Resident Evil 6 Xbox 360

5.0

1. Mar 8, 2016
    Even though Resident Evil 6 is another shark-jumping moment for the series as it divulges in action game cliches and features plenty of over-the-top moments, I thought this game was nothing but dumb and somewhat ambitious fun.
  2. Dec 31, 2013
    Certamente não foi o melhor jogo da franquia, porém não foi o tão ruim, apesar de perder o o tom survivor mesmo assim um jogo divertido e cheio de ação.
  3. Mar 16, 2013
    Yup..it's Ninja Gaiden 3 all over again..A renowned Japanese series decided to include 'Western style' influences with mixed results. Just to be clear, I am a big fan of Resident Evil, and after the excellent, RE Revelations on the 3DS, I was thinking that Capcom has finally fixed some of the series shortcomings. Instead, that game only sold around 500-600 thousand copy worldwide so far.Yup..it's Ninja Gaiden 3 all over again..A renowned Japanese series decided to include 'Western style' influences with mixed results. Just to be clear, I am a big fan of Resident Evil, and after the excellent, RE Revelations on the 3DS, I was thinking that Capcom has finally fixed some of the series shortcomings. Instead, that game only sold around 500-600 thousand copy worldwide so far. Hence, this ambitious, but scatter shot installment of this series, which felt an amalgamation of Uncharted and Gears of War, mixed in with a bit of Call of Duty. The game is long with 4 campaigns, and contains some excellent production values. But by simply throwing everything to the wall,and expecting something to stick, Capcom made the game unfocused. This is one of Capcom's biggest production ever, which is also its shortcomings. Campaigns felt like they were designed by different teams (NOTE: they were). Nevertheless, it is still an exciting game, with some memorable scenes. In my opinion, it is an improvement over RE 5, but a step down from REVELATIONS. If you want classic RE, get REVELATIONS for the 3DS Collapse
  4. Jan 18, 2016
    Still playing this game (and not in a good way). I got this Christmas 2012 and played it here and there and so far, 3 years later, I've finished Leon's campaign and just finished Chapter 4 of Chris's. I can say that this game is not nearly as good as any previous Resident Evil. It's very clunky. The first Resident Evil will forever be a class as well as 2 and 4 and I even loved 5!

I

I cannot play this game in long bouts because well it's clunky and annoying. The camera angles are terrible and the responsiveness is awful. It's not that the responsiveness is really the problem, it's how the controls work with the game. It's just very awkward. Also, it's extremely hard to make it through the game without infinite ammo. There are waves and waves of zombies everywhere but I can't really do anything to them because I have no ammo yet it keeps giving me "survive the wave" and "kill all zombies" objectives. So it makes it to where it's a chore to even play the game.

The save feature is also terrible. Like I said before, I can usually make my plays of this game about 30 minutes before I start getting angry again and never wanna finish the game. But I'm stuck playing 2-3 hours anyway just to finish a chapter. But maybe these thoughts will change whenever I unlock infinite ammo on a gun.

I understand that survival horror is just that, conserving ammo for when it's needed and feeling like you're gonna run out of supplies but part of the classic 1st game is that there really aren't that many zombies to worry about. And they don't come in waves, and you're able to stock up before the time to use them is needed.

Now the good things I can say about the game is the graphics and story. It's cool how everyone's story is weaved in and the cinematics are nice. I also love the UI; I thought it was very creative.

All in all, I plan to eventually finish this game and hopefully it will be soon but playing through this game is such a chore. The first two are classic survival horror, 4 felt like Zelda with zombies, and 5, while different, still had an action game charm, but this doesn't feel anything remotely related to any of the above and will forever be the step-child of the series.
  5. May 30, 2013
    This game was disappointing, but I will give it some credit. In Leon's campaign, it did bring back a survival horror feel to the game with zombies and dark corridors, and I liked it a lot. I also liked the 3rd chapter in Chris's campaign where your squad is getting picked off one by one by a snake not on a plane. It adds tension Another thing I liked was Ada's campaign adding some prettyThis game was disappointing, but I will give it some credit. In Leon's campaign, it did bring back a survival horror feel to the game with zombies and dark corridors, and I liked it a lot. I also liked the 3rd chapter in Chris's campaign where your squad is getting picked off one by one by a snake not on a plane. It adds tension Another thing I liked was Ada's campaign adding some pretty challenging puzzles and nicely intertwined all 3 campaigns nicely. HOWEVER, this does not mean it was a great game. This game falls flat for trying to please fans of both parties. The fans who want it to be survival horror and does who prefer the action survival elements. And as a result it collapses in on itself. What killed tension and suspense is how much of a bad your character is. It doesn't matter who you're playing as, but you can easily dispatch enemies without a problem. If the opposition poses little to no threat, the tension is dissolved and it gets boring. There were times where the game clearly wanted you to run because of the overwhelming amount of enemies, but because it's so easy to kill them all and how much of a badass you are with unarmed combat, you can just stay there and whale on all the enemies. This is an ungraceful sequel that isn't as bad as other games I've played, but this is a stain on the Resident Evil franchise. Expand
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the perfect example of lots of good ideas being thrown together and compiled too quickly. Having 4 separate campaigns each with a unique feel is a good idea. Being forced to replay the exact same sequence in subsequent adventures and re-watching cutscenes is not. Four player co-op sounds great, but it only happens at those crossover events, so don't plan on playing with 3 friends from the beginning. The gunplay is improved, but now instead of action/horror we're playing a 3rd person shooter. The idea is to trade the fear, delicate planning and conservation of ammo, and puzzles for non-stop action and a thrilling story. While the action may be non-stop, the story isn't exactly compelling. It seems drawn from the same brilliant (sarcasm!) minds as the RE movies. To be fair the stories for past adventures weren't astounding, but if story was the focus, consider the ball dropped. And I find it strange that the producers have no problem converting Ada from thief to hero to villain over the course of the series, but seem to have a problem in displaying her in anything but red evening wear... even in a blizzard. (Note to producers: a female character can be sexy without slow motion graceful fighting or gratuitous cleavage). And they seem to be unable to show Chris in anything but a familiar green and gray uniform. Etc for the other familiars. As fans, we don't need the same costumes every time to know who the characters are. While I do applaud the "realism" of loading these professional agents with appropriate weapons from the get-go, that didn't need to take away from the classic loadout system and the occasional manifestation of a new and better weapon. Force me to use up my ammo and make the tough choice of holding on to an empty weapon in the hopes of finding more ammo and ditching my snipe rifle for the sure a less powerful .22 caliber pistol which I have a whole box of rounds. Further, why would you ever scrap the weapon upgrade system? And for a nearly useless skill system? There was a major opportunity for improvement missed. The quick time events were exciting and new in the RE:4, but now they seem to happen every 6 minutes. This means that in certain instances, instead of sitting back in accomplishment after beating a boss or reaching a major plot point, you have to be constantly ready in case someone attacks you in the middle of a monologue. At the very least Leon's segment felt familiar, but there was less searching, puzzle solving, and fearful tension than fighting off zombie after zombie with overpowered melee only to realize that I was going to have plenty of ammo coming. Chris' section was constant over the shoulder run and gunning where Chris keeps almost getting blown up. It was like playing Mass Effect 3 without the biotic powers. At least he finally meets Ada... Who is now insane. Jake's section is ridiculous. I'm firm in my belief that the "No Hope" tag line comes from the fact that the Ustanak is invincible. What hope does mankind have against that thing? Plus, I'm ok with shooting an occasional barrel such that it explodes, but is it necessary to fall back on this cliche for every overpowered enemy? I feel like RE:5 did a fair job at making these invincible boss fights varied. Maybe that's just comparatively. Still, there are improvements. Enemies are varied. Movement is better. Dodging, sliding, and taking cover are fun once you know what you're doing. Melee may see overpowered, but I enjoyed palming thrusting enemies end over end. Moreover, there are basically four separate stories. Huge amounts of game (with minimal repetition). Most of the game can be played with two players. Plus some set piece events are highly rewarding when you have a real live person covering your back. Mercenaries is back and even better with the new controls. If this were a new franchise, I would say it was a good first try. But coming off RE:5 which was decent, this feels lazy and as the scores indicate: insulting to longtime fans of the series. Expand
  7. Jul 25, 2014
    Good, but very disappointing. The combat was great, the graphics were good, the puzzles were meh but the story was repetitive, boring, and made no sense. This might be the most disappointing Resident evil I've played. Looking back at what 4 and 5 did, this is just sad. I really have nothing to say.
  8. Dec 15, 2014
    A good attempt at trying to pull off the mix of horror and action to please everyone, but just wasn't executed well. This story can be very over the top at times, which is normal for a Resident Evil game, but RE6 takes it to a new level. The co-op modes are fun, like the timed survival, but the campaign leaves a lot to be desired. The Leon campaign does feel familiar, and in my opinionA good attempt at trying to pull off the mix of horror and action to please everyone, but just wasn't executed well. This story can be very over the top at times, which is normal for a Resident Evil game, but RE6 takes it to a new level. The co-op modes are fun, like the timed survival, but the campaign leaves a lot to be desired. The Leon campaign does feel familiar, and in my opinion the best of the main three, but again it just gets to a point where the action takes over and is way too over the top. If it wasn't for the characters involved, this really wouldn't feel like a Resident Evil game at all. A decent game that can be fun to play at times, but doesn't hold up anywhere close to the series it is branching from. Expand
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    The game has really lost it's charm and what it once was, and it's okay for sequels to strive of their original style, the Resident Evil 5 direction was a bold one. Yet, it worked, maybe not flawlessly but it was acceptable. This is just a shooter with "zombies", I won't lie, it is quite disappointing. The gameplay is clunky and the graphics look like a step back for some odd reason.The game has really lost it's charm and what it once was, and it's okay for sequels to strive of their original style, the Resident Evil 5 direction was a bold one. Yet, it worked, maybe not flawlessly but it was acceptable. This is just a shooter with "zombies", I won't lie, it is quite disappointing. The gameplay is clunky and the graphics look like a step back for some odd reason. Pre-ordered it, got it, now I want to sell it Expand
  10. Sep 30, 2014
    As a Resi game this is bad. Really bad. But if you look at it as an action game, it's actually quite good. The visuals are great and the gameplay is fluid, but it's simply not Resi anymore. I'm bordering my score between what I'd rate it as an action game and what I'd rate it as a Resi game, 8 and 4 respectively.
  11. Oct 7, 2012
    I really liked this game, with the exception of the overused QTE's each campaign has a different play style. and caters for different types of players. Merc mode is amazing, especially the music. Leon's campaign is especially good, it brings back the Zombies which haven't been seen since Code Veronica, and they can also use guns and armor which means you have to mix up the tactics toI really liked this game, with the exception of the overused QTE's each campaign has a different play style. and caters for different types of players. Merc mode is amazing, especially the music. Leon's campaign is especially good, it brings back the Zombies which haven't been seen since Code Veronica, and they can also use guns and armor which means you have to mix up the tactics to take them out, instead of just popping them in the head.

Pulling off special moves is very satisfying, especially Chris' as he can lift up and J'avo and throw them to the ground. Getting back to what I don't like, is the QTE's. I think they are way overused in this game, and in some cases especially near the end of Leon's campaign the QTE doesn't seem to register that I pressed the right button at the right time.

There were also several moments where you have to run from things, and these are also way overused, there is at least one section in each campaign (Minus the prelude) where you have to do an indina jones style run away.

Is this a bad game? No it's not, and it's a shame that the people who have it a Zero are just CoD/Gears Fanboys.

This game is a solid action game, it has some elements to it, and I am happy that most of the un-needed puzzles from past RE games are not present.

Another thing I do not like is that each campaign (Apart from Chris') just starts. Take Leon's campaign, how did the president end up being infected in the first place? In fact how did the whole thing start? The story is all over the place, but once you get the jist of it you'll understand.

As I said this is not a bad game, it's a decent action title, but I don't think it should have been part of the main series. It probably would have been better as a spin off like ORC was.
  12. Jun 8, 2013
    Action horror. That's what this game is all about. It's not survival horror anymore. That's the thing: It lost its mystery and creativity. It's just a "KILL-DA-MONSTAH!!! Game". It's not original. But not everything is bad. The story (the videos in the game) are good. The campaigns are all related to each other and the graphics are excellent. Of course, Leon's campaign is the best oneAction horror. That's what this game is all about. It's not survival horror anymore. That's the thing: It lost its mystery and creativity. It's just a "KILL-DA-MONSTAH!!! Game". It's not original. But not everything is bad. The story (the videos in the game) are good. The campaigns are all related to each other and the graphics are excellent. Of course, Leon's campaign is the best one here, but the other ones are kind of worth playing too. I'd suggest you buying this only if you're not one of those fans who doesn't accept changes. If you're open to see a RE transition to action horror (like RE5), go ahead and buy it. Otherwise... keep out. Expand
  13. Oct 30, 2012
    I gotta say this game was very fun and very disappointing at the same time. Fun because I played split-screen co-op throughout the campaign with my brother, and enjoyed the story. But got very disappointed once I played Ada's campagin( which forces you to play single player) and realized how poor the game was. I didn't even make it through the first level of her campaign (that's how bad itI gotta say this game was very fun and very disappointing at the same time. Fun because I played split-screen co-op throughout the campaign with my brother, and enjoyed the story. But got very disappointed once I played Ada's campagin( which forces you to play single player) and realized how poor the game was. I didn't even make it through the first level of her campaign (that's how bad it was). Now the game has many flaws like the aiming in which the default aiming is broken but YOU HAVE TO SWITCH TO LASER SIGHT, IT'LL MAKE THE GAME MORE PLAYABLE. The deaths are also very cheap, and the camera angels are awkward and very off at times, in return also causing non-nonsensical deaths. Now all three campaigns are decent ( Leon's being my favorite) but very forgettable at the same time. I think this game would have been better received if Crapcom had given consumers a decent tutorial on how to use the changes they have made to the genre. Overall a decent game, but very disappointing, Woulda given it a 7, if it wasn't for Ada's campaign that left a bad taste in my mouth. If you have a weekend to spare, it won't hurt to play, but I wouldn't recommend buying this forgettable piece of Japanese trash. Expand
  14. Oct 24, 2012
    I haven't seen a game reviewed this poorly since The Expendables 2 Videogame! The game looks great, gives the player multiple experiences on one disc, enhances on the series, and is kick ass. What is going on here??? The story and the way it ties with each character is beyond good, it's great. The fear is not totally in your face but the feeling of isolation at points can be terrifying. DoI haven't seen a game reviewed this poorly since The Expendables 2 Videogame! The game looks great, gives the player multiple experiences on one disc, enhances on the series, and is kick ass. What is going on here??? The story and the way it ties with each character is beyond good, it's great. The fear is not totally in your face but the feeling of isolation at points can be terrifying. Do I like it more than a lot of games I have played... No. Do I recommend it to purchase... No. Do I think it deserves a 2 or a 4... Hell no. And if you think that it is worse than Operation Raccoon City... You should be put in a mental institution. I would love to read some thoughts from the haters and talk about what they think on the podcast, send me a tweet @LiquidPodcast so I can get your opinions out to my listeners. I'd like a healthy debate. And hear my full review with your comments on the show, http://liquidgamer.podbean.com Expand
  15. Oct 5, 2012
    This is without a doubt the most disappointing game of 2012 I played Leon´s campaign and it was fine, the zombies are back, you see chaos around the city, and some of the environments are dark and lonely but the rest of the games it sucks. Chris campaign is horrible the enemies in his campaign are mutated SOLDIERS..... WHAT?! the literally turned RE into a mediocre version of GhostThis is without a doubt the most disappointing game of 2012 I played Leon´s campaign and it was fine, the zombies are back, you see chaos around the city, and some of the environments are dark and lonely but the rest of the games it sucks. Chris campaign is horrible the enemies in his campaign are mutated SOLDIERS..... WHAT?! the literally turned RE into a mediocre version of Ghost Recon with mutated soldiers that carry around machineguns and sniper rifle that campaign. is so boring and so repetitive it´s not even worth to play it for 5 minutes. Jake campaign does nothing special the enemies are the same mutated soldiers that appear in Chris campaign. This game was supposed to be the biggest RE of all but instead it turned out to be disappointing the only 2 good things about RE6 is Leon campaign and the mercenaries mode with zombies. If you want to play a good RE game that combines perfectly action and horror get RE, hell even RE revelations is better than this. Expand
  16. Aug 1, 2013
    I'm going to get straight to the point and try not to waste your time. If you are looking for an amazing survival horror game, go play Dead Space (the first one, 2-3 turned out to be just as big of a disappointment as RE5-6). Resident Evil 6 is a solid action game... Well... it would be... If there was anyone to play it with! There are basically no people to play this game with via xboxI'm going to get straight to the point and try not to waste your time. If you are looking for an amazing survival horror game, go play Dead Space (the first one, 2-3 turned out to be just as big of a disappointment as RE5-6). Resident Evil 6 is a solid action game... Well... it would be... If there was anyone to play it with! There are basically no people to play this game with via xbox live... which is kinda ridiculous; I mean, I have no interest at all in babysitting Helena on Professional difficulty, therefore, Re6 is a waste of money. Would it be good if there was anyone to play it with? Perhaps, for some people, but for those looking for a survival horror epic, this ain't it. GO PLAY DEAD SPACE! Expand
  17. Jun 5, 2015
    It's mediocre, but not awful. It does nothing great. The exposition is clunky, in that it barely comes through in the story. The game play is pretty fun, but that's about where it ends. Each character only gets certain weapons, and there is no upgrading or choice in the matter. They were trying to tell one big, epic story but ended up with 4 pretty bland ones. Like I said, it's mediocre,It's mediocre, but not awful. It does nothing great. The exposition is clunky, in that it barely comes through in the story. The game play is pretty fun, but that's about where it ends. Each character only gets certain weapons, and there is no upgrading or choice in the matter. They were trying to tell one big, epic story but ended up with 4 pretty bland ones. Like I said, it's mediocre, but it's not a 0. Expand
  18. Oct 17, 2012
    It truly is a better game than many critics and rabid fans have labeled it. While it's not the most original installment in the series, it truly gives the fans a little bit of everything. This may be preferable by some, but likely not by the majority who would rather have the game focused in one major area.
  19. Oct 7, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 offers a variety of brand new fun changes and additions that make it different from others, but even though the game is very big, it still lacks to original formula many fans crave for.
  20. Dec 30, 2013
    I consider myself a fan of Resident Evil games and if you are nostalgic about the old Resident Evil, don't play this game, Leon campaign is really good by the way, it TRIES to be like the old school RE. Its an enjoyable game, again, specially Leon's campaign. Chris campaign is the worst, nothing special. Graphics are great and the co-op is fun. If you want to enjoy a Resident Evil gameI consider myself a fan of Resident Evil games and if you are nostalgic about the old Resident Evil, don't play this game, Leon campaign is really good by the way, it TRIES to be like the old school RE. Its an enjoyable game, again, specially Leon's campaign. Chris campaign is the worst, nothing special. Graphics are great and the co-op is fun. If you want to enjoy a Resident Evil game that feels a little bit more like the old school Resident Evil game, I recommend Resident Evil Revelations (even when it's all about mutants, not normal zombies) if they follow that path for the 7th game, it will be great.

Leon: 8/10
    Sherry: 5/10
    Chris: 4/10 (as game, Chris' levels are quite enjoyable; as Resident Evil game, those are quite horrible)
    Ada: 6/10
  21. Oct 2, 2012
    I am amazed. Amazed at how bad this game is. It's important to note that I have enjoyed all the previous Resident Evil games before this (meaning 1 through 5) and Resident Evil 4 is truly one of my absolute favorite games of all time. The good? The production values. The cut scenes, at times annoying, can be impressive to watch but can get very obnoxious to sit through when one isI am amazed. Amazed at how bad this game is. It's important to note that I have enjoyed all the previous Resident Evil games before this (meaning 1 through 5) and Resident Evil 4 is truly one of my absolute favorite games of all time. The good? The production values. The cut scenes, at times annoying, can be impressive to watch but can get very obnoxious to sit through when one is over and then you get to literally walk down a street for 10 feet and then have to sit through another one. This isn't a good game. And what's important to note is that Capcom made 7 million copies of this mess. So if you're at all interested in buying this game, just wait a few months, this game will drop in price quicker than any other. Expand
  22. Apr 24, 2013
    This was my first Resident Evil game, I played through on easy, and had no expectations going in and it was a nice bit of fun. Kicking zombies in the face, shooting them, just get stuck into some zombie guts and don't take it too seriously.
  23. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the first time I have seen a metacritic score so incredibly, mind bogglingly low, that the only explanation is that there is a cult of people on facebook dedicated to getting their way into the Guinness book of world records. Seriously though, I played a bit of this game, it looks awesome, and while the quicktime pissed me off the zombie shooting is, well, zombie shooting. AndThis is the first time I have seen a metacritic score so incredibly, mind bogglingly low, that the only explanation is that there is a cult of people on facebook dedicated to getting their way into the Guinness book of world records. Seriously though, I played a bit of this game, it looks awesome, and while the quicktime pissed me off the zombie shooting is, well, zombie shooting. And the whole epic, macho zombie apocalypse atmosphere that the movies have done so well seems to have found its way into the game, and I can't say that's necessarily a bad thing. In fact, the main reason I didn't like it is I had no idea what was going on, because I have played none, yes none, of the other games. And for the record, I really hope that they work more of the Wizard of Oz into the RE franchise.
    And you only need to look as far as the usernames of some of the downvoters to see they are kinda sorta only messing with you. ResidentEvil992, Trololool, qwertyz.
  24. Apr 1, 2015
    It’s a “bleh” game and I would NOT recommend adding to your play list. You should not spend your time or money on if you consider either to be precious, but it’ll pass the time if you have nothing better to do.
  25. Mar 7, 2013
    Oh boy! Where did my Resident Evil go? Just throw RE 1, 2 and 3 in a pot and piss on it Capcom! RE4 was ok. Nothing great. RE5 was a warning of RE6 would become. A MESS! RE is not a fast action packed game. RE6 seems to be the next Call of Duty. After finishing the Leon's story, I realized that there at least 20 more hours to go, so I gave up. TRASH!
  26. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the most dissapointing game of 2012. This game isn't RE. Its Gears of Evilfield 6. Instead of fallowing the traditional RE formula, Capcom decides to spice things up a bit by adding QTE's to everything and dumbing down the gameplay. The game isn't even scary anymore once you know that you have a lot of guns and don't burn through ammo as much as RE4. I'm a huge RE fan and I quiteBy far the most dissapointing game of 2012. This game isn't RE. Its Gears of Evilfield 6. Instead of fallowing the traditional RE formula, Capcom decides to spice things up a bit by adding QTE's to everything and dumbing down the gameplay. The game isn't even scary anymore once you know that you have a lot of guns and don't burn through ammo as much as RE4. I'm a huge RE fan and I quite frankly see that Capcom is becoming the next Blizzard Entertainment. By the way, the gameplay is way to dull. Legit like 3/4 of this game is cut scenes while the other quarter is actual gameplay. It feels like i'm playing the sequal to Heavy Rain. They should probably call it Gears of Evil Rain 2. The cover system is broken as is the agent game mode. It's a big game with 4 campaigns and all but the only interesting campaign is Leon's and quite frankly it's where I had the most fun. There are some very memorable stuff in this campaign and it's the only plus that I can think of in this game besides the graphics and sounds which are great. The story overall is well written too for Leon's campaign. The other stories are all scattered and thats a shame. They all do end up making a likeable ending though. Leon's campaign would get an 8 from me and the rest of a game gets a 1. If you're a fan of RE like me,then be prepared to be let down. However, if you're a fan of Gears of War, then this game is for you. So long Capcom and RE. Its been fun. Expand
  27. Nov 18, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a survival horror as tries to be. Resident Evil series changed its roots into more of action placed shooter since the over the shoulder view point that Resident Evil 4 applied. Since then, the newer Resident Evil games seem to disappointed others leaving behind the horror feeling that many fans grew up with. Personally,Resident Evil 6 is a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a survival horror as tries to be. Resident Evil series changed its roots into more of action placed shooter since the over the shoulder view point that Resident Evil 4 applied. Since then, the newer Resident Evil games seem to disappointed others leaving behind the horror feeling that many fans grew up with. Personally, Resident Evil 6 isn't so bad if your welling to pass on that Resident Evil 6 isn't a survival horror any more and decently right has an arcade shooter.

Resident Evil 6 has 3 main campaigns that differ in characters, few locations, and scenarios which they all play as an action 3rd person shooter. Leon's campaign comes close to feeling like a horror shooter(For half the campaign at lest), Chris's Campaign plays out like a military shooter facing infected mercenaries, and Jake's has a mix of both Leon's and Chris campaign while getting constantly chanced by a nemsis like creature. Each campaign is cooperative up to 2 players through out the campaign, each of those campaign last around 5 to 6 hours long. Friends or randoms can join your game while on session if you want the option to turn on for it.

The story branches out into an Zombie Outbreak in the U.S. and then into china caused by (you guessed it) Neo Umbrella and their gang of infected zombie like mercenaries called J'avo. Each campaign connects with one another revealing story bits you didn't know from campaign. I thought this worked pretty discovering the threat and the man behind the cause. As the characters from their campaigns try to resolve their problems, at points, they will meet up in the same location. If another couple in their play through is at that same part where both campaigns meet allows you to play along side them in a 4 player cooperative moment. After completing all 3 campaigns, another campaign(single player) opens up at the side of another character that see in the shadows(New update may have her unlocked instantly and adds as well co-op as well). She fills in some of the missing gaps of the story. Speaking of gaps, small plot holes are left empty and the villain doesn't have real good excuse for his doing.

Resident Evil 6 plays like a 3rd person shooter allowing you for the first in a RE game to move and shoot. You go in cover in fire fights which takes awhile to get used too and jump into the floor in a aiming position just avoid incoming hits. Melee attacks pack a real punch which kills your foes faster then bullets. Your only limited to Melee depending on how much stamina you balancing from small amount of ammo if played on the harder difficulties. The game tries to be a horror game limiting the amount of ammo but in my opinion, doesn't really work well. From the start of the peloge, your introduce into quick time events. As it does feel like a pain at first, it does add attention for some moments as like small mini games. Expect the whole game to be quick time events if your into those types of games. Going into this game, you may have to expect some boring moments before gets a little better. If you can deal with slow and repetitive moments, you may have another problem with the camera(New Update allows you adjust camera). This mainly due to the camera zooming into events that could somewhat blind you. Its alot worse when your in hallways and the camera has a hard time following you. Death can be cheap and out of no but this isn't too much of a big since death isn't too punishing. Despite being a co-op game, you can't trade with your partner. Weapons and ammo you find are for your self and stay with you in till you lose you delete your save data. I don't see my self going back into this game after completion. 2 other extra modes such as Mercenaries mode and Agent hunt mode Mercenaries mode is another horde like mode where you try to kill as many enemies as you can before time runs out. With out pre-orders or maybe a DLC, there are only 3 maps for mercenaries leaving out 3 others impossible to get with out buying the game 3 times from pre-orders or waiting for a DLC. Customs are unlock-able with their own load out but their not usable for the main campaign. Agent hunt mode allows you invade other couples in their game if they have the option turn on. Its fun for a little bit but its very limited with controls and you leave the players game after they leave the area or one of them die. Resident Evil 6 isn't that bad and can be very fun if you can deal passed with some of the poor moments and cheesy deaths. The game makes a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a horror survival game. It tries to be a horror shooter but it doesn't work well and it slows the game down. For what its worth, I suggest you ether rent the game for the week or wait for a price drop.
  28. Nov 14, 2015
    Graphical good, cool characters, divided into chapters each around 40 minutes 1 hour 1 hour 30 minutes.
    Do not swear by that RE6 has almost not at elemneto survival horror but is a great action game
    Final note: 7.6
  29. Feb 19, 2013
    Having played Resident Evil's 1-5 as well as some of the spin-off titles, I came to this game expecting to have a similarly enjoyable time. What I got was a sorry shambles of a game, with a fairly weak storyline, frustrating combat and some truly broken mechanics. The graphics are solid and the co-op option makes the game much more enjoyable to trawl through. Overall, Resident Evil 6 wasHaving played Resident Evil's 1-5 as well as some of the spin-off titles, I came to this game expecting to have a similarly enjoyable time. What I got was a sorry shambles of a game, with a fairly weak storyline, frustrating combat and some truly broken mechanics. The graphics are solid and the co-op option makes the game much more enjoyable to trawl through. Overall, Resident Evil 6 was very disappointing and I would only recommend it to those hardcore Resi fans who want to "complete" the series. Expand
  30. Oct 28, 2015
    OK lets start, The gameplay sucks,there are no puzzles (good ones at least) and the J'avos ruined the game among some other stuff that really screw the experience.
    Why am i giving this game a 5 then?Because it isn't that bad of a game if we don't look back to others resident evil games and if the game kinesthetic didn't sucked this would have been a decent action game.....
  31. Mar 16, 2013

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.