• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Sep 6, 2011
7.7

1. Sep 7, 2011
    Movement: I hate the turn functionality, but in the long trips there is the auto movement which makes you feel like playing on the rails. But sometimes the automatic movement functionality is not available and force you to try to walk (indeed all the game im trying to make a good walk).
    A good touch in this games is that there are some QTE that makes you feel more like playing a Saw Game.
    An Advice, set the turn sensibility for better experience (better, not best)

Attack:
    Its fun to attack the enemies with different weapons on the way, the problem is that if you have no weapons the gam (they brake) e turns into a cover/hit game... that sucks. But as long as you have a weapon is fun, but not enough as the trailers.

Fun/horror
    There are some parts that makes you feel tense, but the most of the time you feel like playing house of the dead (the first).

Story
    Cheap and easy. More tension needed.

Graphics
    You feel like playing house of the dead... but more blood and darker colors.

Final words

I you ever wanted to play SAW with your body you will love it.... but if you wanted some horror like in dead space, keep away from this game.

I am giving a 7 because it keeps me playing.
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    hi peeps :) ive only just recently bought this game. i do like it, its just the control system is a bit temperamental :O the mixture of gore and the eerie atmosphere kind of reminds me of a Saw/Silent Hill type. i'd give the game a 6/10 rating. its ok but it could be alot better :)
  3. Jan 20, 2014
    This is actually a fun kinect game!

The story is tolerable, with bits of humour and kinda anime style - it fits well for a brawler game. The same goes with graphics - not a main thing because you're deep in action punching undead asses and just don't care about it, although it's good. The sound is great, providing the pathos horror atmosphere. The game has a nice selection of weapons
    This is actually a fun kinect game!

The game has a nice selection of weapons to decapitate (yes, decapitate) a variety of enemies. The gameplay is probably monotonous (I think you can say it about any game of same genre) but keeps you tense to the very end and really makes you sweat.

The controls are good, you just need to get used to them, also there are some nice touches like when you need to cover your ears or shake off flies. A friend of mine successfully completed few first levels, without having much experience with kinect before, and he still enjoyed the game.

What I don’t like about this game are lame boss battles. They are really boring because of plain and simple attacking patterns, however, my first, and so far only, playthrough was on the easy setting, so maybe it's not an issue.

Overall I think "Rise Of Nightmares" is a must have for a kinect owner – the game gets your ass off the sofa, it's fun to play with friends and it gives you an image about how chopping off zombies' limbs feels)))

1. Dec 21, 2011
    Rise of Nightmares is an interesting idea, an ambitious project followed by a catastrophic implementation. Walking on 3D locations sounds really promising, but its charm disappears after 10 minutes because of a too twisted control schema: considering this was the first horror hardcore game for Kinect, we can only hope for a brighter future for this genre.
  2. Dec 12, 2011
    While still not a system seller, the fact that a game like this can and has been made for Kinect is a great step, and helps move things forward for the system. The level of immersion is a step in the right direction, and beats the rumble of a controller. You try not to squeal at least a little bit the first time something jumps on your character and you have to push it off of you. I dare you.
  3. It's an arse-ugly game to watch, but not without charm. [Dec 2011, p.]