Resident Evil 6 Xbox 360

5.0

1. Feb 15, 2013
    great cod clone! better zombies,guns and action... but cod has more and better horror scenes. its a cod clone without horror ;D
  2. Feb 11, 2013
    Do not listen to any bad reviews about this game! From walking and shooting to quick shots this game has evolved into the most amazing resident evil game there is! It is great to play and the overall game play is very comfortable and enjoyable. The QTEs are understandable because it makes it realistic, if you get grabbed by a creature it's not just going to get off of you you have to workDo not listen to any bad reviews about this game! From walking and shooting to quick shots this game has evolved into the most amazing resident evil game there is! It is great to play and the overall game play is very comfortable and enjoyable. The QTEs are understandable because it makes it realistic, if you get grabbed by a creature it's not just going to get off of you you have to work for it! Gamers will never be happy if it changes too much they will complain and if it doesn't change enough they will cry for more change. This game is perfect i love every resident evil game and own almost every one and this is by far the best one and i am still playing it four months later and will keep playing it! Good job Capcom you guys are doing great! Expand
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    there note 3/10, much less average 67/100. If there is, it means that the graph is 3/10, the game-play is 4/10, and was made ​​an average 67/100, one word: incompetence. These reviewers do not know how to recognize the best and worst of the game, if something is bad, they think everything is bad, but it is not. RE 6 is a game of ups and downs which is a must for fans of the franchise,there note 3/10, much less average 67/100. If there is, it means that the graph is 3/10, the game-play is 4/10, and was made ​​an average 67/100, one word: incompetence. These reviewers do not know how to recognize the best and worst of the game, if something is bad, they think everything is bad, but it is not. RE 6 is a game of ups and downs which is a must for fans of the franchise, where you're reading, you may not have liked the game, fine, but to say that the game is bad? Be man grows better: make a game better than the RE 6, to be able say that the game is bad! Expand
  4. Feb 9, 2013
    Worst game of 2012. just a lot of over dramatic cut scenes and quick time events with some soulless action between.
    You think ppl lie when they tell you its crap, they don't, my disc is destroyed, wont RE-sell it, as nobody should play this game.
  5. Feb 5, 2013
    The only game in existence that I have ever played that actually makes the recent Call Of Duty games look, well, good, in comparison. I can't comprehend as to how people would give this game a 9 or a 10!. I believe that it honestly deserves a 0, it's one of the very few games that I would give this review score, because it has no redeemable qualities.

The First thing wrong with the

The First thing wrong with the game is the utterly ridiculous, broken gameplay. It is very obvious Capcom was trying to combine many things generally considered good or likable, such as TPcover (broken) or Co-op (useless pointless). The end result is a game with a confused identity, allowing the player to perform many actions mixing up gameplay elements which would've been a complete game it their own right, failing to deliver on each aspect of gameplay, leading to very terrible, broken gameplay mechanics. Gameplay for all 3 campaigns is the same, believe it or not, the same, just put in a different atmosphere environment. Even as a generic shooter, this game fails to deliver. I'm not critisizing the gameplay because it drifts away from RE. But even if this game did not carry the RE name. It is still terrible gameplay, would probably get around a 20 some score on this website. Lower than Suvivor!!!!
    It is clear Capcom tried to make the game more like left 4 dead with the co-op guantlet style play. Co-op is simply opening doors together. There isn't any kind of teamwork neccessary or even avaliable besides that. It fails even as a zombie shooter, poor balancing issues found in ORC make a return, leading to very minimal fun from shooting zombies.

The other main problem that I will mention is the complete lack of atmosphere. Many people who game the game a good review say that the leon campaign felt very RE like, with the zombies all. I'm here to tell you that's not true, the leon campaign is also the basis of a blockbuster horror movie, involving nothing but shooting zombies. Sure the Chris campaign is like a michael bay film, but the Leon one is like a blockbuster zombie film. Like RE Apocalypse if you will.

I don't usually tend to give games 0's. Only if they lack any kind of redeemability what so ever. RE also suffers from a complete lack of presentation story progression, very little plot or character devlopment, awful controls, an awful camera. It really is terrible, even as a co-op game, character bonding is at a minimal. I am not inpressed.

Review score: 4/100
  6. Jan 31, 2013
    Aburrido, lento y decepcionante. De todas las innovaciones, quizá tan sólo pueda salvarse el sistema de cámara detrás del hombro. Por lo demás, en ningún aspecto mejora a sus predecesores: estamos ante un vulgar shooter que se ha querido vender como algo superior.
  7. Jan 30, 2013
    I am a huge resident evil fan. I have the entire main series, as well as two of the side games. I unfortunately add owning Resident Evil 6 to that list. I got through two chapters of Chris' storyline and cannot take any more. Clumsy controls, nauseating camera angles, and an aiming system that seems to do away with the aiming part. The only reason I even gave RE6 a 2/10 was becauseI am a huge resident evil fan. I have the entire main series, as well as two of the side games. I unfortunately add owning Resident Evil 6 to that list. I got through two chapters of Chris' storyline and cannot take any more. Clumsy controls, nauseating camera angles, and an aiming system that seems to do away with the aiming part. The only reason I even gave RE6 a 2/10 was because the story arc seemed interesting, and I liked the idea of different characters different action. That being said, I couldn't put up with the many flaws to even find out how it ends. Expand
  8. Jan 27, 2013
    In my eyes, with RE5 and 6, Capcom completely whored out their Resident Evil franchise to make money, damaging their high reputation of beeing able to deliver awesome horror/survival games. This mess called Resident Evil 6 is the logic consequence of people buying the mess that Resident Evil 5 already was. Just really makes me wonder how RE7 will look like. Imho they can either go back toIn my eyes, with RE5 and 6, Capcom completely whored out their Resident Evil franchise to make money, damaging their high reputation of beeing able to deliver awesome horror/survival games. This mess called Resident Evil 6 is the logic consequence of people buying the mess that Resident Evil 5 already was. Just really makes me wonder how RE7 will look like. Imho they can either go back to horror and survival, or finally kill their franchise with an even more dumbed down action game. Expand
  9. Jan 26, 2013
    The Game is Fun. But It SUCKS. Resident Evil use to have some horror and RE 4 was its shining point. I didnt bother to play 5 or raccon because of all the bad press. Then one night friend brings over Resident Evil 6. Then i see that RE 6 SHOOTY instead of horror. Second in leon's campaign has absolutely no ammo and i had to rely on the duke nukem kicks through half of it. Third the f**kingThe Game is Fun. But It SUCKS. Resident Evil use to have some horror and RE 4 was its shining point. I didnt bother to play 5 or raccon because of all the bad press. Then one night friend brings over Resident Evil 6. Then i see that RE 6 SHOOTY instead of horror. Second in leon's campaign has absolutely no ammo and i had to rely on the duke nukem kicks through half of it. Third the f**king QUICK TIME EVENTS. Every five second PRESS X. The good of the game is the co op and maybe the upcoming multiplayer but RE6 gets this low score because it is so dissapointing. CAPCOM is spiraling downwards. Expand
  10. Jan 26, 2013
    WHY CAPCOM? WHHYYYY? This is another one of my Favorite franchises butchered like a pig in front of my eyes. This is Resident Evil trying to be like a big budget shooter. Capcom just threw different aspects of action games together and expected them to fit. CAPCOM instead of building on this formula take 2 steps back. It'll benefit everyone.
  11. Jan 25, 2013
    The game is just great! I am very glad that it changed from a slow sadness, to active fun! The game has become more dynamic and lively. I am very pleased that Tsaptsom decided to make changes to the game, as they went to her only benefit! To all fans of zombies, I recommend!
  12. Jan 23, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 right was not what everyone expected more now we have two important details to choose from, a note 4.7 for a game so famous? 4.7 re6 deserves as terror, more like action / adventure game and much more.
    must gather all the good points of the game as it is not possible that the game does not have any point to make it as good to earn at least a 6.0
  13. Jan 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game looks better than disappointing re 5.Leon campaign is one of the best,puzzles,slow zombies,dark environment and much better than RE4 talking about controllings.Talking about Chris and Jake campaign is a bit disappointing reminds RE movies new series and it's a bit sucks.About Ada's campaign it's one of the best too because of the puzzles gameplay there is many puzzles and interesting storyline.The good thing is that this game is long and you won't be bored because of this game variety.Overall graphics,controls,storyline is amazing but gameplay and zombies sucks at some campaigns. Expand
  14. Jan 15, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is monotonous, boring and extremely bad gameplay. Are missing the atmosphere, exploration and puzzles of the first deliveries. Delivery is not recommended.
  15. Jan 1, 2013
    Ok ok so... i am writing this review in hopes of getting anyone that doesn't wanna play this game based on metacritics score. Forget the the number its total B.S this game deserves to be played all the reviews that i read had silly reasons to bash the game with. I recommend ppl to read NZgamers review on the game they had it spot on. So now i am goin to to say my opinion on the game. SoOk ok so... i am writing this review in hopes of getting anyone that doesn't wanna play this game based on metacritics score. Forget the the number its total B.S this game deserves to be played all the reviews that i read had silly reasons to bash the game with. I recommend ppl to read NZgamers review on the game they had it spot on. So now i am goin to to say my opinion on the game. So when the this game came out i personally never played a resident evil game before till this year when i downloaded resident evil 4 of marketplace at first i thought wow this game sucks lol mostly because the controls were so strange but after a alittle bit of learning them i got into the game. Which now is on my list of one the best games i have played.so naturally after finishing the 4th one i rushed to the nearest gamestop to get the 5th one again i was impressed with game and to notice on how the gameplay seemed to evolve above the 4th game i loved the changes they made to the game style it fit perfectly to the situations u were put in. Again the 5th game just blew me away. Thats why when i finally came around to the sixth one i was shocked to see sooo much hate towards it i was like what the hell whats goin on lol. So i was curious about what capcom did to make ppl dislike the 6th one. So i got the game sat down and right from the start i got a big smile on my face finally they let me have full control of my character its like u can move like the cut scenes from the 4th and 5th games. I was again impressed with this franchise. The story and how its presented was amazing every campaign u play through adds more to the story which makes for a unique experience. Like the whole game is just so cleverly presented its mind blowing lol. So for all the ppl hating on it plz really times change game changes it simple i dont understand why you would want to be the same game like the first or 2nd i mean really? Then we be hearing things like this game is the same thing over and over like ppl do with cod. So heres my score on this game i give it a 9.8 because the game looks awesome the controls are some of the best ever far superior to the last 2 games. The characters and story is just perfectly woven together through a timeline the c virus is badass and far mre deadlier then and thing any of the other viruses plus it gave rise to some crazy monster variations. The only things that hold it from a 10 is just the large amount of quick time events they ok but sometimes it was abit excessive. O and one mre thing that makes this game awesome is join other ppls game as infected which was awesome plus other mulitiplayer options. All in all if ur a true resident evil fan u can accept change and welcome it because this is the best resident evil game yet period. Expand
  16. Dec 30, 2012
    After reading all the bad comments everywhere, my expectations were low. After playing the game, I don't understand the zero ratings (seriously?).
    No, this is not Resident Evil 1, 2 or 3. It's not about conserving ammo and running around on old mansions. It's action oriented like Resident Evil 5. Does that make it a bad game or a zero rating game? No it does not. It's an excellent game, that does have some flaws, obviously. The button tapping scenes for instance, can be a bit irritating. But it's a great game nonetheless.
  17. Dec 28, 2012
    I have only tried the DEMO version so far, but then again, it satisfied me more than the past games when I first played them. Resident Evil 6 is a totally new game that will entertain gamers even if they've never played a Resident Evil game before.
  18. Dec 22, 2012
    Don't believe any positive reviews you read about this game. Everything that made previous Resident Evil games successful has been done away with. There is no horror element in this game, the camera angle is awful, the only attack you need is melee and the action element is WAY too heavy. Capcom really hurt their reputation with this game. I rented the game and returned it the same day.Don't believe any positive reviews you read about this game. Everything that made previous Resident Evil games successful has been done away with. There is no horror element in this game, the camera angle is awful, the only attack you need is melee and the action element is WAY too heavy. Capcom really hurt their reputation with this game. I rented the game and returned it the same day. Stay away from this game. It truly is awful. Expand
  19. Dec 22, 2012
    Don't be fooled by the trailer with the beginning of Leon's campaign, this is no longer a survival horror series. It's straight up 3rd person shooter. If you had any fun with RE5, you'll have some fun with this one as well. Chris's gun-centric campaign is downright awful though - the controls are still **** so you'll be constantly knocked on your ass by gunfire, taking several secondsDon't be fooled by the trailer with the beginning of Leon's campaign, this is no longer a survival horror series. It's straight up 3rd person shooter. If you had any fun with RE5, you'll have some fun with this one as well. Chris's gun-centric campaign is downright awful though - the controls are still **** so you'll be constantly knocked on your ass by gunfire, taking several seconds to get back up. Sometimes this will happen several times in a row and there is literally nothing you can do to stop it. Expand
  20. Dec 21, 2012
    Awful game. Another one stitched together by overlong and boring cut scenes that dont enhance the game. Press A press B etc do dodge things when they tell you. Not horror survival, not first person shooter just an awful outside corridoors type of action game ........with very little action or game. I think they should have just made a movie as this is what the game appears to be tryingAwful game. Another one stitched together by overlong and boring cut scenes that dont enhance the game. Press A press B etc do dodge things when they tell you. Not horror survival, not first person shooter just an awful outside corridoors type of action game ........with very little action or game. I think they should have just made a movie as this is what the game appears to be trying to be.
    I didnt believe the low scores before i bought this game but i do now!
  21. Dec 17, 2012
    i really don't know why everybody hates this game so much. it's not a rehashing of the old games and that seems to be all people want. that's really boring. they took it to a new angle and it's interesting. it's not perfect but it's a good game.
  22. Dec 16, 2012
    CHEESY PEACE OF CAKE, I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH I COULD EVEN EAT A CAKE WITH MY YELLOW TEETH AND CRY... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE GAMES, C*APCOM! GOODLUCK
  23. Dec 15, 2012
    NO FEAR NO RESIDENT. Crapcom keeps finding ways to make RE worst, if you're a old resident evil fan you won't find much here and if you're looking a for a good third person shooter you should look elsewhere too.
  24. Dec 15, 2012
    The first time I played this game, it felt amazing, but after eating Leon's story (the first story I played with), the game got a bit boring. Like I said before, it just gets a bit boring, but this game immerses you in a great story. The gameplay is different, but the controls are better now; you can move in any way you want, dodge the enemies, and more.
  25. Dec 15, 2012
    This **** piece of **** game is the Nickelback of gaming history, Capcom should be ashamed of having their logo stamped on this abomination, we should just pretend it doesn't exist and move on.
  26. Dec 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wouldn't normally write a review based on about 2 hours of playing a game, but I'm at the point where I can't even force myself to carry on with Resident Evil 6.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Resident Evil. I mean, thanks to RE5 - not the best in the series by a long shot, but still an enjoyable experience - I use Wesker's final scream of "CHRIIIIIS!!" as my username on most things now. The first 3 games were great survival horror games, and the only thing that let Code Veronica down was it's cartoony graphic style. RE4 took the series in a great new direction, and RE5 built on that and added a fun co-op mechanic. Then things started going downhill - Operation Raccoon City was painful to play, but I had no idea that the usual Resident Evil team would use that as the basis for RE6!
    Resident Evil 6 is a third-person action game, and a bad one at that. It starts out with a big explosion, and the next thing you know you're running away from exploding cars and flying a damaged helicopter through a big city. Not the best way to draw someone in to what is essentially a zombie game.

As I said at the start of this review, I've only played a couple of hours. The first chapter of Leon's campaign to be precise. And it was such an awful, clunky, Quick Time Event-ridden mess that I straight up refused to carry on. I was killed constantly by trains and cars because the QTE for dodging didn't come up thanks to another QTE for killing a zombie overriding it. It's QTE-ception!
    Anyway, the controls aren't great, despite finally being able to run without holding a button (you still use A to sprint, but it's a start at least). For some reason, the melee attacks are so powerful you can take down a standard zombie in about 3 hits. Each hit stun-locks them as well, making this the go-to approach for thinning the herds. A HUGE departure from ammo-conserving survival horror.

The first chapter of Leon's campaign consisted of a nice, atmospheric run through a dark, almost abandoned college campus. "This is getting better", I thought. WRONG! Jump scares and kicking zombies to death! The kicking part might sound cool, but it's actually pretty boring, and feels rigid when you're actually doing it. The amount of QTEs is too damn high as well. "Quick, tap A! Wiggle the left stick! Press X to not die!" This is not my idea of fun. That being said, the bit where you get in a car and have to search for the keys, start it up, and drive off before the zombies break in and kill you was pretty tense though, and a good way of handling QTEs. Shame about the hundreds of other bad uses of them in this game.
    My interest in the game gradually lessened by the underground section - narrow corridors where you can barely see anything (even with the brightness turned up), trains coming along with very little warning - see the QTE issue I previously mentioned - and zombies literally jumping at you out of the shadows. Sounds fun. Tense, even. Nope. It's painfully dull, and this is where the cheap deaths began.
    Shortly after the awful underground section, you're back on street level. Zombies everywhere, but that's not the problem. Cars come out of nowhere with absolutely no warning or way to tell where they're going to veer off.

After getting flattened by an ambulance whilst getting screamed at by a REALLY ANNOYING enemy a bunch of times, I gave up. I simply wasn't having fun. The game is a chore to play, and so far the story isn't even interesting. I have no reason to carry on with it.

So, the positive things about this game... The graphics are nice, despite being horrendously dark, and the sound design is good, but not the best out there by far. Gameplay is generic and feels like a slightly improved Operation Raccoon City, which isn't a good thing. Story just isn't interesting so far. I can't honestly recommend RE6 to Resident Evil fans, let alone anyone else. If you feel that you absolutely MUST play this game, rent it. Don't waste your money on it.

My 3 out of 10 is based on the graphic/sound design. Like I said, it's pretty good. I can't honestly say a positive thing about the gameplay. It's just that bad.
  27. Dec 12, 2012
    Ein gutes action Spiel, aber ein schlechtes Resident Evil. Enttäuschender Teil.
    A good action game, but a bad Resident Evil. Disappointing part of the game series.
  28. Dec 10, 2012
    The 0's on this game are completely ridiculous. I don't believe this is a perfect game this is just to counter all the exaggeration from fans of the series. I would put this game at about a 6 not terrible or amazing but decent. This is not the same survival horror it used to be it is a linear TPS with coop. I've played about 6 hours into it so far in coop with a friend and we are having aThe 0's on this game are completely ridiculous. I don't believe this is a perfect game this is just to counter all the exaggeration from fans of the series. I would put this game at about a 6 not terrible or amazing but decent. This is not the same survival horror it used to be it is a linear TPS with coop. I've played about 6 hours into it so far in coop with a friend and we are having a blast. So I admit i can't give an opinion on the single player and honestly I don't think i would want to do it. There is still some aspect of ammo conservation if you're playing on professional since the zombies don't always go down that easily. It also does create that feel of desperation if you're being swarmed by zombies and the feeling of teamwork when you have to help your partner when he/she gets caught. QTE I feel is more a matter of preference and i like it but many don't. QTE isn't all that prevalent in the game though since it's usually focused around bosses. In terms of controls and gameplay i don't see what everyone is making a big deal about. I manage to play the game just fine. My biggest gripe with the gameplay is the cutscenes are placed in very annoying spots. If their are zombies nearby and you enter a cutscene next thing you know they're right next to you. Graphics are average and a little good at best. I just wish people would rate the game on its merit and not simply as a comparison to what it was before. It's not a perfect game and it's definitely not what it was but it is not what many fans of the series make it out to be. Play a demo at least give it a chance to see if you enjoy it although i would advise you to bring a friend. Expand
  29. Dec 5, 2012
    Obviously if you were a big fan of this series from the beginning, you might say this game sucks because it's not a survival horror anymore. That is NOT a legitimate reason to dislike something, contrary to what many base their negative reviews on. If you like action games, then this game is great fun. I played the older games as well, but somehow I still find it in my heart to like thisObviously if you were a big fan of this series from the beginning, you might say this game sucks because it's not a survival horror anymore. That is NOT a legitimate reason to dislike something, contrary to what many base their negative reviews on. If you like action games, then this game is great fun. I played the older games as well, but somehow I still find it in my heart to like this game. Many have bias towards the original games, so judgement towards this game is clouded, and as a result the reception ultimately suffers much more than it should. Which is a shame. For what this game is, it's pretty good. It's really fun to shoot and kill zombies/j'avo, the sliding and diving is fun, the melee is really enjoyable, the cutscenes are great, the graphics are beautiful, the sound is good, the story is interesting, I find the quick time events to be intense and fun (contrary to how everyone else feels), the mercenaries is great fun with a friend, and the four campaigns makes for a lengthy game. Of course, there are some bad things. Such as the camera can be annoying when it forces the angle towards something on the screen (you'd know if you play it); the skill/perk system seems cool and fun at first, but after a while is kind of lame and boring; the menu interface is a little lackluster and somewhat unorganized; and finally, the game has a sort of lower replay value compared to RE5. I mean, I still got 36 hours out of this game, but there's nothing I'd really go back for besides playing with a friend. Overall though, this game is just fun. And it always comes down to that in my eyes.

I do not truly give this game a 10 though. I think it deserves a solid 8.75. I just felt like I had to do my part to outweigh this unjust user score, even though I probably did nothing to change it.
  30. Nov 30, 2012
    A complete non-sense mess in form of a game. I like action games, i really do. But if you´re going to do an action game, you have to make a dynamic gameplay and a functional camera. If you pretend to make a crazy action scene, you have to give it context, so that it makes sense and doesn´t sound cheap. DONT SIMPLY put characters in a stupid story and doing crazy and meaninglessA complete non-sense mess in form of a game. I like action games, i really do. But if you´re going to do an action game, you have to make a dynamic gameplay and a functional camera. If you pretend to make a crazy action scene, you have to give it context, so that it makes sense and doesn´t sound cheap. DONT SIMPLY put characters in a stupid story and doing crazy and meaningless things just to make "impressive" action sequences in a action game! You´re insulting the intelligence of the players by doing so! The motive why that works on titles like Serious Sam and Duke Nukem it´s because they´re supposed to be a 80s action movie (they have context) but Resident Evil is the kind of franchise which we (the fans) ACTUALLY CARE about what happens to the main characters, the way that the story is driven and etc. If Capcom thinks that we will kiss her butt by giving us: a regular gameplay; bad camera; horrible partner A.I.; a multiplayer mode that nobody asked for; weakest storyline of the franchise; forgettable secondary characters like Piers; linear levels designed in the most claustrophobic way; millions of disposable quick time events and action sequences... they are wrong. We aren´t stupid, the user score on metacritic is a clear proof of that. Expand

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.