8.6

1. benbob
    Sep 30, 2009
    this is AWESOME. i'm not an impulse buyer, quite the opposite. but played the demo and bought it. 3 hours later (at 2am) i finally managed to get the controller out of my hand. this game is so addictive. BUY IT!
  2. CharlesTheCheeseman
    Nov 10, 2009
    This is an extremely fun game at the early stages, and an incredibly frustrating game at the later stages. The physics are excellent, the skill games are extremely fun and challenging, but the campaign game play becomes so challenging that it almost takes away the fun of the racing. This is a near perfect game, but the difficulty of the later levels keeps this from being a 10.
  3. Aug 18, 2010
    Trials HD is a superb quality production of a game. It contains all the landmark features of a masterpiece, the old; easy to learn - hard to master and addictive game-play techniques are sprung instantly upon your first few minutes of playing the game. You'll soon learn that although the mechanics at first appear simple, the three buttons you have at your arsenal are going to drive youTrials HD is a superb quality production of a game. It contains all the landmark features of a masterpiece, the old; easy to learn - hard to master and addictive game-play techniques are sprung instantly upon your first few minutes of playing the game. You'll soon learn that although the mechanics at first appear simple, the three buttons you have at your arsenal are going to drive you insane, in a good way, as you will have to perfect your skills to complete the later - much harder levels.

You do not have to be interested in motocross or motorbikes at all, before long you will be only interested in beating your own times (and all your mates) by split seconds attempts to shave time off jumps, tricks and flips for bragging rights.

The basic concept is to get from the start of a level, ride from left to right to the finish line. The way in which you must do this revolves from the right trigger (acceleration from rear wheel), left trigger (brake) and the left analogue stick controls the riders posture (the basis for all bunny hops, lands and flips, you will depend on this for better times).

There's a catch, however, as once the beginner mode is over it's onto harder times. There is also a track editor, where it is possible to make anything that has already been made by the Trials HD staff, but with your own creativity thrown in - these can be played via friends on XBOX LIVE. A replay mode for the best 5000 scores on every level, customizable colours for your bike and rider, skills mode for interesting game-play mechanics, endurance tournaments, DLC (Big Pack), and soon to be released DLC Big Thrills.

Bang for buck this game far outweighs anything I've yet to discover on XBOX LIVE Arcade - and competes against retail games for fun, depth, re-playability and price.

A must buy for all Xbox Live members.
  4. Mar 12, 2013
    As with many of Xbox Live arcades best games Trials HD takes a simple concept and produces an addictive downloadable title. In this case that simple concept involves traversing a motorcycle obstacle course within a set time limit. As one would expect this becomes increasingly difficult as the game progresses and the later levels will challenge even the most skilled of gamers. The veryAs with many of Xbox Live arcades best games Trials HD takes a simple concept and produces an addictive downloadable title. In this case that simple concept involves traversing a motorcycle obstacle course within a set time limit. As one would expect this becomes increasingly difficult as the game progresses and the later levels will challenge even the most skilled of gamers. The very definition of ‘just one more go’ gaming. Expand
  5. Sean
    Sep 17, 2009
    Game is crazy addictive, worth the 1200 ms points for sure. Best XBLA game I've played since Braid.
  6. QcC
    Aug 12, 2009
    This game is pure genius! The level editor will allow for hundreds, even thousands of tracks in the game's lifetime. Physics are everywhere, explosions, painful deaths, ludicrous minigames, leaderboards & replays, kickass graphics and superb lighting and particle effects. This game has it all, it's simple to learn yet insanely hard to master. It's one of a kind on XBLA, and This game is pure genius! The level editor will allow for hundreds, even thousands of tracks in the game's lifetime. Physics are everywhere, explosions, painful deaths, ludicrous minigames, leaderboards & replays, kickass graphics and superb lighting and particle effects. This game has it all, it's simple to learn yet insanely hard to master. It's one of a kind on XBLA, and it's a must own title. Expand
  7. AndyD.
    Aug 14, 2009
    It's described like an old 8bit kick start computer game and yes that's right and that's why its so good and so much fun, need more like this to takeover what has become of the boring trend of recently released full price lets go for online playability or achievement based gameplay only!!!
  8. ApocalypseBrown
    Sep 12, 2009
    For ultimately a game that costs 1200 xbox live points, this is close to perfection. Addictive, challenging, and most of all extreme fun are a hallmarks of a classic game, which this almost is. The physics work extremely well, and you almost feel like your the faceless rider either achieve his goals or falling to incredible pain. Can't wait for down loadable content to flesh the game For ultimately a game that costs 1200 xbox live points, this is close to perfection. Addictive, challenging, and most of all extreme fun are a hallmarks of a classic game, which this almost is. The physics work extremely well, and you almost feel like your the faceless rider either achieve his goals or falling to incredible pain. Can't wait for down loadable content to flesh the game out a bit more, other than that I say this challenges Battlefield 1943 for down loadable content of the year! Expand
  9. GrantS
    Aug 12, 2009
    Game is amazing. One of the best purchases hands down (although I didn't like the idea of how much it cost- I tried the demo and was sold. TONS of replay value!). Difficulty ramps up- but so does the sense of satisfaction. Play the demo now, people- you'll buy it shortly thereafter, I'm sure.
  10. JohnF.
    Aug 15, 2009
    Trials HD is a cool game that is worth the 1200 points. It is fun to play, simple to learn but very difficult to master. The difficulty is actually the game's main flaw. Don't get me wrong -- difficulty in itself isn't usually something that is a flaw in my mind, but in the case of Trials HD, the difficulty jumps very high with the later tracks, and it feels like a Trials HD is a cool game that is worth the 1200 points. It is fun to play, simple to learn but very difficult to master. The difficulty is actually the game's main flaw. Don't get me wrong -- difficulty in itself isn't usually something that is a flaw in my mind, but in the case of Trials HD, the difficulty jumps very high with the later tracks, and it feels like a different game than when you first started because of it. Trials HD is at its best when you are able to fly through the tracks at high speed, but with the later tracks, the obstacles are so numerous and extreme that you can't do that unless you're uber. The checkpoints are very forgiving as they are often very close to the obstacle you are trying to clear, so you still could be able to complete many of the harder tracks in a matter of minutes. But the game slows down a lot as you proceed further on, and I thought it was better at high speed. Still, the game is good quality and should give you enough to do to make it worth your money, especially if you want to try and get all the medals and achievements -- something that is NOT easy. Expand
  11. JeffL
    Sep 16, 2009
    Simply one of the most addictive games I have ever played. And by far one of the most fun.
  12. Aug 12, 2010
    This game is absolutely brilliant. Addictive, fun there's nothing about it to not like, an absolute must buy for anyone and everyone. I think it is possibly one of the best games on XBLA. The controls work perfectly, the graphics are surprisingly good considering it's 2D, one of the best games i have ever played.
  13. Oct 17, 2010
    This game is remarkably fun and also insanely challenging. If you are on the fence about this game due to seeing some rather bland screenshots somewhere, do yourself a favor and just buy it and play. The physics of the bikes is amazing, and the controls are tight as can be. I actually just bought an add-on pack for this game in order to race some additional tracks.
  14. Mar 24, 2012
    This is the best game I have ever played so far. I really mean this. Maybe it is not suitable for beginners or very casual players because it really needs some skill. Have to say that I hate motorbikes thought. Which is strange but that just shows how good this game is. :-)
  15. Feb 19, 2011
    The game is truly one of the best Arcade games I've seen in my life.
    Stunning graphics, excellent gameplay, great music, and has a variety of settings and amazing motorcycles.
    The free modes are amazing and funny bestiality again, albeit with a very small portion of bloodshed.
    Also not hard (1200 MSP) compared to what it entails.
    My note was undoubtedly a resounding and well deserved 9 .
  16. May 7, 2011
    Trials HD is an enjoyable XBLA game. Its best aspect is its physics that will have players imagining how to navigate their motorbikes long after they put the controller down. Tracks are diverse, even amusing at times and always fun to play. Online leaderboards are a great incentive to keep playing. However, there is a steep difficulty curve particularly in the transition from medium toTrials HD is an enjoyable XBLA game. Its best aspect is its physics that will have players imagining how to navigate their motorbikes long after they put the controller down. Tracks are diverse, even amusing at times and always fun to play. Online leaderboards are a great incentive to keep playing. However, there is a steep difficulty curve particularly in the transition from medium to hard tracks. This means that many players wont even reach many levels which is a shame. Enjoyment soon turns to frustration from failure after failure. Overall though, Trials HD is a worthy addition to any XBLA library. Expand
  17. Jun 17, 2011
    No mustard on my review. I bought this game over a year ago and have since put, no kidding, over 500 hours into it. Usually racing games and sports game don't really do it for me at all, but this...I mean, come on. Every little thing you succeed in with this game will bump you up the leader board, which is by far the most addictive part about it. If you get a bronze medal in a track,No mustard on my review. I bought this game over a year ago and have since put, no kidding, over 500 hours into it. Usually racing games and sports game don't really do it for me at all, but this...I mean, come on. Every little thing you succeed in with this game will bump you up the leader board, which is by far the most addictive part about it. If you get a bronze medal in a track, go for silver. Got a silver, go for gold, then platinum, then just try to get better than everyone else in the world. The physics are perfect. The track design, at its best is brilliant, especially in Big Thrills DLC (all user-created tracks, of which the built-in editor allows for amazing creations). This game will frustrate those who can't appreciate it, but to those who can, welcome to hours upon hours of mind-numbing fun. Expand
  18. Apr 7, 2011
    Its a really cool little arcade game, great graphics lots of tracks and an editor too. This game really provides you with a challenge once you get into the harder courses. The only thing I see this game needs is some more polishing on the physics on some bikes making some courses a nightmare. Other than that its a great little game.
  19. Aug 24, 2011
    Freaking fun, this is one of the games that it's hard but innovates by the big joy it offers. In a list of the top most downloadable games Trials HD is a most own tittle along with Limbo, Toy Soldiers etc.
  20. Oct 14, 2011
    One of the best games on XBLA PERIOD. Easy to learn, fun to play and difficult to master. Challenging difficulty levels, different tournaments, online leaderboards and a track editor/creator make this a must buy for all xbox360 owners.
  21. Jun 11, 2011
    Trials HD is an excellent physics bases trials racing game - With it's in-game track editor and huge learning curve the game has an infinite replay value
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    A time-waster among time-wasters! But here, that's no bad thing...

A time-waster among time-wasters! But here, that's no bad thing...

The controls are simplicity itself (accelerate, brake, tilt forwards & backwards) but don't let that fool you - there are hours of perfecting techniques and infinitesimal adjustments to tilting the bike that will keep you on your toes. Coupled with the fact that you can replay almost instantly, and you can see where your friends were at the same time on any given course, and this is one the most addictive games you're ever likely to play.

So, one more go anyone?
  23. Feb 3, 2012
    Trials HD is one of the best, as well as one of my favorite games that I have ever played. I have had it over 2 years now and it has gotten to the point where I have all the achievements and metals and the record on every track compared to all of my friends, yet i still find myself coming back and playing it nearly every day. On top of the fun to play tracks, the replay system lets youTrials HD is one of the best, as well as one of my favorite games that I have ever played. I have had it over 2 years now and it has gotten to the point where I have all the achievements and metals and the record on every track compared to all of my friends, yet i still find myself coming back and playing it nearly every day. On top of the fun to play tracks, the replay system lets you watch the top people in the world and see how they do things and can even teach you things you didn't know, or faster routes or even if you've never been able to complete a track, how to finish it off. Then sense of satisfaction from beating a track or your friends times is endless. Even now being under 600th in the world at this game, i still just want to beat my own times and move up the leaderboards. This game is endless fun and has so much to do and so much to improve no matter what skill level you are. This games is a must play, if you don't have it by now, PLAY THE DEMO and buy this amazing XBLA game! Expand
  24. Apr 18, 2012
    Trials HD is one of the most better XBLA games of Microsoft, is funny, addictive, interesting. The graphics are awesome, the gameplay, wow, is really powerful. All the game is amazing. Trials HD is one of the most better options on XBLA.
  25. May 17, 2013
    This is probably one of my favorite games ever. I play almost everyday, I actually hold some of the top record in trials evolution. Look me up, King Krai. I am 200 something for the big air challenge. Trials HD and Evo are epic games. I jam Race Bike Wipeout on the go now because it's essentially the iVersion of the game. I think I have issues with making imaginary people crash and rag doll..
  26. Jun 3, 2013
    When it comes to addictive gameplay, Trials is one of the first games that comes to mind. It's easy to pick up and play a few quick levels, or you can focus on spending time conquering the harder ones. The smooth controls, over-the-top sets and hilarious deaths make for a fun time. In addition to the main series of levels, there are side challenges that are equally as fun and a nice changeWhen it comes to addictive gameplay, Trials is one of the first games that comes to mind. It's easy to pick up and play a few quick levels, or you can focus on spending time conquering the harder ones. The smooth controls, over-the-top sets and hilarious deaths make for a fun time. In addition to the main series of levels, there are side challenges that are equally as fun and a nice change of pace. You won't regret buying it. Expand
  27. Dec 15, 2013
    I loved trials ever since it came out. I am giving it a solid 8 because I can't tell you how many countless frustrating hours I spent trying to finish the extra games on it. The game was innovative an original. I liked competing against my friends scores or taking turns trying to beat the impossible levels. Hours of entertainment in my home all thanks to Trials HD. Good Job redlynx
  28. Jan 26, 2014
    A great addictive game with a fantastic physics engine and a fun selection of mini games, the more challenging maps will keep you playing for a long time but can be very frustrating.
  29. Nov 23, 2014
    Great, endless fun with hilarious ragdoll physics that will leave you chuckling as your player is 'twerking' while in the ground. Apart from that, this is a great, simple and challenging game!

1. It may be a PC favourite, but the 360 community needs to get educated about this - and sharpish. [Sept 2009, p.82]
  2. It's wonderfully designed, justifies the price, and may end up being the best thing on Xbox Live Arcade all year. If you're in any doubt, there's even a trial version. Thud.
  3. Trials HD is an incredibly solid game. It's fast, fun and has a really good design. With lots of extras and some challenges for the most expert gamers, its price (1200 MS Points) make it a really good investment.