8.4

1. Dec 20, 2013
    If you were a fan of Season 1 then this Season 2 is exactly what was anticipated and more. It would of been easy for them to play it safe and just extend the original story of Clementine, tying up loose ends as they go... But they haven't. They've broke new grounds in terms of narrative and decision making and emotional moments all of which is what made Season 1 so great. The amazing thing is that in a zombie world, the last thing you'd want to be is a little girl. And that's exactly how this game makes you feel, a vulnerable child being thrown from pillar to post in order to ensure survival. They've done an amazing job truly making you feel in the shoes of Clementine. After the first episode, there's so much room for growth. So far this hasn't disappointed! Expand
  2. Dec 29, 2013
    Not entirely sure what the PC critic reviewers were playing, but clearly it wasn't this...

TWD S1 remains one of the best gaming and storytelling experiences of all time, offering the first true example of multi-threaded narrative defined by player choice. So many games claim to do this, but offer a hollow imitation and choices that really mean nothing to the player. TWD is an emotional
    rollercoaster and one of the only games to ever make me shed a tear for the characters.

TWD: S2E1 is a fitting return to the series. The pacing is a lot slower than the end of S2 as you would imagine after a change of protagonists, the story needs time to set up new characters and situations. Despite a sometimes slowed down pace, you are never far from an action-packed scene of tension and horror. This is an episode that doesn't shy from cringeworthy violence or "OMG" hand-over-the-mouth moments of horror. Clementine makes a wonderful protagonist and her development from the end of S1 is marked and genuine.

The game's interface has been redesigned and improved, making use of the fantastic control system from Telltale's other absolute gem, "The Wolf Among Us". This results in interactions and conversational responses which are much faster and more fluid than they were previously. Unfortunately, TWD:S2E1 is plagued by the same technical issues that have hounded its predecessor and TWAU as well... the frame-rate is extremely choppy at times and loading screens break the tension and interaction every minute or so. I really hope that Telltale will somehow work out how to rid their games of these issues as this would make them 10 star experiences in my opinion.

In short, The Walking Dead: Season 2 Episode 1 is a fitting return to one of gaming's most surprise gems and features everything you'd expect from the next iteration of 2012's GOTY (and indeed, one of gaming's pinnacle achievements of all time). Don't delay in getting hold of this excellent experience, and be sure to pick up a Season Pass while you're at it for a discount on the future episodes believe me, you won't want to miss them!
  3. Feb 5, 2014
    It's one of the best episodes ever, and it's currently the second most tragical episode, loosing to Episode 5. One thing that bother me it's that all dialogues are obligatory, and there's no optional dialogue, and the interaction with other characters reduced.
  4. Feb 28, 2014
    some characters were thrown out a bit quick but it is a really good start to the second series and the information they give for the next episode is a real tease......one problem i have is that its too easy to predict walker attacks in this game.....overall worth the money
  5. Jan 12, 2014
    This is an amazing sequel to the first season and just everything about it is just amazing, thank you telltale game you guys and girls are the best !!
  6. Feb 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The walking dead season two kicks off to a awesome start First you meet up with Christa and Omid but Omid is shot, we then visit Doc Brown to travel to the future of 16 months later where all of a sudden Clementine is separated from Christa and must SURVIVE on her own... Most epic episode ever... And for those who say I'm dead, I'm.Not.Dead. Expand

1. Feb 4, 2014
    All That Remains is a bit rougher than I would've liked and not much got established, but I have confidence that the team at Telltale can turn out a good experience. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes.
  2. Feb 3, 2014
    The first episode of the second season is the beginning of something beautiful. The emotional and impressive story is still there and Clementine is the perfect person to bring us through the emotional rollercoaster that is The Walking Dead.
  3. Jan 20, 2014
    The lack of clear black and white moral choices is as refreshing as it ever was, even if this season opener seems to hint at a slight change in tone.