7.3

1. Apr 2, 2013
    The idea is great. I love the game overall,but the one thing that puts it down is the controls. It's clunky and uncomfortable. Otherwise,great game! (I also love all the customization and crafting you can do.)
  2. Apr 12, 2013
    I'm not going to deny that Terraria is a great game, and I won't dispute that for some people it fully deserves a "10" rating; however that is not the rating I feel comfortable giving this game. The reason is simple: to me, Terraria is not finished based on what the game promises and what it actually achieves. I don't mean the "oh, we're updating it and brining in new content" kind ofI'm not going to deny that Terraria is a great game, and I won't dispute that for some people it fully deserves a "10" rating; however that is not the rating I feel comfortable giving this game. The reason is simple: to me, Terraria is not finished based on what the game promises and what it actually achieves. I don't mean the "oh, we're updating it and brining in new content" kind of unfinished (in fact I'm a staunch supporter of games which use this model to bring early releases to hungry fans); Terraria is unfinieshed in an abandoned kind of way. The features which are fully there are great, and there's a lot of great things to be said about the game, but unfortunately it falls short of what it could and should be. Of course, a lot of this is no fault of the developers; however I wouldn't reccomend Terraria to people unless they wanted a game to invest heavily into. If you want a game where you can build, explore or duke it out in PVP then Terraria offers all of that, however IMO none of these features are fully polished enough to warrant a high score.

That said, if the rumoured update does happen then my rating could well go up...
  3. Jun 8, 2013
    When i first heard of Terraria on the Xbox 360, i was thinking it was going to be something like a side-scrolling Minecraft, but it is much more. So many different things to do, let me name them off for you: Building houses for your people to live it, huge/awesome boss battles, so many different ores (the higher you get with more gear, the better and more difficult it gets),and so manyWhen i first heard of Terraria on the Xbox 360, i was thinking it was going to be something like a side-scrolling Minecraft, but it is much more. So many different things to do, let me name them off for you: Building houses for your people to live it, huge/awesome boss battles, so many different ores (the higher you get with more gear, the better and more difficult it gets),and so many more! I only rated it a 7 because the game didn't really get to me (i wasn't hooked like all my other friends were). But overall it's pretty impressive. (Oh, did i forget to mention, in this version there are quite some glitches to look out for, i'm mostly talking about multiplayer WARNING: This game does come with same-console multiplayer ONLY if you have an HD-TV. Expand
  4. Jun 15, 2013
    Could be better. I My friends were raving about the game and then they invited me over to try it. I did and it wasn't all that good. The controls are hard to understand, and building is almost impossible. It's pretty much a ripoff of Minecraft except with more pointless features. Hard to learn how to do anything and there are so many features, but they take forever to reach. I still can'tCould be better. I My friends were raving about the game and then they invited me over to try it. I did and it wasn't all that good. The controls are hard to understand, and building is almost impossible. It's pretty much a ripoff of Minecraft except with more pointless features. Hard to learn how to do anything and there are so many features, but they take forever to reach. I still can't get past the fact that it's in 2D. It was still fun though, just could use a lot of improvements. Expand
  5. Apr 12, 2013

1. Jun 3, 2013
    It may not be the best possible way to play Terraria, but taken on its own merits the Xbox version is still a triumph.
  2. May 22, 2013
    As absorbing and oddly addictive an experience as you'll find on 360. Just keep an eye on the clock - this game devours hours at a time. [Issue#98, p.81]
  3. May 20, 2013
    It's a slow starter, then, but you'll struggle to find a game this year that offers quite so much as Terraria. [Issue#135, p.122]