7.0

1. Jan 20, 2012
    So far I'm absolutely loving this game. It got below par reviews and I have no idea why. It's the closest to the original so far - in the way that it feels less 'linear' as you run around town looking for clues etc. The graphics are excellent and the story is pretty decent too. The only thing that niggles me slightly is the fact that now and again the music becomes noticably 'un-scary.'
  2. Jun 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't understand why that game has such score. that is one of my favorite games, which made me almost cry when i finish it. that game is for a bit clever people guys and if you are dumb, don't say that the game is "awful" Expand
  3. Mar 22, 2015
    Silent Hill - Homecoming gives the player a new protagonist to the silent hill franchise, Alex Shepard, an amnesiac who wakes up in a hospital apparently after a war. Upon starting into the world of silent hill, you come to a dead end after chasing your brother, face to face with the real silent hill, attacked by nurses (its unknown why they are here, Alex has no sign of lust) andSilent Hill - Homecoming gives the player a new protagonist to the silent hill franchise, Alex Shepard, an amnesiac who wakes up in a hospital apparently after a war. Upon starting into the world of silent hill, you come to a dead end after chasing your brother, face to face with the real silent hill, attacked by nurses (its unknown why they are here, Alex has no sign of lust) and eventually makes it towards the elevator out of Alkimila hospital. Only to be attacked again. Expand

1. From its leaden, cheap-shots-aplenty combat to its wild-goose chase through gray, same-y hallways filled with useless, placebo doorways to a story that takes much too long to get off the ground, its entire first half feels like a death march through a clunky hot mess. [Nov 2008, p.73]
    If survival horror is your bread and butter, then Homecoming is right up your alley; otherwise, you might be better served waiting for Resident Evil 5.
    Double Helix has stayed true to the series' foundation while also taking steps in a brave new direction; they've crafted a tale that stands well within franchise lore, and they've produced horrifically beautiful environments, occasional framerate drops aside. If Double Helix learns from their mistakes here -- combat balance being the most glaring issue -- their future work could rival the series' best.