The Beatles: Rock Band Xbox 360

8.6

1. DevilDan
    Sep 11, 2009
    This game is getting praised as amazing all over the place and after playing it... it's good, but i felt a little, meh. at the end of the game. I am a HUUUGE Beatles fan and a HUUUUGE Rock Band fan so for me this was an easy purchase. I played it. It had a great visual and Rock Band experience. However, the tracklist seems minimal. I know it's not, but maybe since everything is This game is getting praised as amazing all over the place and after playing it... it's good, but i felt a little, meh. at the end of the game. I am a HUUUGE Beatles fan and a HUUUUGE Rock Band fan so for me this was an easy purchase. I played it. It had a great visual and Rock Band experience. However, the tracklist seems minimal. I know it's not, but maybe since everything is from one band it had an odd limited feel to me. The songs chosen also seemed odd. The actual songlist too had some great stuff but also a lot of, "Really?! That's what you went with here?" moments. No tieback to Rock Band 2 sealed it for me. I want to play these in a set with other stuff. Why can't I? Finally, game designers have to stop thinking that pictures and videos are really that much fun to unlock. "Wow! I unlocked a picture of John Lennon. He's only one of the most famous musicians of the modern era. I DO KNOW WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE!!!" I just feel like game designers think sometimes that the equivalent of prizes in cereal are enough to keep us amused nowadays. Don't get me wrong. If you like The Beatles and Rock Band this is a fun game. Vocal harmonies almost make the criticisms I have almost obsolete... almost. If you are looking for a fun, yet, short experience? This is good. I don't see it being something we pull out as much as RB2, It won't have the longevity. Especially since not everyone is a Beatles fan. It is not, however, the next great Rock Band. Expand

1. Harmonix has done a remarkable job of bringing the Beatles' music to life in an interactive setting, devoting enormous attention to the details of history and authenticity that Beatles fans demand. The developers also added their own flair to the game, making this the most aesthetically beautiful music game to yet release. [Sept 2009, p.80]
  2. I don't think I've ever seen a game do such a great job of catering to its target audience, and at every step Harmonix displays a deep understanding and appreciation for the Beatles license.
  3. The Beatles were fascinated by the number nine. 09/09/09 is no coincidence. So it's only fitting that the game gets...