Stormrise Xbox 360

6.6

1. AaronB
    Apr 21, 2009
    Best RTS on the 360..on any system for that matter including PC, and thats coming from an old Starcraft master lol..simple as that in my opinion. Great environments and effects, unique gameplay...turn-based combat/chess theory in some ways, if that makes sense; move,cover,let enemy attack, move etc; the 'whip select' works a treat once figured out. Its got a few issues here andBest RTS on the 360..on any system for that matter including PC, and thats coming from an old Starcraft master lol..simple as that in my opinion. Great environments and effects, unique gameplay...turn-based combat/chess theory in some ways, if that makes sense; move,cover,let enemy attack, move etc; the 'whip select' works a treat once figured out. Its got a few issues here and there which ARE going to be patched (patch 2)VERY soon (patch 1 already out), check out Stormrisers.com for more info. Great unofficial fan site only too willing to help u through an admittedly tough, engrossing, totally unique experience. Just add Stormrisers to your friends list, will be accepted in a couple of days, great online community (small but dedicated). Skirmish games are a blast to. Just take your time. Learn the game in single player, play co-op against AI armies learn from players only too willing to help and play skirmish mode against AI. Mature gamers will enjoy this one more I think. Collapse
  2. MarshallUrban
    Apr 2, 2009
    This game is a whole new exspierence in RTS on consles. once u get around its few little down sides it has amazing up sides nothing is better then commanding a group of enforcers supported by snipers up high. In all then only couple of downsides are units feel to weak and there are somethings that could be in there like dropships or buildable cover, aside from that this game is new andThis game is a whole new exspierence in RTS on consles. once u get around its few little down sides it has amazing up sides nothing is better then commanding a group of enforcers supported by snipers up high. In all then only couple of downsides are units feel to weak and there are somethings that could be in there like dropships or buildable cover, aside from that this game is new and extremely fun i recamend it. Expand
  3. LachlanB
    Mar 25, 2009
    Good game, great multiplayer, as long as you can get a handle on the controls. There is certainly a learning curve, but worth it once you get the hang of it.
  4. chrisb
    Mar 28, 2009
    True innovation coupled with amazing multiplayer maps. It is worth the price of admission just to fly the massive Eclipse around. Definitely a must play for any RTS fan or hardcore gamer.
  5. Oct 6, 2010
    THis game is so boring it is unbelievable. I bought it for about £10 thinking it would be a laugh but immediately wanted my money back. THe way you change characters is absolutely ridiculous. THere is a total of 0 people who ever go online probably because theyre busy playing a decent game other than this shambolic mess that should be banned as it is so poor. Want my Advice -THis game is so boring it is unbelievable. I bought it for about £10 thinking it would be a laugh but immediately wanted my money back. THe way you change characters is absolutely ridiculous. THere is a total of 0 people who ever go online probably because theyre busy playing a decent game other than this shambolic mess that should be banned as it is so poor. Want my Advice - Dont Buy this game. Expand
  6. Sep 23, 2015
    stormrise is still the best game I ever played and its been like 3-5 years ago it has its down sides but the game is amazing how to you not like a game like this if you get bored of first person shooter like call of duty and that this is a game to play (10-10)

1. Edge Magazine
    Certainly, releasing it so close to Halo Wars suggests deliberate commercial suicide - that it’s genuinely progressive ideas will be ignored and lost as a result is a minor tragedy. [Apr 2009, p.118]
  2. Stormrise also does a terrible job of giving you information.
    A decent but unpolished strategy game built around a technological concept that only sort of works in any practical sense. An amiable attempt, but a far cry from victory.