7.8

1. Oct 8, 2010
    This is the best Xbox360 game I own. I've owned it for over a year and I still play it sometimes. I'm not a fan of other Civilization games, but this is a little easier and was simple to learn. The balance and dynamics of the game and strategies is a lot of fun.
  2. May 23, 2012
    Definitely the best TBS game for the Xbox 360. I wish they would make more games like this for the 360. The game has a large number of civilizations to play as, and it's only downfalls are the normal ones for all TBS games.
  3. Nov 26, 2011
    Enjoyable, if a bit slow at times, especially for some civs you might want to play. Replay value is high, considering all the civs. Nice addition of lost artifacts to find, (especially the tech boosting Atlantis). Only real complaint would be the constant "help" messages that pop up from your advisers, even after you tell it/them to shut up. Annoying after a while, but not game breaking.Enjoyable, if a bit slow at times, especially for some civs you might want to play. Replay value is high, considering all the civs. Nice addition of lost artifacts to find, (especially the tech boosting Atlantis). Only real complaint would be the constant "help" messages that pop up from your advisers, even after you tell it/them to shut up. Annoying after a while, but not game breaking. Good game all around though. Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2011
    Fantastic game. A lot quicker then other Civ. games. It is far less complex, but still enjoyable. Whereas Civ V games take upwards of 10 hours, this takes a mere 2. Fantastic game, recommended for everyone.
  5. Dec 12, 2012
    While it does not compare to its PC cousins, it really is a solid civilization game that is meant for consoles. While it is simple, it is it's simplicity that makes it fun. I find myself playing this game sporadically since its release. A quick fun Turn based Strategy when you find your self with nothing else to play. Fills the void between games quite nicely. The perfect filler game. TheWhile it does not compare to its PC cousins, it really is a solid civilization game that is meant for consoles. While it is simple, it is it's simplicity that makes it fun. I find myself playing this game sporadically since its release. A quick fun Turn based Strategy when you find your self with nothing else to play. Fills the void between games quite nicely. The perfect filler game. The bread stick of strategy games. Expand
  6. Feb 15, 2013
    Let me get this straight: if you're looking for the deep strategy experience you're used to when playing the Civ series on PC, look elsewhere. This is not Civilization ported to the Xbox, it's not meant to be and it never tries to be, it's a new approach to the game. It's titled "Civilization Revolution" and this says it all. First of all, it's more fast paced than any other Civ game:Let me get this straight: if you're looking for the deep strategy experience you're used to when playing the Civ series on PC, look elsewhere. This is not Civilization ported to the Xbox, it's not meant to be and it never tries to be, it's a new approach to the game. It's titled "Civilization Revolution" and this says it all. First of all, it's more fast paced than any other Civ game: you'll notice immediately by the lack of some of the usual features (especially regarding micro-management), by the shorter technology tree and by the choice about factions reduced to 16. The game purpose is clear: a softer approach to Civ strategy, with games you can complete in a single evening of playing. Nevertheless, this is one of the best turn-based strategy games for Xbox out there, together with Ufo X-COM. You have 4 ways to win every game (domination, culture, economic, technology) and many ways to achieve them, depending on your gaming style, on the map, on the faction you choose and so on. Every game will be different and, at higher difficulty levels, always challenging: after you get to the Emperor level, you'll notice the A.I. becoming extremely aggressive and unforgiving about your mistakes, making it a challenge even for experienced gamers. The scenarios (and weekly scenarios as well) make a good addition to the longevity and many of them are free to download. Lots of objectives to achieve also. --On the bad side: Multiplayer is non-existent, since there's no way to save a multiplayer game and no one can guarantee to be 6 hours in front of the game, especially when you have to wait for other people turns. The servers on Xbox live are just dead, I wasn't able to find a match in months. --Apart from that, it's a great game all around and I'd recommend it to anyone, both experienced and unexperienced strategy players. Expand
  7. Mar 8, 2014
    Never played a Civ game, never gave them a second glance, but when this showed up for free on Xbox Live Arcade I gave it a chance. Several hours later I'm **** hooked, it was a ton funner than I thought it was gonna be. I know the game has been "dumbed" down for consoles, but man it was very addictive, from watching troop movements to deciding which way to take my country I was hooked. NowNever played a Civ game, never gave them a second glance, but when this showed up for free on Xbox Live Arcade I gave it a chance. Several hours later I'm **** hooked, it was a ton funner than I thought it was gonna be. I know the game has been "dumbed" down for consoles, but man it was very addictive, from watching troop movements to deciding which way to take my country I was hooked. Now I'm looking into other Civ games to see something I might like. If you have the time check this one out, it's not a FPS so you know you're in for a good time. Expand
  8. Jun 27, 2014
    It is a fantastic game about developing an empire, politics, and war! It allows you to play as multiple great leaders, build great wonders plus beat the living hell out of people just because you feel like it...
  9. Jun 17, 2011
    Though it may have been awhile since I picked up the box it remains a firm favourite in my eyes due to the 'Pick up and Play' ability of this game. As you explore more features it becomes more enjoyable. The variety of playable-characters means many a tactic can be used from each leader's special ablilities. In a sense the graphics are good due to the fact they are easily recognisable yetThough it may have been awhile since I picked up the box it remains a firm favourite in my eyes due to the 'Pick up and Play' ability of this game. As you explore more features it becomes more enjoyable. The variety of playable-characters means many a tactic can be used from each leader's special ablilities. In a sense the graphics are good due to the fact they are easily recognisable yet when I look back on them they seem a little childish. It runs well on the Xbox and with the achievements the things to do are unlimited until all achievments are unlocked. I, myself are missing achievments and as I write this I am thinking of whether to return to an old favourite. Expand
  10. Jun 14, 2013
    I rarely replay games but this one is an exception. The graphics are alright but the gameplay is fun
    and can be challenging if you decide to play at the harder settings. A perfect little game that surprised
    me I never would have thought that thing would have become one of my favorite game.
    Disclaimer, I am not a Civilization fan and I think this game was not meant for them either.
  11. Aug 6, 2013
    This is one of my favorite strategy games I have ever. This was nothing more than a very basic almost beginner level version of any Civilization games. The game was very fun and had a lot of replay ability. The graphics are very crisp and looks really nice. The music is very basic nothing really great just ok. The best part of the game is the leaders that you can play as and the othersThis is one of my favorite strategy games I have ever. This was nothing more than a very basic almost beginner level version of any Civilization games. The game was very fun and had a lot of replay ability. The graphics are very crisp and looks really nice. The music is very basic nothing really great just ok. The best part of the game is the leaders that you can play as and the others that you can kill. They are all very different and unique from one another. Almost every time I played I did things very differently from the last time I played. The world was the most important thing to me because of how the other leaders could make there society and how the world could be formed around you. There are so may things I can say but for the most part I will just say it is a must for people who want to start out small and move up to Civ V or for people like me that just want to have a really great experience with one of the best strategy games. Expand
  12. Mar 15, 2014
    Although not quite as deep as the PC versions Civilization Revolution is strategic and fun and completely worthwhile for any strategy gamers on console.
  13. Apr 4, 2014
    I've played Civ: Rev for quite some time now, and while the AI sometimes seems like it's cheating me out of what should be a victory, I respect what they decided to do with it. By making the fights more of a chance than a guaranteed win or lose, it gives you a little bit more of a chance if you end up going to war. The graphics of the game aren't realistic, and I like that, it takes away aI've played Civ: Rev for quite some time now, and while the AI sometimes seems like it's cheating me out of what should be a victory, I respect what they decided to do with it. By making the fights more of a chance than a guaranteed win or lose, it gives you a little bit more of a chance if you end up going to war. The graphics of the game aren't realistic, and I like that, it takes away a lot of the seriousness or some situations. The multiplayer is exciting, making the player wonder when the next attack will be, and where. Although, I do not understand why teams seem to not be able to trade technologies (unless they just do that anyway, and I haven't been paying close enough attention) but beyond that I have no complaints. Overall, a great game, with agreeable graphics, great, easily understood mechanics, and a wonderful feeling of anticipation in matches, waiting for the next big move to be made. Expand
  14. Aug 14, 2014
    This is not as advanced as the PC version, but it is a blast, and a challenging experience that is rewarding if conquered. This game has several small annoyances that stop this from being a perfect, simplified entry point.
  15. KhristianR.
    Oct 1, 2008
    If your a huge Civilization fan, some of you might be slightly put off by the new design, interface and the speed it runs. Also some of the main options such as the Place have been discarded, but I think for the Xbox 360 console and the next generation of gamers, especially some who might not have played a strategy game before, its implemented really well. Also the addition of your If your a huge Civilization fan, some of you might be slightly put off by the new design, interface and the speed it runs. Also some of the main options such as the Place have been discarded, but I think for the Xbox 360 console and the next generation of gamers, especially some who might not have played a strategy game before, its implemented really well. Also the addition of your advisors talking in the "Sims-esque gibberish" takes the edge off it being to serious a game. I do think you should have been able to zoom right in to the cities though. In all some options have been dropped and some new ones put in place, but it balances out nicely in the end, making a very good strategy game. SCORE : 84%. Expand
  16. VS.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Deep, entertaining, re-playable and just plain addictive; I
  17. JamesO.
    Jun 26, 2008
    I am throughly addicted to this game, its really rather well done and an excellent entry into the strategy genre. Brilliant.
  18. DavidF.
    Jun 5, 2008
    After playing the demo of this game, I can say with some certainty that this is the best console strategy game in a long time if not ever! Barring any technical guffaws that I did not find in the demo this game is Fantabulously Sploderific!
  19. MarkG.
    Jul 10, 2008
    Great game. Played Civ 2, 3, and 4 and Revolution definitely carries the Civilization name with honor.
  20. TylerD.
    Jul 10, 2008
    Brilliant, very accurate to the way things work in the world, like if you aquire the World Bank you win, haha. Replay value is very high, many different scenarios and 4 difficulties you can beat it on. This for me is a must own!
  21. AlanS.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Its not PC Civilisation. It was never meant to be. If you view this as a console strategy game, its a work of art. This is in my top 3 games on the 360, and the games of the week, scenarios, different difficulty levels, etc will all keep me playing for months. Try the demo, it had me hooked, and the actual game is far far better!
  22. GatorB.
    Jul 28, 2008
    As a hard-core Civ 4 player, I was very skeptical of a console version. Amazingly, Sid Meier
  23. BurtonS.
    Jul 3, 2008
    This game was great and has enough depth to keep me playing long past my bedtime. I have only played the demo, as I assume all of the other people who rated this game so a true score cannot be given at this time, but since everyone else is giving their full judgement I figured I would too.
  24. MP.
    Jul 3, 2008
    Best strategy title on consoles and unlike the PC version I have time to play a full game.
  25. CarlZ.
    Jul 9, 2008
    This game is just awesome and has been brilliantly built for the consoles. Easy to control but with all of the standard things from previous Civilization games that were so loved.
  26. OliverW.
    Oct 7, 2008
    At its core, civ rev is a fun game, yet its lack a depth ultimately holds it back from its true potential. Fans of strategy games will enjoy this iterration of Sid Meier, yet its clear its target audience is the casual crowd.
  27. mobius
    Jun 11, 2008
    I
  28. TroyH.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Great game - would be better if there was a save gave option for privately setup multiplayer games.
  29. MikeW
    Jul 11, 2008
    Fantastic game, very fun and worthy of being part of the Civ history.
  30. BigcivFan
    Jul 12, 2008
    This is a great Civ arcade experience - the more I play it, the more I really like getting an entire civ experience (20-40 hours on PC?) in a handful of hours. The game of the week feature and online leaderboards are cool, and the trophy room and gifts given from far off lands round out the overall presentation nicely. The military portions work quite well - I wouldn't mind seeing This is a great Civ arcade experience - the more I play it, the more I really like getting an entire civ experience (20-40 hours on PC?) in a handful of hours. The game of the week feature and online leaderboards are cool, and the trophy room and gifts given from far off lands round out the overall presentation nicely. The military portions work quite well - I wouldn't mind seeing the ideas for upgrades and easy army formation make their way into a regular version of Civ. At first, I was bothered by the smallish size of the gameworld you play on, but I suppose that's necessary for maintaining a reasonable playtime. I'll still be buying all things Civ on the PC, but this is a really great experience, and (along with the DS version) gives me other outlets for my addiction. :) Expand

1. This slick new Civilization may be more reduction than Revolution, but it's easily one of the most distinctive games on 360 and PS3. I can't see myself playing much more of the single-player, but I genuinely cannot wait to war over landmass with a few like-minded chums.
  2. While far from as deep as the PC games, Revolution is a fine achievement, extremely accessible and great fun to play.
  3. Old diehard fanatics will no doubt shake their fists at the slight console-friendly tweaks of the original formula and the light-hearted nature of the graphics – but hey, it’s successfully infecting a whole new generation of gamers with Civ love, so get over it.