8.6

1. Balthamos
    Apr 3, 2006
    Very fun game. If you liked Morrowind, then you will like this game; basically the same thing. The depth of this game is incredible; it will literally keep you occupied for months. I have played over 40 hours already and I still haven't even scratched the surface of this game. If your looking for a game that will keep you busy, then this game will definitely get the job done. A must Very fun game. If you liked Morrowind, then you will like this game; basically the same thing. The depth of this game is incredible; it will literally keep you occupied for months. I have played over 40 hours already and I still haven't even scratched the surface of this game. If your looking for a game that will keep you busy, then this game will definitely get the job done. A must for RPG fans. Only downfalls of this game are the glitches. Sometimes you will get stuck in a wall or something like that, or you can see through "cracks" where pieces of the world come together. Just little things that bring an awesome game down a little bit. Expand
  2. NickGordenstein
    Apr 6, 2006
    Best game ive ever played! you cant get bored of this, fun for kids and adults. this is a never ending adventure with so many ways to play. It really lets you customize the Eyebrow size, or chin length ect. I also like the fact you can lift items and just play around with them. So many possabilites.
  3. ErikN.
    May 25, 2006
    Excellent and expansive game. While the complaints about level scaling may be valid to an extent, it has the alternate effect of opening the entire world up to a player from the beignning to the end, creating a much greater feeling of discovery and exploration.
  4. AugustoE.
    May 26, 2006
    This is a great RPG, no doubt about it. A little bit more work in the radiant A.I., and a more compelling storyline whould have made it one of the greatest rpg of all time. p.s.: when are they gonna make a versiona of the arena online?
  5. Nahyo
    Jun 10, 2006
    A very high '8.' Amazing visuals. Engrossing and lenghty game. 1 of the few reasons to own the 360. Interesting plot with so-so ending. Lose a few weeks of your life. Play this game
  6. JackJ.
    Jun 17, 2006
    Entertained me hours after I competed the story.
  7. CamW.
    Jun 6, 2006
    it has great grapics and rollplaying.
  8. Alex
    Jul 31, 2006
    incredible game. there's just so much to do. from the main quest line to the arena to the dark brotherhood to the sub-quests, there's enough stuff here to keep you addicted for a LONG time. the voice acting is excellent, even if the Emporer sounds like Patrick Stewart. the graphics are clean and crisp, but suffer from severe pop-up. however, the pop-up is understandable, since incredible game. there's just so much to do. from the main quest line to the arena to the dark brotherhood to the sub-quests, there's enough stuff here to keep you addicted for a LONG time. the voice acting is excellent, even if the Emporer sounds like Patrick Stewart. the graphics are clean and crisp, but suffer from severe pop-up. however, the pop-up is understandable, since this game is HUGE. the world of Cyrodiil takes a long time to cross, even on a horse. the game isn't without flaws, however. the combat system takes a while to master, and the menu system takes some getting used to. but, if you want a game to take up your lonely hours locked in your parent's basement, then Oblivion should be your first choice. 9.5 out of 10. Expand
  9. RedXIII
    Sep 1, 2006
    This game is perfect, there is absolutely nothing to complain about, the graphics are amazing, game play is flawless, sound is excellent, so many quests to complete, you can choose good or evil path, in depth customization, probably one of the best games I have ever played, this and final fantasy VII, if you don't have it run and buy it. If you like RPGs that is.
  10. BrettS.
    Sep 17, 2006
    WOW! Best game put out for the 360 yet!
  11. MikeC.
    Sep 22, 2006
    Although I didn't get into the campaign as much as my buddys did, you still have to apreciate the sheer scale, you can wonder around the world for 3 hours and still have a blast doing it. An incredible game.
  12. AlanA.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Oblivion Honestly Ranks up there among the best games ever made. Literally 100's of hours of game play and a great Plus those 100's of hours are some of the best I've ever personally played. The world of Cyrodiil is truly amazing the graphics wont let you down There GREAT. From Quests to Guilds Cyrodill Offers a lot. Oblivian ROCKS.
  13. LarsB.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Wonderful. depp storyline with thousand of sidequests... non-linear but fair to going through the main storyline. unbelievable graphics and effects. a lot of loading times and most dungeons look same. but it is GREAT!!!
  14. CallumF.
    Jan 18, 2007
    A truly breath taking game, one of the best I have ever seen. Theres just so much to do if you want to kill people you can ( all though watch out for the guards ) if you want to do quests you can and its never ending depending on your character the storys up to you.
  15. RichardL.
    Jan 2, 2007
    when i played this games i was amazed buy the graphics. I love rpgs when I got the 360 I already had Elder Scrolls IV for my pc and I loved it so I decided to go out and buy it just like the pc it was amazing but srory line was a little out there but I'll say it is the best RPG I've evered played so those ppl how like rpg, magic, medevil, mystic creatures, and knights you better when i played this games i was amazed buy the graphics. I love rpgs when I got the 360 I already had Elder Scrolls IV for my pc and I loved it so I decided to go out and buy it just like the pc it was amazing but srory line was a little out there but I'll say it is the best RPG I've evered played so those ppl how like rpg, magic, medevil, mystic creatures, and knights you better by this game cause it is so fun! Expand
  16. EstebanF.
    Dec 29, 2007
    Please ignore the previous review by Abarm T. Don't get fooled by its lenght, it is just pointless game bashing from a linear-JRPG-fan. This game is probably one of the greatest gaming experiences you will find. First, you won't need POWERLEVELING. The game will adjust to your needs. If you don't want to level up, you don't need to (you still can reach the max. level Please ignore the previous review by Abarm T. Don't get fooled by its lenght, it is just pointless game bashing from a linear-JRPG-fan. This game is probably one of the greatest gaming experiences you will find. First, you won't need POWERLEVELING. The game will adjust to your needs. If you don't want to level up, you don't need to (you still can reach the max. level of all your skills without the need to raise your basic level if you don't sleep, but instead wait). Also, you can change difficulty at ANY time. If it is getting too though, you can just use the difficulty-changing tool and make it easier or harder. I could go on a long time talking about this game, but it isn't necessary. It has it flaws, but its great anyways, just read the 95% of the reviews and you'll see that. Expand
  17. JohnC.
    Oct 31, 2007
    This game is amazing, the graphics are sweet, fluid and responsive combat, good character creation, plenty of quests. Easily 150 hours of play to be had - then start again with another created character. If you like RPG and you own a X360 then this is a must have.
  18. ImasI.
    Feb 13, 2007
    This game is the best rpg so far that has been released the only down point is you don't have the option of 2 player.
  19. JamesA.
    Feb 19, 2007
    LONG, pack almost (I think) about 200-350 hours if all missions are beaten, every room is entered, etc. Endless things to do. Download missions is kewl. Expansion pack will come out adding another 200 hrs to game (written 2/19/07). This game is really the only game you would ever need.
  20. JosephK.
    Feb 21, 2007
    Everything present is perfect. The only downside would be the lack of multi-player (online or otherwise). Hopefully the next game will be closer the World of Tamriel rather than prettier same-ol' same-ol'.
  21. NateC.
    Feb 24, 2007
    Oh...my...God. Best game ever period. Period! Graphics, gameplay, design, and story perfect in every way. I have have spent at least 36 hours on this game. It is amazing! I own Morrowind on the original Xbox, but WOW. Props Bethesda, you have done it. The only problem I have is it is taking up all of my time. Thank you GOD!
  22. Pidgeman
    Mar 7, 2007
    Unbelievable. Everything about this game is so good it makes other games look half hearted. You can just tell this was a labor of love. The graphics are the best you will find on xbox 360, you will find yourself wandering around just taking in the scenery. Forget final fantasy this is the best RPG ever. There are one or two minor glitches but that is to be expected on a game of this epic Unbelievable. Everything about this game is so good it makes other games look half hearted. You can just tell this was a labor of love. The graphics are the best you will find on xbox 360, you will find yourself wandering around just taking in the scenery. Forget final fantasy this is the best RPG ever. There are one or two minor glitches but that is to be expected on a game of this epic scale and they do not detract from the gameplay. As close to perfect as you will find. Expand
  23. DE
    Apr 23, 2007
    A few very annoying glitches. Accidentally did something to make a key character refuse to tallk to me. And later in the story I needed to get something from this character for the main story to continue. I had to start a new file. Other than that it's a really great game for RPG fans and will keep you playing for 100+ hours.
  24. matthoward
    May 30, 2007
    givin a huge 10, because 1. thomas kosela is an idiot for giving it a 0 by trying to make himself feel better for spending so much money on a ps3. and 2) because it is a very large very rewarding game. do agree, it does feel in places empty, and therefore had idiot boy not made his stupid vote, i would of given it a solid 9. by the way its a review site, not a compare site.
  25. AlastairM.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Truly an amazing game. Great graphics. Well done high dynamic range lighting. Good leveling system. More of an adventure than RPG. Morrowind was fun but this blows that away. Fast travel is back from Daggerfall!! No Mages' Guilds portals though. And by the way Tuomas Koskela PS3 version sucks compared to Pc. Pc can have better graphics with right graphics card and processor and u can Truly an amazing game. Great graphics. Well done high dynamic range lighting. Good leveling system. More of an adventure than RPG. Morrowind was fun but this blows that away. Fast travel is back from Daggerfall!! No Mages' Guilds portals though. And by the way Tuomas Koskela PS3 version sucks compared to Pc. Pc can have better graphics with right graphics card and processor and u can download user-made mods from sites such as TESSource or Planet Elder Scrolls. Expand
  26. EthanS.
    Jun 8, 2007
    I would give it a 10 because it is addictive but once you get to playing it about 80 hours or so, thats all it is, addictive. But it is one of the greatest gaming experiences I've had.
  27. RobC.
    Aug 14, 2007
    Beautifully made game with a few minor annoyances. But the sheer quality of this game takes them away. It does complicate things a bit at times but also it is very enjoyable.
  28. Max
    Aug 3, 2007
    This is probably the most over-rated 360 games so far. It is fun at first but swinging a weapon around over and over again just gets annoying and out of the maximum 50 levels you can grow to, the enemies stop getting harder and the weapons stop getting stronger at around level 20. Most of the caves and dungeons you travel through look the same and I am suprised they didn't include a This is probably the most over-rated 360 games so far. It is fun at first but swinging a weapon around over and over again just gets annoying and out of the maximum 50 levels you can grow to, the enemies stop getting harder and the weapons stop getting stronger at around level 20. Most of the caves and dungeons you travel through look the same and I am suprised they didn't include a multiplayer arena mode or something like that. There are many good things about this game though. The spells are fun to use and customize and the downloaded content is cool. The graphics are good and the quests are fun. This game is worth a buy but it isn't the best game for the 360 like some people say. Expand
  29. killbuzz
    Sep 29, 2007
    The graphics are the sweetest ever maybe even better then halo 3.... 10/10
  30. DarrenD.
    Sep 30, 2007
    Still the biggest and best game on the 360 so far. The combat improves massivley on Morrowind and there's loads to do with easily over 100 hours of gameplay.
  31. loganw
    Nov 23, 2008
    ok..ok..ok i just got fable 2 like 4 days ago and already beat the main quest!!!the fighting isnt as "free" as oblivion.u lock on 2 the enemy if u aim...also thy have guns..and 1 bow in the whole game!and u have 2 do a bunch of crap 2 get it....it a great game but oblivion is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hoping TES 5:shadowrealm comes out soon and hasok..ok..ok i just got fable 2 like 4 days ago and already beat the main quest!!!the fighting isnt as "free" as oblivion.u lock on 2 the enemy if u aim...also thy have guns..and 1 bow in the whole game!and u have 2 do a bunch of crap 2 get it....it a great game but oblivion is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hoping TES 5:shadowrealm comes out soon and has multiplayer!!!!!but thts a rumor so far Expand
  32. MattN.
    Jan 19, 2008
    Superb game i spent a long time playing this. My favourite bit was the side missions especially the dark brotherhood. Buy this Game Now!
  33. ThomasS.
    Mar 27, 2008
    Although it is a superb game, it does has its flaws. However, any TRUE fan has to realize a game like this will have its flaws and if you remember this was one of the earlier games on the 360. I found a few flaws myself I couldn't get around but that didn't really make me hate the game. So, I say congrats, Bethesda, you made a winner
  34. MikeG
    Apr 4, 2008
    (4/5/08) Just bought the original version as a budget title a little over a week ago. I love this game. I've been playing for over 30 hours and I haven't started the main quests yet.
  35. NickC.
    May 3, 2008
    Oblivion is a breathtakingly epic game. Action packed and very well thought out, you can pretty much create a character and live another life in another world. It has quite a few according to the 120 hours I've been playing, but I would still recommend it to any RPG fan out there.
  36. CrimD
    Jul 2, 2008
    This game is incredible. The amounts of missions and side quests are simply overwhelming, meaning that this game will effectively last several months or yes even years, before it can be completed. The overal depth of the game in terms of gameplay is pretty special too. So many skills to train, items to mess around with, places to visit and enemies to kill. It really is the perfect game. This game is incredible. The amounts of missions and side quests are simply overwhelming, meaning that this game will effectively last several months or yes even years, before it can be completed. The overal depth of the game in terms of gameplay is pretty special too. So many skills to train, items to mess around with, places to visit and enemies to kill. It really is the perfect game. Regarding flaws which have been brought up by many reviewers, i have to agree with "Thomas S" because with a game like this it is understandable, the world is absolutely HUGE so it would be extremely difficult to pick them out and get the dev's to fix them. This is a true masterpiece that all RPG fans should embrace. Fantastic achievement by Bethesda! Expand
  37. LoganW.
    Jul 8, 2008
    this game would be a 10.dont get me wrong i love it and play it non-stop.but ive beat just about every quest on the game and also on shivering isles and the 9.so now there is nothing for me 2 do.this game would be amazingly amazing if it were multiplayer.they should make the next game elder scrolls 5:shadow realm online!
  38. JF.
    Sep 21, 2008
    Oblivion is a game that should be experienced by every 360 owner, period. The story, soundtrack, and superb attention to detail makes this game stand out from the rest. Although the game's main storyline is brilliant and captivating on its on, you are unrestrictedly free to roam about the world to do anything you want. With an abundance of side quests, factions, and things that make Oblivion is a game that should be experienced by every 360 owner, period. The story, soundtrack, and superb attention to detail makes this game stand out from the rest. Although the game's main storyline is brilliant and captivating on its on, you are unrestrictedly free to roam about the world to do anything you want. With an abundance of side quests, factions, and things that make you stop and say "Wow!", this game will keep you thoroughly entertained and satisfied for months to come. Expand
  39. KhristianR.
    Sep 29, 2008
    The only down point I have is that, in all of the locations, 99% of the Tombs, Churches, Caves, Ayleid Ruins look very similar to each other. They look great but sometimes you can get easily lost or confused. There are so many positives, the depth, the graphics, the sheer size of Oblivion is enough to stop you from going out and having a social life for a while. Oblivion is a brilliant The only down point I have is that, in all of the locations, 99% of the Tombs, Churches, Caves, Ayleid Ruins look very similar to each other. They look great but sometimes you can get easily lost or confused. There are so many positives, the depth, the graphics, the sheer size of Oblivion is enough to stop you from going out and having a social life for a while. Oblivion is a brilliant game. All the various aspects from magicka, to making your own spells and potions. Becoming a master of particular fighting styles, welding your own weapons. This game has a hell of a lot to do on it. The great music by Jeremy Soule. This is a true RPG experience. SCORE : 93%. Expand
  40. TimothyD
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elder Scrolls... Elder Scrolls... You never fail to dissapoint. From flying 500 feet into the air with a scroll in Morrowind to Waiting 15 hours straight to activate a quest that only starts when you're there are a certain time in Oblivion. The game is no longer tedious. The new teleport function (thats been here for years!) and wait system saves me a lot of time. The fixed combat Elder Scrolls... Elder Scrolls... You never fail to dissapoint. From flying 500 feet into the air with a scroll in Morrowind to Waiting 15 hours straight to activate a quest that only starts when you're there are a certain time in Oblivion. The game is no longer tedious. The new teleport function (thats been here for years!) and wait system saves me a lot of time. The fixed combat from Morrowind feels much more fun to backslash an oblivious Imperial Guard. No pun intended. Great character growth and customization. The game never seems to end, I gurantee you won't finish this game 100% in 24 hours. Well, unless your diet consists of hot pockets and mountain dew, then you might, and if you do, Why are you reading this?! Go play the game silly! Expand
  41. DannyY
    Apr 14, 2009
    One word...Mods. When I first played oblivion I didn't think it was that great. The level scaling, the pathetic magic system, and the crappy UI were all turn offs for me. I threw it on the side and didn't take another glance. Then the wonderful Mod community started churning out mods from the woodworks. These Mods fixed thousands of problems in the Vanilla Game. It added many One word...Mods. When I first played oblivion I didn't think it was that great. The level scaling, the pathetic magic system, and the crappy UI were all turn offs for me. I threw it on the side and didn't take another glance. Then the wonderful Mod community started churning out mods from the woodworks. These Mods fixed thousands of problems in the Vanilla Game. It added many fixes like the UI problem, and added much more content to the game. If you are buying this game BUY IT FOR THE PC! The X-box and PS3 versions pale into comparison to the modded version of the game. Unless you want to be infuriated by level scaling and the horrible UI. Expand
  42. mitchh
    Apr 5, 2009
    I am a frequent rpg'er and i feel like this is one of the best i have ever played. The world is amazing graphics-wise and i was surprised to read that some didnt feel the same. The main story is excellent, but i actually had more fun working for different guilds.
  43. Christopherf
    Sep 23, 2009
    I debated on whether or not to rate this game an 8 or a 7, frankly because with as many bugs as this game has, it deserves a 7. But, inspite of them all I cant stop playing the game!! The major problems with ESO to name a few are the butt ugly characters; the complete lack of fluidity in the combat system; the fact that every ayleid ruin and cave looks exactly the same leading to a I debated on whether or not to rate this game an 8 or a 7, frankly because with as many bugs as this game has, it deserves a 7. But, inspite of them all I cant stop playing the game!! The major problems with ESO to name a few are the butt ugly characters; the complete lack of fluidity in the combat system; the fact that every ayleid ruin and cave looks exactly the same leading to a nauseating feeling of dejavu on every mission; and the fact that I wholly expected my first fireball at level 2 to turn into a dazzling pyrotechnics display at level 25 (but sadly its still a whimpy, lackluster little fireball). However the sheer scope of this game, the authentic AI, Beautiful beautiful scenic views, engaging main story line and sidequests, beautiful cities (and ugly ones) and the ability to truly become the character I created is a wonderful refreshing exercise in freedom that keeps me coming back again and again! A must play, for anyone who has ever wanted to be part of a Lord of the Ring sized epic fantasy! Expand
  44. DerekM.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Now, I've seen some pretty harsh reviews. Not to criticize anyone in particular, but some people weren't skilled enough to look at their chart to see that they had vampirism so they gave it a zero. grow up. the graphics were beautiful for the time of release. the compelling story pushes the player to do every quest and collect all the deadric items. I love the game mechanics Now, I've seen some pretty harsh reviews. Not to criticize anyone in particular, but some people weren't skilled enough to look at their chart to see that they had vampirism so they gave it a zero. grow up. the graphics were beautiful for the time of release. the compelling story pushes the player to do every quest and collect all the deadric items. I love the game mechanics more than morrowind, as the combat system doesnt make your sword slash pass through an enemy as if you weren't holding anything at all, but morrowind had an overall better main quest. The contrast from the beautiful rolling hills and meadows to the bleak, fiery hell of oblivion keeps the player from getting too tired of the scenery. all in all, this is just one of the better games to come out. Now quit whining and get into the game before you give it a 0. Expand
  45. MikeR.
    Mar 19, 2006
    The first greatest RPG XBOX 360 game ever! Been waiting for a long time! Great sword fight and nice original magic spells!
  46. GregM.
    Mar 22, 2006
    To give this game anything less than a 10 would be ridiculous. I've been waiting two years for this game and I bought it last night and played it for four hours without breathing. It's as good as the hype, and I'm generally overly critical. It's breathtaking and amazing and I can't wait to get the hell out of work to play it all night again tonight. I'm sick. To give this game anything less than a 10 would be ridiculous. I've been waiting two years for this game and I bought it last night and played it for four hours without breathing. It's as good as the hype, and I'm generally overly critical. It's breathtaking and amazing and I can't wait to get the hell out of work to play it all night again tonight. I'm sick. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay magnificent. If you own an Xbox but not this game, return your Xbox because you don't deserve to have it. If you haven't got an Xbox, you should buy one immediately or cry yourself to sleep at night. Expand
  47. ScottV.
    Mar 23, 2006
    This game is huge and the graphics are beautiful. Load times between buildings are occasionally annoying but the whole load time and frame rate issue has been way overstated, at least on the 360 version. I haven't seen it stutter or slow to unplayable levels once. And blurred textures in the distance, maybe--but compared to what? I've never seen any other game that shows wide This game is huge and the graphics are beautiful. Load times between buildings are occasionally annoying but the whole load time and frame rate issue has been way overstated, at least on the 360 version. I haven't seen it stutter or slow to unplayable levels once. And blurred textures in the distance, maybe--but compared to what? I've never seen any other game that shows wide open 3D wilderness in this kind of detail. Anyway, it's tempting, as in most Elder Scrolls games, to stray off the plot but unlike most of them the plot is actually very engaging. That's a real first--it's not just good for an Elder Scrolls game, it's good for an RPG in general. Someone stated the first two hours were boring which is true--but stick with it, it really starts to pick up steam from there. Expand
  48. JustinD.
    Mar 24, 2006
    I can't leave my controller, I'm so addicted to this game.
  49. RobertP.
    Mar 24, 2006
    As someone that never played the previous Elder Scrolls games i've gotta say im blown away not just visually & sonically but also at the overall user friendliness of the game in general. i've currently racked up around 12 hours of playtime, in which i really have barely scratched the surface. if your budgets tight and you want one great game to last you a good few months this is it.
  50. SeanT.
    This game rocks.
  51. Megatron
    Mar 25, 2006
    I won't try repeating what everybody else says that the this game is far above anythng we've seen and olayed in years...only that its impossible for bethesda or anyone else to make a virtually better place....just buy it,and forget reality and all its problems,cause reality sucks,compared to this artwork..every one should at least give it a try,but be prepared to neglect personalI won't try repeating what everybody else says that the this game is far above anythng we've seen and olayed in years...only that its impossible for bethesda or anyone else to make a virtually better place....just buy it,and forget reality and all its problems,cause reality sucks,compared to this artwork..every one should at least give it a try,but be prepared to neglect personal real life needs...enough said ...just buy the damn thing!! Expand
  52. Sn1ck3rz
    Mar 25, 2006
    Take the Oblivion compatability survey: 1) Do you have an Xbox 360? 2) Do you have $60? 3) Do you have enough discipline to maintain a personal hygiene, social and work schedule in the face of overwhelming forces of graphical goodness and soul-possessing gameplay? If you answered yes to the above questions you have already wasted a minute of time that could have been spent playing the Take the Oblivion compatability survey: 1) Do you have an Xbox 360? 2) Do you have $60? 3) Do you have enough discipline to maintain a personal hygiene, social and work schedule in the face of overwhelming forces of graphical goodness and soul-possessing gameplay? If you answered yes to the above questions you have already wasted a minute of time that could have been spent playing the game. GET IT NOW! Expand
  53. Andyman
    Mar 26, 2006
    Heh, if I was so inept as to be stuck at level 1, I'd probably give this game a 3 too... and then I would quit playing games, because I suck at life. Simply put, this is the best game I've played, on any system, ever, period. You don't PLAY the game so much as you LIVE it. So much to do, so much to see, and it all looks and sounds incredible. Even if you didn't like Heh, if I was so inept as to be stuck at level 1, I'd probably give this game a 3 too... and then I would quit playing games, because I suck at life. Simply put, this is the best game I've played, on any system, ever, period. You don't PLAY the game so much as you LIVE it. So much to do, so much to see, and it all looks and sounds incredible. Even if you didn't like Morrowind (I didn't), you'll love Oblivion. It is next-gen gaming at its absolute finest. OK, enough time spent on this review... back to the game! Expand
  54. Mike
    Mar 26, 2006
    Incredible. Can't stop playing it. To Alex L below who rated it a 3 because he can't figure out that in order to level up you need to SLEEP in a BED, I think you should stop playing the game because it is apparently too dificult for you. (When the game says "You've learned new skills in Blade work. Meditate upon what you have learned by sleeping" it means take a friggin nap)
  55. FakeyM.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Wow! What more can I say? Spectacular must-have RPG.
  56. AaronS.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Great game, few flaws. Graphics are amazing, pop-ins not a bother but are there. Combat is very pleasureable. Leveling up leaves no sense of accomplishment as the game gets harder every level, but also adds to enjoyment in my opinion. All around a great buy for anyone 12 and up.
  57. NeilV.
    Apr 15, 2006
    This is an incredible game. I loved Fable and Jade Empire a great deal as well and this has the potential to be the best of the bunch. I'm just shy of 20 hours into the game (and RPGs are NOT my primary/fave genre as a sidenote), and I've just scratched the surface. Another sidenote, I could not get into Morrowwind at all (played it for maybe 4 hours, never touched it again). This is an incredible game. I loved Fable and Jade Empire a great deal as well and this has the potential to be the best of the bunch. I'm just shy of 20 hours into the game (and RPGs are NOT my primary/fave genre as a sidenote), and I've just scratched the surface. Another sidenote, I could not get into Morrowwind at all (played it for maybe 4 hours, never touched it again). This is superior in all ways and so far, I have yet to run into any glitches (fingers crossed) Expand
  58. NovaShade
    Apr 16, 2006
    I never thought I would say this again.....This IS the greatest game made bar none...Well....to me it is.......Before this game came along there was no other game to match my love for Baldur's Gate 2. I have played almost every game avabile...yes i said EVERY......I have owed every Xbox game (worth buying that is...) and playstation 2, and Gamecube game....Yes i am a game I never thought I would say this again.....This IS the greatest game made bar none...Well....to me it is.......Before this game came along there was no other game to match my love for Baldur's Gate 2. I have played almost every game avabile...yes i said EVERY......I have owed every Xbox game (worth buying that is...) and playstation 2, and Gamecube game....Yes i am a game addict.....(mainly buying meanign at deals and trading them when i was done.) I have also owned every RPG I could get my hands on for the computer, also FPS's. This game beats every game i have ever played. However, I am not so proud of playing almost every game in the North Amercia market before finally finding a game worth more than i payed for it. Like i said only Bulders Gate 2 was worth more before this one. This game does not replace that game but I cant denie that it is unbeileveable. Morrowind I brought about 4 times (once for the computer, couldnt run it, then for the Xbox, then the GOTY came out and i got that, Then i traded that in and bouaght it again a couple years later.) I did love that game but every time I polayed it i felt alittle underwhelemd. not that is wasnt great but the werid combat really ruin it for me. it just took some fun out of it. I thought FABLE was suppose to be what this game is but Fable just turned into a cute adventure game (with its own little touchs of a colourful world) But it just got boring. The towns had nothing to do in them. You could buy a house (which to me a so cool) but like GTA theyt were useless. (not that you can use houses that much but...) Also there are Horses in this game, and nothing is cooler than becoming artifical bond to your loyal house. Not everyone well find it that way but i did. And you can.....what?....sit down? Thats odd....You can REALLY sit down. Not a highlight but i have to admit that i always wanted to do something to simple like sit in a chair in a game. it just adds that wierd believeable-ness to the game. Things like that mean alot to me. all those tiny things that dont really make it worth buying but in the whole makes the real experience more real. I agree with RavenX301, you have to be a totally fool not to give this atleast a nine. Expand
  59. BobbyP.
    Apr 23, 2006
    The game is massive but boring. Spend hours looking at nventory screens and watching the loading message. Not as great as I thought it would be.
  60. ShaneS.
    May 12, 2006
    (I give it 9.4) This is a really nice RPG. There are five major questlines in this game, and each one is about as long as an entire game. Then on top of that there's 80 hours of sidequests, and hundreds of hours of random dungeon delving. The combat system isn't spectacular, but it tops Jade Empire, Fable, and KoTor. The combat isn't superb but it's better than most (I give it 9.4) This is a really nice RPG. There are five major questlines in this game, and each one is about as long as an entire game. Then on top of that there's 80 hours of sidequests, and hundreds of hours of random dungeon delving. The combat system isn't spectacular, but it tops Jade Empire, Fable, and KoTor. The combat isn't superb but it's better than most RPGs which is nothing to sneeze at. The leveling system is unique, and well balanced. Your character is assigned seven different skills. in order to progress in a skill you practice it. There are no level points in this game. To level up you simply gain progress ten times in any number of your seven skills in any order. The funny thing is your character ultimatly reflects how you play it. You can make a combat character, but if you play him as a mage or a stealth character then that's what he'll wind up being by the end of the game. The game is lengthy, fun, and a graphical wonder, but it does have it's flaws. The biggest flaw in this game is that everything in the game is scaled to your level. So you cannot walk into a high level area only to get massacred, and you cannot walk into a low level area as a high level and pwn your enemies. This takes a lot of the fun out of the game because every dungeon has the same amount of loot, and the same difficulty of opponents. I remember in Morrowwind I discovered a Vampire Lair. All the vampires were 25 levels ahead of my character. For twelve long hours I struggled to make it through that dungeon. But when I finally came out alive I had looted high level armor, and high level alchemy equipment. This in turn allowed me to face opponents above my level and level up faster. I took a risk and I was rewarded for it. Sadly in oblivion this is not the case. Every dungeon is the same, so there are no risks, and there is no pwning of low level characters. Expand
  61. AZA
    May 25, 2006
    Absolute perfection, the longest most involving game in ages and extremely close to being the 360s first KILLER APP. even if you do not like rpg's it should be illegal not to give oblivion a chance.
  62. DaveK.
    Sep 25, 2006
    One of the best FPS RPG's ever made. This game has been entertaining me for over 120 hours now and still fresh and exciting. A must play for any fan of RPGs.
  63. RobN
    Jan 17, 2007
    This game is one of the best games I've EVER played. The gameplay is great, the graphics are stunning, the audio is fantastic, and the best part is that you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. You can start a new mission whenever you want, just by talking to someone who has something for you to do, you can do the main missions (quests), or, if you really want to, you can go This game is one of the best games I've EVER played. The gameplay is great, the graphics are stunning, the audio is fantastic, and the best part is that you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. You can start a new mission whenever you want, just by talking to someone who has something for you to do, you can do the main missions (quests), or, if you really want to, you can go on a rampage and become a bloodthirsty thief. This game offers 200+ hours of gameplay. The expansion, Nights of the Nine adds even more gameplay, and the upcoming expansion, shivering isles, will also add 40+ hours. You can also download extra missions from Xbox Live, which are well worth the small amount of money they charge for them. I highly suggest this game to anyone who owns a 360! Expand
  64. DustinA.
    Sep 28, 2007
    Provides hours upon hours of non-stop action, a brilliant RPG, if you like the Diablo series you will absolutely love Oblivion!
  65. RyanM.
    Dec 22, 2008
    This is one of the best games ever made. Anyone who gave this game a zero is either 4 years old or needs to open their eyes while they are playing it. There are glitches in the game but it is expected with a game of this size, and many glitches can be fixed with downloadable patches. Some reviews here talked about how bad the leveling system was, but the point was so a person This is one of the best games ever made. Anyone who gave this game a zero is either 4 years old or needs to open their eyes while they are playing it. There are glitches in the game but it is expected with a game of this size, and many glitches can be fixed with downloadable patches. Some reviews here talked about how bad the leveling system was, but the point was so a person couldn't make a perfect character with level 100 in every skill and attribute. This RPG is much better than the other turn-based RPG's and can be played for many hours, with many different things to experience. Expand
  66. AndyM.
    Feb 25, 2008
    If there's something wrong with this game, there's something wrong with you.
  67. AnthonyH.
    Apr 22, 2008
    DO NOT listen to Abram T. and Christopher P. This game is brilliant, full stop. I didn't like RPG's until I played this game. BUY THIS GAME!!!
  68. DavidM.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Minor flaws aside, Oblivion is one of the best, if not the best American RPG I've ever played. The scope of the game is breathtaking and it takes you literally hundreds of hours to see and do everything. If you're looking for a game you can really get into then this is your title.
  69. JohnP
    Feb 21, 2009
    This game is just another example of how great Bethesda is. Although, it isn't as great as its predecessor, Oblivion brings a bigger world with all of the original fun and challenges, along with the sandbox atmosphere to your console. Graphically, this game is beautiful, top notch rendering. Great work with blooming caps and the Havok engine.
  70. Sasha
    Jun 23, 2009
    first, AMAZING! must buy game for all hardcore gamers. second, any one who is bashing the level up system, please realize the idea is you level up from doing the skills that u picked and as u use those skills more often, the better u become at those skills. this game is great(but not without minor bugs). the people's faces do look kinda bad and there's only about 10 voices used, first, AMAZING! must buy game for all hardcore gamers. second, any one who is bashing the level up system, please realize the idea is you level up from doing the skills that u picked and as u use those skills more often, the better u become at those skills. this game is great(but not without minor bugs). the people's faces do look kinda bad and there's only about 10 voices used, not including Sheogorath in the shivering isles, who is probably the only character who has his own, unique and different voice from the rest of the people in the huge-gantic country! the dungeons and and caves do look similar but so are Fallout 3s'. also, ur skill choices in the beginning are important, so chose wisely. i ended up with about a dozen different characters until i found the perfect skills to use. if u don't want to level scale and want to level up fast, create a custom class and make one of ur skills Restoration or illusion(u don't need both) and just use a spell on ur self constantly and ull level up quick all in all one of the best games ever made!!! Expand
  71. ChrisR
    Jul 12, 2009
    I've always been a big ES Fan. Ever since Morrowind that is. But this game brings a whole new perspective to the title. Once you start playing the storyline, and all the other sub-quest lines the game has to offer. You won't want to stop until you've completed every aspect the game has to offer. However I found that It's far more worth your money if you invest the PC I've always been a big ES Fan. Ever since Morrowind that is. But this game brings a whole new perspective to the title. Once you start playing the storyline, and all the other sub-quest lines the game has to offer. You won't want to stop until you've completed every aspect the game has to offer. However I found that It's far more worth your money if you invest the PC version. They're are many great and intriguing mods that enhance gameplay from start to finish. But on the xbox I found that It has no replay value what so ever. After creating one character and playing through every possible quest-line. I found it hard to believe that my adventure was finally over. 8/10. In the future I would recommend that they give more replay ability to the next ES title. At least for Xbox 360 owners that is. Expand
  72. MikkoP.
    Nov 21, 2006
    Great. Simply great. With a but. Problem: It tries to be 3 games in 1 package. Do you choose to be a fighter, mage or stealth? No matter what you choose, 2/3 of the content is irrelevant to your character. So if you want to experience everything, you have to play it 3 times, at least. And as, for example, a stealth based game, it´s good but not great. So, if you want stealth, play Great. Simply great. With a but. Problem: It tries to be 3 games in 1 package. Do you choose to be a fighter, mage or stealth? No matter what you choose, 2/3 of the content is irrelevant to your character. So if you want to experience everything, you have to play it 3 times, at least. And as, for example, a stealth based game, it´s good but not great. So, if you want stealth, play Splinter Cell. Oblivion is a masterpiece but it tries to be a little too much, and everything suffers from it. Its cool to play as mage, warrior or thief, but you cannot be all in the same time, and they are not that spectacular on their own. Also, the game has severe framerate issues on bigger battles. It really eats out the otherwisely great immersion. Looks nice when there´s no action, but action is what games are about. Expand
  73. ScottA.
    Nov 29, 2006
    This is an excellent game and with so many inexpensive addons available over xbox live market place the fun just doesn't end!
  74. JohnC
    Dec 26, 2007
    This is easily the best RPG ever!!!!! This game has amazing graphics and a great variety of spells, weapons + apparel. Hundreds of hours of gameplay. Many different characters and classes to choose from. I found that just exploring the land provided me with great fun for long periods of time. This game will go down in history forever. Definetly a must have for all xbox 360 owners.
  75. OrcF.
    Dec 28, 2007
    Nice review, Abram. I'll dispense with the number of errors and misconceptions in your review, to avoid it being as long and pretentious as yours (and a clear cry for attention to boot) and just say this: it's not fault of this incredible game that you don't like it, and that you suck at it. Come back when you get some hair on your sac and kiss a girl and give it another Nice review, Abram. I'll dispense with the number of errors and misconceptions in your review, to avoid it being as long and pretentious as yours (and a clear cry for attention to boot) and just say this: it's not fault of this incredible game that you don't like it, and that you suck at it. Come back when you get some hair on your sac and kiss a girl and give it another go. You may not learn to love it, but maybe you'll spare us another review as useless as the Cleveland steamer you just dropped on this site. Expand
  76. TaylorL
    Dec 22, 2009
    Elder Scrolls Oblivion is nothing short of pixilated perfection, seamlessly blending a phenomal story arc with intuitive controls and infinite hours of gameplay. The world of Cyrodiil comes alive before our very eyes, utterly enveloping the player, as its denizens prepare for a final apocalyptic showdown. It is not often that a game transcends genre and changes the way we play our Elder Scrolls Oblivion is nothing short of pixilated perfection, seamlessly blending a phenomal story arc with intuitive controls and infinite hours of gameplay. The world of Cyrodiil comes alive before our very eyes, utterly enveloping the player, as its denizens prepare for a final apocalyptic showdown. It is not often that a game transcends genre and changes the way we play our consoles. Oblivion is certainly an exception to this rule. Whether you prefer turn based or live action RPGs, hack-and-slash or FPS, Oblivion has something for everyone. Do not deny yourself one of the most impressive, ambitious games of all time. Expand
  77. Dec 15, 2010
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a piece of art; it captures the very essence of fantasy and burns it in your brain. "Oblivion is freedom", Oblivion has over 300 hours of game play to an average Joe.
    Oblivion offers more than 5 hours of game play to each of the following guilds... The Dark Brotherhood, The Thieves Guild, The Mages Guild or The Fighters Guild and addition to the main quest which can offer up to 15+ hours, now thatâ
  78. Jan 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Many games now a days are shooters so not many people consider an RPG to reach out to people as much as a shooter would but Oblivion does. Oblivion is one of the best games I have ever played it combines great graphics with amazing story telling and long lasting appeal I have been playing for almost a month now and I haven't even come close to being done with the first disc this game is HUGE. The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion takes place in the imaginary province of Cyrodiil where you are a prisoner who has an extraordinary destiny and that is all I am gonna tell you. If you want to learn more about the story then go and play this game it will not waste your time I promise you What are you still doing here reading this go on GO play the game already!!!!! Expand
  79. Nov 15, 2011
    I got Oblivion for Christmas and until then, I never heard of Oblivion or the Elder Scrolls but after a few hours playing, I knew about Bethesda and The Elder Scrolls. And my god, I'm glad I did! The story is absolutely amazing, the world is incredible, the speech could be better but in all it's a FANTASTIC game! There are a few glitches but they don't bother me much. Well Done Bethesda,I got Oblivion for Christmas and until then, I never heard of Oblivion or the Elder Scrolls but after a few hours playing, I knew about Bethesda and The Elder Scrolls. And my god, I'm glad I did! The story is absolutely amazing, the world is incredible, the speech could be better but in all it's a FANTASTIC game! There are a few glitches but they don't bother me much. Well Done Bethesda, Skyrim for Christmas. Excited! Expand
  80. Jul 5, 2012
    After spending 50h+ into this game im more than delighted by the quality of today's so often almost mindless games. Yes i am playing Bf3 and CoD and enjoying them too but neither of those titles can give me the feel as when you fight your way through the dark plains of the Oblivion realm, finding that new great enchanted glass-sword or just simply exploring the beautiful world for newAfter spending 50h+ into this game im more than delighted by the quality of today's so often almost mindless games. Yes i am playing Bf3 and CoD and enjoying them too but neither of those titles can give me the feel as when you fight your way through the dark plains of the Oblivion realm, finding that new great enchanted glass-sword or just simply exploring the beautiful world for new dungeons or even ingredients. It was released in 2006 and i would say that it looks better than the most games released just one or two years ago, and not because of the details in the textures but by the design of everything in the game. From the wooden houses of Bruma to the dark and red of towers in the Oblivion dimension. It looks great, its all created with such creative joy which is easily noticed throughout the whole game. The story is intriguing if you just put some time into actually listening to what the people have to say, and with all the side-quests it's a game that would last for days after days. Everything about this game makes you want to play it for hours upon hours. It does contain its flaws though. The Ai might be a bit jerky sometimes and the faces might look goofy but that isn't but that is never something that ruins the overall experience of the game. Oblivion offers a lot of variety, and often a lot of twists to the regular gameplay. I would recommend this game to anyone who wants a great immersive singleplayer-game that will only leave you with the urge to find that last gem for your jewellery-collection or that one missing piece of armor. I cant promise that everyone would appreciate the qualities of this game though, but give it a try even though your not a huge rpg player it still delivers a great experience. Expand
  81. Jul 26, 2013
    My favorite game of all time. The amount of options and possibilities in this game makes it so unique, apart from other RPG's. Skyrim is a very good game, but I have never enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Oblivion. Just running around in the beautiful cities and landscapes, to explore all the amazing things in this game (while gaining levels, yeah). You never have a dull moment, at least IMy favorite game of all time. The amount of options and possibilities in this game makes it so unique, apart from other RPG's. Skyrim is a very good game, but I have never enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Oblivion. Just running around in the beautiful cities and landscapes, to explore all the amazing things in this game (while gaining levels, yeah). You never have a dull moment, at least I didn't, in Oblivion! PERIOD! Expand
  82. Aug 22, 2014
    Best game ever if i wanted more adventure id have to be friends with peter pan and that's not possible one things is possible playing this game and its the one thing i wanna do for the rest of my life

1. A refreshing, immersive, massive, satisfying and hugely impressive game.
  2. Oblivion not only raises the bar in the visual and audio modules but also in the gameplay and presentation department, making it easily one of the most recommendable titles to anyone who has ever enjoyed the thought of truly doing whatever they want in a video game, in a world where actions actually mean something.
  3. Oblivion is so deep it is hard to escape its grasp. Few things keep it down, such as loading times, and a few problems with visuals and sound, but the gameplay, the most important piece is dead-on.