6.5

1. Aug 30, 2010
    The ai is so hard to sub and online really does suck, it has been down for 4 days of server down crap and this is not the first time it happens a lot!
  2. Sep 9, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hello,

I have around 10 y experience on online gaming and I tell you a true.
    UFC is one of stupidest games I ever played. Its bad designed, has poor game play and totally sux. Looks Japanese did it.

I've started one week ago and I prefer to wait for MMA EA . They at least know how to do a good game like FN4 - there you need to have a game plan and execute it + skill to knock down your opponent.

Here its just stupid : rotate right stick and press 3 buttons for ugly designed strikes. Seems they never seen and they have no idea about how fighers are moving. They looks like retarded chickens, shots are scrippted. Submissions - even dont deserve to talk about it :) Career mode is just retarded. You have to fight again Soszynski for ex. with stats 30 . Gl&Hf. Also sparing - lol - slam and hit. Wow that's interesting. Camps : good idea. damn bad designed ( spend 13 minutes to find that what i was looking for. you even cant sort it by skills or what )
    Matches are boring, comentary is ugly ( must to turn off ) every time you here same show and over and over the same. Game is funny for first 3 hours. Till you recognize that you do all time same things. Seems that who loves it must be too stupid or too unskilled to play FN4 or other games. Coz controls here are just totally random. rotate rotate rotate LB RS rotate lol. Good controls and believe me it damn soooo boring.

So dont even bother to buy it and waste your time. I m selling my copy for Xbox points with good exchange rate.

Thanks,
  3. Oct 22, 2010
    The lack of a deep and enjoyable career mode and terrible online mode ruin how great the other aspects of this game really are. The graphics and addition of moves and fighters from the 2009 version of Undisputed were great additions, but the ground game is still very rough, making it incredibly tough to pull off submissions and hoping you drain your opponents stamina to get anything done is not a great mechanism. Expand
  4. Aug 23, 2010
    Improves over the original while still keeping some of the nagging flaws of the previous game. If you are a huge MMA fan like myself or hell even a fighting game fan in general, there is a lot to love here. They added in sways and counter punches into the mix to make the striking more in-depth. Also they did some tweaking to the grappling, however it is still a bit of a pain to get the controls of the over all ground game and grappling game down. Having to use the right joystick to control which way you try to control or grapple in or off the ground still just doesn't feel as fluid as it should. It has a more in depth character creation mode as well. Now it lets you kind of pick and chose what moves you would like to learn over the course of your career mode. Also making a lot more character interaction throughout the career mode such as calling other fighters out and giving respect to other rights, etc. Weather you chose to be a bad boy or a laid back fighter really doesn't change much at all though. Also, they decided to make it more of a pain to train your fighting stats in the career mode. If you don't get your stats XX number and keep training them, than they start to decrease like mad! So that seems to leave you with too much micromanaging your characters and makes it more of a stressful affair than the fun it should be.

They added a arcade type of mode which is a very welcome addition to the mix, where you just start at the bottom of the ranks and work your way up the ladder till you get to fight the champion at the top. You win, you get the belt and then you unlock title mode. Very welcome modes.

Of course, the most fun you can have out of this game is multiplayer. It is fun to play locally assuming both players know what they are doing. It supports a very in-depth online play mode. However...I never got to experience it. Due to they wanted to charge you to be able to play the whole thing online (what a joke). Overall I did really enjoy the game. I would have enjoyed the career mode much more, if it wasn't such a pain to manage your fighter. Paying for online play is just stupid. Still very good game and HOPE they learn from some of its flaws and comeback with a even better game next year.
  5. Oct 25, 2010
    Awkward, repetitive, boring. KOs too often, career is tedium, online is total crap. MMA is out now so avoid the UFC. If someone say's UFC 2010 over MMA... they're just all about UFC and probably don't know who these great fighters in MMA are. In fact... they most likely thought UFC = MMA and didnt understand the UFC is simply a piece of this fantastic sport. HOpefully UFC will makea better product next time out, but they'll only need to if MMA does well. Other than that... we'll get a lifetime of this crap. Expand
  6. Oct 27, 2010
    Broken online, broken gameplay. Waste of money. UFC 09 was much better, and so is EA MMA. The fact that the online is so broken and impossible to connect to is unacceptable, and the game is plagued by exploits.
  7. Feb 26, 2011
    This game is simply awesome!!!The great new submission system, takedown system and clinch system are only a few of the great things that make up this trerrific game. Combine that with a less clunky career mode and you've got a game that no mma fan should miss.
  8. Feb 26, 2011
    This game improves on ufc 2009 to create a great MMA game. And this is easily the most satisfying mma game ever created. If you are a fan of devastating Ko's and brutal submissions do not thinks twice to pick this game up.
  9. Dec 5, 2010
    I really enjoyed this game. It does have a big learning curve but once you get over that, the game becomes really fun. The ground game is very enjoyable once you get the hang of it. However the clinch system could use some improvements. The career mode is repetitive and not too enjoyable and the online is so laggy it becomes unplayable. The game really shines once you sit down with a friend and play against each other and it is the most fun I've had playing a fighting game. Expand

And that's what makes Undisputed 2010 such a success: it addresses the problems of the past while making subtle improvements that make the product better. The graphics are crisper, the animations are better, and several new tweaks make the actual fighting more enjoyable. Even the menu system and user interface is cleaner and easier to navigate.
  2. UFC 2010 is an absolute knockout of a game and despite a few minor disappointments, I can wholeheartedly recommend it to pretty much anyone that's even remotely interested.
  3. It's difficult to describe every single new feature but once you start playing and see all the new positions, mechanics, and modes, you'll really see how THQ set the bar even higher this year.