8.3

1. Oct 29, 2010
    What do you need to do to experience the newest experience in music games? Buy more expensive instruments (or at least add-ons). In a dying genre, how long do you expect these to last you? The keyboard is nice and works well, just granted that playing 20+ keys on a 5 color track may want you to go pro from the start. They did not release the "real" pro guitar on release day, holding offWhat do you need to do to experience the newest experience in music games? Buy more expensive instruments (or at least add-ons). In a dying genre, how long do you expect these to last you? The keyboard is nice and works well, just granted that playing 20+ keys on a 5 color track may want you to go pro from the start. They did not release the "real" pro guitar on release day, holding off for 2011, but the other guitar is nice and MIDI capable, but still, it is a bit of a surprise the Harmonix held off the release of the squier, but that will be out soon enough. Overall, this game breathes new life into it, but still, with a dying music genre of today, this may the the first, and last game to use these features. Expand
  2. Oct 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rock band 3 es el nuevo referente de un género que tiene las horas contadas en las consolas de sobremesa; y es que seguir con la misma mecánica año tras año hace que rock band sea un juego muy limitado. Tiene un track list demoledor, la posibilidad de usar teclado y es infinitamente superior a su rival, pero si EA quiere triunfar ha de innovar mucho más. Expand
  3. Oct 26, 2010
    Well on the surface rockband 3 exhibits some pretty impressive features, which for me personally was a big selling point of this game . However the aspect of the game I found most disappointing was the fact it is simply the same as rockband 2. I can't help feel that I have been parted with my well earned cash for a large expansion pack. The keyboard is a welcomed edition but not somethingWell on the surface rockband 3 exhibits some pretty impressive features, which for me personally was a big selling point of this game . However the aspect of the game I found most disappointing was the fact it is simply the same as rockband 2. I can't help feel that I have been parted with my well earned cash for a large expansion pack. The keyboard is a welcomed edition but not something that has got me excited about the game.Also the career mode has been improved and on my play through I thoroughly enjoyed it but the setlist just isn't as expansive as past iterations of the series. Thank god you can import songs. The pro guitar in theory is a very good idea but for me I would prefer to buy a REAL guitar and get proper tuition. Overall I'm a little dissapointed with the game in that it's rockband 2 with a different box art. Guitar hero springs to mind unfortunately. If you are desperately seeking a new music game then perhaps this is for you but if not I would stick to rockband 2 and save your money for something with more substance. Expand
  4. Oct 26, 2010
    Rock Band 3 is a shining example of innovation at work. While the competition has focused on incremental upgrades, Harmonix went all out with their newest game. There are an array of minor changes that can be expected in a sequel, but the true star of the show is the keyboard and pro modes. Keys add an exciting new instrument to the mix and are a blast to play. There are a handful ofRock Band 3 is a shining example of innovation at work. While the competition has focused on incremental upgrades, Harmonix went all out with their newest game. There are an array of minor changes that can be expected in a sequel, but the true star of the show is the keyboard and pro modes. Keys add an exciting new instrument to the mix and are a blast to play. There are a handful of boring songs, but all in all, it is a refreshing addition to rhythm games.

Pro mode turns Rock Band 3 into less of a videogame, and more of an instrument to learn how to perform real music. There are extensive tutorials that lay a strong foundation for anyone who is serious about learning to play for real. Due to hardware delays, I have not had a chance to play with the pro guitar, but I am very excited to get my hands on it in the future.

I know that most people who play rhythm games are not interested in learning how to actually play music, but I must applaud Harmonix for having the boldness and bravery to go forth with the concept. Rock Band 3 transcends videogames and becomes something much more important. In twenty years, you will read an article in Rolling Stone about how a popular musician was inspired from playing Rock Band 3.

1. Jan 18, 2011
    No doubt, Rock Band 3 is the new reference in the musical game gender. With its simple gameplay and accurate in all instruments, its flexible interface and well thought career mode, it dusts off the old Rock Band 2.
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    Rock Band 3 have an amazing track list, an exciting new support for instruments and many challenges and rewards that will keep us busy for months. This is the best iteration in any musical saga to date. A must-have.
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    It's Rock Band as usual, but its newly implemented Pro Mode shows that people who have been unchallenged so far can have their share of fun. Bundled with a whopping 2000 songs waiting for you optionally, this game could be worth a sin.