7.2

1. May 25, 2012
    It feels like an age since this game was first announce,& sure enough has had a fair few delays.When the game was first announced all that time ago,i was concerned with the way Ubisoft was taking the Ghost Recon Series.The previous gen games were modern day set,& therefore more realistic & easier to relate to,then with the next gen of machines,we got the Advanced Warfighter 1&2 titles.This set about using more overtly futuristic tech,like drones & the cross coms,which while not presently used,were still very viable.When i saw the reveal for Future Soldier,my heart sank,with even more emphesis on future tech,complete with the contraversial Harry Potter style invisibility cloaks!? I couldnt have been the only one concered,judging by the way we were constantly assured that the tech is in development & within a decade away,but what was most worrying was the impact it would have on the gameplay.
    Well,the games finally here,& i'm relieved to say that its absolutely superb! The optical camo is still there,but is not by any means an infallible technology.Its not only handled well,not over the top & detrimental to gameplay,its actually well implimented into the gameplay.It gives you options you wouldnt normally have in this type of game,& created something i wasnt expecting.Something that feels a bit different,but in a good way.You see the technology has its limits,which you need to keep in mind when using it.You cant get too close to the enemy,or you will still be seen,& it only works when your crouched or prone,so you cant move fast when using it.It makes for a great tool to not make things too easy,but to get you into position to create opportunitys & strategys for you,such as setting up killing zones for sycronised kill shots launching your drones,which in themselves,with drones that can fly,& even land & drive,to the extreeeeemely cool WarHound(I'll let you find out)really run & useful to use,or going in for a stealth kill.
    Stealth plays its part in alot of the game,though you dont have to use it if you dont want to most of the time.You can go in guns blazing conventional style of thats what you wish,but its nowhere near as much fun as going in unseen & using strategy.The game feels much like a cross between Ghost Recon & the excellent Splinter Cell-Conviction.It even borrows the cool system that lets you dash between covers quickly,to be either unseen or when your under heavy fire,but you can move & switch covers conventially too,so it has the best of both worlds.
    Another aspect i wasnt sure about,was the 'sycronising shots' mechanic,but yet again i was very pleasantly suprised.Its very satisfying marking up to four targets,watching each of your squad get into a firing position,then wait for you to take your shot,or give the order for them to take theirs,Not because its hard to do,but because its so 'easy' to do.This mechanic that tells you when everyones shot is lines up & ready to fire,among other features,lends well to the excellent(& finally once again implimented)Campaign Co-Op(up to 4-player Co-Op no less,each with your own character with slightly different look).Its about time Campaign Co-Op made a return to Ghost Recon,I've missed you,& i'm suprised Co-Op isnt featured more in squad games,as you'd think being in a squad is an ideal opportunity for Co-Op.I havnt played multiplayer much,but theres some interesting modes,including a couple of no-respawn ones,which are fun if tense.Also of note,is Guerilla mode,which is basically a Hoard mode,but more tactical,a bit like the survival mode in Modern Warfare 3,but at a slower,more considered pace & different rounds,such as stealth kill rounds.Sadly Campaign Co-Op can only be played either Online or System link,no split screen,but Guerilla & other multiplayer modes can be played Online,System Link & Split Screen,or combining those.So the game is a very good package,& the Co-Op means the game has great replay value.Graphics are great on the whole & the look suits the game extremely well.Theres a few muddy textures here & there,but nothing thats going to bother you,you'll be too busy enjoying the game with a grin on your face.Theres some moments that look absolutely beautiful,such as weather effects whci i wont spoil by talking about.
    One final mention must go to Gunsmith.Its an excellent tools that lets you customise your weapons in minute detail(if you so wish),from its paint job to different types of trigger,barrel,gas system,attachments etc etc.I love it! It may sound daunting,but it really isnt,give it a go,you'll find it satisfying when the weapon re-assembles with all your choices taylor made for your next sortie.This is damn near perfect military squad game,that shows that a cinematic feel CAN be achieved in a Co-Op game(I'm looking at you Activision & EA,so take note).
  2. May 23, 2012
    Just finished an epic night of GRFS multiplayer and I am pleasantly surprised! You can definitely tell they were trying to cater to the COD crowd but that's not necessarily a bad thing here. GR purists will be mad but the multiplayer matches can get crazy wild! People still seem to be learning the modes and objectives but the game is so much fun I didn't want to stop. I've yet to try the SP but the MP will keep me happy for days. Expand
  3. May 22, 2012
    Ghost recon future soldier is in my opinion the BEST shooter I've ever had the pleasure of playing,yeah the graphics may not be top notch like BF3 or call of duty but they are still pretty good looking.the game play is what I love the most about this game,it's super addictive fast paced and full of out of you're seat action *I LOVE IT*.
    but SP is not the only winner here,the Multi-player
    is head and shoulders the best I've seen so far,I can't stop playing MP since I got home today and all I can think about is how much you're able to customize the weapons in this game.and don't listen to all those haters out there *including some Critics lower scores*they are all made up of cod fan boy's.if you want a real mans game get Ghost Recon future soldier asap. Expand
  4. Mar 25, 2013
    The game is amazing. Campaign is pretty good with a few small flaws. It's challenging, stealthy, tactical, and has a absolute perfect split between pulse pounding action and stealth. It's co op, as well, making it a blast to coordinate with friends.

Multiplayer launched with the game almost still in beta. There were many glitches, bugs, and exploits when it launched. Luckily most of
    them had been patched. I think of the reason for this is Ubisoft didn't know truely how many people were going to be playing the multiplayer which also led to some lag issues and I assure you, they won't make the same mistake. Multiplayer overall is intensely fun, stressful, difficult, tactical, teamwork based, and stategic.Never have I been in a game that I cared so much about the objective that it made me want to throw a grenade at my feet to save it.

You WILL enjoy this game. Buy it. For the people that say this isn't Ghost Recon, this is a different part in the franchise. if this was supposed to relate to the previous GR it would say GRAW on it now wouldn't it? It has gone in a different direction than previous GR.. Luckily, It's the right direction. 10/10
  5. May 28, 2012
    Okay I am first going to start this off with a warning, Metacritic is full of bias trolls. All of these rating with 0/10 are just ridiculous. NO GAME I have ever played deserves a 0, let alone a game like this. Watch YouTube videos, read other reviews, and buy the game to find out for yourself that this game is great.
  6. May 27, 2012
    GRFS builds on the previous ghost recon games by adding some interesting and cool gameplay mechanics. The campaign is fun and the levels open up a lot more in the second half of the game. The characters are cool but, you never really get to know them or truly care about them. The guns all sound and work like they should, which is a plus. The graphics are awesome and the gameplay feels a lot faster than previous ghost recon games. The multiplayer is also very good and is great to play with friends. I'm very happy that you can also play through the campaign with friends too. The only thing I don't like about multiplayer is that there's no deathmatch or teamdeathmatch game modes which is pretty standard for a game like this. Overall GRFS is a great game and is everything that I wanted the next installment in the ghost recon series to be. Expand
  7. May 22, 2012
    I've been playing this game since Saturday and I really like it. I stopped playing military type multiplayer games when COD BlackOps came out. I couldn't take the cheap, run & gun game play style. Calling in nukes is probably one of the stupidest things you could do in a game...makes no sense. A soldier cannot just call in a nuke, or an airstrike. There's certain channels you have to go through in order for both those things to happen. With that being said I decided to get back into social gaming by playing TC GR FS and I don't regret it. It's fun and for the most part, it's tactical. Yeah you could run and gun, but odds are you will get bucked. The game modes are all objective based which I don't mind. The gunsmith feature is really cool. This game is the thinkings man COD and that right there ...is high praise. Expand
  8. Jun 10, 2012
    This is a definite 10/10, the campaign blew me away and the multiplayer it's just pure fun, If you want a long and amazing campaign and a fun and tactical multiplayer this game is a must-buy and it is also a refreshing change from call of duty and battlefield, I think every gamer should try it
  9. Jun 13, 2012
    Multiplayer review. Is familiar enough to the earlier G.R.A.W. games while refreshingly different and more advanced to incorporate some of the advances other games have added the last few years. The maps are great. Many different nooks and crannies, multiple level with stuff in between (i.e. you run up and down sloping gradients within the map structure). Great evolution of the series and absolutely a needed entry back into the genre. This game like the others is much more tactical than the CoD/BF3 games. CoD obviously the least. BF3 a bit more medium, except when you play the 64 person maps in a narrow passageway/vehicles. But this multiplayer YOU have to be the man. No killstreaks. No vehicles. Sure you have some tactical toys to play with, but you can't just call in an AH-6 overwatch, and don't have to worry about BF3 air vehicles devastating the entire map's groundforces.

I disagree that you can't run and gun. The difference is, you have to be a little bit more reserved, a bit more tactical with it, and it is easier to get nailed because of it. Snipers get good views of you through obscure spots, and sensors can allow you to be shown as you are running towards people. So maybe a more accurate way to describe is jog and pause rather than run and gun. The weighting system also changes your speed and determines how fast you can get past snipers on the run and such. The game is also FAR more realistic than CoD in the sense of it doesn't take 10 shots to take someone down. One clip on a standard assault rifle can easily take out five guys. While I like CoD as it has a place, the whole 1 shot or 10 shots is really kind of lame. I wish they'd tighten that down a bit. In Future Soldier a normal clip is enough to lay waste to most of the opposing side and you can do it faster. The hit detection is good and because it doesn't take 10 hits, it allows for a more realistic aim worsening to be more realistic but not entirely hampering. It works, it's more realistic, and even adds a bit of skill and real time processing while in a medium-long range firefight. While it sucks when someone hacks your data stream, it is a cool feature and awesome when someone on your team hacks the others.

I love this game. Max Payne 3 is pretty fun. But of the two I opened on the same day, THIS is the game that has gotten my attention and the one I can't put down. (though my 360 keeps crashing with Max Payne 3 might have a bit to do with that as well...seems like all 360 Rockstar games are buggy as hell). Easy to fall in love with this multiplayer. May still grow quite attached to Max Payne 3's, but already have with TC:FS. If you liked the GRAW series, this is a no brainer. If not, the additions make this quite a different game as well. Again great blend of familiarity, yet major differences. Been a long time coming for this game and glad UBI finally got another out. 10 for multiplayer.
  10. May 25, 2012
    I think that Future Soldier is a great game. I find the campaign to be engaging and exciting. The multiplayer while maybe not the best is still really good and offers an excellent change of pace from all the fps shooters. I LOVE the gunsmith, it truly allows you to truly make every gun your own! My only real issue is that the kill cams show the person never hitting you (but it is slightly hilarious at the same time). Maybe add some other awesome tech as well, but I really like the game. Expand
  11. May 22, 2012
    The best ghost recon game ever.The graphics are awesome and AI is one of the best ever in games,your teammate can kill enemy and save you when you are down.Great job Ubisoft
  12. May 29, 2012
    The best army game I have played till now.have an experience of your own and the graphics is just awesome.The tactics sync shot etc are very cool.So i recommend you check this out.
  13. May 22, 2012
    so COOL with KINECT;high values in "missions design,textures resolutions,gadgets effects,gameplay depth and environments use" but sometimes "enemy`s AI" is so dumb.
    i played on hard.
  14. Jun 15, 2012
    Multiplayer opinions: If you are looking for a hardcore, third person shooter, that focusses on you and your team mate/friends, then this is the game for you. Ubisoft are obviously trying to reach out to the lost Socom fans, and then some with this game. For me, its great having a game that plays differently and truly rewards you for completing objectives and working as a team, not how many kills you get. Definitely not for runners and gunners, this is more the thinking man's shooter. Expand
  15. Feb 2, 2014
    A fantastic game which is being **** about because of the multiplayer servers. It is a great game, introduces to really awesome tech which is close to being materialised in real war conflict. The cover mechanics is the best in gaming history(ok same as GoW series) and the tactics used to out flank and out position is spot on. The missions are linear, COD type but the way you do it has variation and requires strategy so that kinda overcomes its "on-rail" gameplay courtesy of Battlefield and CoD games.
    The Graphics is pretty good,not Battlefield 4 great though. The atmosphere is done right and it really feels like you are in a battlefield and not placed in studio with textures of destroyed landscape pasted in the background (like CoD). It was a great move to go 3rd person, and any rabid hater criticizing the game for its 3rd person view should go cry in a corner cuz THIS MAKES THE GAME MECHANICS WORK WELL!!
    The only good military game since Battlefield Bad Company 2...which is a shame for the gaming industry..
    Its 8.5 out of 10 but im giving it a 10 to offset the retard user reviews
  16. May 25, 2012
    GRDS is a great squad based shooter that uses stealth and teamwork. The campaign so far has been pretty good through 5 missions. Its a nice change of pace from COD/Battlefield3. The multiplayer is fun also. Graphics look great most of the time. Really enjoying it. If you like FPSs then its a no brainer to buy.
  17. May 27, 2012
    Campaign - One of the best campaigns out there if you like shooters. It starts off with a bang and you can even play with 3 other players for the campaign which makes the experience even more enjoyable. The campaign is about a team of Ghost (special forces) with a mission to stop a coup in Russia that killed another team of Ghost and to protect others around the world. The Ghost have to get warheads out of the wrong hands before it creates a global catastrophe. Throughout the game, you'll learn more about the characters and things get really intense. The campaign is about 9-12 hours long depending if you're playing alone or with friends. It is very entertaining and I find myself getting very addicted to the campaign alone. During the campaign, you get to use special gadgets such as the drones and sensor grenades. You also have the ability to use the body cloaking, sync shots, and Gunsmith to customize your weapon completely to your liking. Some missions require tactics, while others just require you to be a good shooter. The campaign for this had me looking at shooting games differently and better. It's just so creative and it took the developers a lot of hard work. 100/100(A+)

Graphics - Subpar. The developers could have done better. Only the cutscene graphics bother me. They look worst than the actual gameplay graphics. You will notice the distortion in the cutscene which makes the game look like an unfinished product. The actual gameplay graphics are vibrant and I prefer these graphics over other third-person shooters such as Gears of War 3 and Splinter Cell: Conviction. The blood shows off the graphics especially if it's a headshot. I suggest you set the brightness to a good position in the game's settings because that will make a significant difference. 90/100(A-)

Gameplay - The gameplay offers a tactical experience. This game has the best gameplay I have ever experienced. The cover system is the best cover system you can find in a game. This is tied with Battlefield 3 for best hit detection in a military game. Stealth kills are always fun. Especially when your character says "go to hell" while slitting the bad guy's throat. When you crouch or go prone, your character automatically cloaks and it looks beautiful. You can do certain things such as rolling on the ground while you're prone to get a hit on your enemy as a surprise. You cannot customize the controls to your liking, but none of my friends have a problem with the controls. I have 4 friends with this game. The sound is amazing and everything sounds realistic. When you first pop in the game, it installs some audio content for a better audio experience. I was blasting my surround sound. Also, in Guerilla Mode (survival) you are able to use kill skreaks. That is fun as well. 100/100(A+)

Multiplayer - Teamwork oriented multiplayer. There are 4 gamemodes and they are all objective based. There is not flatout team deathmatch or free for all, even though I wish there was. The character choices are riflemen, engineers and scouts. All have their specialties and different weapons they use. I prefer riflemen the most because they can take the most damage to the torso. The highest level is level 50 and you get credits for playing. Those credits can be used towards gun attacthments and equipment. The multiplayer actually takes skill, but it is still balanced. I got the Signature Edition from GameStop so I got the MK14 as a bonus for my riflemen and it's an amazing gun. The multiplayer goes up to 16 players online and has 10 maps. 95/100(A+)

Playing Time/Content: The campaign is lengthy, multiplayer is fun. and Guerilla Mode is fun as well. I will be spending a lot of time with this game and so will 4 of my friends. 100/100(A+)

Overall Score: 97/100(A+)

+ Co-Op campaign with up to 4 players
    + Co-Op survival with up to 4 players (2 player split-screen available)
    + Cover system
    + Gunsmith
    + Lengthy campaign
    + Sound
    - No split-screen co-op
    - No non-objective based multiplayer game modes
    - Quality of cutscenes
  18. Sep 10, 2013
    I'll keep it short Single player/Co-Op=very good action packed chest high wall hugging shooter Multiplayer=solid enough to last years and quite possible the best multiplayer shooter i've ever played Gameplay=very tight responsive reasonably balanced, also its fun to be the guy surpressing and the one getting surpressed Story=didnt pay too much attension to the story after the 6th mission and yet i dont feel as though i was missing out was to enthralled by the gamplay to care

Soundstrack=good

problems= all minor and dont take away from the overall experience

final verdict= 9/10 a must own for all shooter fans
  19. May 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A wonderful game, tactically sound, excellent graphics, great sound and a perfect mix, perhaps does not stand movies that left their mark but finally a game that usually differ from the standard canon of fps, which brings fresh air. If you would like fps games I highly recommend it. Expand
  20. May 22, 2012
    First off, do not try and put this game in the same category as MW or BF franchise. They are not the same style of game. GRFS is all about teamwork and co-op. Like all Tom Clancy games, the story line is focused, yet gives players the freedom of choice on how to approach each mission. You can setup coordinated attacks, choose multiple entrance points on how to approach different scenarios. This game is far more tactical than other shooters on the market. The think that might throw people off is the 3rd person perspective. If you enjoy games like Gears of War or other Ghost Recon games, then you will not be disappointed. Like almost every Tom Clancy game, this game is meant to be played with friends. Tom Clancy games have always been known for their great coop gameplay and GRFS definitely lives up to the Tom Clancy brand of gameplay in this regard. The single player experience is okay, but again, play the campaign with 3 friends and you'll have a much better experience.

Moving on to MP. This is the area that will leave some people disappointed or frustrated. If you enjoy the competitive multiplayer experience of Gears of War, you will have no issues adjusting to this. Some people hate the 3rd Person style of gameplay so this game will probably have you going back to BF3 or MW3. I however, enjoy both. BF3 is a game that is all about teamwork. GRFS is even more team oriented and going lone wolf at the wrong time can really hurt you AND your team. What I love about this MP experience is that everything you do that benefits your team is GREATLY rewarded. To give you an example, I finished a MP match with 1 kill and 6 deaths, however, I finished the match with the highest score in the entire match. How? I captured objectives, defended my teammates when they were capturing objectives (big points for this). When an objective was captured, I stayed within the radius of the objective and offered defense until the time expired...a big bonus for that as well. I also provided intel by dropping sensors and revealing the location of the enemies and let my teammates take care of them. Everything you do that helps your team is rewarded significantly higher than simply focusing on kills. I finished with more points than a guy with 18 kills. This game encourages teamwork, coordination, and approaching every combat situation with caution. The gameplay is fast paced and intense, but it is all about finding cover, covering your teammates and watching their back as they try and capture objectives. The best is if you stun and enemy, you can hack into his intel, revealing the location of his teammates, then finish him off. If you like a game where you can free roam, do your own thing, get a bunch of kills and not have the stress of worrying about watching your teammates back, or give support and cover to your team, then you might not enjoy this game. This game is for people who enjoy the grind of working as a team. One weak link on the team (weak link being a person who is off doing his own thing and not communicating with his squad) will ruin the chances of your team winning. If you like strategy and tactics mixed with fast paced action, then this game is for you.

Now onto customization. I actually love what Ubisoft did with the gunsmith feature. Most shooters today only allow you to customize the exterior features of a weapon system (scopes, muzzles, grip attachments, laser sites, etc.) GRFS takes this to the next level by allowing you to customize the internal components as well. You can customize the gas system in the gun, the trigger, the type of stock, etc. Everything has a tradeoff and there really is no right or wrong way to configure. If you want more control, you can unlock a gas system that slows down the fire rate as a tradeoff for better accuracy. Some stocks increase your speed in handling the weapon and making the gun lighter. Other stocks are heavier, slow you down, but give you better control and accuracy. Every attachment has a benefit and what I love is that there is a visual graph which shows you how your loadout is affecting your weapon. Usually the tradeoffs are control vs. maneuverability or fire rate vs. accuracy. Or weapon power vs. ease of control, so there is great balance. Each class is leveled up separately and there are 50+ levels with each class. When you hit level 50 with a class, you unlock another character to use in that class with different loadouts. So there is a potential of over 150 ranks to achieve if you level each class to the max. Overall this is a great game to play with friends and if you enjoy tactical shooters and strong emphasis towards coordination and working as a team, then once you get the hang of this game, you will love it.
  21. May 23, 2012
    First off, this game gets a rock solid thumbs up! It is an absolute breath of fresh air into the presently stifling realm of brainless charge-into-the-bullet-storm-because-i'm-1337DeltaDan Elite military rail shooters. If you have found COD and MOH to have become blase, at least rent Ghost Recon. The dynamics of play are a very welcome relief from the spastic run and gun action of those two titles. This being said, there are some issues present that prevent me from giving this game a 10 (actually, I'd rate it about an 8.5, but I have been a GR fan since the original PC release, so I'll round up to 9). Firstly, this game actually feels like you are working in conjunction with your AI team mates, who are 1. not retarded, and 2. not so incredibly awesome that they do all of the work for you (though I have heard complaints of that on the easy difficulty setting). Marking targets, and setting up synchronized shots for silent take downs are all thoroughly satisfying, and tense. That being said, it plays more like Republic Commando than Ghost Recon as you can't really give in depth team movement orders. That's splitting hairs though, since the mechanisms still play very smoothly, and fit the action well. The game play is very rewarding, with elements of stealth and all out gunfights. Try to run and gun like COD, you'll end up getting smoked quick fast and in a hurry. Utilize the impressive cover system, issue fire commands and maneuver onto the enemy, and you'll enjoy great success. It plays alot like Gears of War, but It is far more of a tactical thinker's shooter than COD or MOH, and the whole package is quite refreshing. There are PLENTY of situations where the best course of action is to watch, think, watch, mark, watch, and then attack with speed and fury.

Weapon customization is alot of fun, and actually DOES produce different results in your various weapons, though if you're like me, you'll tinker around till you've found 3 combinations or so that work for you, and then stick with them. Multiplayer is still fun, and keeps the ball rolling after the single player campaign (it is not very long, but nowhere near as short as some have accused it of being). Multiplayer is fun, but it doesn't really break too much new ground. That being said, if you're tired of the fast twitch games, give this a whirl. It's still quite fun and rewarding, though Guerrilla mode is just another wave after wave after wave grind fest as it is in every other game. My complaint is graphics. They look dated. The studio really should have taken another few months and polished this game some more. The charicter animations look great, and there are numerous instances of really well crafted tactical movements. You'll be patrolling admiring the great vast outdoor textures, and then move into a village and find alot of flat surfaces. That being said, Ghost Recon has ALWAYS gotten blasted on its graphics. EVERY installment has focused more on gameplay and presentation, and this is no exception. The graphics work, and they work well for their purpose, nothing flashy, but they still look good enough to get the job done. The graphics area I don't have much sympathy is the cinematics. I feel they don't need to be present at all for this type of game, but here they are! More importantly, they look terrible. The cinematic models are very stiff and wooden looking, comprable to games released in 2002 or 2003. Honestly, they tend to be between missions anyway, and really don't do too much to move things along aside from add some un-skipable filler dialogue, so they really could have been left on the cutting room floor. If you're going to do cinematics, make them really kick ass, or don't do them at all. The dev team really should have just omitted these. OVERALL: EXCELLENT game. It has wildly refreshing game play for those of us who have grown tired of the brainless run and gun. If you are looking for GREAT gameplay and are willing to forgo bleeding edge graphics, this is absolutely the game for you. Again, this is NOT COD, it is NOT MOH. It is a more in depth think-twice-shoot-once game, and is thoroughly satisfying. Good Job Red Storm, thank you for overcoming all of your hiccups and delivering a game that (while still kinda inspired by present day rail shooters) feels like a real breath of fresh air into an overpopulated genre. (although i still love me some BF3)
  22. May 22, 2012
    Graphics are top-notch for a console; combat feels smooth, cover system works very fun. The impressive suite of features and atypical approach to third-person pew-pew gives it an edge over many me-too action games. Its maps are designed to make players work for their kills, which makes them feel like they've truly earned each one.
  23. Jul 18, 2012
    The wait is over, the superb Ghost Recon series is back at full throttle with Future Soldier, another gadget filled masterpiece from the Tom Clancy & Ubisoft partnership.
    Being a big fan of all Ghost Recons to date I eagerly awaited the release of Ghost Recon Future Soldier, I was lucky to have had a sneak peak of the single player last September  at GAMEfest when an eager Matt
    Benson (Ubisoft UK Brand Manager) couldn Expand
  24. May 23, 2012
    Ghost recon future soldier!!!!The name of the game dictates it's playing style.The HUD looks cool and the magnetic sensor mode,drone,warhound are brilliant pieces of tech.It is a far better game than the COD's & Battlefields of the world.Also the campaign is well paced and lasts a whole lot longer than Cod's standard 5 hrs SP.Guerilla mode is fun to play and should be played in 4 player CO-OP.Competative multiplayer is not great,neither is it reckless fun,instead it is really cool to coordinate precision attacks over the headset.It actually rewards you for being stealthy.Overall not the best game in the market,but easily a shooter worth giving COD a run for it's money. Expand
  25. May 27, 2012
    Very impressed by the game and while I would agree that the graphics don't blow me away all the time the core fun and strategy of the game could not be much better. Not since the first SOCOM games have I felt like such a badass strategy killing special operator. Thanks Ubisoft I cannot wait to see the next generation Ghost recon that is most likely inevitably going to come!
  26. Jun 4, 2012
    Fantastic game. Campaign reminds me of the old SOCOM games (1,2, & 3): very tactical and serious. The multiplayer is addictive and tactical as well. If you want a tactical TPS, look no further.
  27. Jun 22, 2012
    This is the most solid third person, tactical shooter that I can think of on this generation of consoles. The game plays like a mix between Battlefield 3 and Gears of War and is really deserving of more recognition than it has. I've never been a fan of the Ghost Recon series until this game, but this game just does it for me so well. The controls are fantastic, cover system is great, and really the only complaints I have is that the cutscene graphics aren't as well done as the in game graphics, but mostly I consider that a plus really, the second one is that the servers aren't the best for multiplayer, but in my eyes the core review of the game shouldn't be too effected by laggy servers. May not have split-screen co-op, but guess what 99% of the games this generation don't have split-screen co-op so that's not really a huge deal to me. Definitely a buy Expand
  28. May 22, 2012
    Great game, alot of content. f you want a game that keeps you busy this summer and still have time to spend with friends and family GRFS is for you. it haves the perfevt balence in complexity and simplenes.
    while gamers that are used to FPS are going to have a hard time with this. after finishing the 10 or more hour campaing, you should be ready for MP. good clan managment. good ping.
    all
    perfect. but no matter what the game is, theres still going to be people learning to play or just people who are dumb as bricks Expand
  29. May 22, 2012
    A really surprise for me.Better than CoD or Battlefield if you like tactic and playing coop. Best shooter of the year ? Graphics are cool. Music and sound too. gameplay is really brillant. I finished the campaign in 11 hours. (and i don't understand how we can finish the campaign in 3 hours... but why not ). difficulty is well tuned but play in elite if you want challenge.
  30. May 22, 2012
    Game is awesome once again!! Multiplayer is the best ever. Great graphics, gamrplay and replay value! Must buy.. This game is not for cod run and gun fans.
  31. May 22, 2012
    The best military shooter I played.
    A very long campaign mode and playable with 3 other guys, a very good guerilla mode, and a good adversarial mode.
    I'm strongly recommand it !!!
  32. May 26, 2012
    Best tps since a very long time. Graphics are awsome, maybe the engine is not top notch but the overall feeling is great. Lighting and sfx deserve a special award. Campaign is well paced, multiplayer is fun and more challenging (way more than any cod or bf) and guerilla is is a bonus but an amazing one. I didn't play the previous ghost recon but now I'm waiting for the next one. Hope you'll enjoy this game as I do! Expand
  33. May 26, 2012
    Campaign is very good and very entertaining and the co-op mode is very good. Multiplayer has a lot of content but has some issues and needs to be fixed but this game is very worth it so pick it up.
  34. May 27, 2012
    Huge scope + Nice break from the leading shooter + Incredible character control and animations + cool AI TM8 + pleasant multiplayer game = really good game!
  35. May 22, 2012
    This game truly is a work of art. High detail, fun to play, decent campaign, and more. Reminds me of the old SOCOM games, and no doubt that those games were great.
  36. May 22, 2012
    The game so far is pretty good I'm only on the Third Mission but no matter what Ubisoft knows how to make a Ghost Recon game. I'm not pointing any fingers (missledragon) must have been playing on easy and walking through walls to beat the game in 3 hours because on Elite it wont be 3hrs worth of game-play Giving the Game a (ZERO) is just not right he or shes opinion to me is a waste of space on here. Expand
  37. May 22, 2012
    Picked this up earlier today, been playing for a couple hours and absolutely love it. Great change from COD and the BF Games. Fun Multiplayer and Story, defiantly pick this one up
  38. May 23, 2012
    i really like GRFS because of how realistic it is. you dont need half a mag to kill a person, headshots are instant kills, and there is a lot of teamwork integrated into the game. and thats just competitive MP. guerrilla mode is a boat load of fun, and the campaign is super fun, especially with 3 other friends to play with. the audio is great, the gun smith is really cool, and the progression in multiplayer is awesome. the only problem i have is facial expressions during cutscenes, but that isnt even that noticeable to me. you should totally get this game, it is freaking mint Expand
  39. May 23, 2012
    AWESOME Game. I have been waiting for the next Ghost Recon for over 4 years. Ubisoft has delivered once again. It's nice to play a shooter where you actually have to use your brains. The graphics are fantastic, the controls are excellent and the sound....amazing! I haven't had a chance to play multiplayer yet, but i am strongly looking forward to it. Good start to the year Ubi!
  40. May 23, 2012
    First off let me say I truly love this game for what it is, a game that has tried as hard as possible to stick to its roots while living in a society where there is so much pressure to make games like COD and Battlefield. You can't get made at UbiSoft for these minor changes to conform to what the majority of gamers buy. A company is not gonna spend millions of dollars to make a game that isn't gonna sell in a market created by us the gamers which is willing to shell out billions to buy pop shot shooters like COD. This game is not perfect but in no way is it deserving of 4's and 0's. Don't listen to the reviews saying it's not tactical or it doesn't revolve on teamwork. This game highly rewards the team player. Oh and one final note Gunsmith is the finest weapons customization system made simply for the fact that you can instantly try you desired part on the range before you spend your hard earned points on them. Does this game deserve a 10 no but it's getting one from me to help curb the unfair average all the unrealistic gamers have given it. Expand
  41. May 24, 2012
    Simply put. It's the best of what military shooters have to offer. Tactical decisions are important but with the focus on intel they are manageable and not frustrating. It's extremely rewarding to think of a plan to tackle the situation and emerge victorious. Great single player campaign and even greater coop and adversarial multiplayer. Anyone that complains about this masterfully crafted game is a CoD kid that knows no better than running and gunning. Expand
  42. May 24, 2012
    Future Soldier stands apart from the previous installments, but not in a bad way. The campaign is well scripted and fun to play through, and the controls aren't terrible at all (It took me awhile to get used to the controls after playing BF3). Audio is great and gun-play is fantastic, gunsmith allows you to tailor guns to your liking changing not only their physical appearance and how you sight you targets but how they physically handle which allows for some interesting tinkering that allows you to tailor the same gun for multiple roles. Split screen is less than desirable as it doesn't even have the two perspectives take up the entire screen and limits your HUD. System link is the way to go especially if you don't have a stable internet connection. That was just my two-sense, its a good game, honestly, these people that give it a 0 for minor flaws like enemies not shooting you fast enough? Doesn't strike me as a flaw but your optical camo doing its job. Rent the game if your not sure, if you have some friends it'd be a good buy. Again this isn't the original ghost recon, they were good games but this is streamlined more for a wider audience its fun but stands apart from its predecessors. And again rent the damn thing to find out for yourself lol Expand
  43. May 24, 2012
    There are some parts of the game that could of used a bit more polish, but when you get into the co-op campaign, the fast arcade-like feel of guerrilla, and the extremely fun, extremely fun, I mean extremely fun multiplayer, the purchase is very worth it. Go buy it, enjoy it, I give it two thumbs up... and two toes too.
  44. May 24, 2012
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier is an impressive game amongst a horde of rehashed run and gun shooters. The controls and cover system which has been in use for years by many Ubisoft titles such as Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six and GR is a big plus in my personal opinion of what should be standard in a FPS. The fact that both Batlefield and MW titles lack cover controls and prone position is ridiculous. The graphics are also superior to BF3 and MW3 in my opinion. I still believe that Rainbow Six Vegas 2 ( a 4 year old game) is a more polished, full featured tactical FPS game than anything put out by Dice or Infinity Ward to date. (Try it if you havent yet... graphics are getting dated but gameplay is superior!) I will agree that Future Soldier is lacking in the multiplayer arena. I played a few rounds, and noticed the controls feel a little clunky, and the maps are dull and remind me of Modern Warfare chaos with no purpose. For the best online multiplayer, BF2 is still the king. Overall I am really enjoying Future Soldiers campaign in a time when most FPS games are published with horrible single player action. Worth your 60.00. Expand
  45. Jun 10, 2012
    An awesome campaign ( also playable in 4-coop! ) + a fantastic guerrilla mode ( GRFS Horde ) + a funny and tactical multiplayer ( great but a little boring ) : Buy it !
    The gameplay's awesome and a lot tactical, different from CoD or BF; this is the new generation of military third person shooter!
  46. May 25, 2012
    I love this game ! The control are the best controls in any shooter, the cover system is fantastic !
    The campaign is longer than most other games ( I made it in 15 hours ), the teammate AI is really outstanding.
    Add to this the guerilla and the very good multiplayer part, this is really the shooter of the year !
  47. May 26, 2012
    Simply put this game fixes the problem with this generation of shooters. The ability for anyone to step up and play games. To be good at this games campaign just takes trail and error, however the meat of this game is the gorilla mode and the multiplayer.
  48. May 27, 2012
    The only tactical shooter you will ever need ghost recon proves that there are more to shooters than running and gunning or working alone the tactical team play is where ghost recon shines if you are a tactical player and you want a fun co-op game then ghost recon is the game for you!go on now pick it up
  49. Jul 17, 2012
    The gameplay is really smooth, the action is almost non-stop (talking about both single-player and multiplayer), and as most players should have realized by now, the multiplayer is not like Call of Duty but more similar to Battlefield where teamwork is crucial to winning. There are a few technical problems that does affect the players regarding the network service quality such as once in a while unstable servers, not being able to join games that already started with parties, long host-migration transitions, etc. However, these problems should be fixed by the time the new DLC Arctic Strike comes out and a large amounts of problems have to do with the user's own internet problems and faults Expand
  50. Aug 6, 2013
    Dudes this game is awesome i like it because of the tactic. It has not the best graphics but ok who cares? the game is fun. And to all noobs who dont read the controls, next time read them before saying it doesnt work or that its no realy aiming but just hip fire, well thats because u didnt read the controls it comes with the game. well ive glitches to like weird killcams (they shot in the wal and then i died in my spawn) and teammates kills or flashes me because they are idiots. that is what ruining the game, it are the players not the game. btw there is a teamdeathmatch in the dlc. Btw they graphics from cod are also bad and i didnt like the campaign. It was almost the same. cod is every year the same anybody complaining, no Expand
  51. Jun 25, 2012
    Tactical and interesting. Definetely not one of those 3rd person shooters that you can run and gun. Taking your time and moving stealthily through the maps is paramount if you want to survive. The game keeps you challenged forcing you to examine the situation before rushing in. Your soldier has many futuristic gadgets to boot and help you track enemy movements and reek havoc on your enemies. I won't lie it is very satisfying when your plan comes to together and you take down all enemies without them know what hit them. I found multiplayer lacking seeing as it is mostly a co operative experience. Overall the game is solid but multiplayer and the story are lacking. Collapse

1. Aug 3, 2012
    A tactical shooter with focus on stealth and teamwork. Buy it for the multiplayer modes and play with a team of friends, as the campaign is missing a large portion of the Ghost Recon-identity.
  2. Jul 19, 2012
    A surprisingly engaging campaign with a slew of co-op options, let down by okay graphics and inconsistent connectivity. Get some. [Aug 2012, p.66]
    So what did I think of my first Ghost Recon experience? Well, I think it did a lot of things well. Despite lacking any kind of coherent plot, Future Soldier's campaign had the hooks in me and I couldn't help but finish it off, despite having no interest in the pay-off. Chalk this up to a great combat system and some pretty satisfying stealth segments.