7.1

1. Apr 16, 2012
    If theres one thing I can say about Spiderman 3, its that its one of the greatest movie games ever. It is signifigantly underrated. Unlike the Superman Returns game, you can explore this large open world and play missions whenever you want. Theres a larger amont of content and the graphics are even better. The controls are also very responsive.
  2. Apr 1, 2011
    I liked the story okay and the web slinging was fun. The controls were good. There could have been better fighting. Not the best game in the world, but it was enjoyable and I finished it.
  3. Dec 4, 2011
    Here is the same game process of the game series we know and hate. I don't understand the deal with these games and what possible benefit there is to them. It's not fun, clever, or even twisted. Just bland and boring, everything else is just average. So unrecommended.
  4. Jan 18, 2013
    It's pretty sad when I actually found the PS2 version to be a better game. This game suffers from the films plot just as much as the other games, but also has the problem of terrible boss fights and even more annoying collectibles. You fight more gangs then villains and the black suit isn't even a game changer in the slightest. While the previous console editions aren't a whole lot better, at least the PSP lets you swing on the go. Hop back a console generation for a better game. Expand
  5. Sep 24, 2011
    To be honest as a huge fan of Spider-man I am just saddened to say that Spider-man 3 was a major let down. First of all nothing much has changed from Spider-man 2 and instead of adding more side stuff they reduced it. Now the side quests just consist of going out there talking to civilians and than beating up criminals, chasing them in a car beating their car and than beating them up and defusing bombs. I gotta admit defusing bombs was kind of cool but also got repetitive really fast. Plus there are no random events in the game unlike Spiderman 2, those random encounters show that any crime can happen in the city at any time and its up to Spider0man to stop it and that actually added to the feel of being spider-man but this game just threw all that out of the water. Plus the game has so many bugs its almost laughable. Ofcourse than comes the main storyline which doesn't exactly follow the movie's story and adds some new and bland villains which nobody really cares about fighting. And compared to spider man 2 once again the story is really short I beat in like 4 hours in one sitting and Spiderman 2 took me like 12 and 13 hours to complete thats how much they toned down and shortened this game. The main missions are nothing great some of them are fun but once again just like the rest of the game they get repetitive really fast. However I still see some good things about this game, the boss battles have been done really well and have been improved from Spider-man 2, but there are not that many boss battles in the game which is sad as they could have really added to the game. The game also allows you to put on the black spidey suite which just increases your health and the amount of damage you can inflict and take. Spidey is really waay overpowered when he puts that suit on which really kills any difficulty the game has to offer because if a boss fight or any other fight is going on way to long, you can just push a button and get into the black suite and destroy everyone. The game's music is good and builds up the mood and the voice is unsurprisingly good as it is done by the same actors who acted in the movie. I think the combat and swinging have been made easy and simplified which is not really a problem for me as it is really easy to get used to them unlike Spider-man 2. The graphics are just bad, I am sorry they are, the buildings look like large blocks, the character models look wooden and stiff, the animations look really awful. And to be honest this is the first game I have seen in which the cutscenes look worse than the actual game that is just a shame. In the end I must say Spider-man 3 had so much potential and could have been another great movie game like like Spider-man 2 and it could have proven that movie based games can be actually be really good but it is clear that lack of effort was put into making this game as the game clearly seems rushed and considering this was made for a multiple number of consoles that is no surprise. I really wanted to like this game but it is so half a**ed, toned down and unfinished that it is hard for even a huge fan of Spider-man like myself to like it. Sad to say that this game is an insult to the name of Spider-man. 4/10 Expand
  6. Aug 30, 2011
    A game that I struggled with a lot at the beginning but once I played it a bit more, I was finding it easier and easier. It is a very creative story that I have found very very entertaining.

1. Remember how good Spider-Man 2 was? Hang onto that feeling by not playing this game.
  2. Webslingin' remains the selling point, but the combat--although built from the ground up for this game--still consists of random button mashing. [July 2007, p.88]
  3. New York looks great, but the camera inconsistencies and helter-skelter gameplay flow takes away all the good will that Spider-Man 2: The Game had built.