8.4

1. Nov 11, 2011
    It's rare that a game comes along to not only improve on previous games of its kind but exceeds them. Skyrim improves in nearly all areas from oblivion from graphics to Talking to the characters and their interaction. The menu system and the leveling up system is also improved. But the most amazing thing IMO is EVERY object you collect from food to weapons can be looked at in high detailIt's rare that a game comes along to not only improve on previous games of its kind but exceeds them. Skyrim improves in nearly all areas from oblivion from graphics to Talking to the characters and their interaction. The menu system and the leveling up system is also improved. But the most amazing thing IMO is EVERY object you collect from food to weapons can be looked at in high detail in a 3d area. People giving this game a 0 are either brain dead or work for competing game companies Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    I am 43 years old and have been playing games since Pong. The first RPG I ever played was The Bard's Tale for the Commodore 64. This game had me playing for hours on end, and at times realizing that the sun was coming up since I played all night. This game was a joy to play, and I have been looking for that same feeling in a game ever since.
    Skyrim has fulfilled that feeling.
    I get
    Skyrim has fulfilled that feeling.
    I get chills when I am trying to sneak past a ghosts in a dungeon. Discovering a new area feels exciting. Opening a chest usually yields something useful or valuable.
    I feel like I am working toward making Skyrim a better place, even when I am not on the main storyline. Anything can happen at any time and usually does.
    I have heard that there are some glitches, and I have had some short pauses from time to time, but this is due to my equipment, not the game.
    Don't tell Bethesda, but they could make more by making half of this game DLC and they could still get 60 bucks for this game. Luckily RPG fans demand more that the average 12yr old playing MW3 where they can get away with cloning a previous release.
    Keep it up Bethesda! Great job.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    I was surprised at the swaying trees and shadows in Skyrim, with a game world this big I completely understood if it wasn't in but well done Bethesda. For someone to mark this game low because of a lack of multiplayer is absurd, and shows a complete lack of comprehension. You can feel the effort in this game, absolutely briilant. Yes there are some lower res textures about but this game isI was surprised at the swaying trees and shadows in Skyrim, with a game world this big I completely understood if it wasn't in but well done Bethesda. For someone to mark this game low because of a lack of multiplayer is absurd, and shows a complete lack of comprehension. You can feel the effort in this game, absolutely briilant. Yes there are some lower res textures about but this game is huge, a game like mw3 is tiny and can't even manage to get to 720p. Todd Howard you and your team deserve the accolades, thats what happens when you put in the work. Fantastic stuff. One again the rpg stands tall atop the mountain. DOVAHKIN, DRAGONBORN!!!!!!! Thank you for my ''perfect'' game, and Jeremy S that music is just insane, all of it!!! Expand
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    First of all
    I'm not a RPG lover, but I still find big joy in this game
    I just start and have been playing it non-stop for 6 hours!
    My record was 1 hours for Fallout NV!
    Masterpiece? YES
    GOTY? YES
    Here am I, sitting and waiting for another masterpiece called Fallout 4
  5. Nov 13, 2011
    100 % pure gaming enjoyment :) Skyrim soars high visually, architecturally, interactively and especially musically; a soundtrack only rivaled by that of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Glitches exist yes, but are oh so far from game breaking. Given Skyrim's competition it will without a doubt make it to the top of GOTY-considerations.
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    I wondered how this would compare with Dark Souls but needn't have worried. Skyrim is excellent. It really is everything Elder Scrolls fans could want. Bethesda have done a great job. The graphics are amazing and so is the story. Do yourself a favour, buy this and Dark Souls today.
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    By force of habit, when a new game comes along the first thing I judge it on isn't by the graphics or the gameplay, but how much improvement is shown from teh last installment which of course meant Skyrim got an A+ in my book right off the bat. After 2 hours of gameplay I can say that it kept up with my first impression and continued to impress me though and through. Though the fightingBy force of habit, when a new game comes along the first thing I judge it on isn't by the graphics or the gameplay, but how much improvement is shown from teh last installment which of course meant Skyrim got an A+ in my book right off the bat. After 2 hours of gameplay I can say that it kept up with my first impression and continued to impress me though and through. Though the fighting system still feels rather uneven and their are a few bugs, though no game breaking ones, Skryim still mixes up the pot and throws in some new twists that I'm sure any fans of the series will enjoy. The odds of Skyrim winning GOTY this year is quite high as from what I've seen in the past few months is that it's only true competitor for the title is Batman: Arkham City. Expand
  8. Nov 16, 2011
    This is it. This game has it all, its the alpha and omega of RPG'S,and in my book deserves all the praise it can get... Nuff said,i'm of to Skyrim PS : The only thing that seemed to strike me as unusual (at least untill i got very much used to it and delighted later as i got deeper in the world) was the mixed OST from Morrowind and Oblivion,not that there's anything wrong with that :D
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    The Game Is Amazing! Definately what I expected from Bethesda! It's Like Oblivion, Fallout, Fable and Dragon Age Combind! Except with more dragons of course! Definately Worth The Money. Epic both graphically and gameplay, so glad that its finaly here! Awesome!! 10/10
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    Spectacular game. Everyhting about it is awesome, after getting my third dragon shout the game got even better. Good job bethesda, keep up the good work and hopefully make a really good DLC for this game because im definitely getting it :)
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    Soundtrack is brilliant. Visuals are outstanding. Engine Performance is beastly. Gameplay is quite fun. This is pretty much the best of the best of the entire Elder Scrolls series. Bethesda and their developers have learned so much from their previous BRILLIANT games. Unlike Battlefield 3's direction, it keeps the AMAZINGLY LARGE COMPLETELY OPEN terrain and an entire world to explore. It'sSoundtrack is brilliant. Visuals are outstanding. Engine Performance is beastly. Gameplay is quite fun. This is pretty much the best of the best of the entire Elder Scrolls series. Bethesda and their developers have learned so much from their previous BRILLIANT games. Unlike Battlefield 3's direction, it keeps the AMAZINGLY LARGE COMPLETELY OPEN terrain and an entire world to explore. It's land is like World of Warcraft with less world loading. It. Is. Amazing. Again, it keeps with the gameplay elements of previous games, HUNDREDS of quests, and how you can choose to do almost whatever you want. Want to kill everyone in the town you live in? Check. Buy a house and live in it? Check. Go and loot every dungeon in the game? Check. Amazing. Go get it. Expand
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    Went to the midnight release, practically sprinted back to my dorm room, and played it until my eyes couldn't stay open anymore. It starts off somewhat slow, but it's the game we've all been waiting for.
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    Beautiful game. Again with astounding visuals and solid gameplay. Up untill now ive had almost no bugs, except for 2 CTD's. Knowing most game developers release games half finished nowadays, thats quite well. The dialog is improved over Oblivion's one. I find it even hard to see that it is a console port, so they ported it well.
  14. Nov 13, 2011
    Amazing. A truly incredible experience that every Human Being should be able to enjoy. Goes above and beyond what all other developers have to offer. This isn't a game, this is art.
  15. Nov 11, 2011
    Ten hours in, and I feel I have only just brushed on the surface of what this game has to offer. Never before, in a very long time have I been able to sit infront of a game for hours on end and just not get bored. In the end I found myself having to force myself to stop, I had work to do.

The opening sequence is extremely linear, which is something you wont really be used to in a TES game, but stick with it because once you have started questing and exploring the world this game really comes into its own. The environments are varied and exciting, the dungeons lost the cookie-cutter feel of Oblivion and so far, the quests I have taken part in have been very well written and intresting, and I've barely touched upon the main quest.

Some people will dislike this game however, just as some people disliked previous games in the series. It has a bug or two, but nothing condemning. And somepeople may consider this "not a true rpg game" however, take this game for what it is, a TES game, and I promise you will enjoy this masterpiece.
  16. Nov 12, 2011
    The more I play it, the more I realize that it may just be the greatest game of all time. At first the game seems quite standard, and you may be distracted by some of the poor textures, however after the first few hours the game reveals its immense scale and you are lost forever (in a good way).
  17. Nov 13, 2011
    By far the best RPG out there graphics are incredible the game is limitless allowing the character to explore in depth best game ever play definitely worth the wait!
  18. Nov 13, 2011
    Definite Game Of The Year in my eyes. Everything that is to be expected from an Elder Scrolls game. Plenty of quests and a decent level cap will have me playing this game for hundreds of hours.
  19. Nov 16, 2011
    First off, haters watch the video " if you hate skyrim, watch this video " on youtube please.This game may be the best game ever. Everything about it is fantastic. Sure, there are some very small bugs, but they don't even matter because everything else is done perfectly. There are no other open world games with this much to do or with this much detail, the graphics are the best than anyFirst off, haters watch the video " if you hate skyrim, watch this video " on youtube please.This game may be the best game ever. Everything about it is fantastic. Sure, there are some very small bugs, but they don't even matter because everything else is done perfectly. There are no other open world games with this much to do or with this much detail, the graphics are the best than any rpg or open world game has ever seen, the game is huge and offers so much to do, and the musical score is fantastic. I understand that people have different opinions and taste, but the haters that have written reviews scoring it 5 or below are either just really imature or ignorant because even if u don't like it, there is nothing horrible about SKYRIm. In fact, there is a video on youtube the hatere must watch its call........" if you hate skyrim, watch this video " check it out please. Expand
  20. Nov 11, 2011
    This game has almost instantly grown to be one of my favorite games I have ever played. This by far is the best game in the series, taking lore, graphics, world, AI, gameplay, quests, characters, you name it to a whole new level. Even as it started it felt far superior to any Bethesda game released so far, the intro level alone had me hooked like a child that has opened up a christmasThis game has almost instantly grown to be one of my favorite games I have ever played. This by far is the best game in the series, taking lore, graphics, world, AI, gameplay, quests, characters, you name it to a whole new level. Even as it started it felt far superior to any Bethesda game released so far, the intro level alone had me hooked like a child that has opened up a christmas gift. Combat this time around has been more versatile and as sleek as ever, everthing feels weighted, magic effects are wonderful and diverse, bows and arrows along with stealth have improved. There are even finishing moves! The world ACTUALLY feels alive this time around, which is fresh change from the crap we got with Oblivion, animals hunt each other, people brawl and work and chat, and every place has a different- exotic feel that I could compare to Morrowind... but done much better even still. There are goodies for old fans as well, Dwemer ruins, Falmer, Sanguine, etc, etc. If you're looking for an Open world RPG to play, this is absolutely THE BEST one on the market, and although it is full of bugs and glitches, the positives outweigh the negatives so much I couldn't just give it a 9/10, it deserves a 10/10. If you like to explore, fight, role play, fantasy, open world, anything of this nature, I would definitely buy it. Expand
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    When I first took my first Elder Scrolls game that I had ever played (Morrowind) and put it into my Xbox, I was forever changed on what the rpg universe could deliver. The gameplay anf the graphics fr the time blew me away. Then, four years later, I bought Oblivion and when I fired my Xbox 360 to play that. I was again mesmerized. The graphcs in Oblivion were just absolutely amazing andWhen I first took my first Elder Scrolls game that I had ever played (Morrowind) and put it into my Xbox, I was forever changed on what the rpg universe could deliver. The gameplay anf the graphics fr the time blew me away. Then, four years later, I bought Oblivion and when I fired my Xbox 360 to play that. I was again mesmerized. The graphcs in Oblivion were just absolutely amazing and the gameplay was nothing I haad ever seen. Now, today when I went to Wal-Mart and bought Skyrim and then put that in my Xbox 360 and loaded the game, well, I was completely blown away. Bethesda has managed to do what no other game company has. Create the perfect rpg. From the incredible visuals to the beautiful gameplay, Skyrim does not dissapoint. I am kind of sad for leaving Oblivion. But when I look at Skyrim, nothing compares. Here is to the long healthy life of the Elder Scrolls and may there be many more! Expand
  22. Nov 13, 2011
    This game makes "fun" and "immersion" feel like a huge understatement. This game is packed, and I mean PACKED full of content that will last months, or even years. When I play this game, I just get sucked into the world of Skyrim and forget all about my actual life. It's just one of those games where if someone asks you to do something in real life, then you say in a second and then nextThis game makes "fun" and "immersion" feel like a huge understatement. This game is packed, and I mean PACKED full of content that will last months, or even years. When I play this game, I just get sucked into the world of Skyrim and forget all about my actual life. It's just one of those games where if someone asks you to do something in real life, then you say in a second and then next thing you know hours later, you're like, "Oh yeah, I forgot." Love this game, 100% beautiful, a few bugs don't ruin anything in this game (not to mention they're pretty hilarious ;) ) Graphics, 10/10 the best, Audio 10/10 VO is phenominal, Gameplay 10/10 sooooooooooo much to do, Lasting appeal 10/10 you can play this game forever and still won't finish every single scrape of questing. Amazing. Expand
  23. Nov 13, 2011
    I had been looking forward to this game for the whole year and it exceeded all of my expectations; although there are many errors that im sure will be patched, the game is brilliant. It has an amazing story and an endless amount of quests which all are very fun. I have heard that some people find the dragon fights irritating but i can't see why, each dragon fight gives you a great sense ofI had been looking forward to this game for the whole year and it exceeded all of my expectations; although there are many errors that im sure will be patched, the game is brilliant. It has an amazing story and an endless amount of quests which all are very fun. I have heard that some people find the dragon fights irritating but i can't see why, each dragon fight gives you a great sense of achievement! Expand
  24. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is phenomenal. Despite some lo-res textures, this game redefines open world, with a good 100+ hours of quality content. Everyone should get this. Best in the series, best this year.
  25. Nov 13, 2011
    Masterpiece, Skyrim is the best game ever made. There is just no flaws that would let this game down in my concept. Congratulations again Bethesda, I just have no more words to describe this game.
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is huge and tremendously beautiful. The surroundings, the horizon, the NPCs, the dungeons, the cities, ALL is fabulous! And this time, the story is really told with efficiency, nothing stops when things occur; that's the stream of life all around that tells us this universe; we assist the lords in their fights, interact with their men, and so on. The disbelief disappears almostThis game is huge and tremendously beautiful. The surroundings, the horizon, the NPCs, the dungeons, the cities, ALL is fabulous! And this time, the story is really told with efficiency, nothing stops when things occur; that's the stream of life all around that tells us this universe; we assist the lords in their fights, interact with their men, and so on. The disbelief disappears almost instantly and we made one with the people of Skyrim. Have no doubt about it, Skyrim is way better than Oblivion! Everything here looks natural, the story is made with stuff of legends and - the point that I truly, I mean truly enjoy high above the rest - the awesome feeling of Morrowind is finaly back! Thanks for this jewel, Bethesda! Expand
  27. Nov 15, 2011
    Any sandbox game that triggers a feelings of exploration, travel and creativity truly deserves a high score. This game is a must buy for all Elderscrolls fans and a should-buy for all RPG lovers.
  28. Nov 16, 2011
    Although there are a few annoyances, it never goes beyond that. They are few and far between and most of the time you're having too much fun to even care about them. As close to perfect as I have seen in a long time. This made me trade in MW3 because there's simply no time to play that other piece of ****
  29. Nov 15, 2011
    without a doubt the best game i have ever played. i've sinked 30 hours into this game in 3 days. i can't get enough of it. the world, the stories the gameplay, everything pulls you in. i don't have any complaints. (the conversations lap over each other sometimes, if not rarely, but this will no doubt be fixed with a patch. and as i said, it happens very rarely.) buy this game. if you'rewithout a doubt the best game i have ever played. i've sinked 30 hours into this game in 3 days. i can't get enough of it. the world, the stories the gameplay, everything pulls you in. i don't have any complaints. (the conversations lap over each other sometimes, if not rarely, but this will no doubt be fixed with a patch. and as i said, it happens very rarely.) buy this game. if you're serious about gaming, get it. if you're not serious about gaming, buy it and walk around picking flowers, making potions and just do whatever you want. this game is for everyone. Expand
  30. Nov 13, 2011
    Excellent game that is huge, rewarding and fun to play. I was surprised at how well written the smallest of side quests are and how even the most mundane looking cave has something interesting going on if you take the time to sneak and listen in on conversations.

Graphics vary from epic outside views to detailed interiors and it all fits together really well, but transitioning from inside to out means loading screens. However, they are not too long and always have some interesting info on them.

Voice acting is excellent and varied while conversations are interesting. It seems everyone has something to say and many of the side quests are found simply by talking to people (and it seems most people need your help).

Crafting is also great fun allowing you to construct and enchant your own weapons and armour and make use of items which you would have just sold.

All in all its a great game. There are some small bugs but nothing game killing.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011