1.3

Overwhelming dislike- based on 336 Ratings

1. Jul 25, 2014
    1. It's offensive to people in the south, and women. 2. It's totally broken. You die without knowing why. 3. It's GTA IV: TLAD rip off. 4. It received a 3 on it's scoring. 5. No one really liked it. 6. The bike physic are terrible. 7. The gameplay is garbage. 8. The story is garbage. 9. Jake Conway, the main character has no weakness. Which makes the game incredibly easy and boring.
    10. It's just bad.
    11. The Graphics, look like they were made for the PS2, the Xbox, or the GameCube.

If you want to play a game that takes place in the south play Red Dead Redemption. Don't waste your money on this broken wreck. Some fans idiot fans said this game was going to go toe to toe with GTA V. I don't know where they got that idea from
  2. Jul 20, 2014
    The game is an overall disgrace. But what really sets it out from all of the other truly bad games out there is that it's approach to sex is disgusting and unbelievably juvenile. It feels as though it was just put in there by immature developers just so they could have a few giggles. If you're going to put sex in a game, then put in there for effect and developing a relationship with a character. Don't put it in as if it was a bullet point on a list. A terrible game, one that I urge you never to buy in your life. Seriously. Expand
  3. Jun 21, 2014
    *Sigh* Never in my life have I played a game so bad that I felt bad for returning it to the store. Going through many development cycles, this game is more bug than mission. The voice acting is ******* atrocious. The gameplay is forgettable... and this game isn't worth anyone's time. Just... avoid it. 0/10

All copies should be burnt.
  4. May 24, 2014
    One word of advice:Stay away from this GODDAMN game it's so **** that it can give you tourettes in fact im gonna review this COCK with tourettes cause this game needs just that. The story will RAPE your mind with confusion, driving mechanics are a **** disaster and finally the "open word (!)"will scare the **** out of you.Wow **** job of you guys
  5. May 9, 2014
    what was this piece of crap I was playing god it was so bad it made me want to watch Miley Cyrus twerk instead of playing this i bought it and I got my money back just dont I meant don't get this game if you do you must not know what a video game is
  6. Apr 17, 2014
    Why does this game exist? The gameplay is boring, the music terrible and repetitive, has a DISCUSTING AND CREEPY view on sexual life and terrible everything. The voice acting is some of the worst I have heard, the driving makes you want to puke and you have to deal with this for 10-12 HOURS!

You start the game with a turret section, a quick time event and a cut scene. Off to a flying
    start aren't we. Then you are thrown into a story that I could have written better, and voice acting that sounds like they were two year olds AND HAVE I MENTIONED THE GRAPHICS THAT LOOK LIKE THEY CAME OFF THE EARLY YEARS OF THEORIGIONAL XBOX? THIS IS 2013 PEOPLE!

Back to the story, you're brother ends up dead as he was killed by the same people who killed your dad because (and this is the answer to the epic mystery of the game) they didn't like him very much.....

The enemies eat up bullets like a ham sandwich and the movement feels like it has too be pushed off a cliff to move one pace forwards! That's all ill say about that part of the game.

The other primary mechanic is bike racing and your opponents can die but you don't have to kill them as they fly off to the right and EXPLODE! FOR NO REASON! If you so much as nudge the joystick you will fly off to the side of the screen and DIE! And you don't even need to win the race, if you have managed to stay on you bike hen the time runs out, YOU WIN!

The most disturbing part about it is the open quote "SEX SCENES" women act as POWER UPS, you will find them having no good done to them by some random guy, you kill him and they immediately have sex with you.....WHAT? and its not even sexy it looks like rubbing two fish together WHO TREATS WOMEN LIKE THAT ITS THE TWENTY FIRST CENTUARY...just....oh my god....

I like to give bad games the few merits they deserve BUT THIS DOSNT HAVE ANY! APART FROM A WEIRDLY EXTENSIVE CUSTOMISER FOR YOUR BIKE IN A RACEING MECHANIC THAT STINKS!

THE KINDEST THING I CAN SAY ABOUT IT IS THAT IT IS LAZY, EVIL AND STINKS OF QUICK CASH MAKER BUT THIS COMPANY CANNOT MAKE A DECENT GAME TO SAVE THEIR PATHETIC LIVES AND HERES THE EVEDENCE NO ONE SHOULD BYE THIS....EVER.......please........
  7. Apr 12, 2014
    this game is a disaster,it's funny cause it is crap just stay out from this game
    And you'll be fine you can't find games like this anywhere because this is the one and only **** Ass GamE!
  8. Apr 2, 2014
    if a game as bad as this could be released you could do anything in life but still if i had to grade this between a sweaty mexican and a naked african woman it would be a n ugly canadian
  9. Mar 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I absolutely HAD to review this game. I couldn’t let it escape my rage. You think you’re going to get away? You come here… you’re not getting away. Right off the bat, this **** game makes a terrible first impression. You’re awkwardly thrown into a turret segment, that feels broken without any rhyme or reason and suddenly, you’re in a terrible quicktime event brawl.

Again, with no explanation. Then, you’re driving your floaty-ass motorcycle in a race reminiscent of Big Rigs or Mother Truckers, unable to do anything more than quicktime events as enemies materialize from thin air from the sides to fight you and then fly off in random directions EXPLODING FOR NO **** REASON!!!!!

It’s like the game is intentionally trying to get you to absolutely hate it’s **** guts! In the opening sequence!

But it gets worse, much worse. Never has a game earned it’s namesake like Ride to **** Hell has! The retribution of my FIST into the developers’ faces! The poorly written story follows Jake Conway, or “Badass Biker #1”, who has recently returned from the Vietnam War to his uncle and his little brother.

The game makes an attempt to have you bond with him as you ride on the open road together in sequences so poor, you’d swear you were playing an early alpha.

The graphics: muddy, lowres, angular, and looking like something straight off an early Xbox One. One! As in the original. All is horrid, I mean well, until a bunch of rival bikers show up to kill you both.

By the way, the voice acting in this game is SOME OF THE WORST I’VE EVER **** EXPERIENCED!!!

No, no, scratch that. It is the worst **** voice acting ever!

Even the worst dub job in Japanese games I’ve played have more emotion and believability than the sorry excuse for voice overs here.

It’s as if all of the lines were recorded in the bathroom of the studio by unpaid interns.

In fact, you will immediately notice that it’s not just the voice acting, but nearly all of the sound design in the game. When you **** up the bike sound effects in your goddamn biker game, you know you done ****ED IT UP!!!

It’s literally the same tone once you hit 40 mph, and you can’t hear **** when they talk.

So many other sounds in the game are just straight up missing. The cutscenes are eerily quiet because of it.

And many things in the game that should have sounds, like slamming into things when you’re driving, or cars driving by in the distance, have no sound whatsoever. And the sounds that are there sound like they’ve come from a generic library, or worse. Hell, I could even go to freesound.org, and find superior clips then what’s in this **** game. So anyway, after your brother is murdered, and you’re shot and left for dead, it’s time to magically reappear with no explanation, and go out for you revenge, over the course of 37 broken, boring, repetitive, and mind-numbingly dull missions.

Now, originally planned for release in 2009, this thing has been in development since 2008, the Ride to Hell series. It’s been cancelled, pushed back and revived numerous times, and it should have stayed **** cancelled. The game was supposed to be an open world biker game, in the backdrop of the 1960’s. You could explore the open world in the western part of the United States, working your way through the ranks of a tough motorcycle gang. That sounds cool. Only what we got here is an aborted, desperately cobbled together pretender. It’s like a dead **** carcass taped back together, and presented to us as if it was still alive.

The worst **** part is they think they can make a franchise out of this. Yeah! On May 28, 2013, Deep Silver was quoted as saying, “It’s not something that everyone will like. Definitely not. We’re going to have people who even hate it. But we know we’re going to have a lot of fans as well. A lot of people will love it. A lot of people will laugh. It’s going to be an exciting thing.” NO! NO IT’S **** NOT!!!! NOBODY’S LAUGHING!!

IT’S TERRIBLE! The series is launching as three separate titles for iOS, console download, and as full console and Windows PC releases. The publisher can branch out to new demographics. Don’t you **** dare. Do you hear me? Don’t you even try it. No. No.

Now game, let me explain to you why this sucks. Gameplay breaks down into one of two things: either fighting, shooting sections in large, mostly static and empty area levels, or: driving/racing. Only you don’t so much drive, as you do slide all around the place, as every damn vehicle in the game feels like it’s on a goddamn skating rink, floating, lacking any weight or impact.

Enemy vehicles careen off the road for no **** reason to their deaths, triggering the same damn explosion sound, every **** time.

You couldn’t pay for two explosion sounds in your own piece of **** game? And you actually have the audacity to ask for 30 bucks? More than twice the amount of some of the best **** arcade games? Are you crazy? This is criminal.
  10. Feb 16, 2014
    A truly abysmal game, but I cannot help but enjoy it as an unintentional comedy. Yes, the game would be considered bad even 10 years ago, but the sheer amount of mistakes does make for entertainment. Just how did a sidequest of sexing up women in a back alley immediately after beating up the attackers get in the game? the aiming is horribly stiff yet headshots are guaranteed a lot of the time. The baddies die in a sort of assassins creed way of finding out the ultimate mystery, but the big reveal could not be anymore antclimactic. Jake getting angry after one of the rival boss bikers dies has made me laugh a few times, and adding to it is an overly corny 60's rock track which does not fit the tone a lot of the time.

Recommended to play if you are into playing games to find out why they are bad, and ONLY if its at bargain bin price. A full retail buy is not to be done at any cost.
  11. Feb 9, 2014
    Oh dear god this game this game this **** game. It has an awful story terrible music audio cut outs awful camera awful controls awful driving sections awful everything. Women are used for sex even the sex scenes are awful. But i will say i liked the idea of the story and the graphics also its fun to laugh at. This game is one i regret playing to this day but it was really funny and fun to rip on. Thats why it gets a four out of ten. Expand
  12. Feb 8, 2014
    This game is the most broken games out there. So close to rigs of rods and WarZ. If I could choose Call of Duty or this piece of crap, I'd choose Call of Duty
  13. Feb 7, 2014
    What the flying f**k is this piece of crap? I mean seriously I would have rather gotten eaten alive by those walkers in the alleyway with Ben than play this Hot coffee spinoff of a game which will send you to hell and beyond, I would rather play big rigs over the roads racing than this steaming pile of poo... There I said it! No one should every say that ever! now lord have mercy on all the idiots that purchase and still play this game.
    I'm Kenny from the walking dead and I review it to save a life.
  14. Jan 31, 2014
    Do NOT buy this piece of crap. Everything is wrong. The graphics, dialogue, and every other factor in a game was lazily constructed. And, oh my god, the GLITCHES. A. Landscape setup problems B. Uncontrollable power slides C. Falling under the sandbox D. Invisible walls and floors E. Driving through some objects F. Text following you saying "all enemies in the area are dead"

They should make a Ride to Hell landfill.
  15. Jan 27, 2014
    This game is horrible. Stay away at all cost. If you play it, it will make you insane. Watch AngryJoe video on it if you want to see just how bad this game is.
  16. Jan 26, 2014
    This is one of those games that we are going to analyze all it's faults (it has many) and make fun of forever. This game has the maturity of an 8 year old and the mind of a kinky sex addict. The game looks like an alpha and it is a crime people paid to play it. Angry Joe did a great review of this. Deep Silver tried to make him take it down but they gave up because people flocked to their twitter and complained. Honestly what a **** thing to do just because he reviewed your **** game honestly. Expand
  17. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is so bad, I think the developers and everyone related to the story should be extremely embarrassed.I luckily never bought the game because I never liked the biker genre.Though I have seen plenty of horrible reviews.But as a warning to anyone expecting anything good look elsewhere.Now I'll tell you guys why this should be incinerated and then recycled into plastic.Horrible story -Terrible dialogue -Horrible and offensive portrayal of women -Game looks like somebody took a **** in a box -Terrible game play -tons of missing animations and sounds -voice recording sounds horrible and I could go on but I don't want to waste my time talking about this game. DON'T BUY. Expand
  18. Jan 18, 2014
    This might be the worse game ever. I'm being serious, the voice acting is the worst, the gameplay is awful, the story is non-sensical, and the sex scenes are just plain offensive, and sexist, and the graphics are worse than games released a decade ago, seriously. Avoid this “game" at all costs.
  19. Dec 26, 2013
    Anyone who gave this review really do have problem. This is like a pile of s**t, the graphics are horrible, gameplay is horrible and you should never, ever consider buying this.
  20. Dec 8, 2013
    this game is so bad its worsrer then et on atari 260 im npt s**ting you its worsrer then pacman and ET on atari 260 AND DONT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT WORTH $19.99 FOR THIS GAME!
  21. Nov 26, 2013
    Seriously, I can't find another "game" that's worse than this. Other than Day One: Garry's Incident, of course.
    Deep Silver decided to sew together a racing game with GTA, and rake in all the cash they can get from over-excited 12 year-olds that weren't already addicted to Call of Duty.
    But seriously, if you're going to put sex in a game, at least let me get a boner from it.
  22. Nov 8, 2013
    All I can say about this game is that it is terrible and anyone who believes this game is great really need to play it again with smarts of how bad it is. This is literally a prime example of a terrible execution of how a game plays. Graphics are weak comparing to old gen consoles (Yes, PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox graphics) that shows how lazy the developers are. The worst offense is the gameplay. The fighting mechanics are more of a long chore of mashing buttons and the shooting mechanics are mediocre with all (I mean ALL) weapons are like peashooters until if you manage to pull off headshots (Which is easy to do) that will put them down immediately. The motorbike driving mechanics are repetitive that makes it either too easy or well, no sense of it needing it there. It terribly reminds me of two terrible games: Shellshock 2 Blood Trails and Duke Nukem Forever. In result, avoid this game like the plague or if you have this game return it or use it for trade-in money. This is the only best thing you can do with it. Expand
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    DESTROY ALL COPIES OF THIS GAME!!!!!!!!! IT is an abomination!!!!! The gameplay,story, cutscenes, missions, riding mechanics, A.I, movement, characters, weapons, music and sex scenes are a complete and utter JOKE!!! This game makes Marlow Briggs look like a good game even though it is not.
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is the abomination of the 7th generation of consoles. All of the story is confusing, the controls are disgusting and the bike riding is broken. For example, you randomly fly off to the right and explode and it took few hours to complete... Despite the glitches and everything I got a few good laughs out of it and its not the worst idea of a game. Its just Deep Silver took a huge crap on the game. Expand
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    C'mon Deep Silver you are better than this.

This game is soo broken and frustrating and i can't believe my brain has exploded yet. chopped full of bugs and cheap deaths. This game gives players a plethora of deaths, and hilariously bad fighting mechanics. if you are that sadistic. and want a painfully bad game to get mad at and bust your TV or Monitor? Play it then.
  26. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is about 10 hours long...This game has the worst voice acting ever seen!BTW it has the worst sound effects ever heard!The graphics are from the Nintendo DS,the levels are drawn by a 3 year old!It is disgusting how they make women just brain-dead sex objects!I couldnt give 2 about the characters.
    The A.I? Well...There is none!
  27. Nov 1, 2013
    Never rated a game so low
    Is a pile of Everything is bad in this game. Every single thing
    Whoever made it should just quit life because this is garbage
  28. Nov 1, 2013
    How about this, go to your nearest landfill site and find how many copies of this game are in this landfill site it could take you a while but I'll assure you you'll find quite a few.
  29. Nov 1, 2013
    One of the worst games I've played.

Repetitive missions, awful camera issues, terrible driving physics, awful textures and almost no sound effects whatsoever.

Avoid at all costs!
  30. Oct 30, 2013
    By far the worst game I played in the past 20 years, and I played Alien Colonial Marines, Man vs. Wild, and Superman 54... but this one takes the cake. It has very poor storyline, horrid game play, terrible acting that would be laugh out of a Twilight movie, animation is lazy and already outdated, and most of all the worst sound effects EVER in a video game and that includes amateur and college made video games. It take that back, this game has the worst sound effects EVER! I cannot put into words how bad and lazy the sound effects are. I also notice the credits did not bother to list the people in the sound effects department as if they knew their sound effects are terrible and lazy. The whole team of this game should not work on another video game again.

Who were the testers for this game? They sure did not do their jobs as well the people in the sound effects department. Who thought this would be a good game upon release? Those people need to be on a drug test because how they cannot see at least half of the problems this game have?

I will just stop right here because this game has irritated more than it should have. I know I give this 0/10, but this game should get a -100,000/10.
  31. Oct 24, 2013
    Ride to Hell: Retribution: 1% (seriously?) is an unpolished, unfinished, broken, morally reprehensible travesty. I can't even make a recommendation to those who might want to experience it ironically. There is no amount of alcohol that a person could responsibly ingest to make this waste of megabytes seem appealing on any level.
  32. Sep 19, 2013
    Save your money on this guys! Oh, and if that's the real Major Nelson giving this game a 9/10, he's lost all my respect... Then again, it's probably just a troll. But whatever... Save your money on this one guys, the controls are awful and the graphics look like they're from the PlayStation 2 era. I don't know how someone can get away with releasing this literal ride to Hell in 2013... The developers should have their funding taken away forever, and not be allowed to make another game again... Expand
  33. Sep 4, 2013
    This game needs to destroy it's self.. seriously a rape scene and then she's going to thank you by sleeping w/ you?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I hope you guys get the crap sued out of you!!!! Out of all the imaginiation in the world this is what you have to offer????? Those created this game should go hang themselves!
  34. Sep 3, 2013
    you know i dont believe in giving a game a whole zero unless it sucks that much that is how bad this is
    pros: decent bike customization, Jake is an extremely relatable character because his line "id rather be polishing boots then sitting through this crap" is how you feel the whole game
    cons: gameplay, story, voice acting, sound design, missing sound FX, graphics, creepy and awkward sex
    scene, idiot logic, frustratingly long, melee combat is like arkham citys combat if it sucked, soundtrack
    this is the worst thing made ever. how did deep silver publish saints row 4,dead island riptide,and THIS all in the same year
  35. Aug 31, 2013
    This game is broken. Don't buy it. There are lots of people giving good ratings to this game. Don't listen to them, you know who you are. There is no re-playability (why would you do this in the first place, be my guest) and no distinguishing parts that make this game stand out. There is no unique content, like the developers decided it was too hard and made a hollow shell of a game that USED to have a good concept. Please Don't Play This. Expand
  36. Aug 31, 2013
    AWFUL!!! AWFUL!!!!! AWFUL!!!! This is the worst game I have ever played!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! Don't even play it just to see how bad it is!!!! This is without a doubt the worst game ever released on console or PC!!! Big Rigs was so bad its good, cause it was one big glitch, but this actually tries to take itself seriously WTF!!!! This looks like a game from 2003, THATS NO JOKE!!! Everything about this game SUCKS!!!! If I could go negative I would I would give it a -5 out of 10!!! An EPIC FAIL ON EVERY LEVEL! Expand
  37. Aug 30, 2013
    In Ride To Hell you do indeed ride to hell, because anything this glitchy, this boring and this awful will force anyone to ride to the darkest depths of hell.
  38. Aug 30, 2013
    This game fails on every conceivable level. The driving, shooting, and "exploration" are all awkward and soporific. The dialogue seems to have been written by a twelve year old, and recorded by some of the worst "voice actors" in history. It's art style is ugly and difficult to look at, and the music is monotonous, when it's even playing. The game is absolutely disgusting in the way it treats women; I've never seen a more misogynistic game. This is a game in which you murder a woman's husband, and then immediately have sex with her afterword. The worst part of it all is that these scenes are fully clothed. This isn't "so bad it's good", it's just plain bad. I pity anyone who spent money on this trash.

I've lost all respect for Deep Silver. Shame on every single one of the developers, for being so talentless and idiotic, for actually putting their money on this piece of This is easily the worst game ever made.
  39. Aug 29, 2013
    This game is godawful, But brings anew list of idea's that people will on, But the game could of've been awesome. At least the best part about the game is the soundtrack itself!
    Though I mainly enjoy this game for it's Humor glitch's and bugs.
    These game is 9/10 if your looking for a humorous time, In other words; I give it a 2/10
  40. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ride to Hell takes false advertising to a new level. It promises well developed, fun and innovative gameplay with the addition of fun bike sequences and a gripping story that will have you on the edge your seat for the entire game. Instead we are given literally in all it's rights, a "Ride to Hell"

This game had been in development for more than a few years and on release day all they got it is an army of unappeased customers. The game offers lack-luster game-play with very stiff generic mechanics and throughout the whole game you will find it nothing but a chore. You get boring shooting gallery's which you transition either through a barrage of loading screens and terrible cut-scenes filled with awful voice acting, stale sound and hardly any character development.

The bike sections are just criminal there is no freedom and is more of an annoyance than anything. You go down a linear path riding your bike that seems to have almost no physics at all, and seems almost weightless as it constantly veers off one side to another. There is no punishment for hitting an obstacle of any sort, these obstacles consist of a wooden fence at the side and a nauseating amount of props lighting effects and explosions as the half-assed AI fly's into the wooden fence and explodes.

As for sound design. It's something you would get in a fisher prices advert. (Might be pushing it) they seem to be something you would get off a soundboard, or MP3 website. Some websites offer even higher quality sounds than that in the game. The soundtrack is repetitive and irritating in all respects and I had found myself turning that quite quickly.

As well as for story? You will find yourself lost throughout and will have no clue what is going on. Especially the intro to the game being a turret gallery. The game will also put you through very awkward "Sex" scenes I put it in commas as really it's just character models fully clothed doing inappropriate things that are way too detailed for anyone's liking. The way you get to sit through these awkward sequences is by... Beating up a womans husband. Killing a rapist in an alleyway. Because I am sure after that sort of experience any girl would want to rip your clothes off.

All in all I think this game is just awful, the price is criminal and is like robbing candy from a baby at £30 base price. $40 dollars I think in US it is most definitely not worth it. This game would even make reviewers like IGN not want to take a large sum of money to appraise this game. This is not a must buy and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It is a shame with a game that could of had a lot of potential and such a great premise with a unique art style to fall so flat and become a monotonous chore.

Final Score| 1/10 -God awful mess.
  41. Aug 28, 2013
    Im giving it 1 because the game is sooooo teeeeeeeeerrible,that I almost had some fun! But the best thing to do is just forget this game was ever made
  42. Aug 26, 2013
    You know, I would insult this game a lot, but I see that you guys already have. So I guess I'll just contribute to the bad score that this bad game deserves.
  43. Aug 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game may just be worth getting solely for the sheer amount of laughter you will experience whilst playing this game, unfortunately you will be laughing AT the game not with it.
    The game is ridiculously broken story wise game play wise and logic wise like seriously when the game tried to teach me how to power-slide I realized you could just power-slide for virtually forever with no momentum and then I veered off to thee right and I'm not even joking here, just blew up randomly for no apparent reason, more tedious game-play later and a girl decided she wanted to thank me with sex through her overalls for beating her ex husband up.....I can't really overstate how bad this game is don't buy it unless you enjoy playing bad games oh and as a side note when your brother dies why the hell he screams NOOOOOOO in the way that I would scream no if the world ran out of bacon I have no idea
  44. Aug 20, 2013
    This game sucks. Let me get it out of the way right now. This is, without a doubt, the worst game of 2013 thus far.
    That said, you must play this game, or watch a let's play of it. It's absolutely hilarious. Not worth $30 of your own money, but hilarious nonetheless.

Performance: Looks like an early-era PS2 game. The models are weird and blocky, textures are exceedingly horrible, and
    glitches pop up all over the place. Throw in random crashes, and just as random FPS dives, you have a game that one may consider, "Not very optimized and good looking". They're that bad.

Sound: About six or seven music tracks that repeat throughout the entire game. You'll grow bored with them quickly. The sound effects are weak, and makes it seem like you're hitting your foes with Nerf weapons. However, the saving grace is the hilariously bad voice acting.

The VA is Resident Evil 1 quality, and that's not entirely a bad thing. Just about every line in this game is read so awkwardly it's sure to bring a smile to your face.

Control: I won't be judging the game's control, as much as I'll be judging the lack of it. There are two "modes" in the game: When you're on a motorcycle, and when you're on foot.

On a motorcycle, the controls are hilariously bad. There's no physics, you awkwardly slide around on the bike, and the Powerslide move is...you just have to see it. What's not so hilarious is the combat on a 'cycle: To beat enemies, you have to mash a button until a bar is full, then they're instantly killed. Repeat about 10 times per section. It's not great.

On foot, you have full access to your weapons. You can point, shoot, and take cover, generic stuff, but you can also, like Dead to Rights: Retribution, mix it up with melee combat. And, just like in Dead to Rights: Retribution, it doesn't work very well.

Melee combat works like this: Preform the guard block on someone, mash the attack button, repeat. There's a counter mechanic, like Arkham Asylum/City, but it doesn't serve that much of a purpose, since most of the fist fights are painfully easy and repetitive.

Occasionally, the protagonist gets mad and makes a hilarious scream, and then preforms an insta-kill QTE that actually takes longer to kill the enemies as opposed to just hitting them. Worth seeing at least once.

Gunplay, well, it works. You can shoot things, but even the tutorial games developed in the Gamemaker engine can pull that off. The real issue is, a lot of the controls revolve around QTEs. That's not okay, at all.

Gameplay: You play as Jake Conway, the son of William Conway, who was part of a bike gang known as Retribution. Your brother was killed by a rival gang named The Devil's Hand, and Jake is out for revenge. Don't worry, the story doesn't get any deeper than this, and just about everyone has no character development at all.

With a storyline as simple as this, they certainly did a good job making it seem more complicated than it really is: The beginning of the game is nothing but a swarm of flashbacks, and it does a great job confusing you. However, the best part of this game are the cutscenes, with many of them making no sense, and all of them poorly done in a hilarious fashion.

The 'cycle segments are super repetitive, with the same dull combat all the way through. More excitingly, sometimes your bike will randomly explode, and you'll have to load from the last checkpoint.

On foot, enemies range from generic thin goons who take only a few punches/shots to take out, to Jason wannabes who are damn-near immune to everything. I wasted what seemed like fifty bullets, trying to take one out.

Supposedly, you have to destroy a barrel to kill them more efficiently, but doing so only screwed up my screen, and did damage to me. All the guns are boring, and the melee combat is spam-y as all get-out.

The boss fights are all gimmicks. The first one being you chasing him down on a bike, with a machine gun. You literally have no room for error, and every time you fail, it's all the way at the beginning of the segment. The checkpoints in this game are the worst I've seen in a while. You die, you're doing a 20-minute segment over again, more often than not.

After that, you have a 'town' where you can buy weapons and upgrade your bike. The bike upgrade system isn't bad, but it's completely pointless. There's not much else to do other than go to the next mission.

Oh, there are sex scenes, where you take the women of the Devil's Hand, after beating up their lovers. While fully clothed. There's even a five-on-one situation, where everyone is clothed. So don't worry, not only are they being blatantly sexist (every woman is there for sex), they're also being exceedingly stupid.

This was originally gonna be a sandbox game, like GTA. And I like the ideas it had. A year after that, they rushed it after realized they didn't either have the ability or the time, and we get this glitchy, barely playable mess. Hilarious to watch, but don't buy it yourself.
  45. Aug 18, 2013
    Sometimes, we get across thing in our lives that, we can't just simply ignore, we end up becoming fascinated with that thing, interested in it, and 'till the end of ours lifes, we wonder about it, and this happened to me when I first saw this game, and asked myself: "Wtf is that 1% in the cover?", and I may finally have the answer for that, that, is the freaking score of the game.

Seriously, why release something like this? In the opening sequence we already realise that we're in for a hell of a ride, a ride straight to gamers hell, this game simply takes the player to a world of gameplay, stupid story full of dum characters, and terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE gameplay. It's unfinished, simple as that, unfinished, that is the only explanation that can be given, for a game so broken and bugged like this.

There are no redeemable factors about this game, it just don't. Gameplay is so god awful that most part of the time you just progress in the story by pure and random luck, when the enemies just freeze up and stop moving or shooting, or when you're just lucky enough to be able to manage the terrible controls of the bike. I remember seeing this game a few years ago, in the Arkade magazine, and I actually thought that this could be a good game, that they could use it's premise to make it an underrated classic, maybe the next Full Throttle, but I was just dreaming.

The story is so godamm stupid I don't even wanna talk about it. All the characters are ridiculous caricatures and poorly voiced over, not a single one can be saved from this gigantic pile of thrash, and I do expect that none of this game voice actors ever make it again into another one.

This game goes as far as having people comparing it to BIG RIGS: OVER THE ROAD RACING, you heard it, f*cking Big Rigs, isn't that enough for you to realize how bad this is? I don't think I need to explain more.
  46. Aug 18, 2013
    Console version makes this game very slightly better, at least that fixes the problem with broken aiming. But that's still not enough to save this game from being the worst creation of current generation. Shortly, don't play it.
  47. Aug 16, 2013
    Could be worse than cancer. The gameplay is virtually not there at all. the art is from 8 years ago, Half life 2 looks better and it is9 years old. women are just used as swx machines and are nothing else, a truly awful game.
  48. Aug 14, 2013
    Looks like Fast and Furious: Showdown has some competition. I've played some PS2 games that had better graphics and physics than this atrocity. It should be a crime to sell this game anywhere in the world. This is probably the worst video game of this generation, and one of the worst games of all time. Its not worth 15, its not worth 10, its not worth 5, its not worth five cents. The only reason one should ever buy this game is to get a good laugh at how terrible it is. Expand
  49. Aug 3, 2013
    this game sucks the sound sucks the graphics suck the gameplay sucks and the story sucks. if you like this game you probably like bubsy 3d and sonic 06 and call of duty
  50. Jul 29, 2013
    One of those sh*tty arcade games from the 80's that you can't help but play because it's so hilariously bad. It may not be worth playing, but watch gameplay on youtube if you want to laugh your ass off.
  51. Jul 29, 2013
    Instead of focusing on everything that's wrong with this game, I'll focus on what's right with it: literally the one correct thing about the game is that the "Ride to Hell" part is scarily accurate.
  52. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game.... its just... a horrific abomination called "a game". Its pure and utter s*it if i may say so. The first like 20 scenes of the intro doesn't even add up. Hey, i'm cruising down the highway, hey i'm standing in a turret shooting people, hey i'm on the highway again, hey now i'm fighting some random dude, hey i'm on the highway again. Then it just flips to a "10 years earlier" screen. 10 years before what? What the duck just happened?

The controls are completely awful too. Space to accelerate and R to break. Who does that? There is no way of stopping the bike either, just slow down a bit. If you gently bump into something, the game just resets you a couple of meters back. There was even one time where i turned a bit too straight to the right, i guess, and just exploded. Just randomly exploded. The fighting is basically Quick Time Events and mash the left mouse button. When you fight someone on a bike, the game drives for you while you do quick time events. Its not even slightly fun, and i usually like QTE's.

The graphics isn't even that good either. It might have been good graphics if it was 2008 or something. There is even a scene where the guy you are playing as, have sex with a girl wearing an overall... a freaking overall.. She doesn't take it of or something.

Summary: Completely awful, don't even think about buying it. Its horrid, its awful, its just a mess. If it goes for like $5, then maybe it might slightly be some kind of worth buying it.
  53. Jul 25, 2013
    This is a game I was expecting for 4 years. I saw first concept arts at 2009, and thought that is Full Throttle 2 I was waiting for!
    And finally it released.. Well, background of the game is till cool, but graphics, gameplay, and scenario are awful. The 3D models and skeletons of people in game are primitive, textures are low, you can't even read a colors on their jackets!
    Gameplay is
    screwed, it looks like a bad port from a PS2 with all possible bugs.
    And scenario is so weak I can't even speak about it.
    This game is a real digital trash. I really regret money and time I spent for it.
  54. Jul 23, 2013
    The graphics suck so bad in this game and I can't drive correctly in this piece of crap game. This is garbage stay away from this game unless you want stress.
  55. Jul 17, 2013
    I remembered how they annouced the Ride to Hell back in 2008 and they said it will be out in 2009, and nothing happened until now! Duke Nukem Forever's story is same here! They just put some random things inside the game just to release it! And what do we got?! Nothing except awful, generic and frustrating game! Controls, graphics, physics... EVERYTHING IS COMPLETELY AWFUL!! Don't buy this game, save your money. Expand
  56. Jul 10, 2013
    should i even start to think about playing this crappy title???? ahhh i think not the action and meat of the game is chunky at best and there is no story line whatsoever
  57. Jul 8, 2013
    Seriously why the hell does a game like this exist? They may be lucky if they even sell 1000 copies of this horrible production... Ride to Hell: Retribution isn't even worth playing for free!
  58. Jul 3, 2013
    I'll be honest, this game deserves a 1. It has terrible driving physics, gameplay, a ridiculous story, and fully clothed sex scenes.The reason I gave the game a 3, however, is because of how hilarious the game is to play with a couple of mates and a fridge full of beer. The glitches are so horrific that it's hard to believe the game could possibly make it to store shelves. I recommend buying the game for $10 in a month or two, inviting some friends over, getting smashed, and having a night of drunken fun. Expand
  59. JEK
    Jun 30, 2013
    I thought Aliens colonial Marines was the bad gane until I played this one. I was hoping this will be a decent game when I saw the trailer last month. After all this is the company that brought us dead island franchise and took over/published Metro Last light. When I played this game. The Graphics is really bad not to mention the poor gameplay. I tried to play it again hoping the games gets better. After disgusted again I uninstalled the game and vowed not to play this again. DONT BUY THIS. Expand
  60. Jun 30, 2013
    Don’t play Ride to Hell: Retribution. Don’t think about playing it. Don’t think about thinking about playing it. Forget it exists, and continue your life as though it never did.
  61. Jun 30, 2013
    We were promised a '60's paradise in this game,but all we got is a lot of Quick Time Events.
    I can't say anything good about it.
    Let's take a look at the graphics,they suck,textures are so bad.
    Let's take a look at the gameplay,too darn repetitive.
    This game is kinda saved from 1/10 thanks to it's idea.
    All in all,this game gets an 2/10.
  62. Jun 29, 2013
    Sad how the only points given to this game are from a Dev boosting its score. You have to slum pretty hard to try to deceive people into buying your game.
  63. Jun 29, 2013
    This game is just a pile of garbage. I am the type of person who would try to look at the bright side of everything (this game has one redeeming quality). The game falls short on many, if not all, key points of what makes a game a game. The graphics are alright in some places, but absolutely terrible in many more. The games mechanics are super clunky and unresponsive. The game also lacks visual and audible feedback letting you know if you're doing something right or wrong. Sound is by far the worst part of this game. It lacks a lot of sound effects, and the ones that it does have are awful. For example, this is a biker game. One of the key points of a biker game is the motorcycle. The bikes in this game literally sound like weed wackers. The game's ONE redeeming factor is the music, only because they use proprietary licenses instead of in-house music. The one redeeming factor, however, doesn't matter if music isn't played. Many a level I went through without music ever playing. Checkpointing is piss poor, story is uninspired, combat is bad, multiplayer is boring. Just don't buy this game. This is an example of a quickly put together game made solely for profit. Expand
  64. Jun 29, 2013
    Ride to Hell: Retribution is the worst game ever! Don't buy it!
    Why they Release THIS in 2013?! Gameplay,Graphics...
    And the story? Vengeance for brother... one good guy vs 9999 bad guys.. I like bikes but this...oh
  65. Jun 29, 2013
    Worse than anyone can imagine should be avoided by everyone on earth.

Zero gameplay, disgusting controls, production values from the toilet.

Expect returned copies to be sitting alongside ET very soon.
  66. Jun 28, 2013
    Well, Ride to Hell: Retribution does what it says, it's your retribution for riding to hell, a true ride to hell.

Oh, and to reach the 150 min I can add that citizenkaneofvi rated all three PC, PS3 and X360 versions 10, since I love justice I'm gonna bulldoze it's 10s on all the platforms.

What a missed chance of an interesting idea.
  67. Jun 28, 2013
    Normally when someone says "This looks and plays like a PS2 game" they are exaggerating.
    This game however is an exception to that, it is awful and could be mistaken for a PS2 game.

It is overly shallow with a terrible combat system and awful bike physics, the game is covered in pointless padding with you riding your bike to locations with very little happening.
    When things do happen
    it doesn't make any logical sense such as tank trucks deciding to park sideways in the road for no apparent reason.

This game seems like it should have released at the start of this console gen, it would have made more sense for this garbage to be launched then with other rubbish like Vampire Rain.

This is the worst game to come out in the last few years and should never be bought, its not so bad its good like Deadly Premonition for example. Its just terrible and a disgrace to be released by Quick Silver when they knew full damn well how broken and awful this game is.

They should have left it cancelled.

I'm not even going to talk about the awkward fully clothed sex scenes and boring mass of QTE's

It would be generous to give this game a 1.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 14 Critics

1. Sep 2, 2013
    The camera, controls, graphics, voice acting and combat aren't just broken - they're hilariously broken. [Oct 2013, p.77]
    A startling glimpse into true hell. [Sept 2013, p.86]
  3. Aug 13, 2013
    Let’s leave it with Jake’s own words, spoken as if holding up a mirror to his own life: “Swear to god - I’d rather be polishing boots than sit through this crap.”