad, just not exactly good. The Controls are a bit wonky, they can be very unresponsive at times. The need for a cover system slightly confuses me since you are fighting Zombies. It does offer some good fun moments. If you had to say which campaign was the best, I would have to say that Ada Wongs one is, because you are isolated and there are more puzzles, like old school ResidentNot Bad, just not exactly good. The Controls are a bit wonky, they can be very unresponsive at times. The need for a cover system slightly confuses me since you are fighting Zombies. It does offer some good fun moments. If you had to say which campaign was the best, I would have to say that Ada Wongs one is, because you are isolated and there are more puzzles, like old school Resident Evil. The Multiplayer modes are decent, but once again not great. The cutscenes are excellent though. One thing I do not understand is why Capcom does not go back to the Horror mechanics and gameplay. Thank goodness you can now move and shoot, but still we need horror. This is just way too different. I reckon if this was not a Resident Evil game I would have scored it higher, but since it is, I have to give it a 6. Dissapointing, I was really hoping for a return to the good. Expand
  62. Oct 2, 2012
    A pretty smooth, beautiful-looking game that's better than both RE5 and the abysmal title that was Operation Racoon City. Plenty of things to kill, great environments, an actual story for once--what's not to like? Controls are smooth, and there's not a copious amount of ammo so you're pressed for killing-ability at times. I would like to say that those looking for a survival-horror gameA pretty smooth, beautiful-looking game that's better than both RE5 and the abysmal title that was Operation Racoon City. Plenty of things to kill, great environments, an actual story for once--what's not to like? Controls are smooth, and there's not a copious amount of ammo so you're pressed for killing-ability at times. I would like to say that those looking for a survival-horror game should not look here, and that's canon. Why? BSAA is a supranational organization that knows everything about BOWs (Bio-Organic Weapons) and has strike teams completely designed to eliminate threats in combat sectors. Do you know what that means? You're no longer a lost little agent in a backwater town completely unfamiliar with BOWs--everyone knows all of them you know just how to kill them, and that's what you do. It's no longer survival horror, it's action-horror. There's a difference and it's canon because everyone knows how to deal with these situations and they're no longer scary. Really fun game though, there's very few co-op shooters out there and this is probably the best. Expand
  63. Oct 2, 2012
    This game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is justThis game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is just fundamentally a bad game through and through. Bad controls, bad dialog, bad story, bad camera, bad atmosphere.. the list goes on and on. Sure, casuals will love it and say it's amazing but we all know gamer IQ has drastically dropped this gen and most newer gamers (who this game will primarily appeal to) have been reduced to brain dead morons. Sadly, Capcom has catered to these people while throwing a large bucket of videogame feces on the rest of us. I think we can all agree that this series is essentially dead. RIP Resident Evil series. You were once a mighty God of the videogame industry and now you've been reduced to a flushed turd down a toilet drain Expand
  64. Oct 2, 2012
    I really enjoyed RE5 as an action game personally. I did not have high hopes for this game in regards to it being a survival horror game. I went in with no real expectations genre wise. The controls are a lot tighter, graphics are smooth and the frame rate is consistent. The fact that people are giving this game anything from a 0-5 rating is just unfair and shows that these people areI really enjoyed RE5 as an action game personally. I did not have high hopes for this game in regards to it being a survival horror game. I went in with no real expectations genre wise. The controls are a lot tighter, graphics are smooth and the frame rate is consistent. The fact that people are giving this game anything from a 0-5 rating is just unfair and shows that these people are getting defensive due to the game not meeting their their idea of what this game should be. They are not rating this game on what it is; it's a good game. Would GOW3 of gotten a 0? How about Uncharted 3? No they wouldn't of. If you were to give this game a score based on any number of measurable parameters and not the ones you make up then you would have to give this game a decent score. However you are entitled to your completely biased hatred barely an excuse for an opinion review. Seriously people need to grow up. Of course I'm sure a bunch of these reviews are from 12 and 13 year children so what can you really expect? The game is solid as a 3rd person action shooter not as a survival shooter as it once was. Please give this game a chance and you'll see that is worth while fi you are a fan 0of this genre. Don't hate on it because your preconceived notions of what this franchise should be is obscuring your ability to reason and make sound judgments. Some people worked hard on this game and it shows(in some parts more then others; it's not perfect but it's not a 0. The entirety of the vision that was intended to be assembled here didn't come to fruition but, there are glimpses of the picture that was to intended to be perceived. A little bit more direction would of gone along way. yet this is still a solid action title. 30+ of good game play. You get 5 maybe 6 from some major franchises these day if your lucky. I probably would actually give this title more along the lines of an 8.5 or an 8 but, there is no 8.5 button and I figured that I would try and balance out some of these 0's. Good game give it try. Expand
  65. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, I want to get one thing straight. This isn't a "bad" game by any stretch. On the contrary, for the sum of its parts, it contains some of the greatest moments in any Resident Evil game ever. Looking at it on its own, it deserves no less than an 8 in my opinion. However, if you take into account the game's betrayal to Resident Evil's survival horror roots that fans have sorelyFirst of all, I want to get one thing straight. This isn't a "bad" game by any stretch. On the contrary, for the sum of its parts, it contains some of the greatest moments in any Resident Evil game ever. Looking at it on its own, it deserves no less than an 8 in my opinion. However, if you take into account the game's betrayal to Resident Evil's survival horror roots that fans have sorely sought after since Resident Evil 4, the over use of QTE's (quick time events), and the constant repetition of action set pieces to flesh out the individual campaigns, this game is so disappointing it warrants no more than a 4 from any fan. As usual, fans are the worst critics, and Metacritic once again has become a mouthpiece for their scathing hatred that is understandable but completely unacceptable and unfair. As a fan of the series, I can only say that this wasn't the game I wanted, nor the direction I wanted the franchise to stray into. I will, however, be fair to the developers of this game who clearly tried to create a larger-than-life Resident Evil experience with admirable flair, but failed only because they didn't stay true to the formula that garnered the tremendous fan base that is now outraged. 8 Expand
  66. Oct 2, 2012
    These people giving scores lower than a 6 are just absolutely being haters. theres no reason for that. it's a good game. awesome graphics, and a fun time. nothing wrong with controls or anything. load screens seem to be the only real problem... i don't know what you people are talking about. i'm a huge fan of the series and this one ROCKS!
  67. Oct 2, 2012
    I am amazed. Amazed at how bad this game is. It's important to note that I have enjoyed all the previous Resident Evil games before this (meaning 1 through 5) and Resident Evil 4 is truly one of my absolute favorite games of all time. The good? The production values. The cut scenes, at times annoying, can be impressive to watch but can get very obnoxious to sit through when one isI am amazed. Amazed at how bad this game is. It's important to note that I have enjoyed all the previous Resident Evil games before this (meaning 1 through 5) and Resident Evil 4 is truly one of my absolute favorite games of all time. The good? The production values. The cut scenes, at times annoying, can be impressive to watch but can get very obnoxious to sit through when one is over and then you get to literally walk down a street for 10 feet and then have to sit through another one. This isn't a good game. And what's important to note is that Capcom made 7 million copies of this mess. So if you're at all interested in buying this game, just wait a few months, this game will drop in price quicker than any other. Expand
  68. Oct 2, 2012
    This is literally the worst Resident Evil game yet, i start the campaign, and everything is really stupid. Shoot this shoot that go over there, OMG big scary monster! Like come on i beat Jake and Leons campaign in just about 6 hours! this is what i get for playing this on my day off. I am done with Resident Evil hasn't been a good one since RE4. They have it all wrong. The sound effectsThis is literally the worst Resident Evil game yet, i start the campaign, and everything is really stupid. Shoot this shoot that go over there, OMG big scary monster! Like come on i beat Jake and Leons campaign in just about 6 hours! this is what i get for playing this on my day off. I am done with Resident Evil hasn't been a good one since RE4. They have it all wrong. The sound effects are like diarrhea coming out of a trumpets ass! Expand
  69. Oct 2, 2012
    Don't listen to the blind fanboys, this game sux hard, it look like a PSP game ported to HD consoles, the gameplay is awful, just look to THE LAST OF US and you will see a real sorvivor game, keep your money for a better games, if you buy it Crapcom will kill the next games, and RE7 will suck even harder than this mess;)
  70. Oct 2, 2012
    All I have to say is that if user reviews state "Amazing Spiderman" as high as 70's, then none of the users have any idea what constitutes a good video game. Play the demo, try it out. I bought it this morning, and have been enjoying it so far. its not a 10 out of 10, but these negative reviews are ridiculous.
  71. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the most dissapointing game of 2012. This game isn't RE. Its Gears of Evilfield 6. Instead of fallowing the traditional RE formula, Capcom decides to spice things up a bit by adding QTE's to everything and dumbing down the gameplay. The game isn't even scary anymore once you know that you have a lot of guns and don't burn through ammo as much as RE4. I'm a huge RE fan and I quiteBy far the most dissapointing game of 2012. This game isn't RE. Its Gears of Evilfield 6. Instead of fallowing the traditional RE formula, Capcom decides to spice things up a bit by adding QTE's to everything and dumbing down the gameplay. The game isn't even scary anymore once you know that you have a lot of guns and don't burn through ammo as much as RE4. I'm a huge RE fan and I quite frankly see that Capcom is becoming the next Blizzard Entertainment. By the way, the gameplay is way to dull. Legit like 3/4 of this game is cut scenes while the other quarter is actual gameplay. It feels like i'm playing the sequal to Heavy Rain. They should probably call it Gears of Evil Rain 2. The cover system is broken as is the agent game mode. It's a big game with 4 campaigns and all but the only interesting campaign is Leon's and quite frankly it's where I had the most fun. There are some very memorable stuff in this campaign and it's the only plus that I can think of in this game besides the graphics and sounds which are great. The story overall is well written too for Leon's campaign. The other stories are all scattered and thats a shame. They all do end up making a likeable ending though. Leon's campaign would get an 8 from me and the rest of a game gets a 1. If you're a fan of RE like me,then be prepared to be let down. However, if you're a fan of Gears of War, then this game is for you. So long Capcom and RE. Its been fun. Expand
  72. Oct 2, 2012
    This game is a literal piece of crap. Crapcom totally shat the bed with this turkey. I felt like I had a mental instability due to the camera. Also if you are not Japanese and do not study viruses this game is clearly not for you. I had no idea what the frick was going on half the time. Also the President is a fricking zombie!!!! WTF in these trying times I can't deal with that manyThis game is a literal piece of crap. Crapcom totally shat the bed with this turkey. I felt like I had a mental instability due to the camera. Also if you are not Japanese and do not study viruses this game is clearly not for you. I had no idea what the frick was going on half the time. Also the President is a fricking zombie!!!! WTF in these trying times I can't deal with that many emotions at once. Good job Cap com, or should I say Crapcom. You have fricked me for the last time. Expand
  73. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, it has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  74. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goesI don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goes nowhere (having 4 tasteless campaigns), has poor pacing, broken mechanics and an idiotic argument (even for this franchise). In short, it's a simple mess which feels more like a long chore than a game.
    To fanboys: RE will not die if this installment sinks, but it will if you try to keep it alive.
  75. Oct 2, 2012
    Dark Souls is the best game i ever played, i cant believe people are **** all over it. Leon is such a good character. So is chis. The old Dark Souls was better though, the one with clair, capcom needs to put her in another game.
  76. Oct 2, 2012
    The game has really lost it's charm and what it once was, and it's okay for sequels to strive of their original style, the Resident Evil 5 direction was a bold one. Yet, it worked, maybe not flawlessly but it was acceptable. This is just a shooter with "zombies", I won't lie, it is quite disappointing. The gameplay is clunky and the graphics look like a step back for some odd reason.The game has really lost it's charm and what it once was, and it's okay for sequels to strive of their original style, the Resident Evil 5 direction was a bold one. Yet, it worked, maybe not flawlessly but it was acceptable. This is just a shooter with "zombies", I won't lie, it is quite disappointing. The gameplay is clunky and the graphics look like a step back for some odd reason. Pre-ordered it, got it, now I want to sell it Expand
  77. Oct 2, 2012
    This is just terrible. I used to be the biggest Capcom and RE fan ever, but I wont be buying another Resident Evil game after this one. The last Resident Evil game was total garbage (raccoon city) and this really isn't any better. I wish I had never bought it. I rarely trade games in but I'll be taking this game back to gamestop today.
  78. Oct 2, 2012
    I suspect the reviews might actually balance out after the initial disappointment and such wears off. Resident Evil 6 is not a perfect game. Yes, you're funneled down a linear path quite often (which is exactly like Resi 5 and people weren't getting as annoyed over that, but I digress). There's an overabundance of QTE events, to say the least, which is also a bit boring over timeI suspect the reviews might actually balance out after the initial disappointment and such wears off. Resident Evil 6 is not a perfect game. Yes, you're funneled down a linear path quite often (which is exactly like Resi 5 and people weren't getting as annoyed over that, but I digress). There's an overabundance of QTE events, to say the least, which is also a bit boring over time (though admittedly they do sometimes work to create tension when failing once or twice doesn't make you lose the whole thing, so you start to freak out, etc). The camera is off sometimes, albeit not too often, and the scripted events can often spring out of nowhere and kill you before you really have a chance to react. This, however, isn't a fair assessment of the game. No, it doesn't rise to the giddy heights of Resident Evil 4, but I'd say it's a step up on Resident Evil 5. As bad as the dialogue is (and that's a subjective issue; I actually find the bad dialogue pretty funny, though I understand why others might disagree) the story and narrative weaving together is actually extremely interesting. Without spoilers, there's more than a few moments where you see a scene you've already played, and suddenly realise how it fits in with the overall plot. Those are good. After the clusterf*ck that was the Resident Evil 2 timeline with its two scenarios, it's nice to see Capcom capable of making a plot that fits together.

I'm also a big fan of melee counters. They're reminiscent of the dodge mechanic in Resident Evil 3; press the dodge button (RT) at the correct time, and you knock away or reverse an enemy swing. The reaction time is fast enough to be rewarding when you make it, without necessarily making every single attack easy to avoid. The melee system on the whole is pretty good; asides from the fact you can perform kicks and punches without shooting first, the same head/arm/leg set-ups still apply from Resi 5 and work well. The new dodge system...I never found too many practical uses for it, in all honesty. It was helpful sometimes, but it's more a flashy addition. But the gunplay works well; the addition of quickfire was nice, as was the stamina bar to prevent melee attacks from becoming *too* overpowered. All in all, combat is still enjoyable, particularly when the game throws larger and larger hordes of enemies at you to test your abilities. Jake's melee abilities in particular are pretty fun once you get a knack for them.

The biggest thing you have to accept with Resident Evil 6 is the fact it's really moved on from being survival horror. Honestly, I always figured that was a given after 5, and expected 6 accordingly. No, it's not the greatest third person action game ever made, but it's pretty fun if you can take the rough with the smooth. Yes, it can be a bit repetitive. But then you have moments where everything's going to hell, and the quality experience Capcom are capable of producing shines through. As it was with Resident Evil 5, from a purely fun perspective, the game is brilliant with co-op.

Resident Evil 6 is inconsistent, for sure. But it tries. It tries really, really hard. For every moment you're facepalming at bad dialogue or another QTE, there's another two where you're forced to flee from an overwhelming enemy, fighting off foes from all sides, and those are the moments that'll stick with you. And at 33 hours long, it's a good length. Resi 5 took 8 hours at best, and that wasn't consistent either. So be patient. By all means, rent Resident Evil 6 or borrow it from your buttclenched friend, and give it a try. It's not a game for everyone. People who were looking for perfection will sadly be disappointed. But for those who want to see more of the Resident Evil storyline and characters, who want to kick back with a mate and enjoy some action, and can deal with a bit of linearity, you could really do a whole lot worse.

This is not a survival horror. It's a good, solid action game, and for those of you who expected that, you won't be disappointed.
  79. Oct 2, 2012
    Superb game. It's sad to see it's been the target for a lynch mob of fanatical internet trolls but as we all know, sites like this have given the most intellectually handicapped people a soap box for venting their rancor. Not only do they undermine a game of substantial quality but they pervert the Metacritic score system to the point where it becomes curupted and meaningless. Because ofSuperb game. It's sad to see it's been the target for a lynch mob of fanatical internet trolls but as we all know, sites like this have given the most intellectually handicapped people a soap box for venting their rancor. Not only do they undermine a game of substantial quality but they pervert the Metacritic score system to the point where it becomes curupted and meaningless. Because of this I have awarded the game a 10 when 9 is perhaps more appropriate. The series has moved on from being a minimalist survival horror game but Resident Evil 6 is nevertheless a superbly realised and imaginative action adventure game with great graphics and some eye popping set pieces. It's pure videogame and a pleasure to play. Good job Capcom! Expand
  80. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for evenBy far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for even more co op even more action even more non stop shooting & completely removal of any survival, atmosphere & puzzle solving & that's the result.. my advice to all old RE fans out there? AVOID AT ALL COST! Expand
  81. Oct 2, 2012
    Not only is this game the worst RE game, it's also the worst action game out there. Playing this game is like watching a movie because there's a cutscene every 30 seconds, except this movie has a **** camera, more button mashing quicktime events than Mario Party and non-fluid animations. The following is a summation of the whole game: Cutscene, quick time event, cutscene, shoot 2 monsters,Not only is this game the worst RE game, it's also the worst action game out there. Playing this game is like watching a movie because there's a cutscene every 30 seconds, except this movie has a **** camera, more button mashing quicktime events than Mario Party and non-fluid animations. The following is a summation of the whole game: Cutscene, quick time event, cutscene, shoot 2 monsters, cutscene, shoot 3 monsters, cutscene, open door, cutscene, run towards the camera away from something huge, kill the something huge boss in 2 shots, cutscene, rinse and repeat. Expand
  82. Oct 2, 2012
    I've played both demos and the actual game. I've followed the game's progress and seen plenty of reviews and all I can say is that the game is a top notch title. The reviews online have been all over the place. Great scores and low scores. Please, don't let that influence you. The best thing that I can tell you is to play the demo on Xbox Live or PSN. Find some reviews that break down theI've played both demos and the actual game. I've followed the game's progress and seen plenty of reviews and all I can say is that the game is a top notch title. The reviews online have been all over the place. Great scores and low scores. Please, don't let that influence you. The best thing that I can tell you is to play the demo on Xbox Live or PSN. Find some reviews that break down the goods and bads with the title. Go to a friend's house that has the game and try it. Then come to your own conclusion. Over 600 people worked on this game in a span of 3 years and it shows. Many people complain about it not being scary enough. Leon's campaign is a bit creepy, but the series has been changing throughout the years. That doesn't mean that the game is a bad game.

It has it's quirks, but the sheer number of gameplay hours, campaigns, modes, multiplayer, online options, ranking, co-op, story, etc. more than makes up for some of the quirks. No game is perfect and this game isn't, but in the end, it's a damn good game with replay value. Plus, you have plenty of in-game options to tweak it to your liking.

For example: Agent Hunt mode is a really cool mode idea: "In a nod to Demon's Souls, Agent Hunt lets players invade other Resident Evil 6 games. While some hapless player is trying to fight their way through the game's first campaign as Leon Kennedy or Helena Harper, you jump in, take control of a zombie or a dog and try to kill them. If they kill you, no problem! You spawn as another zombie, another dog or, well, some really nasty monsters with some crazy attack moves."

So, educate yourself first. Do your homework on the game if your skeptical and don't let anyone trolling/hating on this title bring you down. You have nothing to worry about, this game is a blast.
  83. Oct 2, 2012
    Crapcom blew it, both in gameplay and milking consumers dry. The franchise continues to go down hill after resident evil 5 and the aspects of survival horror is completely gone. It's now a michael bay film crammed with too many ideas as bigger doesn't always mean better. They even take my hatred a step further by locking multiplayer content, content which should already be included withCrapcom blew it, both in gameplay and milking consumers dry. The franchise continues to go down hill after resident evil 5 and the aspects of survival horror is completely gone. It's now a michael bay film crammed with too many ideas as bigger doesn't always mean better. They even take my hatred a step further by locking multiplayer content, content which should already be included with the game. Sure multiplayer isn't what makes the series, but it would have been nice if it were included. I guess $60 isn't enough for these greedy **** I even prepared for this game by purchasing resident evil 4 and code veronica all over again and I can say, it is nothing like those games. This is what happens when you try to appeal to a wider audience. Keep the franchise how it was meant to be played and refrain from over the top action. 0 out of 10. screw you capcom for raping my wallet. Expand
  84. Oct 2, 2012
    Great game with loads of content. I was unsure of who to begin with and decided to go the easy route: Leon (whom I was anxious for), Chris (which at first seemed like a chore to play through), and then Jake (which I was unsure but open-minded about). It;s basically 2 and 1/2 games in one. Plus there is Mercenaries. Definitely worth buying for the story and for anybody interested in theGreat game with loads of content. I was unsure of who to begin with and decided to go the easy route: Leon (whom I was anxious for), Chris (which at first seemed like a chore to play through), and then Jake (which I was unsure but open-minded about). It;s basically 2 and 1/2 games in one. Plus there is Mercenaries. Definitely worth buying for the story and for anybody interested in the series with an open-mind. Enjoy the mysteries of Resident Evil once more, throughout 3 campaigns! Expand
  85. Oct 2, 2012
    As an action game Resident Evil 6 is a fun and enjoyable adventure full of memorable set pieces and zombie shooting! However only the Leon and Ada campaigns offer some semblance and feel of the original PS1 Resident Evil titles, but the series is evolving and it has to in order to compete in the modern gaming climate.
  86. Oct 2, 2012
    I apologize to Metacritic for having to put up with user troll reviews, these people are out to get Capcom, it doesn't matter if they played it or not and dates back to the Megaman deal a long while back. They truly don't know a thing. My overall of the game suggest this new entry is very solid, but with minor issues that could be patched later on. I would have to see it's on par with RE5I apologize to Metacritic for having to put up with user troll reviews, these people are out to get Capcom, it doesn't matter if they played it or not and dates back to the Megaman deal a long while back. They truly don't know a thing. My overall of the game suggest this new entry is very solid, but with minor issues that could be patched later on. I would have to see it's on par with RE5 in the Action-horror genre, but while trying to mix things with the characters that feels like different experience, especially with Leon, keep doing good Capcom, this is your story and your game, and these trolls don't dictate what you should do! Expand
  87. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the worse chapter of the series.. I hope capcom will do something like resident evil revelation on 3ds on the near future, or something like resident evil 0-1 for gamecube.. really this game suck
  88. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the first time I have seen a metacritic score so incredibly, mind bogglingly low, that the only explanation is that there is a cult of people on facebook dedicated to getting their way into the Guinness book of world records. Seriously though, I played a bit of this game, it looks awesome, and while the quicktime pissed me off the zombie shooting is, well, zombie shooting. AndThis is the first time I have seen a metacritic score so incredibly, mind bogglingly low, that the only explanation is that there is a cult of people on facebook dedicated to getting their way into the Guinness book of world records. Seriously though, I played a bit of this game, it looks awesome, and while the quicktime pissed me off the zombie shooting is, well, zombie shooting. And the whole epic, macho zombie apocalypse atmosphere that the movies have done so well seems to have found its way into the game, and I can't say that's necessarily a bad thing. In fact, the main reason I didn't like it is I had no idea what was going on, because I have played none, yes none, of the other games. And for the record, I really hope that they work more of the Wizard of Oz into the RE franchise.
    And you only need to look as far as the usernames of some of the downvoters to see they are kinda sorta only messing with you. ResidentEvil992, Trololool, qwertyz.
  89. Oct 2, 2012
    Horrible game, Capcom almost literally took a **** on all of their fans with this piece of garbage. It's sad, really but probably for the best since we likely won't get another resident evil game after this, thank god to that.
  90. Oct 2, 2012
    Well... where do we start, this is the worst Resident Evil that has come out, and Im not going to review it from the "its not a survival horror" point of view, im reviewing it as it is.
    Graphics are okay, some model problems and other stuff with the landscape makes it laggy sometimes
    Gameplay: the camera system is horrible, even walking can result tedious and crappy, the shooting system is like resident evil 5, which was unexpected.
    Sound: maybe the "only" strong point, the voices are the only good thing about this game
    Multiplayer: coop only, playing with IA has been improved but still shows some errors

Rating: 4/10. So much hype for a crappy repetitive game and special asnwer for @Mizar: seriously: "Gameplay: 10 its like RE 4 but with more explosions and characters can it be better? fun: 100000" ??? "People are only butthurt because their sucky REmake and stupid control " ??? You havent played any of the resident evil right?
  91. Oct 2, 2012
    To start of with, the content is decent. Multiple campaigns and good long game play, which at some points can feel a little drawn out. Long chapters as well really boost the length of the game and move with good pace to ensure your not dungeon crawling through a subway system or desolate city. The game doesn't move much past the controls and dynamics of the previous release, with the sameTo start of with, the content is decent. Multiple campaigns and good long game play, which at some points can feel a little drawn out. Long chapters as well really boost the length of the game and move with good pace to ensure your not dungeon crawling through a subway system or desolate city. The game doesn't move much past the controls and dynamics of the previous release, with the same over the shoulder angle and computer controlled melee attacks. The melee attacks are a lot more rounded, however, and feel useful especially early in game. The gun and weapon effects are good and powerful; if you shoot the knee you notice the difference but could easily have been better.
    At one or two points stagnant zombies laying in wait for a timed event to happen are considered environment, only minutes later to come "to life", which seems a little peculiar and unrealistic especially if you've just unloaded a few rounds at them. If your familiar with the interface of the previous game your going to have to learn another one, but really boost the amount of equipment you can carry. Not complex but fiddly to start. If you a fan of the previous iteration then your not going to be disappointed and you may be used to the change if you played through the series.
    Bad points: Similar to the previous, some better AI and less mindless mindless zombies.
    Good points: A sense of completionist accomplishment, decent action and decent fun. You also get to shoot zombies in the face all under the name of Redfield.
  92. Oct 2, 2012
    I stood in line to buy this last night and got aobut 3 hours into it. As a RE fan, I am extremely, extremely disappointed. Rushed, disorganized, and downright shameful to the series (even worse than Operation Racoon city). If i could go back in time and cancel my preorder and get my money back, I would :(
  93. Oct 2, 2012
    Its amazing how many 0's I see given to this installment of Resident Evil. ZERO should be reserved for the most base, inane, broken titles out there. Metacritic allows for people to submit their opinions, no matter how skewed, as some false basis for 'fact' - and its just plain old stupid. The title in no way deserves such abomnable scores - but in todays world of entitlement and 'I dontIts amazing how many 0's I see given to this installment of Resident Evil. ZERO should be reserved for the most base, inane, broken titles out there. Metacritic allows for people to submit their opinions, no matter how skewed, as some false basis for 'fact' - and its just plain old stupid. The title in no way deserves such abomnable scores - but in todays world of entitlement and 'I dont like it so you arent allowed to like it' mindsets - this is what you get. If you like the Resident Evil franchise, you've probably already played it - if not, give it a go and then dig into the earlier catalog for some classic RE gameplay. Expand
  94. Oct 2, 2012
    If you like Resident Evil, you will not like this game. It should be titled, "Call of Zombies". This game is a total COD wannabe with infinite QTEs in place of a good game. Save your $60. Tell Capcom we will not support this kind of crap.
  95. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and othersRE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and others people would enjoy this game to me one of the bets game of the year along whit borderlands and max payne 3 dont be a hater this game is great and the effects MW3 troolls cant hurt a game thaht is good by its owns rights, and stop criying about its no more survival horror stop that makes look peolpe stupid the survival genre has died long time ago **** it died whit RE 3 and silent hill 3 asswhipes Expand
  96. Oct 2, 2012
    There is much troll on this page, this game and they will destroy their multiaccounts like call of duty and diablo 3, but unfortunately did not have anything to do if not **** and put 0 to a game that, while for many has been the best work ... personally has been the best game of resident evil .. varied and fun game.
  97. Oct 2, 2012
    I will review this game as if i were one of the many retarded people who submit badly spelled, ridiculously excitable and highly annoying reviews on this site. Here goes. WOW fabularse game, gratist gayme ever mayde, besterist graphics ever seen by hooman eyez man, downt listen trolls to the, nothing know they peoples do. sound 63 out of 10 its sounds better than a tree falling on aI will review this game as if i were one of the many retarded people who submit badly spelled, ridiculously excitable and highly annoying reviews on this site. Here goes. WOW fabularse game, gratist gayme ever mayde, besterist graphics ever seen by hooman eyez man, downt listen trolls to the, nothing know they peoples do. sound 63 out of 10 its sounds better than a tree falling on a hamster bro's, grephcis 87 owt oz 10 this game is so sexual lokoing that it is really betterer than a bagfull of megan foxeriz., gaymeplay 1,000,000 out 0v 10 theres stuuf and fings and stuff everywhere and fings, this relly is btteer than cod everyday of the week, awesumness mans and that, gooter goes nah and felch my preoredered copyz from ver shop, skillz and that to you peoples of the game sites, overaalls score 1 outs of500,000,000.2 Expand
  98. Oct 2, 2012
    An absolute mess of a game, you call this "Resident Evil"? what a horrible, HORRIBLE joke, this is nothing more than a cookie cutter, linear scripted third person shooter with HORRID controls, a HORRIBLE aiming system, a MASSIVE over reliance on crappy Quick Time Events, a LOAD of boring endurance rounds (hold out until the chopper arrives!) and the list goes on. The people currentlyAn absolute mess of a game, you call this "Resident Evil"? what a horrible, HORRIBLE joke, this is nothing more than a cookie cutter, linear scripted third person shooter with HORRID controls, a HORRIBLE aiming system, a MASSIVE over reliance on crappy Quick Time Events, a LOAD of boring endurance rounds (hold out until the chopper arrives!) and the list goes on. The people currently giving this game high scores are the EXACT same people that will be bored of the game in a few days, there's no replay value, WHY ON EARTH would you want o play through this game a second time when it's SO horribly scripted and linear? what's the point? it's garbage! the general game design is BAD.

Can't wait for people to beat their current stage of denial and come to terms with their buyers remorse, and then start complaining about the game, but here's the kicker, THE GAME IS GOING TO SELL AMAZINGLY, well done guys! because we all love crappy linear action shooting games don't we? Unbelievable, it's just a huge shame that this had to happen to one of my favourite, and one of the most UNIQUE franchises out there, it's a shadow of its former self and a rip off of every modern shooter currently on the market, there's FAR too many games like this already, things need to change otherwise games will CONTINUE to be like this, Capcom see the trend people! DO something to change it.
  99. Oct 2, 2012
    Crapcom keeps finding ways to make RE worst, if you're a old resident evil fan you won't find much here and if you're looking a for a good third person shooter you should look elsewhere too.
  100. Oct 2, 2012
    Is no gaming series safe from over-casualization? Of becoming another Call of duty clone but overwhelmingly worse? Capcom continues this trend with RE 6. Quite simply, everyone is sick of fps' and the industry needs to wake up.

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.