UEFA EURO 2008 Xbox 360

8.4

1. MartinD.
    May 20, 2008
    What a incredible gameplay!..online cup is just amazing big fun...2 bad that the dutch players are fictitious....but hell...do are better then the real ones.
  2. TiagoB.
    May 5, 2008
    Best Game out there!!!! Bye bye PES... It´s a FIFA08 GREAT improvement! Everyone should try it! a must buy for multiplayer.
  3. MarkH.
    Apr 22, 2008
    Fun, authentic fun. Great audio and challenging gameplay. So many neat touches such as pitches getting heavier if it rains with the ball actually sticking in patches, stadium announcers speaking in their native tongue, I could go on and on...I'm selling PES 2008 I wont play it after this.
  4. JoszefLindbergh
    Jan 13, 2009
    I still prefer this one compared to FIFA 09. All the good ideas like the career mode as being a pro, the nice graphics (weather) ,the brilliant audio(crowd) and the nice own tournament creation and calculation are all euro 2008 ideas at the first place.
    But he main reason i prefer this one is simple:
    But he main reason i prefer this one is simple:
    the front end looks much fresher and nicer and the tournament atmosphere playing all the way to the finals is the thing FIFA 09 is lacking of.
    Great game, looking for world cup 2010!
  5. KhobaibA.
    Apr 17, 2008
    Brilliant. beats PES hands down. a big improvement on fifa 08 gameplay wise and not a rip off like normal EA euro and world cup games like road to world cup etc in the past. A true football fan's game.
  6. LeeM
    Apr 19, 2008
    Top drawer a good leap forward in terms of game engine! Well done EA.
  7. AnonymousMC
    Aug 5, 2008
    The game is a lot of fun. UEFA Euro 2008 was my first introduction to soccer (football) games, and by the sound of it, a better introduction than FIFA 2008. The "Captain Your Country" feature is pretty fun (as I'm sure the "Be A Pro" feature is very similar, without the competition to become captain of the team) but it can be kind of frustrating when playing with a friend and youThe game is a lot of fun. UEFA Euro 2008 was my first introduction to soccer (football) games, and by the sound of it, a better introduction than FIFA 2008. The "Captain Your Country" feature is pretty fun (as I'm sure the "Be A Pro" feature is very similar, without the competition to become captain of the team) but it can be kind of frustrating when playing with a friend and you both somehow (even though you've scored virtually all the goals for your team) don't make it to the semifinals squad. Even though I'm not familiar with the players (and even with some of the locations), it's still interesting to see the various teams and locations that are used in the game. I also liked the use of each country's individual national anthem when the game is won or played in their individual stadium. UEFA Euro 2008 has some frustrating things like some control issues and the camera angles can be a bit misleading for newcomers who aren't quite used to looking at a goal from overhead and accidentally overshoot the posts (and sometimes you get the exhilarating and demoralizing feeling of thinking your shot goes in but actually glides over the whole goal). Also, EA has the terrible habit of not explaining anything in their manuals except for basic controls, which can be frustrating for newcomers to the sport or to people who haven't picked up a title in a while. But all in all, I loved (and still do) playing Euro 2008. Definitely a good title for newcomers. Expand

1. See this game as version 1.1 of FIFA 08, but focused on the UEFA European Championship, and as a nice taste of things to come in the next edition of FIFA.
  2. Maxi Consolas (Portugal)
    It’s the confirmation of everything that was great on FIFA 08 for the PS3 and Xbox 360. The gameplay is side-by-side with everything that Pro Evolution Soccer has delivered over the years and it’s better than any FIFA to date. And with its shiny presentation and online and offline modes, it’s a must have for every soccer fan out there. [Apr 2008]
  3. Games Master UK
    Improves on "FIFA 08" in gameplay terms, but lacks the intelligence of EA's PS2 game. [May 2008, p.83]