8.0

1. Nov 20, 2012
    Sonic en zijn sterrencollega
  2. Jul 6, 2013
    Mario Kart meets Diddy Kong Racing, literally. It has some interesting graphics and decors, but the gameplay is way too similar to Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 (Car, boats and planes). Some maps are well-designed but most of them are clones of tracks from the previous game. Don't bother trying to finish all "Rank S" mode in Single-Player, the AI and item pick-ups will rarely play in yourMario Kart meets Diddy Kong Racing, literally. It has some interesting graphics and decors, but the gameplay is way too similar to Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 (Car, boats and planes). Some maps are well-designed but most of them are clones of tracks from the previous game. Don't bother trying to finish all "Rank S" mode in Single-Player, the AI and item pick-ups will rarely play in your favor. I'd suggest a rental at most. Expand
  3. Dec 27, 2012
    Sonic Racing Transformed does a perfect job of delivering a fun, exciting racer for kids of all ages. If you are looking for a hardcore racing game, their are others out there for you. (Forza, etc.) I am a dad with an 8 year old son and 4 year old daughter and this game is perfect. Graphics are clean and colorful, racing action is accurate and exciting and the sound is great. TheSonic Racing Transformed does a perfect job of delivering a fun, exciting racer for kids of all ages. If you are looking for a hardcore racing game, their are others out there for you. (Forza, etc.) I am a dad with an 8 year old son and 4 year old daughter and this game is perfect. Graphics are clean and colorful, racing action is accurate and exciting and the sound is great. The tracks are amazing renditions of Sega games from the past, and I can tell you I wish these old games looked this good! Aircraft carriers, space ships, lots of variety in the levels. Lots of unlockables which are great at keeping you motivated to keep playing. 4-player splitscreen looks very good. My Favorite feature here is the fact that you can play the World Tour or Grand Prix single player modes in multiplayer. So, no need to play by yourself, you can play with the family and still progress through the "campaign." Also, unlockables and DLC from one profile are also available with all family profiles, this is not so on many games. I have not tried online multiplayer, but this game is a 10 in my book at doing what it does extremely well! Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 23, 2013
    Devilishly hard, but also very rewarding. Sharp controls, sugary colours, plentiful fan service and for the most part highly successful track designs combine to make one excellent arcade racer. [Jan 2013]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jan 19, 2013
    Blue skies, great control and a real challenge - Transformed has all the hallmarks of one of the classic Sega games it brilliantly celebrates. Still, the less devoted may find it too playful for a hardcore racer, or too hardcore for a playful one. [Issue#93, p.81]
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 6, 2013
    Out of three recently released karting games – other two being F1 Racing Stars and LittleBigPlanet Karting – this is the best one, especially if you look at them through the eyes of a real gamer. [1/2013, p.70]