8.0

1. Nov 20, 2012
    Sonic en zijn sterrencollega
  2. Jul 6, 2013
    Mario Kart meets Diddy Kong Racing, literally. It has some interesting graphics and decors, but the gameplay is way too similar to Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 (Car, boats and planes). Some maps are well-designed but most of them are clones of tracks from the previous game. Don't bother trying to finish all "Rank S" mode in Single-Player, the AI and item pick-ups will rarely play in yourMario Kart meets Diddy Kong Racing, literally. It has some interesting graphics and decors, but the gameplay is way too similar to Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 (Car, boats and planes). Some maps are well-designed but most of them are clones of tracks from the previous game. Don't bother trying to finish all "Rank S" mode in Single-Player, the AI and item pick-ups will rarely play in your favor. I'd suggest a rental at most. Expand
  3. Feb 28, 2013
    Oh dear. What a mess. fro the offset you can't help but compare it to the industry standard set by Nintendo with their far superior outings of Mario Kart. There really hasn't been much improved since the last game. Controlling either car, boat or plane (it alternates on laps) all feel either a mix of light or terribly clunky. Track design is mediocre at best but other times it feels such aOh dear. What a mess. fro the offset you can't help but compare it to the industry standard set by Nintendo with their far superior outings of Mario Kart. There really hasn't been much improved since the last game. Controlling either car, boat or plane (it alternates on laps) all feel either a mix of light or terribly clunky. Track design is mediocre at best but other times it feels such a let down and uninspiring. Music and sound effects are ear piercingly awful. Gone are the days of Sega's triumphant music composers and here we have some generic beats that don't reflect any nostalgia whatsoever. I don't want to reminded by stupid voice overs what part of the Menu I'm selecting, nor do I want to be told what lame projectiles or abilities I've driven over all the time. Yes ok, it has Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, and occasionally I had a few good laps and felt this is ok then it brings me back to the benchmark game: Mario Kart. No other 'toon racer will ever come close to matching the enjoyment of Nintendo's finest and this is a very dull and half-hearted attempt on a collection of Sega mascots killed in a blender. Sorry it really is that bad. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 23, 2013
    Devilishly hard, but also very rewarding. Sharp controls, sugary colours, plentiful fan service and for the most part highly successful track designs combine to make one excellent arcade racer. [Jan 2013]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jan 19, 2013
    Blue skies, great control and a real challenge - Transformed has all the hallmarks of one of the classic Sega games it brilliantly celebrates. Still, the less devoted may find it too playful for a hardcore racer, or too hardcore for a playful one. [Issue#93, p.81]
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 6, 2013
    Out of three recently released karting games – other two being F1 Racing Stars and LittleBigPlanet Karting – this is the best one, especially if you look at them through the eyes of a real gamer. [1/2013, p.70]