Resident Evil 6 Xbox 360

5.0

1. Oct 4, 2012
    As an action game, RE6 is a solid shooter with some pretty stellar moments. As a Resident Evil game...it's pretty awful. It's by no means a bad game per se, but the series is beginning to show it's age. Which is really a shame.
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a solid game marred only by its pedigree. The graphics are top notch, the game play is fairly solid and the story is good. The common complaint on this game is of the new direction capcom has gone with the RE franchise. No more are the constant "horror" aspects of old, this is now an action game and the evolution makes sense. Like a good band a franchise must evolve orResident Evil 6 is a solid game marred only by its pedigree. The graphics are top notch, the game play is fairly solid and the story is good. The common complaint on this game is of the new direction capcom has gone with the RE franchise. No more are the constant "horror" aspects of old, this is now an action game and the evolution makes sense. Like a good band a franchise must evolve or it will become the same thing over and over. RE has and it is not for everyone but that is why there are other games being made. I have enjoyed my experience in this new entry and , if you have been faithfully following the series i invite you to try this one. You should have a great time. Expand
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    i really don't know why everybody hates this game so much. it's not a rehashing of the old games and that seems to be all people want. that's really boring. they took it to a new angle and it's interesting. it's not perfect but it's a good game.
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is better than Dark Souls in every aspect, seriously would you believe me if i tell you how much I got bored with Dark Souls? but with Resident Evil 6 it's fun all the time because you have weapons and you fight monsters not just those boring zombies, REAL monsters.
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    I agree with the people who claims this game to be better than Dark Souls, dark souls have no story and its boring with an unfair difficulty. This game in the other hand is fun, with a fair difficulty and the best story of videogame history. If you dont buy it, you're retarded. Dont let the user score scare you, what are you? a fool who let others brainwash you into not buying what you want? lol
  6. Oct 8, 2012
    I would like to state something that I feel should be obvious. Resident Evil 6 is a good game. No matter what your bias consists of you should be at least be able to admit that it is a good game. You don't necessarily have to admit that it's great, but just good or mediocre. I on the other hand think 6 is a fantastic game and can't help but wonder why there are so many negative reviews andI would like to state something that I feel should be obvious. Resident Evil 6 is a good game. No matter what your bias consists of you should be at least be able to admit that it is a good game. You don't necessarily have to admit that it's great, but just good or mediocre. I on the other hand think 6 is a fantastic game and can't help but wonder why there are so many negative reviews and I assume it's from fans of the first three entries. Resident Evil consists of 4 campaigns and all intertwine at certain points. My favorite campaigns was Leon's because I felt it was the one that nodded more towards the older Resident Evil games which I grew up on. His campaign was filled with scares and on professional difficulty I had to carefully manage my health and ammunition. The other campaigns are good too, but lean a lot more towards action set piece moments than scares. The one thing that all campaigns succeed at is the environment. The environment in every campaign is absolutely gorgeous and all the settings are incredibly detailed and do a good job of bringing you into the game. Helping this are the absolutely astonishing graphics. This is one of the prettiest games I have seen since Uncharted 3. The graphics are that good. However, I did run into some muddy textures while it was loading. This hardly took me out of the experience. One thing I also loved about this entry was the story. I found myself hooked until the amazing conclusion. Really I only have two complaints. My first is the excessive use of quick time events. This didn't really bother me too much, but it did get frustrating after a while. The second is as much as I loved the story, every campaign besides Leon's had some pretty noticeable pacing issues. Now the big question is "Is RE6 the best Resident Evil?" Well, my friends the answer is a resounding no, because that honor still belongs to 4, but this is better than the slightly disappointing RE5 and is one of the better entries in the series to date. As for the negative reviews my theory is that this series has evolved and you refuse to budge in your narrow area of entertainment and have been left behind in the dust. Expand
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    so far i have completed 2 of the campaigns, and this is a really slid game. It's much better than RE5 and most of the series spin-offs. I don't understand why this has a lower score than operation raccoon city, which was god awful. this isn't game of the year, but it does what it sets out to do: provide an impressive story with intense action and a few good scares. As i am writing thisso far i have completed 2 of the campaigns, and this is a really slid game. It's much better than RE5 and most of the series spin-offs. I don't understand why this has a lower score than operation raccoon city, which was god awful. this isn't game of the year, but it does what it sets out to do: provide an impressive story with intense action and a few good scares. As i am writing this there is a review on my screen calling japan a "hotbed of nazism." what's going on with people lately? it's really bizarre to me. Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2012
    As usual, trolls come out to play on metacritic. Most rating low probably havent even touched the game. People are being too harsh.. I think its a great game so far. Finished Leons campaign tonight, really enjoyed it. Played it local co-op with my friend. Nothing bad to say about it really... maybe just the camera can be annoying sometimes.
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, it has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  10. Oct 6, 2012
    10 Hours played so far and I can say that i'm not disapointed. I can understand all the frustration behind this game but I don't understand the overtroll comments on it. Geez .. it's not RE2 yeah but can people understand that at that time games capacity were limited due to the consoles... control and static graphics were the most scary parts, those games were good and still good but now10 Hours played so far and I can say that i'm not disapointed. I can understand all the frustration behind this game but I don't understand the overtroll comments on it. Geez .. it's not RE2 yeah but can people understand that at that time games capacity were limited due to the consoles... control and static graphics were the most scary parts, those games were good and still good but now outdated for the new generation of gaming. I agree with Capcom's idea to put the serie to a new direction of length, action and intensity, yeah it's less scary and maybe less story oriented but it is worth the full price with that and they focus on the replayability. The AI and graphics glitch can be frustrating at times but trust me it is a good games that worth the full price there were a lot of people working on it for a long time and it shows up 8 out of 10 for me. Expand
  11. Oct 3, 2012
    Why are there so many mindless zeroes? Yes this game had flaws but now I feel that I am forced to give it a 10 to hopefully raise its metascore a little. No it wasn't nearly as good as any other RE game but it was still okay.
  12. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You canThe gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1. The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  13. Oct 30, 2012
    I've been a fan of Resident Evil since the first one came out and can honestly say this one is still keeps the series going. Although I've only played several hours its still apparent this game solves many of the issues that, while it was okay bad then, plagued the RE franchise. You can now actually move while shooting and they threw in some extra moves such as rolling to keep itI've been a fan of Resident Evil since the first one came out and can honestly say this one is still keeps the series going. Although I've only played several hours its still apparent this game solves many of the issues that, while it was okay bad then, plagued the RE franchise. You can now actually move while shooting and they threw in some extra moves such as rolling to keep it interesting. While i personally dislike the cover controls they don't really affect my enjoyment of the game. The best part of this game by far would have to be the reintroduction of real, good ol shambling zombies. Expand
  14. Oct 4, 2012
    All those low scores are made by fans who are nostalgic. Im really shocked about the low scores that this game is having! A lot of people are complaining that its not a survival horror anymore, yet they gave RE4 and RE5 a great score! dont get me wrong RE4 is one of my favorites with RE2. The problem is that these haters dont realize that CAPCOM has moved on. A lot of so called gamers areAll those low scores are made by fans who are nostalgic. Im really shocked about the low scores that this game is having! A lot of people are complaining that its not a survival horror anymore, yet they gave RE4 and RE5 a great score! dont get me wrong RE4 is one of my favorites with RE2. The problem is that these haters dont realize that CAPCOM has moved on. A lot of so called gamers are saying that this is the worst RE game of all time, but they gave RE4 and RE5 a great score and even RE operation racoon city had a better score! what the hell? And i've played all the RE games, since 1997. Expand
  15. Mar 12, 2013
    It blows my mind how this game gets so much hate. It's a fun and lengthy 3rd person adventure game with a load of variety throughout. Sure, the horror aspects aren't what the used to be, but if you liked the older games better then go play them instead...
  16. Oct 23, 2012
    I'll start by saying that i've never seen such an organised display of childish behaviour than i've seen when i look at a lot of these so-called 'reviews'!.. All you people that have tried to sabatage this games metascore with these 'zero' reviews should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.You make me embarassed to be a gamer right now,because whatever your issues are with the gameI'll start by saying that i've never seen such an organised display of childish behaviour than i've seen when i look at a lot of these so-called 'reviews'!.. All you people that have tried to sabatage this games metascore with these 'zero' reviews should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.You make me embarassed to be a gamer right now,because whatever your issues are with the game straying a bit from its roots(which i will get to later),does not make this a bad game in the least by default,& by giving this game these zeroes,you are not only undermiming a game that is actually pretty good & has had a lot of work put into it,but are discretiting the user reviews on the whole.People are supposed to be able to come here & trust our fellow gamers opinions & be able to use them as reference,but its nasty hate campaigns like this that make all that untrustworthy,& frankly a joke..
    Right,onto the game itself..
    Ok,unlike some on here,i am goin to be judging this as a game,& therefore not on what the game isn't,but what the game IS.. & what the game is,is an enjoyable,cinematic,highly polished,extremely long experience for this kind of game that has an extremely generous amount of content.By generous amount of content,i mean 4(yes 4)campaigns that 'each' equal the length of your average game nowadays such as Call of Duty,or even Dishonored,The Mercenaries mode & Agent Hunt mode,all playable in either single player or Co-Op.All this is on the disk,so make no mistake,this is a very generous package indeed.
    The overall story is split into 4 seperate campaigns that can be played in whatever order you prefer.These campaigns tell the story of the war against bioterrorism from 4 different 'viewpoints' if you like,4 different perspectives,which in my opinion,adds a lot of veriety to the game.These campaigns are Leon S Kennedy's,Chris Redfield's,Jake Muller's & Ada Wong's.

Leon's campaign is perhaps the closest in pace,tone & feel to the earlier Resident Evil games.It is slower paced & goes for tension,but for me reminds me of why the series needed to move on from those earlier titles in the series,as not a great deal actually happens until later on.Its still a campaign with some great moments though,& should(or should i say 'would have' satisfied those people who want a more classic Resident Evil experience,that is if they wernt so busy with their fingers in their ears,going la la la la la i'm not listening,la la la la la.. The campaign itself represents the investagive side of the events going on,as a special agent.

Chris's campaign represents the governments or Militarys if you like,reaction & response to the worldwide threat of bioterrorism,through the the eyes of a BSAA team,& as a result,is a faster paced experience than Leon's.Whie this is not obviously as close to the series roots,its still nontheless fun,epic & conveys the militarys response to the threats well enough.I must give special note to the acting,as i thought the acting of Chris & Piers were both very good,with Chris especially as he seems to genuinely care about his men.

Jake's campaign is from the perspective of someone who is caught up in the series of events that the game covers,& is primarily about survival to him & his companion.He doesn't know why he's involved,& i wont say why,for anyone that doesn't know.Its similarly paced to Chris's campaign,but with some slower sections for good measure,all the while having a theme of being persued for reasons he doesn't know..

Ada's campaign is from the perspective from 'the bad guy' for want of a better word.She's heavily involved in the bioterrorism thats currently plagueing the world in the game.It has some busy moments,but also some puzzle elements reminiscent of the older titles in the series.

I don't have the space here to go into Mercenaries & Agent Hunt modes,but as i say,all in all, a very generous package indeed,& this is why i just don't get the level of hate & apathy towards this game.. I do understand the concept that its not as close to the eatlier titles as some would like,but this is still a good game,& the marks that a lot have given this for the wrong or petty reasons is insulting frankly.At worst you have Leons campaign,a full length classic Resi experience with Zombies & tension,so whats the problem!? Personally,i think the franchise needed to move on.The story certainly has.The virus is a global threat now,so we cant be wandering back & forth through rooms for hours in a mansion in the woods,ferrying keys & bits of crests to open doors,literally useless Hand to hand & shooting at enemies that are offscreen! Thats was ok for its time,but do you really want to go back to all that now i know i don't.If Capcom hadn't chanded the formula,they'd rightly get criticised for not evolving,such as Activision with CoD,& when they do change,& bend over backwards to try to please all,they get this reaction?! One just cant help feeling,Capcom can't win these days..
  17. Oct 16, 2012
    With a fantastic story, memorable characters, exhilarating set pieces, and a masterful blend of all the best elements found in previous iterations of the franchise, Resident Evil 6 delivers an unforgettable experience which every fan of the series ought to partake in.
  18. Oct 5, 2012
    Best Action Game of the year. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario. Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Leon.
  19. Oct 11, 2012
    Como voces sabem, a maior prova que a Capcom poderia ter que Resident Evil 6 foi um grande sucesso, aconteceu! O game ja vendeu mais de 4,5 milhoes de copias e espera atingir a marca de 7 milhoes ate 31/03/2013. Os jogadores que compraram, ainda tiveram a oportunidade de jogar uma extensa demo antes de decidir pela compra.
  20. Oct 6, 2012
    It gets a ten really only to balance out the unwarranted super-bombing in the game. It's far from a great game and not the best in the series by a long shot. It's riddled with a few technical problems and annoyances- but nothing that makes it unplayable. The story is... well, typical of Resident Evil. Which, no matter what anyone says, has always been questionable and even oft times silly.It gets a ten really only to balance out the unwarranted super-bombing in the game. It's far from a great game and not the best in the series by a long shot. It's riddled with a few technical problems and annoyances- but nothing that makes it unplayable. The story is... well, typical of Resident Evil. Which, no matter what anyone says, has always been questionable and even oft times silly. Since the first game. So you get the same ol', same ol' there. Chris' campaign is unsurprisingly weak while Leon's is worth the play through for nearly every step. Over all though, it's a pretty damn fun co-op experience. Playing it alone is a waste of your time, but with a good friend? You'll get at least some hours of enjoyment for your money. It's at least a recommended rent. I might suggest buying it, but I'd wait for a better deal; half the current price maybe.

Honestly, if you liked RE4 and RE5, you'll at least find some things in this game to like enough for continued play. If you're more of a fan of the classic Resident Evil games, well... you're out of luck. But you've been out of luck for half a decade now, so you shouldn't even be bothering at this point, should you?

In all, a mediocre to slightly good game. It won't bring you anything truly unique and new to enjoy (except far better controls than RE4/5 with much more options on what you can do) and doesn't really ADD to the series in any meaningful way. But it also doesn't really bring anything disappointing- it's far from the let down disaster of other games released this year (at least Capcom didn't pull an EA/BioWare on you).
  21. Oct 7, 2012
    Giving it a 10 just to counter all the nonsense 0's people are giving out. I've played for a couple of hours on Leon's campaign, and this game is a solid 7.5-8/10 so far.
  22. Sep 9, 2013
    Baffled by all the negative reviews for this game. You get several campaigns, all pretty long with different characters and playing styles. Online component is really good (mercenaries is a blast). The graphics are top notch and make you feel as though you're in a film, and the audio is also strong with a good music score in particular. Only downside is the quick time events break up theBaffled by all the negative reviews for this game. You get several campaigns, all pretty long with different characters and playing styles. Online component is really good (mercenaries is a blast). The graphics are top notch and make you feel as though you're in a film, and the audio is also strong with a good music score in particular. Only downside is the quick time events break up the pacing somewhat. An impressive game in so many ways I don't understand why people are slamming it so much. Expand
  23. Oct 28, 2012
    Some overpaid clown on a review site told me Resident Evil 6 is TERRIBLE and I believe it because I watched a video but have never played the game or its two predecessors/played the first 10 minutes of the game after having bought the game for $60 without playing the demo first/am an idiot. I think this game is bad because it isn't scary and there is too much action and also there areSome overpaid clown on a review site told me Resident Evil 6 is TERRIBLE and I believe it because I watched a video but have never played the game or its two predecessors/played the first 10 minutes of the game after having bought the game for $60 without playing the demo first/am an idiot. I think this game is bad because it isn't scary and there is too much action and also there are quick time events. It is OK if God of War is nothing but quick time events but every half an hour Resident Evil 6 has a quick time event so I don't like it. Resident Evil 4 and 5 did not have any quick time events at all and were super scary and they were not third person shooters with any amount of action. They just had lots of running around and backtracking through empty hallways, combining arbitrary objects into keys while auto-aiming at zombies that had way too much health. I liked it better when it took more than an entire magazine from a pistol just to kill a single zombie. Those were the good, old days, back when no skill or thought was required to play the game. Resident Evil 6 shouldn't have changed the formula set by Resident Evil 4 and 5, 4 having come out in 2004 and 5 having come out in 2009.
    Wait, you mean to tell me Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 are also third person shooters full of quick time events and lots of action and the same camera angle with comparable controls and gameplay? You're saying that Resident Evil 6 actually has less quick time events because now dodge rolling is a manual function? That Resident Evil 6 is really fun and that comparing it to crappy PS1 games that came out 16 years ago is stupid and that I should have complained about the change back in 2004?
    Then maybe I should shut my stupid mouth about how Resident Evil 6 is "different" from the rest of the Resident Evil series and enjoy it as a genuinely good game with a couple of issues that don't ruin the overall experience.
  24. Oct 4, 2012
    Trolls are everywhere on this title. Well worth the wait. Well worth the time. Well worth the money. actual score would have to be an 8.5 outta 10 but had to give it a ten to help offset the trolls.
  25. Oct 2, 2012
    Superb game. It's sad to see it's been the target for a lynch mob of fanatical internet trolls but as we all know, sites like this have given the most intellectually handicapped people a soap box for venting their rancor. Not only do they undermine a game of substantial quality but they pervert the Metacritic score system to the point where it becomes curupted and meaningless. Because ofSuperb game. It's sad to see it's been the target for a lynch mob of fanatical internet trolls but as we all know, sites like this have given the most intellectually handicapped people a soap box for venting their rancor. Not only do they undermine a game of substantial quality but they pervert the Metacritic score system to the point where it becomes curupted and meaningless. Because of this I have awarded the game a 10 when 9 is perhaps more appropriate. The series has moved on from being a minimalist survival horror game but Resident Evil 6 is nevertheless a superbly realised and imaginative action adventure game with great graphics and some eye popping set pieces. It's pure videogame and a pleasure to play. Good job Capcom! Expand
  26. Oct 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All these negative reviews are all trolls or idiots that only play Call of Duty games. These bad reviewers are not true fans of the Resident Evil series because they can't accept change and always compare the newer games to the original which is preposterous since games will always progress. The plot line in Resident Evil 6 is SUPERB. Having the game split into 4 separate campaigns is genius and allows and interesting flow of events to unfold and have different points of view on how things unfold. People are comparing the action of the game to Call of Duty and saying there's no horror in this game, that is complete BS! Capcom brought back horror in this game in that, they brought back the darkness. I don't know about the rest of these 12 year olds who have the light setting in there game very high, but me and my buddy played it at a nice low level where it's meant to be at. The large amount of zombies and monsters in this game was awesome and really had me and my friend at the edge of our seat. The action outside the cathedral, and inside was terrific and exciting and very tense. Capcom did a very good job of bringing tension back to the game like they had in Resident Evil 4. Sure there's somethings I didn't really like about Resident Evil 6 like the skill point system instead of a money system. It's something new, though, and I'm not some sap who can't accept change so I went along with the flow of things. Anyone who's not an idiot and can enjoy a well written and directed game and that's a fan of the Resident Evil series, get this game. The character and story progression is great. Expand
  27. Oct 3, 2012
    Pros: Awesome graphics, great story, solo or co-op campaign and horde type mode, FREE web service (ResidentEvil.net)

Cons: If you are looking for gameplay similar to RE1 or RE2, this is not it. Resident Evil 6 is more action based (but it's a great game).

In closing: It's a fun game, worth buying. Please, ignore the hater spam that seems to have run rampant...
  28. Nov 11, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game very doubtful to evaluate. The main problem was the bet Capcom just innovation. The staff cared so much that he forgot to innovate polishing in some points. Still, the game can be great.

- Visual: 8.8
      - Gameplay: 7.0
      - History: 9.2
      - Audio: 8.4
      - Fun: 9.8

- Final Rating: 9.0
  29. Oct 2, 2012
    There is much troll on this page, this game and they will destroy their multiaccounts like call of duty and diablo 3, but unfortunately did not have anything to do if not **** and put 0 to a game that, while for many has been the best work ... personally has been the best game of resident evil .. varied and fun game.
  30. Feb 27, 2015
    I do understand why a lot of people might dislike the game but only in terms of distaste for the way the game plays. This game is super enjoyable if you are able lean into the stupidity of the experience and are able to look past the game play lineage of the series... and instead appreciate what has been done in terms of a complex interwoven story, told through overlapping but distinctI do understand why a lot of people might dislike the game but only in terms of distaste for the way the game plays. This game is super enjoyable if you are able lean into the stupidity of the experience and are able to look past the game play lineage of the series... and instead appreciate what has been done in terms of a complex interwoven story, told through overlapping but distinct campaigns.. then there is fun to be had here (especially if playing co-op). I appreciate that this is a pretty big caveat but this game is not without merit even if it did get pretty savagely critiqued by some reviewers. I'm not saying that they are wrong but don't write off the possibility of enjoying this game based on the fact that some of the criticism it got from some quarters was pretty strong. Expand
  31. Oct 7, 2012
    I will like to say one thing to all the people who gave this game negative reviews and that is; what did you all expect. This is entirely every gamers fault who praised Resident Evil 4 for leading this series to this and any other series into its direction. We cant blame companies for adding certain aspects of a game like QTE, cutscenes,its linear gamestyle and gameplay mechanics to a gameI will like to say one thing to all the people who gave this game negative reviews and that is; what did you all expect. This is entirely every gamers fault who praised Resident Evil 4 for leading this series to this and any other series into its direction. We cant blame companies for adding certain aspects of a game like QTE, cutscenes,its linear gamestyle and gameplay mechanics to a game we like and adding there twist on it. I cant be mad at this game for that because that is what is expected of it. The fans are the ones that killed this series and the same is going to happen with Dead Space 3. As for my take on Resident Evil 6 well I have to say as a fan of the series and playing all the games this is by far the true sequel I was waiting for since playing Nemesis. I was not a fan of the sibling rivalries of the Redfields and Ashfords in Code Veronica. I was not a fan of the Gun Survivors or the outbreaks games. Resident Evil 4 was to me the worst of the franchise which didn't explain anything at all and was a complete detachment of the series. As for Resident Evil 5 well we have to blame Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War co-op for that and that.

My only gripe with the game was the amount of cutscenes this game had. Its something that's expected with games now especially ones made in Japan. This to me is the biggest problem with the game industry. I believe that these game developers need someone to advise them how much of this **** is needed and relevant in telling a story without sacrificing gameplay and also it helps decrease the games production value considerably. Its like they are confused in what they are trying to develop, a game or a movie.

The other thing was the wrestling combat. As for ammo I never had a problem since the first skill I bought was the increase item drop. Which to me made the most sense to pick up first. This game took all the best stuff from all the games and made it feel new. Zombies are back on fans demand and people still complain. There is a total of 4 campaigns and multiplayer elements which is alot of stuff on a PS3 disc. So I suggest buying this game because quite frankly as since the year began there really hasnt been any good games released so far. So I say give it a try you'll be surprised.
  32. Oct 8, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 follows in the footsteps of both 4 ( with 4 it has big shoes to fill) & 5 and does so brilliantly as it emulates the 4th's gritty setting and tension while keeping the 5th's lust for blood and guns it isn
  33. Oct 3, 2012
    I have read, re-read, and re-evaluated all of these reviews. And all I have to say is you need to think of it as a Resident Evil game, rather than an action game. And then it truly shines Yes it has different mechanics, yes it has its problems. But it still has that old school resident evil feel that we all know and love. Give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed.
  34. Oct 3, 2012
    You really gotta be a super nerd to give this game a 0. I've been playing Resident Evil since the 1st entry on Playstation. There have been a lot of missteps in the franchise over the years, but this is not one of them. I'm about halfway through the campaign for Leon Kennedy and I've had a great time so far. The graphics and animations are amazing. The gameplay is a nice step up fromYou really gotta be a super nerd to give this game a 0. I've been playing Resident Evil since the 1st entry on Playstation. There have been a lot of missteps in the franchise over the years, but this is not one of them. I'm about halfway through the campaign for Leon Kennedy and I've had a great time so far. The graphics and animations are amazing. The gameplay is a nice step up from Resident Evil 5. I don't know what these nerds are whining about. Expand
  35. Oct 6, 2012
    love it, all these zero's are atrocious, if your looking for re4 this isnt it get over it, so stop crying because you want another version of an old game, capcom wants to tap into a new market and some of us love it
  36. Oct 12, 2012
    Resident Evil ha cambiado y es un juego super completo y entretenido... no te dejes llevar por los reviews... sin duda si eres un real fanatico de la franquicia te encantara.... no es un juego perfecto pero es de lo mejor que ha salido de la franquicia... tienes para todos los gustos
  37. Oct 4, 2012
    People need to rate this game on how the game actually is and not just be angry because its not like the old style Resident Evil's (which i am a fan of and still prefer).
    Resident Evil 6 is unfortunately mainly an action game so rating it as an action game with horror elements means its fantastic as a stand alone game. There is so much to do and gives you hours of gameplay time.
    The
    The graphics are great and the story is still brilliant. This is a huge improvement on Resident Evil 5 and i will be looking forward to getting the DLC even though i disagree with Capcom releasing it on the 360 first but it is a business at the end of the day.
    For Resident Evil 7 i would like Capcom to take more of a horror route (dead space style) but as long as the action and gore is RE6 standard i will still be happy.
    This game does NOT deserve such low ratings!
  38. Oct 27, 2012
    I don't know why people is complaining about this game.

I've been playing all the campaigns and Having a lot of fun so far. Leon's campaign is awesome. Chris is nice as well. Now I`m playing JAKE'S campaign. I confess, my first thought when I bought this was to play in a day and them trade, but no, I will keep this with me. LOVE IT so far. Of course we have GIANT enemies
    I don't know why people is complaining about this game.

I've been playing all the campaigns and Having a lot of fun so far.

Leon's campaign is awesome.

Chris is nice as well.

Now I`m playing JAKE'S campaign.

Of course we have GIANT enemies and huge beasts plus J avos and stuff.

The graphics are well done, the textures no much. IMMERSIVE and ENTERTAINING! I LOVE IT.

LOT OF PEOPLE WHO'S COMPLAINING I BET THAT THEY DID PLAY ON YOUTUBE. I LOVED SO FAR. AGAIN IMMERSIVE AND ENTERTAINING!
  39. Oct 4, 2012
    An overall entertaining game, 6 improves on several things from the old games (like the controls), but is ultimately flawed. The aforementioned controls, for instance, would work brilliantly if this were an actual survival horror game and not an action game, where they're inferior to more standard controls. The co-op is brilliant, allowing multiple players to see battles from completelyAn overall entertaining game, 6 improves on several things from the old games (like the controls), but is ultimately flawed. The aforementioned controls, for instance, would work brilliantly if this were an actual survival horror game and not an action game, where they're inferior to more standard controls. The co-op is brilliant, allowing multiple players to see battles from completely different perspectives, and Agent Hunt is a welcome addition. There's over 30 hours of campaign, Mercenaries, and several different multiplayer game modes to keep gamers playing for hours.
    Overall, it's a weak game compared to its predecessors, but it stands out in comparison to most modern action shooters; some elements of the game should remain in the inevitable future titles, but they should reserve the hyper-actionized gameplay for spin-offs. Those looking for an enjoyable hardcore romp will enjoy this game; those looking for survival horror would be better off investing in recent 3DS game Resident Evil: Revelations, or Ubisoft's upcoming game ZombiU.

(Deserves a 7/10, but I'm giving it 10/10 to try and offset all the 0/10-rating multi-accounters who've never played the game and don't intend to)
  40. Oct 2, 2012
    Whilst I don't believe this game deserves a 10/10 I think it needs more balance when clearly people are clicking 0 with no justifiability. This game is actually pretty good despite it's short coming's. I was excited for this game and while mostly good there are a few glaring issues. Firstly there is no denying the camera is atrocious. It locks on to objects when you don't want it to and inWhilst I don't believe this game deserves a 10/10 I think it needs more balance when clearly people are clicking 0 with no justifiability. This game is actually pretty good despite it's short coming's. I was excited for this game and while mostly good there are a few glaring issues. Firstly there is no denying the camera is atrocious. It locks on to objects when you don't want it to and in corridors it can begin spazzing out and while it's annoying, it doesn't ruin the experience. There are some sections i.e. the stealth section in Jake/Sherry's campaign, are quite boring and a little frustrating, but the moments it gets right makes up for these moments to make what is a half decent game. I haven't gotten really far into it but I doubt most people on here rating this game a 0 have, it's a long game, has an interesting and intriguing story and unfortunately because a few too many critics and fans are so butt hurt that the game isn't survival horror any more it gets bad reviews and probably won;t sell as well as it should.
    You should at least give this game a chance, don;t write it off because of the less than great reviews.
  41. Oct 3, 2012
    This isn't that bad of a game, hell it's not bad by any stretch of the word. I know there are a lot of people bombing the score because they remember 1-3 with nostalgia vision but here's a reality check, those games were clunky, the camera was **** and the dialog sucked. Four was the best thing to happen to the series, 5 wasn't amazing but it was good, and 6 is also good, get yourThis isn't that bad of a game, hell it's not bad by any stretch of the word. I know there are a lot of people bombing the score because they remember 1-3 with nostalgia vision but here's a reality check, those games were clunky, the camera was **** and the dialog sucked. Four was the best thing to happen to the series, 5 wasn't amazing but it was good, and 6 is also good, get your nostalgia out of your vision and shut the **** up and enjoy the game. Expand
  42. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing. The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of **** But that happened cuz I
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  43. Oct 14, 2012
    It's not the Resident Evil that I grew up with, but those games were never that scary to begin with, I sort of grew up with the games, and replayed some of the creepy scenes to discover that they were creepy because I was 13 at the time. I absolutely hated 4 and 5, but I've found this title actually enjoyable. The different campaigns are diverse, ammo is scarce(the amount of shooting isIt's not the Resident Evil that I grew up with, but those games were never that scary to begin with, I sort of grew up with the games, and replayed some of the creepy scenes to discover that they were creepy because I was 13 at the time. I absolutely hated 4 and 5, but I've found this title actually enjoyable. The different campaigns are diverse, ammo is scarce(the amount of shooting is high, but the survival part comes in when you don't have enough ammo with 3 larger enemies lumbering around trying to kill you), It's not a perfect game, but not worthy of a zero. It's been a great experience so far that I would recommend. COD comparisons are laughable. The controls are not exactly pick up and play for the casual gamer, but they grow on you after various skill upgrades and time put in the game. Expand
  44. Oct 5, 2012
    Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Ada. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario.
  45. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that worldwide initial shipments of "Resident Evil 6", the latest addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, for "PlayStation® 3" and Xbox 360® have surpassed 4.5 million.

46. Oct 5, 2012

"Resident Evil" is a series of survival-horror games in which players use weapons and other items in order to escape from zombies. One of Capcom's best-known game series, "Resident Evil" has recorded cumulative sales of more than 50 million units* since the first title was released in 1996. These sales figures demonstrate that "Resident Evil" is just as popular today as it was 15 years ago when the first title made its debut.
  47. Oct 5, 2012
    "Resident Evil 6" takes the series to the next step with graphics that deliver even greater realism and power. The game features dramatic stories that bring together for the first time two major characters of the series: "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment.
  48. Oct 5, 2012
    There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported byThere are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million, the highest ever for a Capcom game. Expand
  49. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom has for many years used its multi-platform strategy of developing titles across many game platforms to make its brands even more popular. In addition, Capcom uses the Single content multiple usage strategy to maximize the value of its content. By continuing to use these approaches, Capcom is determined to provide a diverse spectrum of game players worldwide with games that meetCapcom has for many years used its multi-platform strategy of developing titles across many game platforms to make its brands even more popular. In addition, Capcom uses the Single content multiple usage strategy to maximize the value of its content. By continuing to use these approaches, Capcom is determined to provide a diverse spectrum of game players worldwide with games that meet their highest expectations. Expand
  50. Oct 5, 2012
  51. Oct 5, 2012
    In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal.
  52. Oct 11, 2012
    Quando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem genteQuando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem gente gostando. Contra fatos nao ha argumentos, e nao sao os criticos especializados que fazem o sucesso de um produto e sim o seu publico, este mesmo que gasta seu dinheiro comprando. Expand
  53. Oct 2, 2012
    A pretty smooth, beautiful-looking game that's better than both RE5 and the abysmal title that was Operation Racoon City. Plenty of things to kill, great environments, an actual story for once--what's not to like? Controls are smooth, and there's not a copious amount of ammo so you're pressed for killing-ability at times. I would like to say that those looking for a survival-horror gameA pretty smooth, beautiful-looking game that's better than both RE5 and the abysmal title that was Operation Racoon City. Plenty of things to kill, great environments, an actual story for once--what's not to like? Controls are smooth, and there's not a copious amount of ammo so you're pressed for killing-ability at times. I would like to say that those looking for a survival-horror game should not look here, and that's canon. Why? BSAA is a supranational organization that knows everything about BOWs (Bio-Organic Weapons) and has strike teams completely designed to eliminate threats in combat sectors. Do you know what that means? You're no longer a lost little agent in a backwater town completely unfamiliar with BOWs--everyone knows all of them you know just how to kill them, and that's what you do. It's no longer survival horror, it's action-horror. There's a difference and it's canon because everyone knows how to deal with these situations and they're no longer scary. Really fun game though, there's very few co-op shooters out there and this is probably the best. Expand
  54. Mar 20, 2013
    This game deserves a 7 or an 8, but it's getting a 10 because the user score for this game is ridiculous.

This game is a lot of fun if you take it on it's own terms. If you judge it based on expectations derived from past games, you will be disappointed. Having said that, I'm not sure it's the least bit reasonable to judge a product that is clearly intended as an action game, based on the type of game you wanted it to be. There is nothing more absurd, yet hundreds of reviews on here do just that. They do nothing, but complain about what it isn't and never actually judge what it is.

It is a solidly constructed action game with four completely unique play styles and a complex, well written story that manages to fit together well despite the extreme variety in locations and characters. The graphics are great, with only occasional frame rate issues, (primarily in the early chapters of the Leon campaign), the acting is great, and the game play is more often then not alot of fun.

The problem with this game is it's ambition. It tries too hard to be too many places at once. Not content with being an action game, it strives to be 4 action games a cover based shooter, a third person stealth game, a survival horror, and a run and gun, all in one. The results are mixed, but it's never as bad as most of the clowns in here want you to believe. The worst issue, the camera, was addressed months ago in a patch that lets you move it out. Before it was bad enough to detrimentally effect the game, but now it isn't an issue. The QTE's are obnoxious and the constant cut scenes can be distracting, but they are far from the game breaking issues people around here seem to think they are.

This game is fun. It isn't a survival horror game, but it is a good game. There are so many idiots on this site it is unbelievable. They play a game for 2 hours, decide they don't like it, and despite only playing approximately 5% of the game come on here and give it a score between a 0 and 5. These people are trash, total trash. Don't listen to the garbage they spew. When you have played the entire game, then you can rate the entire game.

Resident Evil 6 could have been better. In fact, if it wasn't so ambitious and the developers had instead focused on refining 1 or 2 gameplay types instead of 4, it may have been a better product. But as it is, it is a huge game (40 hours to complete all campaigns on Professional), with a lot to like.
  55. Oct 17, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 isn't the same genre as the first Resident Evil titles. Just accept it and rate this game a 10 for being the best coop-action-game of the year.
    Can't stop playing, the gameplay is just to awesome.
  56. Oct 3, 2012
    Normally I don't post reviews on every game I buy, but this time I had to because of the sheer amount of Negative feedback. I like this game a lot, and contrary to what some of the negative reviewers may say, I am a true fan of the series. I still have the old toys that came out sitting on my shelf with the comics. That said, this game isn't like the old ones, there aren't a ton ofNormally I don't post reviews on every game I buy, but this time I had to because of the sheer amount of Negative feedback. I like this game a lot, and contrary to what some of the negative reviewers may say, I am a true fan of the series. I still have the old toys that came out sitting on my shelf with the comics. That said, this game isn't like the old ones, there aren't a ton of puzzles to search through and grab the key for or anything. It is a drastic departure from other members of the series, following much closer in line with Resident Evil 5. It is more action oriented, keeping up with the times and general populace of those who play games more predominately now. Bullets are more readily available, dropping from most enemies, but the enemies take a lot of bullets to put down. The melee system is pretty cool, nothing like spin kicking a zombie to finish them, and conserve some bullets. The game is more realistic, having you transverse buildings, and I do find Leon's campaign to be the most creepy of the bunch. I would as the negative reviewers to judge the game based on its own merit of what it tries to be, and not based on its predecessors, but that is not required here. The game has its negative aspects, like the quicktime events, lord I hate those. The story is pretty good, I wont spoil it here, but I thought it was interesting. So in closing the game isn't perfect, but it is good. You can listen to the "fanboys" I guess if you want, but I don't get some of their arguments. "Capcom just wants money", Well of course they do, they don't make games for sunshine and rainbows. This game is overall a quality game, worth the money, and If you have a good friend play the co-op. Expand
  57. Oct 4, 2012
    First off what the hell!! Why does this game have a user score of 0.6. This is why user reviews are not reliable. First thing is Resident Evil 6 is a very good game. One thing it isnt is scary but you know what who cares? Resident Evil 4 and 5 were about as scary as a couple of unicorns. I didnt even think dead space 2 was scary but one thing this game is is really freaking fun. TheFirst off what the hell!! Why does this game have a user score of 0.6. This is why user reviews are not reliable. First thing is Resident Evil 6 is a very good game. One thing it isnt is scary but you know what who cares? Resident Evil 4 and 5 were about as scary as a couple of unicorns. I didnt even think dead space 2 was scary but one thing this game is is really freaking fun. The gameplay in this game is so drastically improved its ridiculous,no longer are this slow ass character with tank controls,now your a complete and toatal badass popping bullets and dishing out cool melee attacks to zombies. Now you can slide,walk and shoot, turn 360 degrees in way that feels natural, perform melee attacks at will,and you can even dual weild with leon. Eveyone said this game has three campains but you actaully get four so yea. Since their are four different stories this game is a enourmous time sink. And every campaign is completely different. This game is awesome and a blast to play its just so frusterating that people are giving it sh*t scores for stupid reasons. This game is the best in the seiries and you wont waste your money buying it. Expand
  58. Oct 27, 2012
    I've seen plenty of people voting this 0-4. Why? Because they have nothing better to do. "0mGZ, itz n0t az gud az RE4, itz n0t evn scurry. Thez iz da wurzt RE gam3 3VR." They hate the game because it's changed, when it really just added a little something for everyone. The campaign mode features 3 different character pairs, each with their own style of play. There's Leon/Helena, which isI've seen plenty of people voting this 0-4. Why? Because they have nothing better to do. "0mGZ, itz n0t az gud az RE4, itz n0t evn scurry. Thez iz da wurzt RE gam3 3VR." They hate the game because it's changed, when it really just added a little something for everyone. The campaign mode features 3 different character pairs, each with their own style of play. There's Leon/Helena, which is the RE that you know and love. Some puzzles, dark, and zombies, zombies, zombies. There's also Chris/Piers, which is more run-and-gun than the other two campaigns. Then there's Jake/Sherry, which is, as far as I've gotten, more about puzzles and simply not dying more than anything else. I've yet to unlock Ada's story.

To anyone saying that they should take out partners... One, there's a skill that stops your partner from helping you. Two, there's Ada's campaign, where you're alone. And finally, why would they? Games today are about connectivity - playing with others - and for good reason. Co-op and multiplayer adds so much replay value and overall fun. You think as many people would buy the next Battlefield, Call of Duty, or Assassin's Creed if they said there'd be no multiplayer?

Now that that's through, on to the actual game. This game is very well done. The graphics rival Final Fantasy's in-game graphics and overall mood and lighting of each campaign is fitting with each respective playstyle. The story was also crafted wonderfully. All three campaigns intertwine with each other in a magnificent manner, which leaves the player WANTING to complete all three stories. As far as controls go, I don't understand what all the hate is about. I found the controls to be much more intuitive than games in the past.
  59. Oct 3, 2012
    This entry in the series is much better than 5. Some much thrills, kills, scares, plus multiple player campaigns make RE5 look like a walk in the park, I personally loved it and the fact that REAL zombies are back makes me supper happy, True it is not with out its flaws but you can really tell capcom pour alot of hard work and money into it. So if you love a good horror game this one isThis entry in the series is much better than 5. Some much thrills, kills, scares, plus multiple player campaigns make RE5 look like a walk in the park, I personally loved it and the fact that REAL zombies are back makes me supper happy, True it is not with out its flaws but you can really tell capcom pour alot of hard work and money into it. So if you love a good horror game this one is for you. Besides you gotta play something scary until Dead Space 3 comes out! Expand
  60. Oct 8, 2012
    An epic action-game with it's own identity set in the world of Resident Evil. It features co-op just like Resident Evil 5 but they game works well to play it alone. The story is divided in 4 campaigns (one has to be unlocked) and the way they tell the story actually manages to get you sucked in. There is always something you want to shed light on in the story, questions that need answersAn epic action-game with it's own identity set in the world of Resident Evil. It features co-op just like Resident Evil 5 but they game works well to play it alone. The story is divided in 4 campaigns (one has to be unlocked) and the way they tell the story actually manages to get you sucked in. There is always something you want to shed light on in the story, questions that need answers etc, so you continue playing because of this. The bossfights are great and the J'avo are funny enemies. The zombies however, seem a bit uninspired and reminds you more of L4D rather than Resident Evil. The game isn't scary... except when it comes to one enemy IMO, the Raskaplanje, a regenerator-looking monster that is even more horrorfying to look at. Other than that, it is the action we have come to know from RE4, but improved. All the characters except Piers and Helena are interesting for fans that have followed the series a long time, as we have come to know them from several games before. Yeah, I really liked this game a lot. I've had some crazy fun moments with this game and I'm going to keep on playing it as there are still some stuff to look forward to. Expand
  61. Oct 7, 2012
    Oh, the people these days. Let's say they all are wrong. It all seems like people complaining about controls have their hands growing on their feet, the graphics haters are blind, and the bored just didn't play this. This one is awesome! C'mon people, get rid of your suffering about mechanic change. Action does fit RE. IF we kept walking the mansions for all this time, wouldn't we complainOh, the people these days. Let's say they all are wrong. It all seems like people complaining about controls have their hands growing on their feet, the graphics haters are blind, and the bored just didn't play this. This one is awesome! C'mon people, get rid of your suffering about mechanic change. Action does fit RE. IF we kept walking the mansions for all this time, wouldn't we complain that they change nothing? I personnally think this is an exceptional action game, and, perhaps, one of GOTYs. It's Resident Evil's best game ever since. It's action sequences are good to no end, packing in difficulty, blasts and fast-paced gameplay. Of course, it's nothing like the first four REs, but still, as game of 2012, it's perfect. Expand
  62. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm just going to go out on a limb here, and say that everybody who posted a zero, and is **** and moaning has never ACTUALLY played the game for themselves, it's a fun time, well worth the price of admission, and I'd recommend it to any RE fan, it's a got a little something for everybody.
  63. Oct 13, 2012
    I don't get why people hate this game so much.Just because its action-packed game?Come on,that was long time ago RE 4 and 5 dont have any horror aspect either.Overall the game is good , I think this game way much better than Resident evil 5
  64. Oct 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would be a fool if i didn't agree with Mizar, this game is a awesome. First you'll notice the amazing graphics, it's so clear and crisp, and the colors, oh my the colors, there must be at least a million different shades of gray. The story is amazingly well written, full of twists and turns, at times it feels like you're watching a Hollywood movie and not just playing a video game. Only at the end did i figure out the villains motivations weren't some generic desires of world domination, no, she was just mad at her boyfriend who cloned her using some other woman's DNA because he couldn't love her for what she was. This is very deep stuff guys, and i think many of us can relate to this story. The gameplay is the best yet, gone are the tank controls and stiffness of previous RE titles, instead we get a lot of new gameplay options, the greatest of which is the melee combat. Capcom, the minds behind the Street Fighter series, decided to do another crossover after SFxTekken, finally allowing you to punch and kick enemies to death with the new, so called ZWA system (Zombie Wrestle Mania). All in all, it's a great game, a day one purchase for sure, in fact, like one user already made a suggestion, if you can spare the cash buy two copies, it will show Capcom your appreciation of their hard work invested in this game and motivate them to start making RE7 as soon as possible. I have only two wishes for RE7, melee moves should combo better and charge up the hyper combo bar, unleashing a devastating special move specific to each character once charged. Also, kill streaks with guns should grant rewards starting at 10 kills, like infinite ammo, increased damage, missile attacks, hell, maybe even a remote controlled nuke. These two additions could have made RE6 a perfect game, but don't be discouraged Capcom, there's always next time, this time you will have to settle with just a 9 out of 10 from me. Expand
  65. Oct 4, 2012
    So...Resident Evil 4 and 5 get good scores and this one doesn't? It does everything better than RE4/5!?
    What i see here is a simple case of fans hating on this game for not being survival horror, they aren't actually rating the game itself which i think is very harmful and degrading to the developers and is very unfair. I happen to like the changes in the RE series, they are freaking agents they should know how to defend themselves adequetly and im sure Leon would be expert at that by now considering hes been dealing with outbreaks his whole life now...but besides that i enjoy this game a lot. There are few frustrating bugs and issues but what game today doesnt have that. It really upsets me though to see so many people making bad reviews that actually arent even about the game itself...shouldnt be that way.
  66. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and othersRE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and others people would enjoy this game to me one of the bets game of the year along whit borderlands and max payne 3 dont be a hater this game is great and the effects MW3 troolls cant hurt a game thaht is good by its owns rights, and stop criying about its no more survival horror stop that makes look peolpe stupid the survival genre has died long time ago **** it died whit RE 3 and silent hill 3 asswhipes Expand
  67. Oct 2, 2012
    Not a Survival Horror by any means (unfortunately this genre died with Fatal Frame and Haunting Ground in the PS2 era and is kept barely alive by the likes of Amnesia and Ju-On). But still a great co-op game with Horror elements, hard shooting and enemy management that keeps you on your toes, beautiful graphics, great voices and setpieces, certainly an evolution on the RE5 formula.Not a Survival Horror by any means (unfortunately this genre died with Fatal Frame and Haunting Ground in the PS2 era and is kept barely alive by the likes of Amnesia and Ju-On). But still a great co-op game with Horror elements, hard shooting and enemy management that keeps you on your toes, beautiful graphics, great voices and setpieces, certainly an evolution on the RE5 formula.
    Recommended if you liked and adapted to the way the series went in RE5 (with a bit of 4 and Outbreak mixed in), if not, Resident Evil is just not your thing anymore, try Amnesia or Silent Hill.
  68. Oct 5, 2012
    Resident Evil is a series that has seen a lot of changes over the years and has caught a ton of flak for making said changes. However, the fact that I see more than 2,500 negative reviews, most of which are 0's, for this Grade A title basically assures me that the majority of users posting scores haven't actually played the game and are being horribly blinded by the goggles of nostalgia.Resident Evil is a series that has seen a lot of changes over the years and has caught a ton of flak for making said changes. However, the fact that I see more than 2,500 negative reviews, most of which are 0's, for this Grade A title basically assures me that the majority of users posting scores haven't actually played the game and are being horribly blinded by the goggles of nostalgia.

This game is not survival horror, and it shouldn't have been truly expected to be so. There has been much footage of it and even two demos before its release, and it has always been leaning towards being an action title. However, as an action title it succeeds on every level. Capitalizing on Resident Evil's strongest points, the characters and plot, Capcom have crafted an enticing story to play through with excellent mechanics and interesting enemies. Several memorable set-pieces dot the campaigns as well as fantastic cut-scenes, not to mention the best voice acting the series has ever seen. As far as gameplay is concerned, the series has finally evolved to be competitive with modern third-person shooters by enabling walking and shooting as well as the ability to melee at will, but evolves beyond all other shooters with mechanics that are fresh on the gaming market. Sliding, spinning and shooting aren't necessary for the most part, but their inclusion is still innovative and positive all the same, and the controls, despite being hounded for being clunky, are actually intuitive and easy to learn.

Not all is good with the game, however. There are numerous vehicle segments, and only a couple of them are anything less than an abysmal wreck, with frequent moments of instantly dying due to something you couldn't have seen coming. Quick-Time Events (QTE's) are also numerous in this title, and though they're a nuisance they are also necessary. Unlocking a door via 'hacking' wouldn't be very tense if all you did was press a button once, so they are usually for necessity of tension and keeping you in the action as opposed to leaving the player to lackadaisically perform actions. However, if you don't like QTE's, you're going to want to play on Amateur, where they are automatically performed for you. The biggest flaw in the game outright, however, is the number of moments in which you can be instantaneously killed by something with no warning, such as a vehicle ramming into you out of nowhere or a bridge falling out from under you due to not running quite fast enough.

With the flaws taken into account, it's still a fantastic game which offers a ton of value. All of the campaigns will take roughly 22 hours to complete, and playing through some of the moments again just for the 'intersecting co-op' can be fun. Mercenaries mode returns as well to offer extra game time, though it is extraordinarily miffing that two of the six maps are unattainable at the start simply because they were pre-order bonuses specific to certain stores. Agent Hunt, which allows you to become a creature in a player's campaign and attempt to slay them, is an interesting addition that, while it probably won't be the most popular mode, is still a fun diversion all the same. Taking all things into account, the game deserves an 8 out of 10. However, due to the sheer number of banal '0' reviews, it gets a 10 to help it out.
  69. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, I want to get one thing straight. This isn't a "bad" game by any stretch. On the contrary, for the sum of its parts, it contains some of the greatest moments in any Resident Evil game ever. Looking at it on its own, it deserves no less than an 8 in my opinion. However, if you take into account the game's betrayal to Resident Evil's survival horror roots that fans have sorelyFirst of all, I want to get one thing straight. This isn't a "bad" game by any stretch. On the contrary, for the sum of its parts, it contains some of the greatest moments in any Resident Evil game ever. Looking at it on its own, it deserves no less than an 8 in my opinion. However, if you take into account the game's betrayal to Resident Evil's survival horror roots that fans have sorely sought after since Resident Evil 4, the over use of QTE's (quick time events), and the constant repetition of action set pieces to flesh out the individual campaigns, this game is so disappointing it warrants no more than a 4 from any fan. As usual, fans are the worst critics, and Metacritic once again has become a mouthpiece for their scathing hatred that is understandable but completely unacceptable and unfair. As a fan of the series, I can only say that this wasn't the game I wanted, nor the direction I wanted the franchise to stray into. I will, however, be fair to the developers of this game who clearly tried to create a larger-than-life Resident Evil experience with admirable flair, but failed only because they didn't stay true to the formula that garnered the tremendous fan base that is now outraged. 8 Expand
  70. Oct 4, 2012
    i have this game and i'd give it an 8.5, great graphics, control solid, its a shame people giving this such low scores, prob same people who watch reality tv or cooking shows or listen to kanye west, this game is good as uncharted 3 enjoyed it as much, yea zombies and boss battles are awesome, they are as gruetesque as a pop star the night of the grammys
  71. Dec 5, 2012
    Obviously if you were a big fan of this series from the beginning, you might say this game sucks because it's not a survival horror anymore. That is NOT a legitimate reason to dislike something, contrary to what many base their negative reviews on. If you like action games, then this game is great fun. I played the older games as well, but somehow I still find it in my heart to like thisObviously if you were a big fan of this series from the beginning, you might say this game sucks because it's not a survival horror anymore. That is NOT a legitimate reason to dislike something, contrary to what many base their negative reviews on. If you like action games, then this game is great fun. I played the older games as well, but somehow I still find it in my heart to like this game. Many have bias towards the original games, so judgement towards this game is clouded, and as a result the reception ultimately suffers much more than it should. Which is a shame. For what this game is, it's pretty good. It's really fun to shoot and kill zombies/j'avo, the sliding and diving is fun, the melee is really enjoyable, the cutscenes are great, the graphics are beautiful, the sound is good, the story is interesting, I find the quick time events to be intense and fun (contrary to how everyone else feels), the mercenaries is great fun with a friend, and the four campaigns makes for a lengthy game. Of course, there are some bad things. Such as the camera can be annoying when it forces the angle towards something on the screen (you'd know if you play it); the skill/perk system seems cool and fun at first, but after a while is kind of lame and boring; the menu interface is a little lackluster and somewhat unorganized; and finally, the game has a sort of lower replay value compared to RE5. I mean, I still got 36 hours out of this game, but there's nothing I'd really go back for besides playing with a friend. Overall though, this game is just fun. And it always comes down to that in my eyes.

I do not truly give this game a 10 though. I think it deserves a solid 8.75. I just felt like I had to do my part to outweigh this unjust user score, even though I probably did nothing to change it.
  72. Oct 4, 2012
    If you liked RE5 then you will love it. This game is awesome and even better when played with a friend! The reviews have been way too harsh. Do what I did. IGNORE THEM and have all out mutant zombie killing fun!
  73. Oct 10, 2012
    Great game! Resident evil 6 has some problems, the cover system is horrible, there are too many explosions, sometimes the camera suffers from bad positioning, but.. hey resident evil 1,2, and 3 are not perfect, the gameplay in those games were frustating too... ok resident evil 6 lost the charm, the survivor horror elements but this not prevent for being a good game. this are someGreat game! Resident evil 6 has some problems, the cover system is horrible, there are too many explosions, sometimes the camera suffers from bad positioning, but.. hey resident evil 1,2, and 3 are not perfect, the gameplay in those games were frustating too... ok resident evil 6 lost the charm, the survivor horror elements but this not prevent for being a good game. this are some qualities: Great graphics, 30 HOURS, 4 differents campaigns, 7 playable characters, great monsters to fight, great variety in gameplay drive a car, a motorbike, swim, fly a jet, Q.T.E. In my opinion buy this game Expand
  74. Oct 13, 2012
    This game is very misunderstood. The Leon campaign alone kicks RE5's campaign's arse, whilst the other campaigns aren't on par with Leon's they don't detract from the overall game play, this is a classic case of over hype, the game is technically amazing and yes its true it isn't a return to classic survival horror its still scarier than 5 it also has better game play mechanics and isThis game is very misunderstood. The Leon campaign alone kicks RE5's campaign's arse, whilst the other campaigns aren't on par with Leon's they don't detract from the overall game play, this is a classic case of over hype, the game is technically amazing and yes its true it isn't a return to classic survival horror its still scarier than 5 it also has better game play mechanics and is longer, people against this game are being rather silly to put it nicely. Expand
  75. Oct 2, 2012
    Its amazing how many 0's I see given to this installment of Resident Evil. ZERO should be reserved for the most base, inane, broken titles out there. Metacritic allows for people to submit their opinions, no matter how skewed, as some false basis for 'fact' - and its just plain old stupid. The title in no way deserves such abomnable scores - but in todays world of entitlement and 'I dontIts amazing how many 0's I see given to this installment of Resident Evil. ZERO should be reserved for the most base, inane, broken titles out there. Metacritic allows for people to submit their opinions, no matter how skewed, as some false basis for 'fact' - and its just plain old stupid. The title in no way deserves such abomnable scores - but in todays world of entitlement and 'I dont like it so you arent allowed to like it' mindsets - this is what you get. If you like the Resident Evil franchise, you've probably already played it - if not, give it a go and then dig into the earlier catalog for some classic RE gameplay. Expand
  76. Oct 8, 2012
    I thought it was pretty good. I don't really get all the hate. Sure, it has problems. So does everything else. Nobody's perfect. Does it really matter that the game had one or two features that you don't like, when in reality, you make up such a small part of their customer base? You don't really matter. They didn't make the game for you, they made the game for everyone. Just beI thought it was pretty good. I don't really get all the hate. Sure, it has problems. So does everything else. Nobody's perfect. Does it really matter that the game had one or two features that you don't like, when in reality, you make up such a small part of their customer base? You don't really matter. They didn't make the game for you, they made the game for everyone. Just be happy that they made it, period. They didn't have to, you know. Expand
  77. Oct 3, 2012
    No, this is not a typical Res game, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. The chief of the complaints are about the QTEs, which normally I don't like, but I didn't feel that they were show-stoppers in any respect since the player isn't really punished for choosing the wrong button. There were a few QTEs in Res4, which is my favourite of the series, and those didn't mar my playing experienceNo, this is not a typical Res game, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. The chief of the complaints are about the QTEs, which normally I don't like, but I didn't feel that they were show-stoppers in any respect since the player isn't really punished for choosing the wrong button. There were a few QTEs in Res4, which is my favourite of the series, and those didn't mar my playing experience either. This Res plays out more like a mix of 5 and a co-op shooter. I really appreciated the fact that the AI could be better controlled and is more helpful than it was in 5. The buddy-revival system is nice, though I don't always get to my partner in time. The weapon system I found was well-thought out: cycling through the weapons with the D-pad was much easier than equipping only two guns and pressing start just to get to the grenades. Overall, I enjoyed it, just as a survival-horror game, not as a Res game. I enjoyed it better than I did 5, but not as much as 4. Expand
  78. Jan 18, 2015
    General Overview: This game moves the series toward a more action and less survival horror tempo and attempts to expand the game into coop, including plot intersections between the main characters. Getting to play a variety of heroes (Chris, Leon and the new guy Jake and even Ada if you have the DLC) makes the game interesting. Its particularly good as a split screen coop game. While REGeneral Overview: This game moves the series toward a more action and less survival horror tempo and attempts to expand the game into coop, including plot intersections between the main characters. Getting to play a variety of heroes (Chris, Leon and the new guy Jake and even Ada if you have the DLC) makes the game interesting. Its particularly good as a split screen coop game. While RE fans of the earlier games (1 to 3) will find this no where near their tastes, those of us who have let the game evolve into something else will enjoy it. Its tense, fast paced and still has you scrounging for ammo (provided you play it on the default and not make it impossibly simple with "infinite ammo", etc.) It's biggest two downsides are AWKWARD camera angles the make it hard as hell to survive at key points and the heavier than usual reliance on QTE. The combat controls are improved, the voice acting is decent, the story is well done and fits together. In short, its a fun game.

TL;DNR: 8 - A good and tense action game that seems to have left its more horror related aspects behind which will turn off the RE zealots who cannot move past RE 4 or 1, 2, or 3.

Technology/engine: Great graphics, runs smoothly with very little issues.

AI: Decent and can be punishing if you are playing single player instead of coop.

Graphics: Well done and crisp. Great set pieces and character models.

Sound: Well done and sound from source to reception distance is implemented well.

Soundtrack: Each campaign has its own theme that attaches to the lead characters that are always paired. Not outstanding but not destructive of the atmosphere either.

Voice acting: Well done with only occasionally weak lines that are easily forgotten.

Crafting: N/A

Customization: The skill sets that you can build are fun and take some work to achieve. There are a few that are more helpful than others in my opinion and some that are not worth using at all.

Gameplay systems: The heavier than usual reliance on QTEs is a downfall for this game but being smart and using the environment to your advantage pays off. In some cases, unless you are a QTE genius will take several play throughs to get right. Personally I found the distance between auto-save check points to be too short in some places and way to long for others while a few felt just right.

Controls: Standard third person shooter fair although you can switch to the traditional RE controls.

Story: Decent and coherent with a different ending for each main story campaign.

Multiplayer: I will not comment on this since I have yet to play it.
  79. Dec 30, 2012
    After reading all the bad comments everywhere, my expectations were low. After playing the game, I don't understand the zero ratings (seriously?).
    No, this is not Resident Evil 1, 2 or 3. It's not about conserving ammo and running around on old mansions. It's action oriented like Resident Evil 5. Does that make it a bad game or a zero rating game? No it does not. It's an excellent game, that does have some flaws, obviously. The button tapping scenes for instance, can be a bit irritating. But it's a great game nonetheless.
  80. Nov 13, 2012
    This is less of a horror game, and more an action shooter a la Gears of War. It's underrated, as playing through it is like playing action movie... it's fast paced, fun in co-op and huge. Seriously enormous. Don't be fooled by all the negativity, this game is a lot of bang for your buck.
  81. Feb 9, 2013
    there note 3/10, much less average 67/100. If there is, it means that the graph is 3/10, the game-play is 4/10, and was made ​​an average 67/100, one word: incompetence. These reviewers do not know how to recognize the best and worst of the game, if something is bad, they think everything is bad, but it is not. RE 6 is a game of ups and downs which is a must for fans of the franchise,there note 3/10, much less average 67/100. If there is, it means that the graph is 3/10, the game-play is 4/10, and was made ​​an average 67/100, one word: incompetence. These reviewers do not know how to recognize the best and worst of the game, if something is bad, they think everything is bad, but it is not. RE 6 is a game of ups and downs which is a must for fans of the franchise, where you're reading, you may not have liked the game, fine, but to say that the game is bad? Be man grows better: make a game better than the RE 6, to be able say that the game is bad! Expand
  82. Oct 2, 2012
    Don't listen to the blind fanboys, this game sux hard, it look like a PSP game ported to HD consoles, the gameplay is awful, just look to THE LAST OF US and you will see a real sorvivor game, keep your money for a better games, if you buy it Crapcom will kill the next games, and RE7 will suck even harder than this mess;)
  83. Oct 2, 2012
    Its a evolution of the original resident evil series, but is a good game, just give it a try. Don't let this trolls scare to you, play the demo or go with a friend and try it.
  84. Oct 2, 2012
    Most trolled game ever... Its much different than other Resident Evil but still its cool game. Enjoyable 30h long gameplay with nice graphics and multiplayer.
  85. Oct 2, 2012
    I apologize to Metacritic for having to put up with user troll reviews, these people are out to get Capcom, it doesn't matter if they played it or not and dates back to the Megaman deal a long while back. They truly don't know a thing. My overall of the game suggest this new entry is very solid, but with minor issues that could be patched later on. I would have to see it's on par with RE5I apologize to Metacritic for having to put up with user troll reviews, these people are out to get Capcom, it doesn't matter if they played it or not and dates back to the Megaman deal a long while back. They truly don't know a thing. My overall of the game suggest this new entry is very solid, but with minor issues that could be patched later on. I would have to see it's on par with RE5 in the Action-horror genre, but while trying to mix things with the characters that feels like different experience, especially with Leon, keep doing good Capcom, this is your story and your game, and these trolls don't dictate what you should do! Expand
  86. Oct 2, 2012
    As an action game Resident Evil 6 is a fun and enjoyable adventure full of memorable set pieces and zombie shooting! However only the Leon and Ada campaigns offer some semblance and feel of the original PS1 Resident Evil titles, but the series is evolving and it has to in order to compete in the modern gaming climate.
  87. Oct 2, 2012
    Great game with loads of content. I was unsure of who to begin with and decided to go the easy route: Leon (whom I was anxious for), Chris (which at first seemed like a chore to play through), and then Jake (which I was unsure but open-minded about). It;s basically 2 and 1/2 games in one. Plus there is Mercenaries. Definitely worth buying for the story and for anybody interested in theGreat game with loads of content. I was unsure of who to begin with and decided to go the easy route: Leon (whom I was anxious for), Chris (which at first seemed like a chore to play through), and then Jake (which I was unsure but open-minded about). It;s basically 2 and 1/2 games in one. Plus there is Mercenaries. Definitely worth buying for the story and for anybody interested in the series with an open-mind. Enjoy the mysteries of Resident Evil once more, throughout 3 campaigns! Expand
  88. Oct 2, 2012
    I've played both demos and the actual game. I've followed the game's progress and seen plenty of reviews and all I can say is that the game is a top notch title. The reviews online have been all over the place. Great scores and low scores. Please, don't let that influence you. The best thing that I can tell you is to play the demo on Xbox Live or PSN. Find some reviews that break down theI've played both demos and the actual game. I've followed the game's progress and seen plenty of reviews and all I can say is that the game is a top notch title. The reviews online have been all over the place. Great scores and low scores. Please, don't let that influence you. The best thing that I can tell you is to play the demo on Xbox Live or PSN. Find some reviews that break down the goods and bads with the title. Go to a friend's house that has the game and try it. Then come to your own conclusion. Over 600 people worked on this game in a span of 3 years and it shows. Many people complain about it not being scary enough. Leon's campaign is a bit creepy, but the series has been changing throughout the years. That doesn't mean that the game is a bad game.

It has it's quirks, but the sheer number of gameplay hours, campaigns, modes, multiplayer, online options, ranking, co-op, story, etc. more than makes up for some of the quirks. No game is perfect and this game isn't, but in the end, it's a damn good game with replay value. Plus, you have plenty of in-game options to tweak it to your liking.

For example: Agent Hunt mode is a really cool mode idea: "In a nod to Demon's Souls, Agent Hunt lets players invade other Resident Evil 6 games. While some hapless player is trying to fight their way through the game's first campaign as Leon Kennedy or Helena Harper, you jump in, take control of a zombie or a dog and try to kill them. If they kill you, no problem! You spawn as another zombie, another dog or, well, some really nasty monsters with some crazy attack moves."

So, educate yourself first. Do your homework on the game if your skeptical and don't let anyone trolling/hating on this title bring you down. You have nothing to worry about, this game is a blast.
  89. Oct 2, 2012
    I suspect the reviews might actually balance out after the initial disappointment and such wears off. Resident Evil 6 is not a perfect game. Yes, you're funneled down a linear path quite often (which is exactly like Resi 5 and people weren't getting as annoyed over that, but I digress). There's an overabundance of QTE events, to say the least, which is also a bit boring over timeI suspect the reviews might actually balance out after the initial disappointment and such wears off. Resident Evil 6 is not a perfect game. Yes, you're funneled down a linear path quite often (which is exactly like Resi 5 and people weren't getting as annoyed over that, but I digress). There's an overabundance of QTE events, to say the least, which is also a bit boring over time (though admittedly they do sometimes work to create tension when failing once or twice doesn't make you lose the whole thing, so you start to freak out, etc). The camera is off sometimes, albeit not too often, and the scripted events can often spring out of nowhere and kill you before you really have a chance to react. This, however, isn't a fair assessment of the game. No, it doesn't rise to the giddy heights of Resident Evil 4, but I'd say it's a step up on Resident Evil 5. As bad as the dialogue is (and that's a subjective issue; I actually find the bad dialogue pretty funny, though I understand why others might disagree) the story and narrative weaving together is actually extremely interesting. Without spoilers, there's more than a few moments where you see a scene you've already played, and suddenly realise how it fits in with the overall plot. Those are good. After the clusterf*ck that was the Resident Evil 2 timeline with its two scenarios, it's nice to see Capcom capable of making a plot that fits together.

I'm also a big fan of melee counters. They're reminiscent of the dodge mechanic in Resident Evil 3; press the dodge button (RT) at the correct time, and you knock away or reverse an enemy swing. The reaction time is fast enough to be rewarding when you make it, without necessarily making every single attack easy to avoid. The melee system on the whole is pretty good; asides from the fact you can perform kicks and punches without shooting first, the same head/arm/leg set-ups still apply from Resi 5 and work well. The new dodge system...I never found too many practical uses for it, in all honesty. It was helpful sometimes, but it's more a flashy addition. But the gunplay works well; the addition of quickfire was nice, as was the stamina bar to prevent melee attacks from becoming *too* overpowered. All in all, combat is still enjoyable, particularly when the game throws larger and larger hordes of enemies at you to test your abilities. Jake's melee abilities in particular are pretty fun once you get a knack for them.

The biggest thing you have to accept with Resident Evil 6 is the fact it's really moved on from being survival horror. Honestly, I always figured that was a given after 5, and expected 6 accordingly. No, it's not the greatest third person action game ever made, but it's pretty fun if you can take the rough with the smooth. Yes, it can be a bit repetitive. But then you have moments where everything's going to hell, and the quality experience Capcom are capable of producing shines through. As it was with Resident Evil 5, from a purely fun perspective, the game is brilliant with co-op.

Resident Evil 6 is inconsistent, for sure. But it tries. It tries really, really hard. For every moment you're facepalming at bad dialogue or another QTE, there's another two where you're forced to flee from an overwhelming enemy, fighting off foes from all sides, and those are the moments that'll stick with you. And at 33 hours long, it's a good length. Resi 5 took 8 hours at best, and that wasn't consistent either. So be patient. By all means, rent Resident Evil 6 or borrow it from your buttclenched friend, and give it a try. It's not a game for everyone. People who were looking for perfection will sadly be disappointed. But for those who want to see more of the Resident Evil storyline and characters, who want to kick back with a mate and enjoy some action, and can deal with a bit of linearity, you could really do a whole lot worse.

This is not a survival horror. It's a good, solid action game, and for those of you who expected that, you won't be disappointed.
  90. Oct 2, 2012
    Dark Souls is the best game i ever played, i cant believe people are **** all over it. Leon is such a good character. So is chis. The old Dark Souls was better though, the one with clair, capcom needs to put her in another game.
  91. Oct 2, 2012
    All I have to say is that if user reviews state "Amazing Spiderman" as high as 70's, then none of the users have any idea what constitutes a good video game. Play the demo, try it out. I bought it this morning, and have been enjoying it so far. its not a 10 out of 10, but these negative reviews are ridiculous.
  92. Oct 8, 2012
    Stop freaking out and hitting zero. Seriously? A zero? No current gen game is that awful. This a vast improvement over RE5 and Operation Raccoon City. This a case of fanboys not getting their way.
  93. Oct 2, 2012
    These people giving scores lower than a 6 are just absolutely being haters. theres no reason for that. it's a good game. awesome graphics, and a fun time. nothing wrong with controls or anything. load screens seem to be the only real problem... i don't know what you people are talking about. i'm a huge fan of the series and this one ROCKS!
  94. Oct 2, 2012
    I really enjoyed RE5 as an action game personally. I did not have high hopes for this game in regards to it being a survival horror game. I went in with no real expectations genre wise. The controls are a lot tighter, graphics are smooth and the frame rate is consistent. The fact that people are giving this game anything from a 0-5 rating is just unfair and shows that these people areI really enjoyed RE5 as an action game personally. I did not have high hopes for this game in regards to it being a survival horror game. I went in with no real expectations genre wise. The controls are a lot tighter, graphics are smooth and the frame rate is consistent. The fact that people are giving this game anything from a 0-5 rating is just unfair and shows that these people are getting defensive due to the game not meeting their their idea of what this game should be. They are not rating this game on what it is; it's a good game. Would GOW3 of gotten a 0? How about Uncharted 3? No they wouldn't of. If you were to give this game a score based on any number of measurable parameters and not the ones you make up then you would have to give this game a decent score. However you are entitled to your completely biased hatred barely an excuse for an opinion review. Seriously people need to grow up. Of course I'm sure a bunch of these reviews are from 12 and 13 year children so what can you really expect? The game is solid as a 3rd person action shooter not as a survival shooter as it once was. Please give this game a chance and you'll see that is worth while fi you are a fan 0of this genre. Don't hate on it because your preconceived notions of what this franchise should be is obscuring your ability to reason and make sound judgments. Some people worked hard on this game and it shows(in some parts more then others; it's not perfect but it's not a 0. The entirety of the vision that was intended to be assembled here didn't come to fruition but, there are glimpses of the picture that was to intended to be perceived. A little bit more direction would of gone along way. yet this is still a solid action title. 30+ of good game play. You get 5 maybe 6 from some major franchises these day if your lucky. I probably would actually give this title more along the lines of an 8.5 or an 8 but, there is no 8.5 button and I figured that I would try and balance out some of these 0's. Good game give it try. Expand
  95. Oct 2, 2012
    i really feel like RE6 is a mess, but at the same time i'm really enjoying it. it's not perfect in the slightest, but the trolling it's received is totally unjust, and sounds more like angry fanboy flaming than real reviewing. it is a fun game, it definitely isn't bad. it was just overly ambitious and wound up being a mishmash of so many things... and nothing like what it used to be... buti really feel like RE6 is a mess, but at the same time i'm really enjoying it. it's not perfect in the slightest, but the trolling it's received is totally unjust, and sounds more like angry fanboy flaming than real reviewing. it is a fun game, it definitely isn't bad. it was just overly ambitious and wound up being a mishmash of so many things... and nothing like what it used to be... but i still absolutely love it. Expand
  96. Oct 2, 2012
    honestly people that say this game sucks are snobby resident evil fanboys, they say this game is nothing like the originals, but that's like saying Xbox 360 is nothing like the first Playstation. Of course it's different, it's 2012. The games weren't even that good to begin with when you think about it, and i'm glad to see them pumping new stuff into a game. Makes NO sense to keep the gamehonestly people that say this game sucks are snobby resident evil fanboys, they say this game is nothing like the originals, but that's like saying Xbox 360 is nothing like the first Playstation. Of course it's different, it's 2012. The games weren't even that good to begin with when you think about it, and i'm glad to see them pumping new stuff into a game. Makes NO sense to keep the game the way it was, it would just feel like an expansion pack. People keep complaining that it's like Gears of War. Nothing under the sun is original, Gears is one of the most successfull videogame franchises, it makes sense to borrow a few pages from their book. If these fans were so diehard they'd accept that their sub-par cult game finally made the awesome leap it was bound to make. Because that's what Resident Evil is, a cult game. Now it finally can be recognized as top contender in the videogame industry. Expand
  97. Oct 3, 2012
    As a fan of the original Resident Evil's (1-3) I must say that I was actually impressed by this game. Firstly, I adore Sherry Birkin and am so happy to see her after the events of Resident Evil 2. The game as a whole, I enjoyed. The controls are smooth and responsive, the visuals are the most breath-taking I've ever seen and the plot is intriguing. I'm not sure what people aren't likingAs a fan of the original Resident Evil's (1-3) I must say that I was actually impressed by this game. Firstly, I adore Sherry Birkin and am so happy to see her after the events of Resident Evil 2. The game as a whole, I enjoyed. The controls are smooth and responsive, the visuals are the most breath-taking I've ever seen and the plot is intriguing. I'm not sure what people aren't liking about it; sure, Resident Evil is supposed to be a 'survival-horror' game, but we must all accept that once the beta of Resident Evil 4 was scrapped, those days were over. Any true fan of the series would be happy with what they were given (granted what they were given wasn't unquestionable garbage) I enjoyed almost all the quick time events and the only thing that really 'annoyed' me about the game was that Ada seems incapable of death... I am not a fan of Call of Duty or Battlefield, nor do I play either (regularly) but I can guarantee that this game will be getting plenty of hours logged on my Xbox. Collapse
  98. Oct 3, 2012
    If you are interested in this game based on it's actual merits, you should read this review. Honestly, I give this game an 8 but it needs the 10 to compete with the moronic trolls. If you like RE4 or 5, you probably like this one better. It brings back nearly everything that was good in those games as well as some homages to the original series: crawling zombies and multiple story lines.If you are interested in this game based on it's actual merits, you should read this review. Honestly, I give this game an 8 but it needs the 10 to compete with the moronic trolls. If you like RE4 or 5, you probably like this one better. It brings back nearly everything that was good in those games as well as some homages to the original series: crawling zombies and multiple story lines. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that they removed weapon upgrading, BUT they replaced it with a skill system.

For those that are complaining that it's not the same as the original games, of course it isn't. Resident Evil was about a group of supposed super cops who couldn't manage a headshot on a shambling zombie from 5 feet. The original games were on the incompetent end of the absurdity scale. This game puts them on the super-competent end. It's still silly but at least it's a silly that allows you to fail on your own lack of skill rather than on the STARS mind-bogglingly poor combat awareness.
  99. Oct 3, 2012
    Ok. First of all, I want to address all of those people who gave this game a 0. Probably the same people who gave mass effect 3 a 0. Have you ever played a "bad" game before? Or, if you are just longing for a game that is "just like" its originals then buy a PS1. Seriously, the graphics are good. The sounds are good, and once you get used to the new control schemes, it plays fairly smooth.Ok. First of all, I want to address all of those people who gave this game a 0. Probably the same people who gave mass effect 3 a 0. Have you ever played a "bad" game before? Or, if you are just longing for a game that is "just like" its originals then buy a PS1. Seriously, the graphics are good. The sounds are good, and once you get used to the new control schemes, it plays fairly smooth. If game has any positive traits to it, then a someone that has any game knowledge whatsoever would never give it a 0 rating. The story in the game so far seems to just as amazing as any other resident evil game. Of course the originals were the best, but let's move on guys. Let's focus on the now, and stop wanting to replay the past. This game deserves way more credit than it has received. Expand
  100. Oct 3, 2012

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.