5.0

1. Dec 17, 2012
    i really don't know why everybody hates this game so much. it's not a rehashing of the old games and that seems to be all people want. that's really boring. they took it to a new angle and it's interesting. it's not perfect but it's a good game.
  2. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is better than Dark Souls in every aspect, seriously would you believe me if i tell you how much I got bored with Dark Souls? but with Resident Evil 6 it's fun all the time because you have weapons and you fight monsters not just those boring zombies, REAL monsters.
  3. Oct 2, 2012
    I agree with the people who claims this game to be better than Dark Souls, dark souls have no story and its boring with an unfair difficulty. This game in the other hand is fun, with a fair difficulty and the best story of videogame history. If you dont buy it, you're retarded. Dont let the user score scare you, what are you? a fool who let others brainwash you into not buying what you want? lol
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, it has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action
    nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  5. Oct 3, 2012
    Why are there so many mindless zeroes? Yes this game had flaws but now I feel that I am forced to give it a 10 to hopefully raise its metascore a little. No it wasn't nearly as good as any other RE game but it was still okay.
  6. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1. The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  7. Oct 23, 2012
    I'll start by saying that i've never seen such an organised display of childish behaviour than i've seen when i look at a lot of these so-called 'reviews'!.. All you people that have tried to sabatage this games metascore with these 'zero' reviews should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.You make me embarassed to be a gamer right now,because whatever your issues are with the game straying a bit from its roots(which i will get to later),does not make this a bad game in the least by default,& by giving this game these zeroes,you are not only undermiming a game that is actually pretty good & has had a lot of work put into it,but are discretiting the user reviews on the whole.People are supposed to be able to come here & trust our fellow gamers opinions & be able to use them as reference,but its nasty hate campaigns like this that make all that untrustworthy,& frankly a joke..
    Right,onto the game itself..
    Ok,unlike some on here,i am goin to be judging this as a game,& therefore not on what the game isn't,but what the game IS.. & what the game is,is an enjoyable,cinematic,highly polished,extremely long experience for this kind of game that has an extremely generous amount of content.By generous amount of content,i mean 4(yes 4)campaigns that 'each' equal the length of your average game nowadays such as Call of Duty,or even Dishonored,The Mercenaries mode & Agent Hunt mode,all playable in either single player or Co-Op.All this is on the disk,so make no mistake,this is a very generous package indeed.
    The overall story is split into 4 seperate campaigns that can be played in whatever order you prefer.These campaigns tell the story of the war against bioterrorism from 4 different 'viewpoints' if you like,4 different perspectives,which in my opinion,adds a lot of veriety to the game.These campaigns are Leon S Kennedy's,Chris Redfield's,Jake Muller's & Ada Wong's.

Leon's campaign is perhaps the closest in pace,tone & feel to the earlier Resident Evil games.It is slower paced & goes for tension,but for me reminds me of why the series needed to move on from those earlier titles in the series,as not a great deal actually happens until later on.Its still a campaign with some great moments though,& should(or should i say 'would have' satisfied those people who want a more classic Resident Evil experience,that is if they wernt so busy with their fingers in their ears,going la la la la la i'm not listening,la la la la la.. The campaign itself represents the investagive side of the events going on,as a special agent.

Chris's campaign represents the governments or Militarys if you like,reaction & response to the worldwide threat of bioterrorism,through the the eyes of a BSAA team,& as a result,is a faster paced experience than Leon's.Whie this is not obviously as close to the series roots,its still nontheless fun,epic & conveys the militarys response to the threats well enough.I must give special note to the acting,as i thought the acting of Chris & Piers were both very good,with Chris especially as he seems to genuinely care about his men.

Jake's campaign is from the perspective of someone who is caught up in the series of events that the game covers,& is primarily about survival to him & his companion.He doesn't know why he's involved,& i wont say why,for anyone that doesn't know.Its similarly paced to Chris's campaign,but with some slower sections for good measure,all the while having a theme of being persued for reasons he doesn't know..

Ada's campaign is from the perspective from 'the bad guy' for want of a better word.She's heavily involved in the bioterrorism thats currently plagueing the world in the game.It has some busy moments,but also some puzzle elements reminiscent of the older titles in the series.

I don't have the space here to go into Mercenaries & Agent Hunt modes,but as i say,all in all, a very generous package indeed,& this is why i just don't get the level of hate & apathy towards this game.. I do understand the concept that its not as close to the eatlier titles as some would like,but this is still a good game,& the marks that a lot have given this for the wrong or petty reasons is insulting frankly.At worst you have Leons campaign,a full length classic Resi experience with Zombies & tension,so whats the problem!? Personally,i think the franchise needed to move on.The story certainly has.The virus is a global threat now,so we cant be wandering back & forth through rooms for hours in a mansion in the woods,ferrying keys & bits of crests to open doors,literally useless Hand to hand & shooting at enemies that are offscreen! Thats was ok for its time,but do you really want to go back to all that now i know i don't.If Capcom hadn't chanded the formula,they'd rightly get criticised for not evolving,such as Activision with CoD,& when they do change,& bend over backwards to try to please all,they get this reaction?! One just cant help feeling,Capcom can't win these days..
  8. Oct 16, 2012
    With a fantastic story, memorable characters, exhilarating set pieces, and a masterful blend of all the best elements found in previous iterations of the franchise, Resident Evil 6 delivers an unforgettable experience which every fan of the series ought to partake in.
  9. Oct 5, 2012
    Best Action Game of the year. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario. Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Leon.
  10. Oct 11, 2012
    Como voces sabem, a maior prova que a Capcom poderia ter que Resident Evil 6 foi um grande sucesso, aconteceu! O game ja vendeu mais de 4,5 milhoes de copias e espera atingir a marca de 7 milhoes ate 31/03/2013. Os jogadores que compraram, ainda tiveram a oportunidade de jogar uma extensa demo antes de decidir pela compra.
  11. Oct 6, 2012
    It gets a ten really only to balance out the unwarranted super-bombing in the game. It's far from a great game and not the best in the series by a long shot. It's riddled with a few technical problems and annoyances- but nothing that makes it unplayable. The story is... well, typical of Resident Evil. Which, no matter what anyone says, has always been questionable and even oft times silly. Since the first game. So you get the same ol', same ol' there. Chris' campaign is unsurprisingly weak while Leon's is worth the play through for nearly every step. Over all though, it's a pretty damn fun co-op experience. Playing it alone is a waste of your time, but with a good friend? You'll get at least some hours of enjoyment for your money. It's at least a recommended rent. I might suggest buying it, but I'd wait for a better deal; half the current price maybe.

Honestly, if you liked RE4 and RE5, you'll at least find some things in this game to like enough for continued play. If you're more of a fan of the classic Resident Evil games, well... you're out of luck. But you've been out of luck for half a decade now, so you shouldn't even be bothering at this point, should you?

In all, a mediocre to slightly good game. It won't bring you anything truly unique and new to enjoy (except far better controls than RE4/5 with much more options on what you can do) and doesn't really ADD to the series in any meaningful way. But it also doesn't really bring anything disappointing- it's far from the let down disaster of other games released this year (at least Capcom didn't pull an EA/BioWare on you).
  12. Oct 7, 2012
    Giving it a 10 just to counter all the nonsense 0's people are giving out. I've played for a couple of hours on Leon's campaign, and this game is a solid 7.5-8/10 so far.
  13. Sep 9, 2013
    Baffled by all the negative reviews for this game. You get several campaigns, all pretty long with different characters and playing styles. Online component is really good (mercenaries is a blast). The graphics are top notch and make you feel as though you're in a film, and the audio is also strong with a good music score in particular. Only downside is the quick time events break up the pacing somewhat. An impressive game in so many ways I don't understand why people are slamming it so much. Expand
  14. Oct 28, 2012
    Some overpaid clown on a review site told me Resident Evil 6 is TERRIBLE and I believe it because I watched a video but have never played the game or its two predecessors/played the first 10 minutes of the game after having bought the game for $60 without playing the demo first/am an idiot. I think this game is bad because it isn't scary and there is too much action and also there are quick time events. It is OK if God of War is nothing but quick time events but every half an hour Resident Evil 6 has a quick time event so I don't like it. Resident Evil 4 and 5 did not have any quick time events at all and were super scary and they were not third person shooters with any amount of action. They just had lots of running around and backtracking through empty hallways, combining arbitrary objects into keys while auto-aiming at zombies that had way too much health. I liked it better when it took more than an entire magazine from a pistol just to kill a single zombie. Those were the good, old days, back when no skill or thought was required to play the game. Resident Evil 6 shouldn't have changed the formula set by Resident Evil 4 and 5, 4 having come out in 2004 and 5 having come out in 2009.
    Wait, you mean to tell me Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 are also third person shooters full of quick time events and lots of action and the same camera angle with comparable controls and gameplay? You're saying that Resident Evil 6 actually has less quick time events because now dodge rolling is a manual function? That Resident Evil 6 is really fun and that comparing it to crappy PS1 games that came out 16 years ago is stupid and that I should have complained about the change back in 2004?
    Then maybe I should shut my stupid mouth about how Resident Evil 6 is "different" from the rest of the Resident Evil series and enjoy it as a genuinely good game with a couple of issues that don't ruin the overall experience.
  15. Oct 4, 2012
    Trolls are everywhere on this title. Well worth the wait. Well worth the time. Well worth the money. actual score would have to be an 8.5 outta 10 but had to give it a ten to help offset the trolls.
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    Superb game. It's sad to see it's been the target for a lynch mob of fanatical internet trolls but as we all know, sites like this have given the most intellectually handicapped people a soap box for venting their rancor. Not only do they undermine a game of substantial quality but they pervert the Metacritic score system to the point where it becomes curupted and meaningless. Because of this I have awarded the game a 10 when 9 is perhaps more appropriate. The series has moved on from being a minimalist survival horror game but Resident Evil 6 is nevertheless a superbly realised and imaginative action adventure game with great graphics and some eye popping set pieces. It's pure videogame and a pleasure to play. Good job Capcom! Expand
  17. Oct 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All these negative reviews are all trolls or idiots that only play Call of Duty games. These bad reviewers are not true fans of the Resident Evil series because they can't accept change and always compare the newer games to the original which is preposterous since games will always progress. The plot line in Resident Evil 6 is SUPERB. Having the game split into 4 separate campaigns is genius and allows and interesting flow of events to unfold and have different points of view on how things unfold. People are comparing the action of the game to Call of Duty and saying there's no horror in this game, that is complete BS! Capcom brought back horror in this game in that, they brought back the darkness. I don't know about the rest of these 12 year olds who have the light setting in there game very high, but me and my buddy played it at a nice low level where it's meant to be at. The large amount of zombies and monsters in this game was awesome and really had me and my friend at the edge of our seat. The action outside the cathedral, and inside was terrific and exciting and very tense. Capcom did a very good job of bringing tension back to the game like they had in Resident Evil 4. Sure there's somethings I didn't really like about Resident Evil 6 like the skill point system instead of a money system. It's something new, though, and I'm not some sap who can't accept change so I went along with the flow of things. Anyone who's not an idiot and can enjoy a well written and directed game and that's a fan of the Resident Evil series, get this game. The character and story progression is great. Expand
  18. Nov 11, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game very doubtful to evaluate. The main problem was the bet Capcom just innovation. The staff cared so much that he forgot to innovate polishing in some points. Still, the game can be great.

- Visual: 8.8
      - Gameplay: 7.0
      - History: 9.2
      - Audio: 8.4
      - Fun: 9.8

- Final Rating: 9.0
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    There is much troll on this page, this game and they will destroy their multiaccounts like call of duty and diablo 3, but unfortunately did not have anything to do if not **** and put 0 to a game that, while for many has been the best work ... personally has been the best game of resident evil .. varied and fun game.
  20. Oct 3, 2012
    I don't understand all the hate. Resident Evil 6 is a great game that is far better than it's predecessor (Resident Evil 5) with great graphics, better and improved controls and is much more fun to play. It's my favourite since Resident Evil 4. I honest don't understand why all these trolls are attacking this game, I don't think there is much wrong with the game (apart from the camera work) and is actually really fun to play, much better than most mainstream games such as Call of Duty and other types. Don't let the trolls fool you, this is a great game and don't let them ruin the fun for you. Expand
  21. Oct 7, 2012
    I will like to say one thing to all the people who gave this game negative reviews and that is; what did you all expect. This is entirely every gamers fault who praised Resident Evil 4 for leading this series to this and any other series into its direction. We cant blame companies for adding certain aspects of a game like QTE, cutscenes,its linear gamestyle and gameplay mechanics to a game we like and adding there twist on it. I cant be mad at this game for that because that is what is expected of it. The fans are the ones that killed this series and the same is going to happen with Dead Space 3. As for my take on Resident Evil 6 well I have to say as a fan of the series and playing all the games this is by far the true sequel I was waiting for since playing Nemesis. I was not a fan of the sibling rivalries of the Redfields and Ashfords in Code Veronica. I was not a fan of the Gun Survivors or the outbreaks games. Resident Evil 4 was to me the worst of the franchise which didn't explain anything at all and was a complete detachment of the series. As for Resident Evil 5 well we have to blame Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War co-op for that and that.

My only gripe with the game was the amount of cutscenes this game had. Its something that's expected with games now especially ones made in Japan. This to me is the biggest problem with the game industry. I believe that these game developers need someone to advise them how much of this **** is needed and relevant in telling a story without sacrificing gameplay and also it helps decrease the games production value considerably. Its like they are confused in what they are trying to develop, a game or a movie.

The other thing was the wrestling combat. As for ammo I never had a problem since the first skill I bought was the increase item drop. Which to me made the most sense to pick up first. This game took all the best stuff from all the games and made it feel new. Zombies are back on fans demand and people still complain. There is a total of 4 campaigns and multiplayer elements which is alot of stuff on a PS3 disc. So I suggest buying this game because quite frankly as since the year began there really hasnt been any good games released so far. So I say give it a try you'll be surprised.
  22. Oct 8, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 follows in the footsteps of both 4 ( with 4 it has big shoes to fill) & 5 and does so brilliantly as it emulates the 4th's gritty setting and tension while keeping the 5th's lust for blood and guns it isn
  23. Oct 3, 2012
    I have read, re-read, and re-evaluated all of these reviews. And all I have to say is you need to think of it as a Resident Evil game, rather than an action game. And then it truly shines Yes it has different mechanics, yes it has its problems. But it still has that old school resident evil feel that we all know and love. Give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed.
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    You really gotta be a super nerd to give this game a 0. I've been playing Resident Evil since the 1st entry on Playstation. There have been a lot of missteps in the franchise over the years, but this is not one of them. I'm about halfway through the campaign for Leon Kennedy and I've had a great time so far. The graphics and animations are amazing. The gameplay is a nice step up from Resident Evil 5. I don't know what these nerds are whining about. Expand
  25. Oct 6, 2012
    love it, all these zero's are atrocious, if your looking for re4 this isnt it get over it, so stop crying because you want another version of an old game, capcom wants to tap into a new market and some of us love it
  26. Oct 12, 2012
    Resident Evil ha cambiado y es un juego super completo y entretenido... no te dejes llevar por los reviews... sin duda si eres un real fanatico de la franquicia te encantara.... no es un juego perfecto pero es de lo mejor que ha salido de la franquicia... tienes para todos los gustos
  27. Oct 4, 2012
    People need to rate this game on how the game actually is and not just be angry because its not like the old style Resident Evil's (which i am a fan of and still prefer).
    Resident Evil 6 is unfortunately mainly an action game so rating it as an action game with horror elements means its fantastic as a stand alone game. There is so much to do and gives you hours of gameplay time.
    The
    graphics are great and the story is still brilliant. This is a huge improvement on Resident Evil 5 and i will be looking forward to getting the DLC even though i disagree with Capcom releasing it on the 360 first but it is a business at the end of the day.
    For Resident Evil 7 i would like Capcom to take more of a horror route (dead space style) but as long as the action and gore is RE6 standard i will still be happy.
    This game does NOT deserve such low ratings!
  28. Oct 27, 2012
    I don't know why people is complaining about this game. I've been playing all the campaigns and Having a lot of fun so far. Leon's campaign is awesome. Chris is nice as well. Now I`m playing JAKE'S campaign. I confess, my first thought when I bought this was to play in a day and them trade, but no, I will keep this with me. LOVE IT so far. Of course we have GIANT enemies and huge beasts plus J avos and stuff.

The graphics are well done, the textures no much. IMMERSIVE and ENTERTAINING! I LOVE IT.

LOT OF PEOPLE WHO'S COMPLAINING I BET THAT THEY DID PLAY ON YOUTUBE. I LOVED SO FAR. AGAIN IMMERSIVE AND ENTERTAINING!
  29. Oct 4, 2012
    An overall entertaining game, 6 improves on several things from the old games (like the controls), but is ultimately flawed. The aforementioned controls, for instance, would work brilliantly if this were an actual survival horror game and not an action game, where they're inferior to more standard controls. The co-op is brilliant, allowing multiple players to see battles from completely different perspectives, and Agent Hunt is a welcome addition. There's over 30 hours of campaign, Mercenaries, and several different multiplayer game modes to keep gamers playing for hours.
    Overall, it's a weak game compared to its predecessors, but it stands out in comparison to most modern action shooters; some elements of the game should remain in the inevitable future titles, but they should reserve the hyper-actionized gameplay for spin-offs. Those looking for an enjoyable hardcore romp will enjoy this game; those looking for survival horror would be better off investing in recent 3DS game Resident Evil: Revelations, or Ubisoft's upcoming game ZombiU.

(Deserves a 7/10, but I'm giving it 10/10 to try and offset all the 0/10-rating multi-accounters who've never played the game and don't intend to)
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    Whilst I don't believe this game deserves a 10/10 I think it needs more balance when clearly people are clicking 0 with no justifiability. This game is actually pretty good despite it's short coming's. I was excited for this game and while mostly good there are a few glaring issues. Firstly there is no denying the camera is atrocious. It locks on to objects when you don't want it to and in corridors it can begin spazzing out and while it's annoying, it doesn't ruin the experience. There are some sections i.e. the stealth section in Jake/Sherry's campaign, are quite boring and a little frustrating, but the moments it gets right makes up for these moments to make what is a half decent game. I haven't gotten really far into it but I doubt most people on here rating this game a 0 have, it's a long game, has an interesting and intriguing story and unfortunately because a few too many critics and fans are so butt hurt that the game isn't survival horror any more it gets bad reviews and probably won;t sell as well as it should.
    You should at least give this game a chance, don;t write it off because of the less than great reviews.
  31. Oct 4, 2012

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.