8.0

1. Sep 8, 2011
    Thrilling and unique experience is what Skydrift brings to all the race fans. I wonder why no similar game was ever created before (except a few cheap and bad products). I am pretty sure we are about to see more and more flight action games as Digital Reality founded a new sub-genre. I recommend all of you to try the trial version of this game, even if you are not in flying or racing as it is :)
  2. Sep 9, 2011
    SkyDrift is an exhilarating, chaotic and frantic experience, this game is a must-buy. Skydrift is a return to a era when all a game had to do was raise your pulse to dangerously high levels and entertain you and, in that respect, is an unqualified success. It feels like the kind of experience you always hoped youâ
  3. Sep 9, 2011
    Skydrift is breathtaking in every sense. With incredible level design and adrenaline pumping gameplay, this small game will race itself in the hearts of gamers. Perhaps the best racer since WipeOut, it takes that same idea and converts it into a more realistic idea of fighter planes and a load of weaponry and carnage, while keeping the speed. Even if it might get frustrating to handle, the overall excitement and tons of quality factors make up for so much, itâ Expand
  4. Sep 9, 2011
    SkyDrift is my new favorite! There are tons of action, cool planes, awesome graphic, the music is so catchy, and finally IT IS A PLANE RACING GAME! I really missed this genre. The power ups are fun and cool, also I really like that they upgrade when I pick the same type. The control is tight and get used to it very soon. Reminds me a bit of motorstorm and WipeOut! And it is a fantastic fun in online. Expand
  5. Sep 8, 2011
    Fantastic! The graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay is addictive. Also, I had no trouble at all getting used to the controls. Very smooth. The graphics looks amazing, Iâ
  6. Sep 8, 2011
    Amazingly addictive racing, well worth it. I especially enjoy the survivor mode. Nice one! I wish I would be better but practice will probably do it..
  7. Sep 10, 2011
    I think this game rulez, really! It looks really good, especially for a downloadable game, and you always have the feeling: just one more time...and again, and again :)
  8. Sep 12, 2011
    I don't buy arcade games that often, but I liked the multiplayer enough to drop 15 bucks on the game. There is a learning curve to the flying (which also depends on the plane you choose), and there are only 6 tracks (12 if you count reverse) but overall I'm satisfied because the track design is solid (but not perfect). There are plenty of planes to choose from but they aren't all available from the start, but working towards unlocking them wasn't annoying.

Survivor mode wasn't what I expected it to be. I was hoping it was going to be more of a 'last man standing' (kind of like a deathmatch) mode instead of eliminating the person in last place. So, when you play online, you'll see a lot of rage quitting that can effect the game. Winning a 'speed race' depends on you choosing the right place for the track and knowing all the shortcuts. Otherwise, you'll see yourself constantly coming in last place. The Action Race is basically a cross between Mario Kart and Wipeout. Pros will convert pickups to the speed boost function. But you'll also need to use your weapons as defense or to gain a spot. It's a balance. Hopefully people won't pick this up and forget about it in a week's time. It's a fun flight.
  9. Sep 13, 2011
    This game is really, really good, especially considering a low budget PSN game. I saw this game on PSN by mere chance, Downloaded the demo and got impressed with the quality and so much fun you can have with it. And I`m not a big fan of racing ou planes games. Strongly recommended!
  10. Mar 22, 2012
    Interesting game, is really funny and addictive. When I watch the cover of this game I think: "Oh no, other shoot'em up?", but when I play Skydrift I watch that have an awesome convination with a racing game and a shoot'em up. Skydrift is amazing, have incredible graphics, great ideas, incredible controls, and more. I love Skydrift.
  11. Apr 15, 2013
    SkyDrift plays like Blur or Wipeout. It's an excellent game, hardcore gamers will enjoy the challenge. The graphics are very pretty for an XBLA title, the sound is great, (the announcer definitely isn't English "You are the first now"), the gameplay's tight and it's fast. The only downers are not enough people online, which is criminal for such a good game, and it's quite short although the tracks are thoughtfully designed with lots of shortcuts and the hard difficulty provides some extra challenge. If you love planes and fast racing games it's highly recommended. Expand

1. Nov 16, 2011
    The problem of a distinct lack of variety persists, of course, and the lack of an arena-based dogfight mode feels a wasted opportunity. [Issue#115, p.108]
    It has the wind beneath its wings. [Dec 2011, p.103]
  3. Oct 21, 2011
    There's been a lot of comparisons between SkyDrift and Wipeout - in fact it's how the game was pitched to me when I was given it. The thing is, Wipeout - and its sequels - while matching SkyDrift for fun, are quite different in style. In fact, I'd be more inclined to say that this is like the love child of Mario Kart and Crimson Skies. Crimson for visuals, and Mario for ridiculousness.