8.2

1. Pierre-MichelF
    Jan 10, 2010
    Fantastic game. Fun, entertaining and very long which add to the experience. Those who liked Splinter Cell and Assassins Creed will feel at home with the Saboteur. You can play at your own pace. Some missions are difficult and they require that you use common sense to complete them. If this game would wear a ROCKSTAR or UBISOFT crest, the ratings would be higher...
  2. Feb 6, 2012
    Seriously, WFT is wrong with the likes of IGN and Gamespot giving this such a low score? Just how much are those lowlifes getting paid by the companies to rate AAA titles so highly when they are sh*t, yet great games like this so poorly when they are great? The Saboteur is your usual sandbox game with a few tweaks. Set in WW2, both the graphics and audio aspects of the game go to create aSeriously, WFT is wrong with the likes of IGN and Gamespot giving this such a low score? Just how much are those lowlifes getting paid by the companies to rate AAA titles so highly when they are sh*t, yet great games like this so poorly when they are great? The Saboteur is your usual sandbox game with a few tweaks. Set in WW2, both the graphics and audio aspects of the game go to create a superbly atmospheric world and as the game starts out it promises to be an outstanding experience. Unfortunately that promise falls a bit flat when you get out into the world and realise that it's just another sandbox game. However, when you persist past that you find that the game itself is just an absolute boatload of brilliant fun. Because of easy going freerunning controls and quick + exciting controls in general (makes combat loads of fun), cars which don't explode within two crashes, loads and loads of explosions + nazi killing and a ton of missions this game just chuffing rocks and rocks hard. Stealth is a bit sloppy (esp the disguise aspect of it), you can find yourself looking at your radar throughout the game a bit too often for my liking, and if there was a tiny bit more of an RPG aspect to the character interaction the game would be better for it. But overall the game's a blast - it finds a quality balance of OTT action and down-to earth realism for you to fear danger at most turns, but not be afraid to let lose and go crazy when you have to. In Nov 2011 I purchased this for £8, at Xmas 2011 I bought Skyrim + Dark Souls. Come Feb 2012 Dark Souls and Skyrim got consigned to the "games to swap bin" a while back and I'm still playing this which is firmly rooted in my "games to keep forever" collection. Buy it now. Expand
  3. EricL
    Dec 11, 2009
    This deserves far better than a 72 Metacritic rating. I suspect "Saboteur" is a victim of it's namesake. Framerate hiccups and hand-to-hand combat is clunky, but it excels in story and the ability to suck you into the environment. Not to mention, the auto-cover system is the best of any game yet. I can't believe that the absolutely BORING "GTAIV" got a 98 and this can't This deserves far better than a 72 Metacritic rating. I suspect "Saboteur" is a victim of it's namesake. Framerate hiccups and hand-to-hand combat is clunky, but it excels in story and the ability to suck you into the environment. Not to mention, the auto-cover system is the best of any game yet. I can't believe that the absolutely BORING "GTAIV" got a 98 and this can't scrape up an 80. Something is wrong here. Expand
  4. CoryB
    Dec 21, 2009
    The game pulls you in with its Sin City look. I got this on the cheap and its worth it so far. Yes, it does have sluggish controls but its just fun to play. I think its an 8.5 actually. It reminds me of a 1940s GTA with a little Assasins Creed thrown as far as the climbing elements. If you like GTA and you have interest in shooting Nazis then you will enjoy this one.
  5. Gunner54
    Dec 26, 2009
    I am not a Pandemic fanboy, I loved the first Mercenaries game, but found the second unplayable. Ditto with Star Wars Battleground (and don
  6. MrV
    Dec 8, 2009
    One of the best action adventure games of the year for me and highly underated. I am really enjoying the story, cheesy humor, setting and characters. Sure it is a little rough around the edges, but it has so much atmosphere, character and charm. Gameplay wise it is like Assassins Creed crossed with GTA set in WWII era Paris fighting the Nazis! Oh and I almost forgot about all the eye One of the best action adventure games of the year for me and highly underated. I am really enjoying the story, cheesy humor, setting and characters. Sure it is a little rough around the edges, but it has so much atmosphere, character and charm. Gameplay wise it is like Assassins Creed crossed with GTA set in WWII era Paris fighting the Nazis! Oh and I almost forgot about all the eye candy. Those who have played it will know what I mean ;) Expand
  7. Dec 12, 2010
    An amazing game that is just such fun to play. The city is well designed and the parisian landmarks are recreated in immense detail, notably the eiffel tower, montmarte and notre dame etc. The map is huge and just driving around the countryside is a joy in itself. The story and missions are excellent and a great mix of stealth, planning and all out guns blazing. Blowing up the naziAn amazing game that is just such fun to play. The city is well designed and the parisian landmarks are recreated in immense detail, notably the eiffel tower, montmarte and notre dame etc. The map is huge and just driving around the countryside is a joy in itself. The story and missions are excellent and a great mix of stealth, planning and all out guns blazing. Blowing up the nazi installations and killing nazis just never gets boring. Sure there are some faults such as escaping from alarms can be frustrating and the difficulty can vary wildly but this doesn't detract from the enjoyment.
    What a shame that Pandemic's masterpiece is also their last.
  8. Mar 23, 2012
    Great atmosphere, good story, sometimes sloppy feeling controls. Overall definitely worth playing and very cheap to buy nowadays. Killing nazis never really gets old.
  9. Oct 28, 2012
    Really fun game. Great gameplay, interesting characters and story, huge amount of content. The game is a little rough around the edges, but in the end what matters the most is how much enjoyment you get out of it, and I got a ton out of this game. If you liked Just Cause 2, Crackdown, or Assassin's Creed, or you just like blowing stuff up, you'll most likely love this game.
  10. Jun 25, 2013
    There's a lot of predictability to behold in "The Saboteur"'s story, but thanks to a fast-paced breadth of action, some traditionally cerebral stealth, and some unexpected twists, it lifts itself above the common rabble.
  11. Apr 14, 2013
    si bien digo que los sandbox no son lo mio pero puede que algo me llame la atención por ejemplo en Sleeping dogs fue su acción, en este caso fue por 2 cosas:

1:Tenes el estilo de assassins creed(o otro juego con el que se entiendan mejor), en que sentido? podes escalar los edificios y el sigilo es como una de las cosas principales en hacer. 2: Matar nazis. Bueno el juego esta

2: Matar nazis.

Bueno el juego esta basado en París en el año 1940, una época en donde los nazis tenían tomado a toda Francia. La historia esta desarrollada durante la segunda guerra mundial, aunque lo que seria lo principal del juego seria en la lucha del protagonista sean lucha contra dierker por venganza. Si hay que definir la historia en un resumen seria "Traición y venganza".

Lo que mejor hice en este juego, ademas de matar nazis y destruir zeppelin nazis fue subir a lo alto de la torre eiffel y suicidarme :D no se que tiene que ver pero me pareció algo genial decirlo.

El juego en general esta en blanco y negro, excepto el símbolo nazi que eso se marca para que identifiques, el fuego y la sangre, porque esta en blanco y negro? porque asi sabes que zonas están tomadas por los nazis y cada vez que liberas una zona, se vuelve a color.

Gráficamente el juego luce bien no es la gran cosa pero esta bien. Jugabilidad buena nada de que quejarme. Todo lo demás es correcto.

PUNTOS A FAVOR: Historia, ambientación (París y una pequeña parte de Alemania) y matar nazis.

PUNTOS EN CONTRA: Una historia no muy bien narrada, bugs(aunque es entendible).

The saboteur sera un sandox a lo gta pero con algo de innovación, no lo compararia con sleeping dogs porque tienen cosas distintas y cada uno tiene lo suyo.En fin es un buen juego a los que les gusten este estilo se los recomiendo.
  12. JalexD
    Dec 9, 2009
    I'm really very curious to see what the reviews are like for this game once they all come in. This title sounded extremely promising when I first heard about it, but the actual execution is a great fall from it's potential. Not only that, but the gameplay is nearly identical to the 'Godfather' games, only with a much stronger emphasis on climbing and mass destruction. I'm really very curious to see what the reviews are like for this game once they all come in. This title sounded extremely promising when I first heard about it, but the actual execution is a great fall from it's potential. Not only that, but the gameplay is nearly identical to the 'Godfather' games, only with a much stronger emphasis on climbing and mass destruction. And in my opinion, the 'Godfather' games are actually superior. The story, voice acting, atmosphere are all mediocre at best and oftentimes sub-par. This mostly stems from the developers apparent desire to turn a story about Nazi-occupied Paris into a Steven Seagal film. These elements make up a mostly bland experience, but I still give it a slightly above-average score for the times when it does get close to it's potential. Expand
  13. Billd
    Dec 13, 2009
    This is the last WWII game I ever buy. The Genre has gotten stale and while this game had what seemed to be a different take, it just falls flat. The graphics are garbage, the story is lame and game play sucks. Unlike the other people here I found the dialogue to be servicable with a couple laughs.
  14. Jan 29, 2012
    This is a game with a great deal of fun action sequences and a brilliant alternate history story line, it has dragged me back in again to try and find all the tanks and to destroy all the emplacements
  15. Mar 2, 2014
    Pros:
    -open world, lots of stuff to do.

Cons:
    Bad gameplay, slow climbing, stealth, cover doesn't work, difficulty spikes, tank controls are awkward.
    Bad graphics, this game does have a good art style, but it's often too dark, and once liberated the colours bring out the bad textures.
    Horrible voice acting, really irratating.
    Ridiculous story.
  16. ChrisS
    Jan 4, 2010
    This game hasn't gotten its due. It is groundbreaking? No. But the 3rd person shooting is better, measurably, than GTA 4's, and the escape and climbing mechanics feel like they matter. Escaping Nazis has a certain air of mystique to it that this game captures perfectly. The setpiece or 'wow' moments are perfectly paced and particularly amazing. Are the traffic systems This game hasn't gotten its due. It is groundbreaking? No. But the 3rd person shooting is better, measurably, than GTA 4's, and the escape and climbing mechanics feel like they matter. Escaping Nazis has a certain air of mystique to it that this game captures perfectly. The setpiece or 'wow' moments are perfectly paced and particularly amazing. Are the traffic systems as refined as GTA 4? Hardly, but I still can't stop playing this game. It's an enjoyable experience start to finish, and a surprising one at that. Expand
  17. TomM
    Jan 1, 2010
    I really do not know how people like Total Video Games can give this game such a low rating, it is one of the best i've played, and i've played a few games similar to this, E.G assasins creed 2 and GTA IV and i still think this game tops both of them in areas uncredited for which im really annoyed about, because people are telling me that this game will get a sequel if the game I really do not know how people like Total Video Games can give this game such a low rating, it is one of the best i've played, and i've played a few games similar to this, E.G assasins creed 2 and GTA IV and i still think this game tops both of them in areas uncredited for which im really annoyed about, because people are telling me that this game will get a sequel if the game sells well, but it wont sell well when people are giving biased ratings like that! Collapse
  18. NickS
    Jan 1, 2010
    This is a game that not only compares favorably to some of the better GTA knock offs (CRACKDOWN) but in some aspects is as enjoyable as the GTA games. Great graphics, interesting missions and most of all addictive and FUN gameplay.
  19. ErikL
    Dec 8, 2009
    I'm having a lot of fun with this game. Driving around blowing things up and driving through cows :] The dialouge has some pretty funny moments and the story is decent enough. Recomended!
  20. J
    Dec 10, 2009
    The reviews are mostly wrong.The driving is great, the action is great, the story is fun, the characters are interesting, the climbing is fun and not ripping off Assassin's Creed 2 doesn't mean it isn't, the settings are wonderful- the only accurate thing is that yes, the graphics are ground breaking. Who cares. It's a great vibe, a great atmosphere, fairly brave to The reviews are mostly wrong.The driving is great, the action is great, the story is fun, the characters are interesting, the climbing is fun and not ripping off Assassin's Creed 2 doesn't mean it isn't, the settings are wonderful- the only accurate thing is that yes, the graphics are ground breaking. Who cares. It's a great vibe, a great atmosphere, fairly brave to use such a huge extent of black and white, and at it's base, it's just fun. Do yourself a favor and try this game. If the box said "RockStar" on it, it'd get over 90s easily. Expand
  21. Soma
    Dec 10, 2009
    I've been following the game since they first announced, and I must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I've easily spent the better part of the day running around Nazi infested Paris and sabotaging the Nazis. I was shocked when Nazi's randomly carted an old lady away in the streets! Makes killing Nazis all the more fun.
  22. WillL
    Dec 16, 2009
    Game much better than ratings it has been getting. It doesn't need to load every 5 seconds like Assassin's creed 2 and has much richer enviroment that allows user to solve missions in a variety of different ways. The stealth system is better than creed, I also prefered the climbing system, at least it is clear what you can or cannot hang on to. Just a shame about voice acting Game much better than ratings it has been getting. It doesn't need to load every 5 seconds like Assassin's creed 2 and has much richer enviroment that allows user to solve missions in a variety of different ways. The stealth system is better than creed, I also prefered the climbing system, at least it is clear what you can or cannot hang on to. Just a shame about voice acting and script. EA haters shame on you! Got it wrong on this one. Expand
  23. BENB
    Dec 21, 2009
    The game is tell about wwII ussually this genre is fps but the one of this. They make Sandbox no FPS again (like Call of dutty, Medal of Honnor, etc)
  24. oliverb
    Dec 27, 2009
    an awesome game. sure, the graphics might not be amazing or the combat the best, but the artistic style and sandbox world make this one of the sleeper hits of 2009.
  25. dmr30
    Dec 31, 2009
    This game has been highly underated. It is also huge I have now played for 20 hours and I have only finished 50% of the main missions and 20% of the freeplay goals. I just performed a mission in which I had to free a prisoner from a nazi prison and in order to do this I first stealth killed a soldier to get a nazi uniform, then I planted some explosive on a nazi vehicle and left it near This game has been highly underated. It is also huge I have now played for 20 hours and I have only finished 50% of the main missions and 20% of the freeplay goals. I just performed a mission in which I had to free a prisoner from a nazi prison and in order to do this I first stealth killed a soldier to get a nazi uniform, then I planted some explosive on a nazi vehicle and left it near the main entrance. Next I used a sniper rifle to clear the roof of guards and then used a rope to climb to the roof. I then killled a guard carrying a submachine gun with a suppressed hand gun and swapped out my sniper rifle for the submachine gun. I decided it was time to get loud and gunned down the two guards that were carrying flame throwers that were guarding the prisoner. The machine gun fire was heard and the alarm sounded and my cover was blown. I opened the prisoner cell, detonated the fuel tank which wiped out most of the guards on the front entrance and then sprinted to my pre-planted sports car escape vehicle with the prisoner and escaped to a area of the city which I had already liberated and which fought back against the Germans that were chasing me. I think that if this game gets any negative reviews the reviewer has not given it enough time to understand its nuances as it took me about 5 hours to realise the depth of options available with missions. Sorry to see Pandemic closed down after they release a game that is so great. Expand
  26. Jacobw
    Dec 9, 2009
    The critics are totally wrong about the game, the story is great, graphics are ok but the gameplay is outstanding. While you played the first five missions or so you really get into it.
  27. DavidD
    Dec 9, 2009
    The Saboteur is great fun. In a world where GTAIV gets 10's, seeing this game recieve such a low score feels like some kind of injustice. The gameplay mechanics stand head and shoulders above GTA, and while the story may be a little cliche and contrived, but overall the game is very enjoyable!
  28. HagenM
    Jan 18, 2010
    Phenomenal experience. Brilliant voice-acting, action, and a wonderful stealth system. This is Pandemic's swan song and even though they've broken my heart with Mercs 2 but I love this game. Anyone who enjoys a sandbox experience should own this game.
  29. Andrew
    Dec 10, 2009
    Not great... and I'm unsure how that destructoid fellow found that opinion, to me, each and every game mechanic is broken.
  30. NateG
    Dec 25, 2009
    Great game totally underrated by metacritic as usual, actually enjoyed the gameplay better than AC2 due to the multiple ways to accomplish each objective on your own time. Great game.
  31. MathieuG
    Dec 28, 2009
    I was not excepting much out of this game considering the average reviews, but I must say, I found myself addicted very quickly and I consider the saboteur one of the surprises of 2009. The high contrast B&W style and the soundtrack are simply delightful. The setting (paris during WW2) is simply genius, especially if you have even been to paris, you will enjoy this simplified, stylized I was not excepting much out of this game considering the average reviews, but I must say, I found myself addicted very quickly and I consider the saboteur one of the surprises of 2009. The high contrast B&W style and the soundtrack are simply delightful. The setting (paris during WW2) is simply genius, especially if you have even been to paris, you will enjoy this simplified, stylized version of the city, with all of its famous landmarks. The game combines multiples gameplay types: open world, destruction, driving, shooting, climbing, sneaking, etc. Yes, not all of these gameplay elements are perfect, but they come together very well to make a very exciting game. The main story missions will often make good use of those different gameplay genres. The story is good and the ending is satisfying. Expand
  32. ascii
    Dec 8, 2009
    Some people are hard to please. This game is excellent. The dialogue is far better than 99% of other games and it's quite funny at times. I really enjoyed this game. It's got a massive map and gives a real sense of what the atmosphere would have been like in war torn France. The colour scheme is very dramatic and suited to the game, well done Pandemic. Shame on you EA for Some people are hard to please. This game is excellent. The dialogue is far better than 99% of other games and it's quite funny at times. I really enjoyed this game. It's got a massive map and gives a real sense of what the atmosphere would have been like in war torn France. The colour scheme is very dramatic and suited to the game, well done Pandemic. Shame on you EA for letting them disband. Expand
  33. ChetE
    Dec 8, 2009
    The Saboteur has been a big surprise for me. I wasn't expecting much considering the recent news about Pandemic and the competition that's out there these days, but this game is great! I can't understand why the critics are so harsh on this one. Unlike Mercenaries 2, Pandemic has put together a polished experience here with strong characters, good-looking in-game The Saboteur has been a big surprise for me. I wasn't expecting much considering the recent news about Pandemic and the competition that's out there these days, but this game is great! I can't understand why the critics are so harsh on this one. Unlike Mercenaries 2, Pandemic has put together a polished experience here with strong characters, good-looking in-game cinematics, and sticky gameplay. The perks system and story will keep you playing for hours on end! And it just keeps getting better as the game progresses. Though it doesn't have multiplayer, it's a solid single-player experience that I can see myself playing through again with a friend to get them into it. Pick this game up! Thank you Pandemic for your contributions to the industry! I hope this game is remembered for being a solid sleeper hit. Expand
  34. trophyhunter
    Dec 16, 2009
    The game was a very positive surprise - I went in not expecting much, but the game just pulled me in and wouldn't let go. Going by todays industry standards I was expecting the game to be a lot shorter, but in fact it has a deep main story with side missions to boost the play time even more. Plus the free-play will likely take ages to completely finish. I did encounter some glitches The game was a very positive surprise - I went in not expecting much, but the game just pulled me in and wouldn't let go. Going by todays industry standards I was expecting the game to be a lot shorter, but in fact it has a deep main story with side missions to boost the play time even more. Plus the free-play will likely take ages to completely finish. I did encounter some glitches - like getting stuck inside a wall and having enemies respawn, but then again having more nazis to shoot at is not neccessarily a bad thing at all :) Expand
  35. LongHaired
    Dec 21, 2009
    I thought it was one of the top games out this year, the storyline is great and the explosions are fantastic.
  36. DavidA
    Dec 23, 2009
    Most fun I've had in months. Deserves much more recognition. Some of the best sandbox style missions in any open world game yet. Awesome soundtrack and art style. Just don't dismiss it from the clumsy opening few hours.
  37. Sep 5, 2010
    personally I think this i a great game. Okay so the graphics aren't the best ever but there hardly terrible and anyway the stylised grey scale effects are fantastic and really and really add a sense of originality to the game. The game play is good although there are some little faults, the climbing system is a little to slow and should flow better instead of asking you to repeatedly tap apersonally I think this i a great game. Okay so the graphics aren't the best ever but there hardly terrible and anyway the stylised grey scale effects are fantastic and really and really add a sense of originality to the game. The game play is good although there are some little faults, the climbing system is a little to slow and should flow better instead of asking you to repeatedly tap a it should be more of an assassins creed style mechanic. Luckily though this neither ruins the fun of the game or is frustrating. Don't listen to the bad/average reviews this is given on websites and magazines this is a great game. Had pandemic not gone under shortly after release there could have been DLC/ a sequel which is a real shame. Expand
  38. Oct 17, 2010
    a very fun game, it surprised me, i really didn't think it was going to be that fun. i will definitely pick this up for cheap the next time i see it.
  39. Nov 13, 2012
    A good game in its own right, while clearly lacking in many places it has a certain charm about it that kept me coming back until i finished it. That and ridiculous portrayal of the main character Shaun Devlin the Irishman. While I'm not too convinced with the whole black and white idea the game still felt like it was in Paris and as such the setting was one of the major reasons i enjoyedA good game in its own right, while clearly lacking in many places it has a certain charm about it that kept me coming back until i finished it. That and ridiculous portrayal of the main character Shaun Devlin the Irishman. While I'm not too convinced with the whole black and white idea the game still felt like it was in Paris and as such the setting was one of the major reasons i enjoyed this game. Combat wasn't the best and the free play events got boring quickly but this is still worth checking out now that its a cheap game Expand
  40. Apr 7, 2013
    A really underrated gem of a game. It's basically GTA: WW2. While it does suffer from some flaws the game as a whole is thoroughly entertaining. Great characters and entertaining story. If anything the WW2 Paris setting is what I appreciated the most and the free roaming aspect just enhanced that.

Overall: The Saboteur is a great game. Not the best of it's kind but much better than

Overall:
    The Saboteur is a great game. Not the best of it's kind but much better than allot of other GTA wannabes.
  41. May 10, 2013
    I have zero-resistance for this kind of game: you can drive a car around when doing missions, I like GTA, Mafia and this game all for this reason. I also like Paris. The story of the game is OK, but too short and I dont want to replay it after finished it the first time. Still spent hours in this game to clear all the red dots and had that song 'feeling good' plays in my head for days. II have zero-resistance for this kind of game: you can drive a car around when doing missions, I like GTA, Mafia and this game all for this reason. I also like Paris. The story of the game is OK, but too short and I dont want to replay it after finished it the first time. Still spent hours in this game to clear all the red dots and had that song 'feeling good' plays in my head for days. I think this game deserves more publicity. Expand
  42. Apr 3, 2013
    An irishman in Paris fighting nazis in WWII, need i really say anymore. The saboteur has got a great story and some great characters. The gameplay is compellingly addictive even after you have completed the main storyline it is one of the few games i have continued to play until i have reached 100%! it combines elements of racing games, third person sandboxes and elements of rpgs to make aAn irishman in Paris fighting nazis in WWII, need i really say anymore. The saboteur has got a great story and some great characters. The gameplay is compellingly addictive even after you have completed the main storyline it is one of the few games i have continued to play until i have reached 100%! it combines elements of racing games, third person sandboxes and elements of rpgs to make a fun action packed and thoroughly brilliant excuse for a game. Hand to had combat is a little glitchy and one time i found myself walking 50ft above the ground after jumping of the eiffel tower, but that does not stop the game from being Pandemics finest hour. Expand
  43. May 9, 2013
    The saboteur is an exiting, engaging and action full game. I just dont understand how this game got such a low review scores back in 2009. Great atmosphere, great action and you can create real havoc in Paris Today you can find the game in bargain bins... just get it and enjoy!!!
  44. Jul 9, 2013
    "Pandemic's Swan Song" as it's been called. While the game's atmosphere and concept are outstanding, the game just fails to hit on all the essentials. Gameplay is both good and bad. Where the auto cover and auto reload systems are a great idea, they are also very finicky. I ended up not even using the auto cover half the time cause it was unreliable. The normal gun fire mechanics are"Pandemic's Swan Song" as it's been called. While the game's atmosphere and concept are outstanding, the game just fails to hit on all the essentials. Gameplay is both good and bad. Where the auto cover and auto reload systems are a great idea, they are also very finicky. I ended up not even using the auto cover half the time cause it was unreliable. The normal gun fire mechanics are fine, but cover+fire is only half available. Usually you get blind fire as an option, in this if you tried to blind fire, your character would still pop out from cover to shoot. The other part of the gameplay that I didn't like was the Assassins Creed traversing and hiding. It felt extremely out of place and it was just a frigging nightmare to climb up buildings. Climbing takes far too long and is not smooth at all.

The controls for everything is rather sluggish. Pretty much the only thing that seemed half decent with controls was the driving. The story was rather boring. The WW2 Nazi games have run their course and are now to the point of just being tiresome. Granted the story is still better than a lot of games out there, it still has been done to death. For me, the game became so tedious, monotonous and just plain boring that I stopped after completing all but the last 5 main story missions. The overall game experience made me absolutely hate The Saboteur.

Best part of the game is the Inspiration. When various aspects of the city are under heavy control and overall morality is low, it is visible with the black & white with colored highlight art scheme. When you do missions that remove the Nazi presence in that area the natural color will restore along with the hope of the civilians.

Worst part of the game is the Civilian A.I. You are going to run over people and other drivers are going to hinder you. The civilians never get out of your way and when you are running from the nazis you'll end up mowing several down. The horn feature on the cars does absolutely nothing, they still won't move. It is the worst civilian A I that I've ever seen. "Hey, there's a slow moving tank coming, time to cross the street"........*squish*
  45. May 27, 2013
    The game's basically GTA, but in 1940's Paris, and it turns out to be fun. Gameplay wise, needs a bit more work, gets clunky sometimes. The graphics, driving scenes, and explosive action, makes this game hit! Hope there'll be sequel!
  46. Nov 9, 2013
    This Game is Astonishing! i was so disappointed to find out that pandemic has shut their doors after the release of this game, this game is creative in its story and design, the plot is great!, Sean devlin is probably the most Funny,charming, rememberable character i have ever played as, The Graphics at the the time was ok', but despite that the gameplay overides that completely, its justThis Game is Astonishing! i was so disappointed to find out that pandemic has shut their doors after the release of this game, this game is creative in its story and design, the plot is great!, Sean devlin is probably the most Funny,charming, rememberable character i have ever played as, The Graphics at the the time was ok', but despite that the gameplay overides that completely, its just plain Sandbox' FUN', smashing hit!, and i hope some game company can lift off from pandemic to make a sequel!! Expand
  47. Apr 13, 2015
    To date this is my favourite open world game and the only one I have completed 100%! If Assassin's Creed ever goes to WWII Ubisoft has big boots to fill! I would love to see a remake of this for PS4!
  48. Oct 17, 2014
    This is one of the best games i ever played on xbox 360.the storyline is very good and the graphics are fantastic . i recomand this game to be played by any gamer . sry for mai bad english

While it’s a little rough around the edges we enjoyed this game more than we thought we would. It’s far from perfect, but it’s great to see Pandemic going out with a bang.
  2. A new example of a great concept poorly executed. The Saboteur could be a surprisingly good sandbox if Pandemic just finished it. This game has neat ideas and the potential for being funny, but its gameplay suffers because of its weak development.
  3. The Saboteur may lack the polish of the contemporaries it boldly mimics, but protagonist Sean Devlin’s quest for revenge and an alluring 1940s Paris make this a World War II memory worth making.