7.3

1. Nov 26, 2012
    Trine 2 is a beautiful game. With great character models, environments, and music; it is a real pleasure to the senses. Watch a high quality youtube video of it and you'll see for yourself how well the vibrant painting-like art style brings the game to life. There is also a good dose of humor spread throughout the game. Trine 2 is a puzzle platformer with light RPG elements (you levelTrine 2 is a beautiful game. With great character models, environments, and music; it is a real pleasure to the senses. Watch a high quality youtube video of it and you'll see for yourself how well the vibrant painting-like art style brings the game to life. There is also a good dose of humor spread throughout the game. Trine 2 is a puzzle platformer with light RPG elements (you level up and choose what moves you want to unlock from a somewhat limited skill tree). There are 3 playable characters and whether you're playing by yourself or with 2 other friends (local or Live) you can swap between the 3 at any time. Each character has unique abilities and each is necessary to get through the levels. If you legitimately try to solve the puzzles, they can be pretty difficult at times. However, most of the time you can simply exploit the wizards abilities to get across the gaps. This game is definitely at its best when played with friends, especially local. With the uniqueness of the 3 playable characters everyone playing has to pull their weight, which often times leads to some pretty funny moments when someone messes up. If you've played all the way through Trine 1 there really isn't a whole lot new with Trine 2, it's just a more refined product. Trine 2 is also a bit longer than I expected and did start to get somewhat dull in the later 1/3 of the game, until the great looking final boss. It would have benefited greatly from having more bosses like the final boss. However, despite those minors drawbacks, this game is well worth the price of admission and is A MUST if available at a discount. Great atmosphere, great co-op, and some pretty good humor make this a nice little gem. 8/10 Expand
  2. Dec 26, 2011
    It is one of the most beautiful games that I've seen, gameplay is very good and the soundtrack is fantastic!

I recommend to anyone who likes platform-style games. Fun!
  3. Dec 30, 2011
    I was just so happy that there is a platformer that has grown-up, most independent developers seem to go for the "retro" look and I just don't appreciate it.

This is because when I was growing up they werenâ
  4. Dec 29, 2011
    Graphics , Game-play and climate of the game are AMAZING !!! I very enjoyed the game ! And soundtrack is just Fantastic :D I highly recommend this game !!!
  5. Mar 13, 2012
    The game has a beautiful sense of story telling and dialog. The graphics are very artistic and seem to flow well between characters, monsters, environment, and animations. The only place I found lacking was the gameplay itself. Don't get me wrong the puzzles and how to solve them are fun but the controls and how you interact with the world can be rather sluggish. This could be the consoleThe game has a beautiful sense of story telling and dialog. The graphics are very artistic and seem to flow well between characters, monsters, environment, and animations. The only place I found lacking was the gameplay itself. Don't get me wrong the puzzles and how to solve them are fun but the controls and how you interact with the world can be rather sluggish. This could be the console controls however the PC controls don't seem any more enticing. Expand

1. Feb 27, 2012
    While the original Trine proved that a great side scrolling puzzle platformer can still be every bit as enjoyable as most games today, Trine 2 takes those wonderful qualities and injects new innovations and enhances the strengths of its predecessor.
  2. Trine 2 is a vivid and stunning game that spins the colour wheel on nature. It's completely absorbing as a single-player experience and bawdy puzzle fun with company. Just remember to turn on the unlimited mode and get stuck in.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK