7.7

1. May 23, 2012
    Definitely the best TBS game for the Xbox 360. I wish they would make more games like this for the 360. The game has a large number of civilizations to play as, and it's only downfalls are the normal ones for all TBS games.
  2. Oct 19, 2011
    Fantastic game. A lot quicker then other Civ. games. It is far less complex, but still enjoyable. Whereas Civ V games take upwards of 10 hours, this takes a mere 2. Fantastic game, recommended for everyone.
  3. Jun 17, 2011
    Though it may have been awhile since I picked up the box it remains a firm favourite in my eyes due to the 'Pick up and Play' ability of this game. As you explore more features it becomes more enjoyable. The variety of playable-characters means many a tactic can be used from each leader's special ablilities. In a sense the graphics are good due to the fact they are easily recognisable yetThough it may have been awhile since I picked up the box it remains a firm favourite in my eyes due to the 'Pick up and Play' ability of this game. As you explore more features it becomes more enjoyable. The variety of playable-characters means many a tactic can be used from each leader's special ablilities. In a sense the graphics are good due to the fact they are easily recognisable yet when I look back on them they seem a little childish. It runs well on the Xbox and with the achievements the things to do are unlimited until all achievments are unlocked. I, myself are missing achievments and as I write this I am thinking of whether to return to an old favourite. Expand
  4. Apr 4, 2014
    I've played Civ: Rev for quite some time now, and while the AI sometimes seems like it's cheating me out of what should be a victory, I respect what they decided to do with it. By making the fights more of a chance than a guaranteed win or lose, it gives you a little bit more of a chance if you end up going to war. The graphics of the game aren't realistic, and I like that, it takes away aI've played Civ: Rev for quite some time now, and while the AI sometimes seems like it's cheating me out of what should be a victory, I respect what they decided to do with it. By making the fights more of a chance than a guaranteed win or lose, it gives you a little bit more of a chance if you end up going to war. The graphics of the game aren't realistic, and I like that, it takes away a lot of the seriousness or some situations. The multiplayer is exciting, making the player wonder when the next attack will be, and where. Although, I do not understand why teams seem to not be able to trade technologies (unless they just do that anyway, and I haven't been paying close enough attention) but beyond that I have no complaints. Overall, a great game, with agreeable graphics, great, easily understood mechanics, and a wonderful feeling of anticipation in matches, waiting for the next big move to be made. Expand
  5. Jun 27, 2014
    It is a fantastic game about developing an empire, politics, and war! It allows you to play as multiple great leaders, build great wonders plus beat the living hell out of people just because you feel like it...
  6. Oct 8, 2010
    This is the best Xbox360 game I own. I've owned it for over a year and I still play it sometimes. I'm not a fan of other Civilization games, but this is a little easier and was simple to learn. The balance and dynamics of the game and strategies is a lot of fun.
  7. Nov 26, 2011
    Enjoyable, if a bit slow at times, especially for some civs you might want to play. Replay value is high, considering all the civs. Nice addition of lost artifacts to find, (especially the tech boosting Atlantis). Only real complaint would be the constant "help" messages that pop up from your advisers, even after you tell it/them to shut up. Annoying after a while, but not game breaking.Enjoyable, if a bit slow at times, especially for some civs you might want to play. Replay value is high, considering all the civs. Nice addition of lost artifacts to find, (especially the tech boosting Atlantis). Only real complaint would be the constant "help" messages that pop up from your advisers, even after you tell it/them to shut up. Annoying after a while, but not game breaking. Good game all around though. Expand
  8. Mar 8, 2014
    Never played a Civ game, never gave them a second glance, but when this showed up for free on Xbox Live Arcade I gave it a chance. Several hours later I'm **** hooked, it was a ton funner than I thought it was gonna be. I know the game has been "dumbed" down for consoles, but man it was very addictive, from watching troop movements to deciding which way to take my country I was hooked. NowNever played a Civ game, never gave them a second glance, but when this showed up for free on Xbox Live Arcade I gave it a chance. Several hours later I'm **** hooked, it was a ton funner than I thought it was gonna be. I know the game has been "dumbed" down for consoles, but man it was very addictive, from watching troop movements to deciding which way to take my country I was hooked. Now I'm looking into other Civ games to see something I might like. If you have the time check this one out, it's not a FPS so you know you're in for a good time. Expand
  9. Mar 15, 2014
    Although not quite as deep as the PC versions Civilization Revolution is strategic and fun and completely worthwhile for any strategy gamers on console.

1. This slick new Civilization may be more reduction than Revolution, but it's easily one of the most distinctive games on 360 and PS3. I can't see myself playing much more of the single-player, but I genuinely cannot wait to war over landmass with a few like-minded chums.
  2. While far from as deep as the PC games, Revolution is a fine achievement, extremely accessible and great fun to play.
  3. Old diehard fanatics will no doubt shake their fists at the slight console-friendly tweaks of the original formula and the light-hearted nature of the graphics – but hey, it’s successfully infecting a whole new generation of gamers with Civ love, so get over it.