6.5

1. Mar 4, 2011
    Long, boring cutscenes you can't skip past. In this day and age, that's just inexcusable. I want to play a game, not sit through countless inane, puppet conversations. And you can't skip them! It was about 40 minutes of that crap before you're allowed to interact in the online part. This has got to be the only multiplayer racing game that punishes you for 40 minutes before you're allowed to actually get into a multiplayer race. Except here's the kicker, once you get into the "multiplayer" zone, unless you happen to have a bunch of friends playing at the same time, good luck getting into a race. I drove around fruitlessly for another 40 minutes trying to get a race started as other drivers passed me by like a homeless guy trying to get a cab. I guess everyone was busy hustling over to the next tedious cutscene. I hate games that force you to sit through lame narratives in general. But in a racing game?! I thought this would be a game with a lot of people driving around a huge expanse, having fun. In reality, it feels like a very solitary, joyless, grind, as you pass other players doing whatever the hell they're doing as you try to avoid any interaction with the game itself for fear of having to sit through another several minutes of poorly written, poorly acted, totally unnecessary, gibberish. This game gets a zero, because it's by far the least fun I've ever had playing a "racing" game. Okay, that's not fair. I can't really call this a racing game, because I NEVER GOT TO ACTUALLY RACE ANYBODY!! Did I mention the environment looks totally generic and lifeless? Bleh. I hate the makers of this game for wasting my time. Expand
  2. Feb 14, 2011
    Whats bad in this game?ALL! bad graphics, bad physics, bad gameplay, bad sound, bad music. First TDU was better than second part! I dont understand who puts positive marks to this game? TDU2 is awful! The last nail in the coffin of Atari.
    4.0
  3. Feb 11, 2011
    A game that stopped in the time, lacks everything, graphical, game play, history, is a shame that a game with a history , fail in everything, other reviews say this game is beautiful lol , in Ps2 ; xbox, yes , in xbox 360 no , not buy this game , there are more game cars and all are better than this garbage. 1.0
  4. Feb 13, 2013
    So I didn't even have an account on Metacritic before I played this game. I felt the urge to make one and express how utterly this game truly is. First off, I don't think there is one particular aspect of this game that impresses me. The graphics are weak, the voice acting is terrible and feels like some cheesy B-Movie, not to mention you can't skip it! Worst of all the physics and handling in this game are AWFUL. Jerky, unrealistic and just Atari didn't even try on this one. The previous "TDU1" was far better IMO. Please please please save yourself the money and frustration and buy something decent.. Forza Horizon maybe? I honestly think 0 is a fair rating for this trash game. Expand
  5. Mar 8, 2011
    This game had high ambitions and missed out hitting nearly each and every one of them. After several weeks the online problems and game save corruptions are still no nearer being fixed. The devs have gone quiet on the forums. I wouldn't be surprised if it was never fixed. A very disappointing sequel to a good original.
  6. Oct 25, 2012
    Barbie meets GTA, except remove 95% of what made GTA fun because in GTA, racing was just a side mission, here it is the main game. All the vehicles pretty much drive the same so there is no reason to worry about buying new cars. The actual driving itself is poorly done because your on a narrow eye level of the car's trunk that causes you to have a hard time seeing up a head of you, and you can't see more than an equivalent of fifteen feet from side to side., sort of like you have the peripheral vision of a ninety year old. Graphics are horrible, voice acting even worse. Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2011
    Pretty close to the cheesyest thing I've ever played, the cut scenes make you feel like your in a bad remake of Footloose or some other 80's movie. Painful and unavoidable. Driving around aim lessly trying to get other players to interact, stupid licences and the like a real pain to play. Stay away from this one.

1. May 24, 2011
    We were really looking foreward to TDU 2. The controls of the cars and the AI are really poor. Online multiplayer is more offline than online.
  2. Apr 29, 2011
    Ultimately, Test Drive Unlimited 2 is a fun game to play that will keep you entertained for hours upon hours. Despite a few annoyances and flaws, the game has so much to do and explore that you could spend hours playing in this part of the game without any actual online multiplay.
  3. Mar 27, 2011
    I am a bit torn when it comes to Test Drive Unlimited 2. It is definitely not the worst racing game I have played, but it is marred with technical problems that really do affect the gameplay. I would be willing to overlook these issues if the storyline was either better or nonexistent, but as it stands the story is not even enjoyable in an ironic sort of corny way – it is just frustrating to not give a damn about the characters, especially your own.