7.9

1. JoeyK.n
    Sep 6, 2009
    One of the best purchases I've ever made on XBLA. I'm not one of those hardcore twitch speed run N+ guys, either. I'm not that good at platformers, but I had a blast beating this one. It's hilarious, loaded with charm, has great production values, is very creative, and it mindblowingly fast paced and intense at times. It does get challenging, but not unbeatably so. One of the best purchases I've ever made on XBLA. I'm not one of those hardcore twitch speed run N+ guys, either. I'm not that good at platformers, but I had a blast beating this one. It's hilarious, loaded with charm, has great production values, is very creative, and it mindblowingly fast paced and intense at times. It does get challenging, but not unbeatably so. Except for the boss fights which were genuinely annoying, it always stays fun. Despite dying hundreds of times, I rarely got actually frustrated, and I was never stuck for too long. I could go on about all the things they did right, but let's just say that it's practically perfect. Try the demo, and if you had any fun, then it's totally worth the bargain price of 10 bucks. Expand
  2. Mar 4, 2012
    A great game for everyone. It's original, funny and fun!!! It will get you frustrated, but the are super fun and challenging that you just keep on playing to the 50th level. Yeah there's 50 levels.
  3. JuanC.
    Jul 23, 2009
    Great game both Co-op and single player!
  4. SamF.
    Aug 26, 2009
    Awesome platformer that hooks you in from the beginning. Within seconds of playing the demo, I was unlocking the full game. Loads of fun. Yes, the levels can be a bit repetitive in terms of their styling, but to be honest I'm more interested in completing the puzzles and getting to the end or finding the cakes! Not once have I been playing and gone "you know what? I'm bored of Awesome platformer that hooks you in from the beginning. Within seconds of playing the demo, I was unlocking the full game. Loads of fun. Yes, the levels can be a bit repetitive in terms of their styling, but to be honest I'm more interested in completing the puzzles and getting to the end or finding the cakes! Not once have I been playing and gone "you know what? I'm bored of this because the backgrounds aren't interesting" so that argument is null and void. On top of which you also have the infectious music and sound effects. 'Splosion Man himself is highly amusing with lots of little quotes and exclamations along with character animations. Also, the Donut Song!! Expand
  5. MattG.
    Jul 23, 2009
    This is a great title that gets better with each new level. I don't buy a lot of XBL titles but this was a must after downloading the demo level !
  6. MikeM
    Aug 24, 2009
    A truly phenomenal platforming game. A blast to play with 3 friends on a single TV, and a much better game than several of the ones that cost 4 times as much.
  7. MaximeCaouette
    Aug 4, 2009
    Un jeu vraiment bon, je l'adore! Pour 800 points Microsoft vous avez 100 niveaux (50 solo et 50 multi), c'est vraiment pas chère! Des heures de plaisir dans des niveaux très amusants. Pour les amateurs de jeux de plateforme ou pour les gens qui cherche quelque chose d'unique en son genre, Splosion Man est pour vous.
    Jul 26, 2009
    One of my favorite XBLA games of all time! 100 total levels, unlockable gamerpics, themes, avatar accessories and more this game is awesome. For only 800 points this is a huge bargain, don't hold back go download it while the online community is still thriving. In a matter of months it'll be gone.
  9. Dec 6, 2010
    One of the most humourous, fun and awesome games that you can ever buy on XBLA. I've played some frustratingly difficult games from time to time, most of them almost putting me over the edge that leaves me wondering as to why "frustration = fun" is a good idea (not that I hate all frustratingly difficult games, some may have some redeeming qualities, but that is irrelevant to the review).One of the most humourous, fun and awesome games that you can ever buy on XBLA. I've played some frustratingly difficult games from time to time, most of them almost putting me over the edge that leaves me wondering as to why "frustration = fun" is a good idea (not that I hate all frustratingly difficult games, some may have some redeeming qualities, but that is irrelevant to the review). However, this game, while it does have its frustratingly hard moments, is actually fun to play, is highly amusing and is considerate for the lesser-experienced with its Way of the Coward system (if you die one too many times on one level, you are free to skip it if you feel like it). Not only that, but the humour (which is evident with 'Splosion Man himself as well as some of the music. Come on, who doesn't love Donuts?) and the music is top-notch. In short, it's a great game, I highly recommend it, but if you're unsure, then there's always the demo you can try out. Expand
  10. Dec 23, 2010
    A fantastic multi player game that lets up to 4 people play. Increased difficulty = Increased fun as all four take to the sky in this game, a bargain as well :D
  11. May 30, 2014
    'Splosion Man is yet another original title on the XBLA. It's challenging, humourous and just plain fun to play. It's definitely worth the price. The co-op is just as good as SP.

'Splosion Man is bursting with humor, personality, and classic platforming challenges. Not a moment goes by without seeing something new and exciting and 'Splosion Man himself is one of the most endearing new videogame characters of the year.
  2. ’Splosion Man is not for the weak, or the uncalloused of thumb. But if you do have the druthers to give it a whirl, you’re going to find yourself playing one of the most addictive and challenging games to come out on XBLA so far. To put it simply, it’s a blast.
  3. 'Splosion Man is one of the most enjoyable and unique platform games I've played in years. The gameplay is simple to pick up but full of complexities to master.