5.5

1. Apr 7, 2011
    Wow!I have played EVERY tony hawk game from the ps1 to the dreamcast ,xbox and now 360 and I have to tell you that there has never been a skateboarding game this amazing and flawless like this game!Skate what,give me a break, that game is full of BORING and they will never have a game that beats this game.Sorry EA but this game tops all of your attempts and I'm writing this review now 4-11Wow!I have played EVERY tony hawk game from the ps1 to the dreamcast ,xbox and now 360 and I have to tell you that there has never been a skateboarding game this amazing and flawless like this game!Skate what,give me a break, that game is full of BORING and they will never have a game that beats this game.Sorry EA but this game tops all of your attempts and I'm writing this review now 4-11 and skate 3 is out and I still go back to this game to compare, and it doesn't win ,not even close.Yeah "Ride" and "shred" sucks,they do but project 8 and proving ground are unbelievably awesome!Actually the more time that goes by,the better this game gets!Skate 2 has it's moments but this game just goes all out and blows me away.When you get a certain game so perfect there is nothing more you can do but go down hill like "ride" and "shred.Like nba 2k11,it's perfect and there is no way 2k will top it,you'll see, that's my point.So to who ever reads this and hasn't played this game go out and get it because your schedule will change, because it's been 4 years and I'm still playing the heck out of it! 10! Expand
  2. WadeC.
    Oct 17, 2007
    After playing the greatly anticipated game SkATE from EA, THPG appears to lack in all areas. Being an addict of the early Tony Hawk series, this appears to be more of the same. How the game was even allowed to be released is beyond me.
  3. NickD.
    Oct 19, 2007
    This is a great game. It has greatly improved since THP8. You can stream from single player to online play quite easily and customization options are pretty good. Building your own park in your lounge is a fun bonus too. It's a long game with some difficult achievements that will take some time to get. This is definately a great sequel to the series.
  4. RobertJ.
    Nov 8, 2007
    More of an exercise in anger management than a video game. the challengers are frustrating, the controls feel off and while the levels are good, it's actually unlocking this that makes me want to throw large objects at the screen.
  5. MarieS.
    Oct 17, 2007
    When you break it down, EA's game is a Sim and Activision's game is Arcade. I own both and I enjoy both, but for different reasons. This one does offer a "create-a-park-esque" system of rigging, which is really cool, because you can put skate pieces (rails, kickers, etc...)anywhere, which is one thing I really like that Skate didn't have. This game is really good!
  6. IanI.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Adding a video editor doesn't make it a new game. If you bought all the TH games up till now chances are nothing will stop you from getting this one, the bottom line is its almost identical to all the other Tony Hawk games that have been made in recent years which is fine except that it is incredibly lacking in the graphics department and as a next gen sequal to a regular series that Adding a video editor doesn't make it a new game. If you bought all the TH games up till now chances are nothing will stop you from getting this one, the bottom line is its almost identical to all the other Tony Hawk games that have been made in recent years which is fine except that it is incredibly lacking in the graphics department and as a next gen sequal to a regular series that truly is the bread and butter...TH games are becoming more and more like sports games...nothing realy changes from year to year but a slight graphical upgrade...only that upgrade is extreamly deficiant here. Expand
  7. BlakeB.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Biggest disappointment. THPG is by far the worst TH game since Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. I dont know how else to say this game is the biggest waste of time and money.
  8. KevinR.
    Oct 19, 2007
    A hugely disappointing entry into the Tony Hawk franchise. They can't seem to decide whether or not they want an actual story or just some generic skateboarding, and it doesn't help that the games are becoming far too easy.
  9. JobA.
    Dec 19, 2007
    This game is truly incredible.The last Tony Hawk project 8 was great but this just tops it with no doubt.Everyone is talking "Skate" this and "Skate" that and that game cant even compare to this game.It is a completely different game to begin with.That game is basically a simulation of skate boarding.Its a very boring game and I played it for 2 hours and I returned it the same day.Tony This game is truly incredible.The last Tony Hawk project 8 was great but this just tops it with no doubt.Everyone is talking "Skate" this and "Skate" that and that game cant even compare to this game.It is a completely different game to begin with.That game is basically a simulation of skate boarding.Its a very boring game and I played it for 2 hours and I returned it the same day.Tony Hawk's Proving Ground just has so many things to do and it never feels repetitive.It is basically Project 8 with smoother game play and much more to do.For everyone reading this I recommend that you go right away and pick it up cause it is a just about as perfect as you can get for skate boarding.I do not see how they will top this next year,but I'll be waiting to find out.I score it a 9.6. Expand
  10. TomW
    Dec 22, 2008
    i will admit this, its a good game its fun, but...some parts are way too hard and causes frustration. I have all Tony Hawk games and by far, THPG is the worst, it doesn't even have a diffuculty setting like beginner, easy, normal or sick, so if your looking for a hard challenge and want frustration, then buy it, but i regret buying it.
  11. Jan 18, 2013
    The story is forgettable and the lack of create a park or a decent skater remains. The game forces you to choose between 3 abilities in the form of being able to place items down to make new lines, something with climbing I think, and something else. The rest of the game was a jumbled mess that I enjoyed only slightly more then Project 8, but on these Proving Grounds Activision only provedThe story is forgettable and the lack of create a park or a decent skater remains. The game forces you to choose between 3 abilities in the form of being able to place items down to make new lines, something with climbing I think, and something else. The rest of the game was a jumbled mess that I enjoyed only slightly more then Project 8, but on these Proving Grounds Activision only proved that they don't know what they are doing. Expand
  12. Aug 7, 2014
    I didn't like it at all... Much worse than tony half underground remix 2 ....................................... This is to make up the 150 characters

1. Solid gameplay, which you'd expect at this point in the series' life, but it just doesn't bring enough new or innovative features to keep you interested, especially with a competitor as good as skate.
  2. The addition of the new Aggro Kick, which lets you build up speed with timed button presses, is pure genius. Having the ability to smoothly go online and enjoy multiplayer is absolutely fantastic, but the single-player experience is more chore than score, and brings down the whole experience because of its uninspired design.
  3. I spend so much time criticizing this game only because the core mechanics are so good.