2.7

1. Apr 24, 2013
    I'm not going to balance out the score (I think that is just a distasteful as the 10's from the software developers).
    This game is below average but not a zero. Poor graphics, glitches, and sub-par game-play. I'm half way through the game and the story isn't horrible but it isn't the best either. Although it is a fun co-op experience.
    This is the type of game that should be $30 max $40
    right off the store shelves and I would buy it. I will purchase it but I will wait for that used price. Expand
  2. Apr 23, 2013
    Look, if you are somehow affiliated with the company and shilling good reviews on Metacritic, face it champ, you are a cheap sellout. This game is EXACTLY what we've all feared: a shoddy knock-off of a venerable IP. Congrats, you threw some bones (heh) at the original cast and then skimped on game mechanics, graphics, and story...i.e. the only things that matter. And, oh dear V'ger...the cutscenes...every 2 minutes. Oh really...another turbolift ride? Did you guys not notice how Mass Effect fixed this obvious BS? I would say, honestly, that if you're a hardcore Trekkie...please wait until this is >$20. It's simply a substandard, lazy game. Expand
  3. Apr 26, 2013
    This game looked better in the videos, unfortunately it falls short. Don't buy it, it's not worth the $60.

But yes, these fake 10/10's are bad, as are the 0/10's (it's not that good or that bad)

Also, I am glad Angry Joe pointed out the co-op flaws in PC version, but this is the 360 section.
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    If you're a Trekkie or any sort of Gamer you are bound to experience a lot of different feelings towards this game, none of the are good! Here's why:

There is a lot I want to say about the game and to run it into the ground for how disappointed I am in it, but I will do my best to be as factual as possible. In short the game feel like a beta version and not a polished game.

The
    controls are floaty at best and this leads to you feeling disconnected from start to finish. For example, ledge grabs feel forced and it is always a guessing game as to whether of not you are meant to be going a certain way.

The A.I. is just a joke and 'boss' fights are quickly dealt with as enemies are easily dispatched by simply being quicker than your opponent. Even on the Hard setting it's just too easy, all enemies seem to walk into the barrel of you gun.

The graphics have their moments but for the most part are disjointed, with poor lighting. The textures are for the most part bland and I found myself on the Gorn mothership wondering when will the scenery change.

The level design is simplistic turning it into a less than fantastic corridor shooter, it gets old really fast.

The bugs, yes I'm sure you have read it's buggy by now and believe me when I say, they aren't lying. Clipping left right and center, overlays of previous segments, guns firing in the reload position, enemies running into walls, death for no reason (I kid you not, I have died after a cut scene more than once).

The only saving grace this game may have is the co-op, I gave this a bash for 1 round using Xbox Live and it was amusing. However I did find myself having to run after my partner often as they simply wanted to run-and-gun without any exploration. This said, the match-making is not perfect as I often found myself selecting my play criteria only to be given the exact opposite of what I wanted. I.E. play only as Kirk and yet I end up playing as Spock.

My final words, if you really must have this game... Please for the love of all that is holy, wait for it second hand. If ever a developer deserved to go under due to sloppy workmanship the makers of Star Trek certainly do!
  5. Apr 24, 2013
    Nice visuals, entertaining mini-games, but the rest of it is a buggy mess filled with horrible design ideas (like over-the-shoulder camera, climbing sections and forced stealth). I humbly advice you to avoid this game.
  6. Apr 23, 2013
    I rented this game tonight and returned it within 2 hours. Subpar graphics, cheesy and forced dialog, not enough combat scenarios, only being able to play as Kirk or Spock. This is truly an abomination. And guess what, I love Star Trek. Don't waste your money on this game!
  7. Apr 23, 2013
    This isn't your standard run and gun game... and trust me that really isn't a bad thing. It has some balancing issues and the controls can be touchy at times but there still a lot of fun to be had here. The weapons types are fun, from your standard phaser pistol to a transportation riffle it's all here. The voice acting by the original cast is spot on and down right funny at times and the music is fantastic. This game is a must play with a buddy or co-op online. If you're a Star Trek fan buy it, if not this is definitely worth at least a rental. My official score 7.5. Play it! Expand
  8. Apr 24, 2013
    If you love Star Trek and you are not employee of the company who made this junk, or another developer, who pays people to write positive reviews. DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!! FOR REAL! Wait till it gets cheaper, really cheap, i dont mean "Gamestop used game cheap" i mean really cheap. A real bad try to combine Mass Effect, and Gears with the look of JJ Abrams version of Star Trek. It should actually explain some of the faults in the first movie and should connect it with the second part. In my eyes it doesnt. Why do the Gorn look that way?? Even Star trek Online made a good version of them, actually the story in STO was more tensing than here.

Its merely a middle class co-op shooter. and when playing alone. its sucks even more.

It has its good moments, but unfortunately there are bugs and glitches. Which should not, actually should never be in the final version of a game.

If you can look over the logic faults, the party extremly bad textures, and the bugged co-op.
    Well you can play it in co-op (thats the real good point here)
    But not worth 60 Euro. 30 would be much, 25 okay., but 60 for a not finished game?

When do Publishers stop releasing games in a Beta status? Aren't there testers for that?

As it is still a try to put a better light into Star Trek than the new Movies, its a 4/10 on normal rating standards.
    The Plus from the Co-Op in it already.

But the bugs and the fact that it gets boring after.. 2 hours of gameplay. makes it just a 3/10
  9. Apr 25, 2013
    This is a dark day for my gaming world. I'm a huge trek fan so this hurts even more yet again. I passed up on some great and now I know awesome titles in the past few months in order to save up and buy this game. I admit I was hooked when I first saw the initial reviews of 8 to 10 perfect scores. This game is very aveage at best and I so wish I can return this game. But I will suck it up and finish it. Maybe I can still trade it in for another title like tomb raider or bioshock. Elite force will always be the best trek game out to date. Expand
  10. Apr 24, 2013
    Stop lying to consumers Namco Bandai. The fact that you delayed review copies, denying that Co-op doesn't work and having to create fake accounts on Metacritic in order to combat the negative press reviews this game is about to get is crap. Incredibly unprofessional. Its again another sub par, below average movie licensed title with third person action we've seen time and time again.
  11. Apr 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game looks like, if you squatted down and took a big smelly dump and then got down on your hands and knees and ate that very dump.

Spoiler Alert-

This game is terrible.
  12. Apr 24, 2013
    audio is probably the best thing about the game, followed by the overall feel; which is to say it feels like "Trek," with some nods to REAL STAR TREK. Think having the actual actors hurt them as well as helped, they burned so many polygons trying to duplicate faces, and they look awful. Made the rest of the textures low res to keep frame rates up.
  13. Apr 24, 2013
    Please, do not waste your money on this shi* like i did... Even fans could have made a much better job!!!
    Star Trek should stay as a TV serie, do not ruin that too...
  14. Apr 23, 2013
    What is with the jerks giving this game zero's, must be star wars fans, anyway, I like both star wars and star trek, played this game on my PC. It was a fun ride, the graphics are ok, not as bad as some other people are saying, if you like games like mass effect you will like this game, simple
  15. Apr 23, 2013
    Just a terrible, terrible game. Like someone said on twitter "I say it now & loud. Those user reviews on MetaCritic for #StarTrek are flat out lies. So far it's as much fun as jacking off a Klingon." Such a scam. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! 0/10 for sure.
  16. Apr 25, 2013
    Not meaning to sound rude but unlike most of the people here I've actually played the game and for an extended amount of time. This is a more fitting score. I have to admit what first was excitement over the possibility of a great new Trek game has dwindled since I've played it. Not that the game doesn't have it's share of good moments, but what plagues Star Trek is that it's just so average. Blend together the movement and cover scheme of Mass Effect, the detective mode of the Batman Arkham games, and the overall feel of The Darkness 2 and you get Star Trek. The gameplay just isn't that fresh and it's not that much fun or kinectic like it could have been. With all of that said it's passable. Environments are recycled through the same areas, and there isn't much variety to them. But developer Digital Extremes managed to put together the entire cast from the Abrams movie, each member makes the game a little better and gives off the Trek atmosphere, Kirk and Spock's banter is easily a highlight. Michael Giacchino from the movies steps in and provides some excellent music that just makes the atmosphere work, and that's the best thing about this game, is how much they tried to accommodate it to Abram's Trek. The story is fairly interesting, revolving around the Gorn with some nice references from the original series thrown in. At the end of the day you have a decent game that for Trek fans I'd recommend a rent. Expand
  17. Apr 25, 2013
    Balancing out the terrible liars.
    You guys know that for every fake 9 or 10 there's gonna be a couple more 0 s because this is just so despising. Why would you even think you could get away with this?
  18. Apr 23, 2013
    Very lame game. Graphics are like Im playing a game for the Original Xbox, and the controls are ridiculous, along with the camera movement. I would not recommend even renting this game I don't care if your a die hard Star Trek fan. You will be very dissapointed. I was looking forward to this and I am sad they couldn't pull through
  19. Apr 25, 2013
    A worthless attempt on making an enjoyable interactive experience to the star trek universe. Even worse is having people from the development team trying to scam us by using fake accounts on meta critic to try and convince people to buy the game. If they think that customers are idiots then they shouldn't have considered using tricks like this to give a lame excuse to buy the game. AVOID IT
  20. Apr 25, 2013
    Its terrible how Video Game developers are being increasingly dishonest. DONT BUY THIS GAME! There are loads of bugs and glitches and the PC version does not have operational coop.
  21. Apr 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would like to say i was expecting a BETTER game,given the fame of its license.but,i'm sad to report STAR TREK the video game is of almost Duke Nukem level mediocrity.the graphics are rough,exhibiting a distinct lack of polish.story amounts to a work of star trek fan fiction that barely holds ones interest.gameplay mechanics that aspire to be like a MASS EFFECT style third person shooter,but fall well short.more then a little clipping,geometry intersection and poor environmental hit detection.rudimentery puzzles that repeat far too often and co-op interactive scenario's of a most basic level akin to the Army of Two series.partner A.I. is borderline incompetent,although i suspect an online buddy would help alleviate this.its very little wonder no advance copies of this game went out for proper review prior to launch,the faulty workmanship would have been laid bare,it should serve as a warning when a games publisher withholds it for review.i would advise a rent,as i had done if you still want to give it a go.i however cannot endorse a full box price purchase.$60 is far too much to shell out for pablum of this nature.a shame really,as i had said before,i was expecting better,the sad reputation for movie based games continues to be perpetuated with STAR TREK the video game,be forewarned. Expand
  22. Apr 25, 2013
    Glitch infested pile of s**t By the way if you see all those super positive reviews saying how game is awesome those are most likely Namco Bandai PR employes trying to boost user score just like they are doing in PC section
  23. Apr 24, 2013
    cant play online! piece of crap! sort it out!.... graphics are not that bad but i met many glitches.. not worth full price.. license games should cost 30$

btw stop creating fake accounts to boost the score!!!
  24. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is awfully bad, its so bad it makes me cry but the reason I set it so low is the shady business of the developers, fake accounts on metacritic and steam do not buy this game until the price is so low!
  25. Apr 24, 2013
    Shills. Shills everywhere. Shady devs doing shady stuff. To all of you who paid for this game, I urge you to get refunds or do chargebacks with your banks if possible. Do not support this kind of shady behavior.
  26. Apr 25, 2013
    This game could have been good but hey, what do you expect from a game that comes out like 3 months after its announced. Im giving this game a 0 not because i despised it was unplayable, (definetly awful tough) but because a company writing fake user reviews is just plain dishonest and pathetic. The bad quality of the game could have been more understandable if it was rushed because of the release of the movie, but was not rushed. These guys have been working on the game since before the original JJ Abrahams star trek in 2009, which is plenty of time to develop a game. So you could say they just f*cked it up and its pretty much their fault. But if you make a bad game, and its your fault, just accept it and move on, don't write useless fake user reviews because you are going to be mauled by the press anyway. I personally have much more respect for people who make games but don't lie to your face about it. The zero is also for failing to make something worthy of the JJ Abraham movies, which h I am a big fan of. Expand
  27. Apr 25, 2013
    Buggy as hell, co-op doesn't work,glitches everywhere, boring story, un original gameplay.
    Fake accounts reviewing this game giving it a 8 to 10 score range make me want to vomit, i can believe namco actually agreed to collaborate in a project like this. is clearly an unfinished game. do not buy it.
  28. Apr 24, 2013
    This game has so many bugs that anyone should have been embarrased to release it.
    Tossing the bugs aside, it's a very average game that deserves a score around 5-6, but since people don't mind giving painfully buggy games a 10 i guess i don't mind giving it 0.
  29. Apr 25, 2013
    I was very sceptical about this game, and now all my worst nightmares have become true. This game is horrid. Gameplay: 1 Voice acting: 1 Story: 1 Concept: 1 Art style: 1
    I have run these points through a complicated and thorough score aggregation process and determined that this game conclusively deserves a score of 2/10.

Thank you for your attention.
  30. Apr 25, 2013
    Okay have this game from Steam My real name's Dan, I am not an employee of Namco or anything. I throw that out there because holy crap do people think that no one can like this game without being bought off.

I just created this account to say the game is not horrible. The story is interesting, the voice acting is solid, and though there's some weirdness in the collision detecting and
    weird glitches. The setpieces are great and I hate the thought that somebody is throwing a zero out there just to tank a game that seriously doesn't deserve it...

This is the PC version I'm talking about I understand the PS3 version and 360 version are tanked.
    And unfortunately the multiplayer you know the thing they did a WHOLE DAMNED VIDEO about? It doesn't work.

I don't play multiplayer games but looks like I lucked out this time. Buy it if you're a Trek 09 fan, or GameFly it if you're having cold feet.
  31. Apr 24, 2013
    I like it. A lot. I am a massive "Star Trek" fan, so that could factor into my feelings (yes, I even like JJ's altverse). Most of the criticisms I'm reading, including the Toronto newspaper, are judging this based on other video games, not on its OWN MERITS. I've found it incredibly entertaining and hard for me (as a fan) to put down. I'm really enjoying the audio logs and additional material, in particular. Keep in mind, I am not a very big gamer, I buy maybe two games a year mostly for my family. This was a "selfish" purchase, I'm very glad I made it and there is very little more I could have hoped for from a game based on the JJ "Star Trek" movies. Expand
  32. Apr 25, 2013
    Haha look at all the profiles of the people giving this game high scores. See anything weird? Most have only reviewed this game and a few have 1 or 2 others reviews in a half hearted attempt to hide the fact that THEY ARE FROM THE DEVELOPERS. You know your game is absolutely horrible when you have to try and inflate your score by reviewing it yourself. Without those scores and reviews I'd guess this game would be rated somewhere around 1-2. Expand
  33. Apr 25, 2013
    The only good Movie licensed game out there. GET THIS AND SUPPORT IT. These poeple writing bad reviews don't know anything. Cheers to more games like this!
  34. May 1, 2013
    After having played through the entire game, i can say i had a lot of fun. Yes, there were bugs galore. But what game comes out bug-free these days. Also, i still maintain a few of my original points It has a decent story and atmosphere (feels like you are living star trek), gameplay is serviceable and could get better with more fine tuning of mechanics. Graphics on my PC were good, nothing mind-blowing, but combined with good music and sound, as well as some of the humor, makes it enjoyable.

I think the general public is overcome with emotions, because a few players like myself, rated it very high before we had finished it. It is understandable. However, remember one thing gamers, a game is only as enjoyable as you make it out to be. In doing all this hate towards the game, think of the fact that if you looked past some of its flaws, at the core, this was a decent attempt at a star trek game, and you could have enjoyed it instead of wasting time spewing all this hatred on the internet......it is your loss, at the end of the day,

Cheers and enjoy your gaming,
    Girland
  35. Apr 26, 2013
    People giving it a 0 are no better than the people giving it a 10. You people are jokes, how about instead of trying to troll rating, just give it what you actually think it deserves and leave it at that. The game doesn't deserve a 0, no game deserves a 0, especially if it's actually playable. It definitely does NOT deserve a 10 either because the game suffers from loads of problems. You people being all focused on "balancing" the score is just disgusting.

I guess some people just really need to grow up. Perhaps one day everyone will see how stupid they were being... but I wont hold my breath.
  36. Apr 23, 2013
    So far it is not bad. I find it to be very similar to James Bond Blood Stone. While it is a low budget movie game with rough graphics and was clearly rushed to beat theaters, it has a certain charm and it is clear that the developers do love the series.
  37. Apr 25, 2013
    Co-op doesn't work, gameplay mechanics looks like a cheap rip-off of popular titles, like Call of Duty. There's no creativity in the art direction, looks like it's taken straight from Mass Effect 3. Don't buy this game.
  38. Apr 25, 2013
    You guys are acting like this is the worst game ever. It's not that bad, It's actually enjoyable. I've played it for about two hours and I had some fun with that so far. Of course there are things that are not great about it like: the graphics, some little bugs here and there, and sometimes the AI is a little glitchy. However some of these reviews are negative for the sake of being negative. This game is far from the worst game ever, I mean have you played 007 Legends? To me 007 Legends goes right along with Superman the game for N64. Those two games were not even fun, at least this one is fun. So bottom line on this is it's a pretty fun game, with some minor glitches. If you're Star Trek fan you will going to enjoy this. it it's not perfect but it's fun. Expand
  39. Apr 26, 2013
    I swear this forum is full of 12 yr olds. Everyone complaining about the game, well not everyone. but the tone is full of bs and attacks. I have the game and have been playing for awhile now, is it the next greatest thing, no, but it is fun and has a very good Star Trek feel to it. I have no complaints in the graphics dept. the game has many good aspects to it and the story is decent. It has its bugs yes, but if you overlook them the game is a good deal of fun. The tricorder is a good fun tool. The scanning and research bits are a nice touch. And the lite RPGs aspects add some depth to the game. I don't know why all the bad reviews are flocking here, but if you are a true Star Trek fan there is a lot of fun to be had with the game. Expand
  40. Apr 24, 2013
    This game is pretty good. The game definitely captures the feel of the movie. It has some pretty decent visuals, and a solid story, as well as good voice acting. The combat is a pretty generic, and there really isn't anything all that special about the game. With Co-op, there's definitely fun to be had. You can scan items for XP, then use that XP to upgrade your guy, which was neat.

Overall, don't expect your mind to be blown, since this game pretty much does what a million games before it has done. It doesn't mean its a bad game though, but I think fans of star trek would probably get the most enjoyment out of this game. For people who aren't fans, it's pretty much a straightforward shooter like games you have probably played before.
  41. Apr 24, 2013
    I am enjoying the game more than I thought. I bought it from Steam on a whim and finally played it today. It has some pretty good fight sequences that sadly aren't as exciting as they should be because the scripted animations are pretty rough, but had DE have more time, or money to make something closer to the quality of Darkness II it would have been fun and exhilarating, but sadly we just got this game. It's not broken and I am finding myself having fun at times. Definitely an 8.0.

I'm giving it a ten for balance.
  42. Apr 24, 2013
    Joining the good guys on this one. Tired of people bringing down games for the sheer fun of it. Shame they have nothing better to do with their time.
  43. Apr 25, 2013
    the co- is so bad the game is glitches and it is like the wrost game of 2013 also I do not know wtf why they can't make a star trek game that is good they always f*ck it up
  44. Apr 25, 2013
    I have got to say..wow. Really? Fake accounts? You guys thought you can pass that off? That is just sad. It really shows how crappy this game is. Poor gameplay, and cover system. Dark day for me and Star Trek fans everywhere
  45. Apr 25, 2013
    Another terrible rushed movie tie in game. These must stop. Somebody has to do something about it. It's almost as bad as the Terminator Movie game. Almost.
  46. Apr 26, 2013
    Wow. What an enormous, buggy mess. I bought the Xbox 360 version for my 12-year-old son he'd been waiting for it for months. Well...we've played buggy games before, but this one's co-op feature went totally south after one play attempt (so, uh, nope it's not just Steam causing the issue). We could not resume our local co-op game...the game play is kind of lame, and it really lacks any sort of innovative gaming, which could be excused if the code were clean and the game actually worked right. Before co-op went south, we saw a number of bugs and render errors.
    It's highly disappointing that Namco and its partners seem to be spamming positive reviews of this mess. As someone who used to review games for a living and a former judge for games for the Codies, this is really disappointing. Everyone who bought this mess should get a full refund and $15 credit for a game humans can actually play.
  47. Apr 25, 2013
    This is a lame movie licensed game like all the rest. Co-op doesn't even work, and a lot of the positive reviews are fake. They established a severe review embargo so that critics wouldn't be able to let people know how awful it is, but hopefully people won't let them get away with that. This 0 is deserved, for both the poor business practices and another terrible game. Don't waste your time, folks. Expand
  48. Apr 25, 2013
    Do not buy this game and support these rats who put out an unfinished game and try to hide it by making fake reviews. It is very sickening what people like this do to the gaming industry.
  49. Apr 25, 2013
    This is by far the biggest piss poor excuse for a "GAME", is not even a game. IT'S A BULLSH!T RIPOFF!. do not buy, do not play it (if u can), do even think of the title of this "GAME".
  50. Apr 25, 2013
    Now i'm a big star trek fan but when things like this happen.. it makes me ashamed to be a fan of the franchise.. this is a glitchy as hell game and personally, i'd much rather play a little game called Star trek online..I'm more just giving this a 0 due to the really big PR problem these guys had with this game, and the complete lack of respect to the fans of this franchise..

Though
    the glitches and servers being down did not help. Expand
  51. Apr 26, 2013
    All fake accounts and developers rate the game 10 or 8 out of 10. Now if you rate your own game a 10 out of 10 just because you made it while no one else is able to play the co op and the game is just pure why even bother making it? I hope, from the ground of my heart, that Namco Bandai games goes bankrupt. Shame on all of you over at Bandai.
  52. Apr 25, 2013
    Sucks balls the end........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Expand
  53. Apr 25, 2013
    It lacks at everything it should succeed at. it barely compares to the games released now. the mini games don't get any more difficult and only become a pain to do in the future.
  54. Apr 26, 2013
    Completely broken and bug ridden. They had no excuse to release to release it in this state. The lowest point was when the developers created fake game accounts to write false reviews to boost the game, that alone spells out that this game is A good game would speak for itself.
    A typical attempt to cash in on the movie. EPIC FAIL.
  55. Apr 27, 2013
    I got this game regardless of the poor reviews because I'm a Star Trek fan. I have yet to beat the game, but I have to say I'm glad I did. After reading many of the poor reviews and playing this game, it's a great surprise nothing is nearly as bad as they make it out to be. Sure, certain animations other aspects *could* be better, but they are all in decent form here.

I love Far Cry
    3, but at least I don't get pissed off playing this game because I have to go to the menu and shuffle things around. This game is great! Expand
  56. Apr 30, 2013
    This game is AWESOME I do not know what all the bad reviews is all about. Just a bunch of haters. I love star trek. the game play is great the graphics awesome I hope they continue on with the next part
  57. Apr 25, 2013
    Wow! The persons/developers that posted the 10 should have their finger broken for typing such lies. The game has tearing issues, poor AI, low detail, poor color schemes.......if you ask about it, excluding the story, the entire game is a pile of Rubbish with one good attribute, again excluding the story, to comment on. I do NOT make games for a living, but what I do I do well and I have the ability to see good and poor quality from those around me (Its Engineering).......when I see poor quality I say, "Stop, let's do that again". Why this was allowed release is beyond me, it honestly has made me not want to even see the movie. Expand
  58. Apr 26, 2013
    Stay away from this game! You've been warned. Don't believe in blasphemous accounts that gives a score of 8 or 9 or 10. They're all fake accounts that Namco made to boost the popularity of this buggy game for you to buy it. Nice try Namco, but try again.
  59. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is a horrible glitchy bug filled mess. For the Developers and Publishers to be coming on here and giving the game a perfect 10 is a travesty. It shows how little the people in the gaming industry care about their customers all they want it blindside you and steal your money as fast as possible before you have a chance to learn the truth about their games. Absolutely, dishearteningly pathetic. Expand
  60. Apr 26, 2013
    This game could be so good, innovative, authentic but... NO, its just another third person shooter that offers nothing new. The gameplay, characters, story, graphics everything is pretty generic. My advice: go play mass effect 1 and 2 again. Wait for the price to drop for like $20. This is just my opinion.
  61. Apr 26, 2013
    So, let me be clear. This game gets a 1 because it starts up and looks/acts like a game. I really didn't believe how awful people were claiming it is. I feel compelled to never play this again before getting through the first mission.

Issue 1: Minor, but serious WARNING FLAG. Even as the UI pans to the options screen there's a visible glitch.

Issue 2: Upon starting the game, I had no
    idea what was going on. There's a lame attempt at foreshadowing the inevitable Kirk/Spock fight. It's doesn't even work as a story device because it's just badly done.

Issue 3: Finally, on board the Enterprise. TRIANGLES ARE FLYING EVERYWHERE. Literally the most horrible graphical bug i've ever seen in a game. Not present anywhere else, as far as i've seen. Might be limited to some hardware but it is a game breaking bug. I have a fairly widespread, if weak, GPU in this machine. I can't be the only one to have had this.

Issue 4: First hacking puzzle. Seriously, I looked at this for 10 seconds and could not comprehend what I was supposed to do. The implied nature seemed simple, but visually there was no indication of anything that made sense. Again, i've seen other complaints of the same nature. Make Spock hack everything.

Issue 5: Got to the third spinny thing, black screen and total lockout from the pc. Hard reset. This was actually the 2nd black screen in 10 minutes of gameplay.

Then I came here. Because if I played for another 10 minutes, i'd easily have another 5 points to make.

The graphics are actually an awful mash of different quality levels. High res next to low res. Some assets make others look worse by just being near eachother. Extremely inconsistent. Whoever directed the cinematics/cutscenes/dialogue should never be allowed to work in games again. Seriously, who directed this? Kevin Smith?! (I like Smith, but he's not an action director to the point where he's cut action from his films so he didn't have to direct it!) I haven't even heard enough dialogue to be critical of the performance, purely how story flow/pacing is churned out destroys any good the actors might have done. WTF is wrong with Scotty's eyes? It's like he starts crosseyed and then... oh why even bother trying to explain it.

So basically, a 5 is extremely generous and the maximum legitimate score. Anything above that is a review by someone involved with the game. That includes the reviews from 6-10 claiming that Star Trek fans will love it. This is literally them trying to pander to hardcore Trek fans as a last resort. They are lying and you'll find out soon enough if you buy it.

Absolute trash. Worse than Colonial Marines, for real. I managed to finish Colonial Marines, as awful as I knew it was. Anyone who can finish this really deserves a free car or a year's supply of toilet paper or something. It makes CM look like a 9/10 game.

This game is practically committing fraud. I'm pretty sure that if standards and practices/ethics organisations were more involved in the game business this would be considered fraud. I have never made that accusation against a game in my life. Valve might want to rethink their refund policy for this one.
  62. Apr 28, 2013
    I'm a fairly real person and I rented this from my local dvd vending machine 2 days ago. I'm playing through the game and I haven't beaten it yet, but I would say I'm more than half-way through. I really think this game is getting a bad reputation... like everyone decided to jump on the cynical critic train for some reason. I would honestly rate this game 8.75 out of 10. I am not afraid to call a bad game bad, either this just isn't a bad game. The characters feel like the characters from New Trek and the voice acting is superb. I've noticed humorous asides and self-aware commentary from the characters. I have enjoyed the gameplay like getting rewarded for dispatching enemies in a non-lethal way and finding objects to scan with the tricorder. I've only played the game in offline single player mode as Kirk, but the AI has been reliable and I've never had to wait around for Spock to help me complete a coop task. All in all I've had a ton of fun and I have enjoyed the story and I plan to keep the game until I finish it. I wish I had enough money to pay for the game, especially since the game is probably not going to sell well due to the negativity. Expand
  63. Apr 26, 2013
    The game is not perfect by any means, it has some very noticeable flaws, but overall is better than the sum of it's parts, if just barely. The graphics are sub-par, no not original Xbox bad, more like 2006 360 bad. The animations are not bad, but not exactly smooth, and the Friendly A.I. while doing a good job healing and taking orders, is not that helpful in combat. All that said, I'm having fun with the game, the story has been great thus far, the shooting mechanics feel good with a solid variety of weapons. It does a great job capturing the feel and look of Star Trek, and putting you in the shoes of the characters.There was some work put into this game, perhaps on a limited budget, but it's there. It gets the big things right, maybe some of the little things wrong. Overall, I think it's going to depend on A: How much you like third person action games and B: How much you like Star Trek. Me personally I hold both in high regard, so I can overlook some of the flaws. If your the same go out and support this game, it's probably gonna need it. Expand
  64. Apr 26, 2013
    Star Trek has been my passion over the years and this game is not only for the fans... Star Trek brings a new perspective as to how all the new Star Trek games will be developed. Yes the game may not be perfect and it has a couple of faults but I am certain that the game will get an update in the next few days. If you are a gamer i assure that this game will not fail to entertain you.
  65. Apr 23, 2013
    The game and everything a star trek fan could want, and can please even the other players too, because it has a competent story, an optimal gameplay that does not try to emulate games of the genre, and perfect voiceovers, play this game and feel it in JJ Abrans next film of Star trek
  66. Apr 23, 2013
    When I first saw the trailers I was very skeptical, but I pre-ordered from Amazon and it showed up today. I put it in and could not put it down, I'm loving it and I can't wait to replay it with a friend co-op. Best movie tie-in game since X-Men Origins: Wolverine and probably the best Star Trek game ever. Great voice acting, writing is good, gameplay is solid, pacing is also very good. For a Star Trek Fan this game is a must have. Expand
  67. Apr 24, 2013
    Decent game. Great foe fans of Trek. For all the idiots putting zeros who haven't even played the game, give it up. "it borrows from other games..." Yeah, I bought a fighting game the other day and it had kick and punch buttons! The nerve. Unreal! Played a new FPS too and it had me shooting stuff! BS! Subpar graphics? Please, graphics aren't everything and these are actually decent. Voice acting, story and music are top notch! If you're a Trek fan, don't hesitate. You will enjoy it! Expand
  68. Apr 30, 2013
    I enjoy the game. It is truly made for hard core trekkies, ready to look past the faults. The highlight of the game is 2 things: the story (I like the Gorn story) and the audio (voice and music). I love the soundtrack from Trek 2009 and its here. The cut scene graphics are not great, lots of artifacts. The in-game are fine, not out of this world, but no complaints. Is the game worth $60, no. The most is $40. Because I am a huge fan of Star Trek, they got my $60. I consider it a partial donation to keep Trek rolling for the future, even if they can't make a perfect game. Amazing that it supposedly took 3yrs to make this game. If you are a Trek fan, get it, maybe wait for the price to go down or catch it used. I have no regrets getting it, even at full price. Live long and prosper. Expand
  69. Apr 25, 2013
    As a gamer, I rate the games I play based on interesting stories, good gameplay, and the game's value compared to what I paid for it.

The story is decent...not bad, not great, just decent. Not edge-of-the-seat stuff, but at least it wasn't utterly boring.

The gameplay is the massive albatross around the title's neck. I can put up a long list of its faults, but most damning are the
    dated graphics, which look like they came from the original XBox, and the pointlessness of the cooperative interaction between Kirk and Spock, especially when playing on your own. It's extremely easy to flat-out forget about the other guy until he gets stuck running into a wall and needs to be revived.

For value, I would have slapped a 0 on this game if I paid $60 for it. Enemy AI is just too easy, so the game doesn't last and there's no replay value. However, I rented it for $2, which is pretty much equal to its value to most gamers.
  70. Apr 26, 2013
    The first thing i noticed when playing the game was that it looks like a pre-alpha; the textures are muddy and the character animations are laughable. While decent graphics aren't necessary to make a game enjoyable, for a game that claims to be a triple A title there's no excuse why it looks like a game from 2001.

The controls felt a bit clunky and unresponsive and the story had me
    bored after only 30 minutes, all in all a totally abysmal game. I can't think of a worse game I've ever played, and considering the fact that I've been gaming since the mid 70's I've played a lot of bad games. Expand
  71. Apr 26, 2013
    Thank god for refunds on steam, if listed features do not work as advertised you can always get your money back like me! Disappointing as I waited quite a while for this game, with the publishers PR team creating false metacritic ratings to try and boost sales I hereby declare shinannigans and am boycotting Namco.
  72. Apr 27, 2013
    I got the Xbox 360 version but I heard that PC co-op wasn't working but as the Xbox version goes it ok it's not the best it's got a lot of bugs but its a good story as it goes the gameplays ok it's basically just using your tricorder and shooting your gun that's about it that's how you sum it up but don't get me wrong it's a great game the co-op is basically the same in my opinion
  73. Apr 30, 2013
    I am disgusted with this crap. I have already refused to purchase games from Capcom and Sega due to their collective BS, and now movie license games. Wow. The last Movie game I played that sucked like this was Transformers, or Terminator Salvation. You, Star Trek, don't even garner an integer. I give you a 0. An Incomplete. A FAILURE. How the hell do you release a game that doesn't work properly? Really? Really??? Fallout New Vegas was better. Skyrim was better. They had HUGE glitches, but you know why they're better than you? Because they at least WORKED. Yeah, you might have had a character shoot 1000 feet in the air, but you could at least PLAY THE DANG GAME. Releasing a product only partially finished is pathetic. Pathetic. I'm glad I never got a Cheeve, that way I could DELETE the dang info. Expand
  74. Jul 28, 2013
    The only people who have been finding glitches in this game are people that mess about in co-op and do not actually play the game. The voice acting is great, the weapons are great, the sound is great, the game is great! If you are a Star Trek fan and loves Mass Effect also, then you will absolutely LOVE this game!
  75. Apr 27, 2013
    I posted my review over in the PC version but wanted to post here since this one seems to be getting more "user" attention due to being on the main games chart on the main page of metacritic (at the time of writing).

To any potential customers: BEFORE you trust any of these "green" 7-10 rating reviews, click the user name and look at the number of ratings and reviews they have! I cannot
    stress this enough. Most of them have only reviewed THIS particular game. That should raise your mental red flags, especially in light of the fact that at least ONE member of the development team has been caught engaging in shady PR on Steam.

I have yet to see a legitimate high rating from someone who has reviewed multiple games spanning months or years.
  76. Apr 30, 2013
    This is not a 'fake' review, I don't work for any jackass game company. In all honesty, faults aside, Star Trek is still very playable and entertaining. The voice acting is AWESOME, I could not believe they got so much of the cast into it, you NEVER SEE THAT in movie tie-in's. My mate and I had a few issues with the co-op on the 360 but i recall us struggling more on RE6 in regards to technical issues. Most of the time we'd just laugh at a glitch and try to make it worse, masochistic as that may sound we made something good out of something bad. Whether these 10/10/10/10 reviews are fake or not there's no reason to bash this game, it may not be worth 10 but definitely not a 0. I would say wait until it's cheap and grab it out of the bargain bin. I enjoyed it and generally everyone will if they go in with a bit of optimism. With games like Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider out at the same time, it's nowhere near a contender. Expand
  77. Apr 30, 2013
    i agree with the last reviewer this game is OFF THE CHAIN the official reviewers are smoking crack. the gameplay/plot/controls/music/graphics are all just amazing. definitely buy this or at least rent to see for yourself how sick it is.
  78. May 7, 2013
    I am a fan of the new Star Trek movies. I am a fan of science fiction. I am a fan of this sort of game.

I am so glad I rented this game. I don't even have words to express how glad I am that I did not buy this game. I am not a tough critic. If a game has some enjoyable elements, I will enjoy the bits that I can. This game has no enjoyable elements. Not a single one. The graphics
    are mediocre at best. The gameplay is truly horrible. The story is atrocious (as much as I could tolerate before I returned the rental on the same day I rented it). I have never rated a game a zero, because there was no reason to give a game such a bad score if there was some redeeming quality to it.

I rated this game a zero. I hope I am never again confronted with a game so bad that I will return the rental early because I just can't even stand to have it in my house.
  79. Apr 27, 2013
    Just popping in to counteract the BS metacritic accounts this company made. These companies that think they can get away with this kind of stuff are really pissing me off now. I just want this practice to stop. It's embarassing. STOP!

This game sucks don't buy it. You'll be sorry!
  80. Apr 28, 2013
    I have never met a game that I would rate before I finished it through the credits. Until now. I have been gaming since 1979 and I watched the original star treks when they were new every week when I was I kid. I am a huge fan of Star Trek. I rented this game at Redbox for $2.70. I want my money back. The first thing I noticed with this game is the terrible controls. Kirk had a kind of "walk drift" or maybe it was an intentional code to push the character forward, whatever it is Kirk would walk right off ledges. He did it four times in the first ten minutes of game play. I played the original Tomb Raider and all that followed. I played all of the Prince of Persia series and Assassins Creed. I do not walk off cliffs. Bad controls walk off cliffs.

They had him climbing walls like Ezo (well a cheap knock off Ezo) Why? because they had no original ideas and "gee everyone is doing it, Momma can we do it too? please? please Momma?" Ridiculous.

I ejected the game in disgust within those first ten minutes, the first time I have ever done that. Usually I am tenacious and will push through.

Because I'm merciful I will throw this game a bone. The setting was very Star Trekkie. There that's all I got.

Final word: In today's gaming world "Ain't nobody got time for this!"
  81. Apr 30, 2013
    Like most I was at first excited about the new Star Trek video game but quickly lost interest once reviews and quick looks started rolling in. Currently the game (360 version) has a 43/100 critic rating on MetaCritic and a 2.5/10 user score. Pretty bad. Despite knowing better, I rented the game from Red Box anyway. $2 a day isn't that bad, and if it turned out to be terrible I'd cut my losses early.

I've invested $6 in the game so far (three days) and I have to say it's not as bad as I imagined it would be. I started out playing co-op with my girlfriend and the level design and gameplay is ugly right from the start. The game makes it very clunky to get into and out of cover and for someone who isn't well versed in video game mechanics is guaranteed to have a very difficult time early on. If that weren't bad enough, oftentimes the game will react in strange ways to your inputs. You can push to jump in one direction and your character will jump off a cliff to his death for no good reason.

There's a sequence early on where you have to run as a series of explosions chases you. This is a point in the game where I really wanted to put down the controller and take the game back to Red Box. For some reason every time the game starts you off with the camera backward and your character facing in the wrong direction and you have to quickly reorient yourself and get running in the right direction or you'll die. This was more inconvenient than difficult for me as I quickly realized the game was trying to kill me. For my girlfriend, however, it was incredibly frustrating. When the game isn't being helpful at all it's much more difficult for someone who doesn't play video games often to get oriented and do what you're supposed to do. What's worse is doing what you're supposed to do can get you killed as often as not in this game because of bugs and bad design.

I started playing solo after the first level (with AI controlling Spock) and for awhile this was less frustrating. Until I ran into climbing sequences where it's almost completely unpredictable where your character is going to jump even if you're pressing in the right direction. Several times Captain Kirk simply jumped to his death for no good reason. I guess I'd want to end it all too if I were stuck in this horrible game.

Once the action picks up the game plays a little better. Of course I'm playing on easy so I can run and gun, because if I had to rely on the clunky cover system my blood pressure would rise even further than it already does while playing this game. There's a moderate variety of weapons you can pick up as you go, and it's satisfying to kill the Gorn enemies. As a Starfeet Captain you're "supposed" to 'set phasers to stun' when facing possessed human enemies, however I find it more enjoyable to simply kill them (not to mention easier). You can only fire off two "stun" shots before your weapon has to recharge and when you're facing a large number of enemies it's not practical to stun them all. Furthermore a stunned enemy only remains so for a few seconds and you have to run up to them and melee them to knock them out or they'll return to shooting at you. Interestingly the achievements reward you for getting X number of kills with each weapon, so again it's more beneficial to just kill everything.

Like the movies, there's lots of lens flare here.

One thing I like about playing with an AI partner is that you can have them perform all of the hacking and unlocking in the game. The mini-games are excessively long and get annoying so it's nice to just have Spock do everything for me. The co-op doors get incredibly annoying and boring, however. Why can't I just open the damn door?

The game has been a decent experience so far. It would be nice to actually be able to pilot the Enterprise rather than just play a sort of Space Invaders game where you fend off attacking ships with the Enterprise's weapons. It's an okay section, but they could've done more with the Enterprise. There are several sections of the game that encourage stealth, however it's more of a pain in the ass to try to pass by stealthily than it is to simply kill the enemies. There's also an upgrade system where you can spend XP in order to improve certain equipment, but as far as I can tell the upgrades make barely any impact on gameplay and I've stopped bothering even opening the menu.

Lastly, and probably least important, the names of the achievements in the game are lazy and this bothers me. "Beat Helios-1", "Beat New Vulcan"... They could've at least had better names for the story completion achievements. This has no impact on the game, it just really stood out to me.

In the end I would say you should not purchase Star Trek at its retail $60 price tag. I wouldn't even recommend buying it used until it drops below $20. You're best off renting the game at Red Box and you could probably complete it in a night if you wanted.

-avideogamelife.com
  82. Apr 28, 2013
    Once again, we get a high budget, 60 dollar game, and what do we get? An unfinished, bland game. There's only 6 or 7 hours of gameplay, but you'll still regret every hour. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!
  83. Apr 26, 2013
    The game isn't too bad, but it's far from being a AAA title. The game suffers from lack of polish, and it has random bugs throughout, but nothing really game breaking. For the co-op factor alone it is fun, but playing singleplayer is a lot less fun due to the stupid AI. Some of the bugs that happen actually are pretty funny though.

Don't let random bad ratings from trolls prevent u
    from getting this game. While it may not be worth $60, it is not a bad game, and if you have a friend to play with then the game is much more fun. If people actually think this game deserves a 0, and games like Walking Dead: Survival Instincts, or Resident Evil: ORC don't, then I feel terrible for you. Expand
  84. Apr 26, 2013
    I've just sat on the bog n pushed out a giant turd!...... So I thought since I produced it I would give it a 10 out of freaking 10!!!!!

I cant believe people would review their own s*it how utterly embarrassing!
  85. Apr 26, 2013
    The game is bad, but worse is the Devs treatment of the major problems it was having. Fake metacritic accounts, downplaying issues over twitter and the senior producer, Kenneth Lindenbaum, posting on Steam forums about how it all works fine for him.

Well, given the average user review on here, I hope they learned their lessons.
  86. Apr 26, 2013
    Still do not understand why this game has such a low rating, is a game with great graphics and history relatively good, when I started playing reminded me of mass effect and dead space, and now I'm enjoying it, great game.
  87. Apr 27, 2013
    Do NOT buy this game! It's not even worth a rent, it's just that bad. The game has clunky controls, dated graphics and poor animations. Yeah, I suppose the voices and sounds are great. BUT THAT'S IT! Every thing else, the A.I., cut-scenes, the general story lack severely in quality. It's almost like they didn't give a crap from the beginning they started making the damn game.

yourself some money and instead go play the FREE Star Trek Online mmo. Wasting your time and money on something as broke as this is SIMPLY not worth it. It's such a shame, I actually like some of Namco's games but this one is just SO BAD. Please save yourself headache. They go as far as to create fake reviews to try and counter the negative score, that alone should raise a red-flag.

Again, this game is COMPLETELY broke. Not worth the buy (even if it was priced at $5) or even to rent. There are plenty of other games with more re-playability and with LESS bugs than this pile of crap.

I rate this zero to reflect the level of effort they put into the game.
  88. Apr 27, 2013
    First off for starters I am not someone that works in the video game industry but rather i am a hardcore gamer that cares about content and games that are released, now with that being said lets crack on.

I did not purchase the game instead i rented it that way I can give ti a go and see how it is seeing that i am a huge Star Trek fan. This game for starters is rather quite buggy, you
    experience clipping quite on the norm especially when you are opening doors with your partner. Clipping I know is in every game but when you see it over and over again wit the same animations for opening a door it feels cheap. Next your AI partner can get caught up just running into walls or just not responding to what the objective is which leads to you having to reload the last checkpoint. These are just a few of the bugs that i personally experienced myself and thought i would share with everyone. If you can ignore these frustrations then you might be able to force your way through the game but some of these bugs were just really frustrating and should have been taken care of before release. So for everyone out there do take into mind that something is off if review copies are not sent out to reviewers.

To end this review the game just seems like a cash in on the reemerged popularity in the franchise which is a shame because I believe there are many people who want to see a great Star Trek game.
  89. Apr 27, 2013
    There is a good reason that gamer's take interest in quality control.

Their favorite IP's are often taken advantage of, for reasons no more convoluted than fiscal profit.

A bad game, is not a rare coinsurance. They are pretty easy to spot. It's been widely accepted, Star Trek The Video game is not only buggy, antiquated, and in some regards, non-functional but it's an obvious
    attempt to capitalize on the IP's popularity among long time fans of the series.

I do not own the game. If you're reading this; you don't need me to tell you, that this game is not worth your money. You should already know by now.

I'm writing this because of the un-ethical practices by the developers to influence the consumer base with fake reviews. Because of lead developers (Kenneth) arguing on Steam, posing as a normal guy, who loves the game. Because of refusing to provide pre-release review copies and yet, still insisting on charging full price for the release.

These are the kind of business practices that the gaming community, on a whole, are trying to document.

It's up to the gamer, to punish these kinds of developers and publishers of poorly made games, by voting with your collective wallets.

But this is not a matter of Star Trek simply being a bad game.

A bad game is bad enough; but when a company goes beyond marketing, and attempts to run a deliberate campaign to deceive the ill-informed consumer, we must hold them accountable by getting online documenting why we're upset, and contacting those at fault; in addition to not paying for something that is merely a scheme to get your money...

The gaming community is smarter than these people take us for.

Do not let yourself be comfortable with these kinds of practices. It is our responsibility to enforce a standard; please, for your fellow gamers, do not buy this game you are condoning the worst of the gaming industry.
  90. Apr 28, 2013
    I could compare this game to aliens CM I actually got pretty exited though not as much as for aliens
    it's set in the future though not the future of gaming they have aliens they both felt a little unfinished
    AND THEY BOTH SUCK though to aliens credit at least the co-op works
  91. Apr 28, 2013
    The voice talent is great but In these hard ecconomic times we live in most people find it hard enough just surviving, (eating, paying for living space ect... and some times you may even find yourself far enough ahead of the wolves to take a breath and relaxe a little and reward your self for your efforts to stay afloat. Purchasing Star Trek the Game did not have the desired effect that I was led to anticipate, (to say the least.) During my attempts to try to enjoy the product I kept experiencing problems like pressing L3 and not being able to get character to sprint, or pressing O and not being able to take cover from enemy fire. There are many parts of the game where you have to sprint and jump and you just end up jogging to your doom. In some instances I couldn't even get the character to interact with a ladder, resulting in my having to replay a particular part over and over and over. Characters also walk thru one another and get stuck on things much too often. shame on Paramount and Bandai Namco Games .You have made it clear that you don't have a very high opinion of the consumer. The important thing is, you got us to spend our hard earned money so you can maintaine a lavish lifestyle. Misleading the consumer into purchasing a sub standard product has become the norm, and is destroying the gaming industry. From hence forth April 23rd shall be known as National Settle For Less Day. Expand
  92. Apr 29, 2013
    Well where to start? I love Star Trek, and you'd think a game with a good writer on board, and solid voice acting from all the cast of the reboot would be good. Unfortunately it isn't. It's clear that this game was released in a highly unfinished state.

It has less polish than a dusty old cabinet in a shed, and more bugs then the insect house at Chester Zoo. Allow me to elaborate.
    The game is clearly designed to be played with a human co-op partner. If you have to rely on the AI, you're in for a lousy time.

- Your AI character (Spock in my case) will very often get confused by simple things such as walls and just run into them
    - When ordered to unlock a door or hack something he will very often just stand there
    - On one occasion I was downed in a gun battle. Did Spock heal me? No he just stood there looking and I had to restart and entire section
    - The jumping mechanics are a joke
    - The graphics would have been an embarrassment as a 360 launch title

I honestly don't know how anyone can rate this game above 3 stars. It claims to have 'Mass Effect' style gameplay. That's a huge insult to Bioware and anyone involved with the Mass Effect universe. This game does not even deserve to lick Commander Shepard's boots.

Truly awful stuff. If you don't believe me, rent before you buy!
  93. May 11, 2013
    Real god game, have played some bad games in my Life, but this is one off the better movie game i ever played Some bugs in the game take down the score, its real god game if you like star trek you going too like this game.
  94. Aug 26, 2013
    The two significant flaws of this game are the awkward control system and bad AI. The rest are cosmetic stuff. The good parts of this game still outweighed the bad: the soundtrack is great, the storyline is interesting and engaging, the voice-acting great, the game-pace is fast and movie-like, and the combat was fun even though it is far from perfect. On occasion I was even impressed by the visuals. It is mainly the tricorder and classic Star Trek weaponry that contributed to making the combat fun. The bad AI accidentaly turns this game into a tactical game, you simply need to order your companion around, otherwise he will die easily. As far as bugs and glitches go this game is no worse than most other games, including Skyrim, Assassin's Creed 3 and Dark Souls, which all had far more glitches and bugs than Star Trek yet no one is objective enough to mention that. The remaining cosmetic flaws of Star Trek are quite insignificant, unless all you really care about in games are the visuals. By the way I seriously doubt that 231 people would actually buy this game if it was so bad, so if you are reading this I would take it with a grain of salt. People love jumping on a bandwagon. Take it from someone who has actually completed the game twice: the proper objective rating for this game should be around 5-7 out of 10. If gameplay mechanics don't bother you much and you love the Star Trek universe the rating would probably be even higher. For me the only flaw with the combat is that there's no close-quarter combat function. The rest I was perfectly fine with. All in all I thought the game was fun, would I have paid full-price for it not really, £15-20 is a more reasonable price-range than £30. Expand
  95. May 9, 2013
    Liking a game is one thing, but this mess isn't in anyway shape or form a 10. Those reviews are fake and most likely planted. Confusing missions, too many mini games and abysmal graphics.
  96. Dec 9, 2013
    This game is terrible. Boring, not fun, meh graphics, broken coop... It was just BAD. Found it to be unplayable, personally. Worst game this year on xbox- definitely one of the all time worst.
  97. Sep 7, 2013
    This game has been way overly-bashed. I'm on my second play-through. Despite the rough edges from being rushed to market due to publishing and manufacturing deadlines, it's quite playable, and on the XB360 I suffered no freezes or major glitches. It's a real Star Trek type story with good voice acting and soundtrack.The guns are accurate, fun and diverse, and the tricorder is done great. The worst thing I noticed was probably the abruptly bad cut scene editing, a wonky space battle, and a couple of tricky flying sequences Way worth the $20 you can get it for now, especially if you really like Star Trek. If you don't like Star Trek you probably won't like it. Expand
  98. Jul 12, 2013
    While not being the worst movie licensed game I have ever played this game was a huge fail and letdown From the start this game is filled with tons of glitches and bugs The AI teammate you have that is either Kirk or Spock depending on who your playing is useless and at times refuses to do things. Various times I had to do something in sync with the teammate and the teammate just didn't do what they had to do or got stuck luckily the last checkpoint option saved this game from getting a 3 in my opinion The graphics are terrible too for this day and age and really are nothing special The story is just plain boring and predictable The Gorn return and they play the stereotypical boring alien race seen dozens of times that wanna destroy the universe and make everyone their slaves. The story is told ok though and doesnt leave you clueless which I suppose counts for something The game play is just as generic and tedious as the next 3rd person shooter which Is where I believe this game went wrong I believe they focused to much on it being a 3rd person shooter then anything else. The soundtrack is incredibly uninspiring and is barely existent even when its heard it just sounds like again every other generic sci fi game soundtrack and nothing like the mass effect and halo soundtracks I and many others have come to love. The stealth mechanics in this game are terrible if you even wanna attempt playing stealth the game gives you commendations for doing it and the thing that made me laugh the most was your ai teammate is somehow invisible to them instead of the game developers making him smart and avoid enemy's they took the pathetic easy route. Plenty of times I would see Spock in my case run out and get seen but the enemy's would just avoid him All this is wrapped up into your boring 8-11 hour campaign depending on play tactic and difficulty with boring easily boss battles and a boss without an actual personality. Avoid this game like the plague. Expand
  99. May 6, 2013
    This game was garbage. It froze up on me in the first 5 minutes and has deleted my save more times than I can count. The game is broken broken broken broken. Do not support this garbage.
  100. Apr 28, 2013

Final word: In today's gaming world "Ain't nobody got time for this!"

1. Jul 22, 2013
    Throughout its run-time, which seems like an eternity (though likely isn’t), Star Trek is a consistently underwhelming and frequently frustrating experience; it’s mostly ugly, it plays alright and does little of interest with a great license.
  2. Jun 12, 2013
    Star Trek: The Video Game is almost a fun, harmless game about cool characters shooting lizard men, but never rises above what you’d expect a licensed tie-in to be.
  3. May 31, 2013
    A shoddy job - no laurels! Even Captain Kirk and Spock know that. In all respects Star Trek: The Video Game is a very bad game.