Two Worlds II Xbox 360

6.6

1. Nov 24, 2013
    Trash this game was so pathetic that it was so easy to die, it was fun jumping of cliffs and stuff. If you like adventure games and don't like doing the quests or storys and just like to explore this is right for you just be prepared to die.... I cant even believe they released this game....

Maki
  2. Aug 17, 2012
    6.4 out of 10. At the first hours, I was pretty excited about the game and I couldn't stop playing it. But after a while the concept actually looked kinda empty, Two Worlds 2 isn't the kind of RPG that will keep throwing side quests at you, for some reason many monsters monsters doesn't respawn and the dialogue with NPCs should have had more options. These things made me disappointed about6.4 out of 10. At the first hours, I was pretty excited about the game and I couldn't stop playing it. But after a while the concept actually looked kinda empty, Two Worlds 2 isn't the kind of RPG that will keep throwing side quests at you, for some reason many monsters monsters doesn't respawn and the dialogue with NPCs should have had more options. These things made me disappointed about the game, but I still liked the fast loading screens and the magic system. Try seeing if it works for you before buying if you want to. Expand
  3. Mar 18, 2011
    This is a tough one to review. I really wanted to like it but sometimes it was fun and sometimes it was boring and repetitious. I love a good RPG and try all of them. This game should have been better with games like Oblivion created years ago as an example of what to do right. Using today's tech I had hoped Two Worlds II would have been incredible. It was lackluster. It's worth trying ifThis is a tough one to review. I really wanted to like it but sometimes it was fun and sometimes it was boring and repetitious. I love a good RPG and try all of them. This game should have been better with games like Oblivion created years ago as an example of what to do right. Using today's tech I had hoped Two Worlds II would have been incredible. It was lackluster. It's worth trying if you can get it for $30.00. Not for $60.00 though. I do hold out hope that the third one(I am sure there will be one) can really do better. Good Gaming! Expand
  4. Feb 27, 2011
    wo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you startwo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you start playing you'll be greeted with some impressive vista's that include detailed grass and tree's that span right into the distance..
    Once you get into some action you notice that your character is not class based unlike a few other RPG's, instead you apply skill points to your abilities such as mage, warrior, assassin, and ranger. Combine this with quick weapon and armour switching, and you'll be able to play as one of three classes at any one time. The weapons and armour selection is via a crafting system where all items are broken down into basic components such as a shield into wood, a helmet into leather and a sword into iron etc.. These components can then be used to upgrade your existing items and make them vastly more powerful. As with most RPG's you'll need to save you're progress often to avoid having to redo things if you get killed, so make sure you set the auto-save time to a fairly frequent time,
    If your character is mainly magic focused then there's another section of the crafting system that deals with spells. This spell system is based on cards that carry attributes. For instance, you may have a fire card, if you were to combine this with a projectile card you'll get a fireball, add in a ricochet card and you'll have a fireball that bounces between enemies. There's a whole range of different modifiers and base types for you to play with and experiment with so that you can create spells to suit your gaming style, added to the card system are modifiers based on elements such as earth, water, fire, air, life and death, these spells go into an amulet, and you can have three amulets active at any one time. If that's not enough customisation for you there's also an alchemy system, that you can top up by taking raw elements from corpses, these include wolf-claw and baboon tongue etc with which you can use to create potions. Youâ
  5. Mar 24, 2011
    This game is extremely fun to me. I love all of the content. There is a huge world to explore, great multiplayer, endless depth in spell creation, minstrel hero (a guitar hero like mini-game), good graphics and the gameplay is decent. This game does have it's flaws and sometimes they are very hard to overlook. But overall this game is very good and definitely a huge step up from theThis game is extremely fun to me. I love all of the content. There is a huge world to explore, great multiplayer, endless depth in spell creation, minstrel hero (a guitar hero like mini-game), good graphics and the gameplay is decent. This game does have it's flaws and sometimes they are very hard to overlook. But overall this game is very good and definitely a huge step up from the first game. Expand
  6. Mar 16, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is a game with a lot of great potential and ideas, but is handled to roughly it ends up being an uneven playing experience. I like that you can customize your features and the way you play the game but the story is so weak, the (numerous) subquests don't tie-in well to the actual story and the gameplay seems to only work half the time you want it too (unless you're a mage it'sTwo Worlds 2 is a game with a lot of great potential and ideas, but is handled to roughly it ends up being an uneven playing experience. I like that you can customize your features and the way you play the game but the story is so weak, the (numerous) subquests don't tie-in well to the actual story and the gameplay seems to only work half the time you want it too (unless you're a mage it's hard as hell to pull off any of the moves you want). The game gets props for putting so much in one giant world (ala Oblivion) but there wasn't anything holding my attention or interest to keep playing. Good effort, needed more polish. Expand
  7. Jun 14, 2011
    I finished 2W2 last night and I have to say, barring the little frustration I had at the beginning with the horse racing, it was an enjoyable experience that I would recommend to anyone looking for that "Western" action RPG styled game. The good:

Excellent visuals and lighting in the well realized world Beautiful musical score fairly well laid out control (save for the horse riding)

Excellent visuals and lighting in the well realized world

Beautiful musical score

fairly well laid out control (save for the horse riding)

Beautifully designed monsters

Excellent weapon, item, and spell customization

The Bad:

Last generation character models for humans

Quite possibly the WORST Voice acting and translation in all of gaming

VERY confusing quest log

Graphical and Quest Glitching

Annoying "safe area" text windowing.

To start off, the question that many will have is whether or not it improves on the first game. Given that this wasn't a hard task, yes, it is an improvement. The world, while it has an occasional slowdown and pop in is well delivered and not choppy. The grass and foliage sways when you run through it, fences fall down when you run into them accidentally, and areas where you are supposed to "hate" to go do give you the ominous feeling of dread every time you need to venture into them. (See: The Swallows). The cities, while not super large, are designed well enough anddo give a sense that you are out of the woods and in civilized lands. Two cities in chapter 1, Hatmador and Cheznaddar were particularly well designed. The creatures of the game are incredibly well imagined, with zombies, ghouls, Varn (Jackal like dog people) and various critters populating the world. In contrast, the human character models looked right out of last gen technology. Yes, their hair wavers in the wind, but when you see games like Assassin's Creed (which someone painfully compared it to to get me to play this) it's impossible to understand why characters like this are created. BAD Southpeak, BAD.

The music is gorgeous, but truthfully not original. (I can't hold that against it though, as a musical score of any sort in games these days is similar to most others) often times reminding me of games I loved in days gone by. In particular, in chapter two you land in the "oriental" portion of the game, with music strikingly similar to Guild Wars Factions, and even some visual elements looking similar.

The voice acting, in STARK contrast to the music, is absolutely terrible. Wasn't there an article published recently about how disconnected the audience feels to their gravelly voiced protagonists? (I do believe it was IGN... SOUTHPEAK! READ THIS!) The lead character is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Nobody talks like that! DEAR GOD. Do yourself a favor as well, turn off the subtitles. They are filled with typos and often times, do not even say the same things as what the characters are saying.

The controls are somewhat simple, with the "A" button (I played the 360 version) being used for pretty much any interaction with the environment, and jumping. As strange as it sounds, it is fairly well realized. The fighting is good as well. Right trigger for "kill", left trigger for "keep from being killed". It's rather effective. The other buttons were assignable skills like spells or special warrior attacks.

The story isn't anything spectacular, with many of the side missions being more engaging. Having said that, there were a LOT of side missions. A particularly good one was solving a well laid out murder mystery. It's too bad the quest log was so confusing. It actually takes away from the experience of playing the missions when you cannot easily check your journal/ quest log to keep yourself up on what needs to be done next. There was a great ending to the game though, look forward to being pleased.

If you go into this game looking for the next Dragon Age, you will be sadly disappointed. It's a strong game with a lot going for it, but it isn't in the same league as games created by Bioware. If you go into this game looking for a fun fantasy experience along the lines of a great no name book you find in some no name used bookstore, then you will be vvery pleased with what you come out of it with. Minor glitches and TERRIBLE voiceacting aside, this is a game for a fantasy fan looking to kill 30 hours of his life and to like doing it.

Given that I haven't played the multiplayer portion of the game save for the first 10 minutes or so, perhaps my review can be considered incomplete. I was able to find games really quickly, and the multiplayer "questline" looks well designed and implemented. There was deathmatch, quest mode, and village mode (I guess it's something like Command and Conquer... I'll get back to you on that one.) The matchmaking looked a little broken though, as in a deathmatch, as a level 1 character, I was first paired with a level 390 player. Dear god.
  8. Apr 14, 2013
    Two Worlds 2, what a game Two Worlds 1 was. Only joking, Two Worlds 1 needed improvement and that's what Two Worlds 2 is here for, right? Yes, of course it is! The game is basically aimed at the same villain that was in the first game. The graphics are kinda neat, but the most graphically enhanced feature would be the water and most definitely the lighting which is outright beautiful! TheTwo Worlds 2, what a game Two Worlds 1 was. Only joking, Two Worlds 1 needed improvement and that's what Two Worlds 2 is here for, right? Yes, of course it is! The game is basically aimed at the same villain that was in the first game. The graphics are kinda neat, but the most graphically enhanced feature would be the water and most definitely the lighting which is outright beautiful! The characters are very dull, still but some parts are funny which probably weren't intended to be because the voice acting is ridiculous and stupid. They still use the same Old-Worlde type accent which gets really boring later on in the game. The combat has definitely improved, but the characters still look like they have sausages for arms when they swings a sword. What I found the most impressive is the spell system. Almost anything can be done with these spells to create unique things to kill your enemy and to just merely satisfy your needs. There is also online multiplayer and an awesome 'Town' game mode which you create a town with money you earn over time or through online multiplayer. You will also need to defend enemy's that threaten your town, and in the end just cause your villagers to become upset, nothing much. In conclusion, this game is great, I had fun throughout the entire thing and I really enjoyed the multiplayer too! The reason why I am not giving it a mixed rating would be because Reality Pump have improved it so much, that I am so impressed. Keep it up Reality Pump!

Melson97
  9. Mar 6, 2011
    I've played this game for over 20 hours so far and have found it really enjoyable. It's almost a AAA game but it has some graphical issues and it doesn't feel revolutionary. But it most definitely is evolutionary. I tried playing Oblivion, but it feels old. When it came out it was amazing, not so much anymore. I like the 3rd person view of Two Worlds II better than the first personI've played this game for over 20 hours so far and have found it really enjoyable. It's almost a AAA game but it has some graphical issues and it doesn't feel revolutionary. But it most definitely is evolutionary. I tried playing Oblivion, but it feels old. When it came out it was amazing, not so much anymore. I like the 3rd person view of Two Worlds II better than the first person view of Oblivion. Two Worlds II in game graphics are actually really good I think. Though when the characters talk, it is a bit awkward. It's obvious they didn't have an unlimited budget and unlimited time. The UI doesn't look so good either. I really like how they did magic: you use cards to assemble spells. I wish they used the same or similar mechanic for fighter and archer characters. Lock picking is cool and fun. Alchemy is ok; I wish it was more like the magic cards where you can see what ingredient combinations will do before hitting the done button. Also you have to get passed the beginning which is the part where they teach you the controls and setup the plot. Expand
  10. Mar 8, 2011
    Bottom line is that Two Worlds 2 is a lot of fun and I strongly urge RPG fans sitting on the fence about this game to, at the very least, give the game a try. Ignore the user scores of Tens and Zeros because they are being way too simplistic. Once you get past the tutorial, the game offers up a whole new and fun world with lots of room for exploration, combat, questing, and storylines.Bottom line is that Two Worlds 2 is a lot of fun and I strongly urge RPG fans sitting on the fence about this game to, at the very least, give the game a try. Ignore the user scores of Tens and Zeros because they are being way too simplistic. Once you get past the tutorial, the game offers up a whole new and fun world with lots of room for exploration, combat, questing, and storylines. Read on if you want to know more ... I never played the first Two Worlds so I went into Two Worlds 2 with no preconceived bias. What really led me to buying the game was the chance to play a traditional-style sword and sorcery RPG in a co-op setting with friends (which has been an absolute delight). Two Worlds 2 is actually a very pretty game. Once you get past the tutorial, the world of Antaloor opens up to lush environments that we rarely get to see in some of the more copy-and-paste "middle earth" RPGs; lush jungles and dusty deserts fit in along with traditional dungeons, caverns, and vibrant urban environments. There is also a diverse grimoire of monsters and baddies to battle. It may take time getting used to how the character moves and pivots (similar to Red Dead Redemption), but melee combat offers a lot of customization for special attacks based on what weapon you are using. Archers are also able to pull several tricks out of their sleeves that we normally don't see in RPGs (for example, painting multiple targets at once). However, the real stars of the game are the very innovative crafting and magic systems. Almost any item can be broken down to build newer and more powerful items, complete with gemstone power-ups. And magic offers a system of cards that act as spell elements that can be shuffled and stacked into new spell combinations - as part of the same spell! My "fun factor" with Two Worlds 2 is absolutely through the roof, but the game is not without its faults. There are issues with draw times and other graphical glitches (on the 360). The voice work isn't as bad as say Oblivion's same three voice actors, but the timing of the line delivery and some cut scene lip-synching leave a lot to be desired. There is also some canned dialogue that the player must endure over and over again when your character attacks, opens a lock, or casts a spell. And then there is horse riding (sigh). As much as your character may walk, run, and pivot like Red Dead's John Marston, the developers at Top Ware should have paid more attention to Marston's horse-riding skills. Overall though, if you accept this game for what it is as a diamond that needs some polishing, Two Worlds 2 has been very rewarding for me. Expand

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Don't let the reputation of the previous game, nor the niggling bugs that permeate the title scare you away. Once those are scratched away a pleasant open action RPG awaits.
  2. Jun 17, 2011
    As a whole Two Worlds II is a definite step up from Two Worlds in almost every regard, and it especially shines through with its in-depth and thought out quest lines. Two Worlds II isn't however a match to the bigger western RPGs out there, e.g. The Elder Scrolls series. This is let down by the overly convoluting interface and control system that makes the gameplay feel like a generation behind.
  3. Mar 23, 2011
    Is the game perfect? No, not by a long shot, but after a few hours of learning how to do everything like creating my own spells and chaining my combat moves together, I really started to have fun with it.