6.4

1. Aug 26, 2014
    The game will continue to be the most streamed fighting game of all time, and I will continue to wonder why. USFIV does change the rules, but not in a great way... just in a way to force you to look at game meta in a different way, and in my opinion it just doesn't work.
  2. Aug 6, 2014
    We will need to wait for Street Fighter V on the XboxOne,this game is the with new features,CapCom doesn't moved a thing to get it unique and this game have so many versions that looks like they are trying to win fast money.Is a DLC for Super Street Fighter,but here you are buying a all new game for it.
  3. Jun 4, 2014
    Made by fans for fans.
    If you are new to the series, then this is a must buy.
    If you've played the old versions of the game, then you have already bought Ultra.
    If you're thinking "this is a new version of an old game", then you probably haven't played SF4 ever and you're just an internet troll .
  4. Jun 4, 2014
    Another Street Fighter game to last for years.
    Like it or not, this is the biggest and the best fighting game on the planet.
    Deep fighting game mechanics and so many unique characters make this game an instant classic for any fighting game fan. With EVO just around the corner, the hype is only starting to build up. Shoryuken!
  5. Jun 3, 2014
    The definitive version of the game. There really isn't any competition when it comes to deep, involved fighting mechanics. You aren't drowned in a quandary of different systems and minutia. Everything simply works.

The balance is also razor thin. The worst characters (when looking at a 10 point match up tier list) are only 20% below the best. The same can't be said for pretty much any fighting game aside from SF2. Using MVC3 as an example, the best character is actually close to 250% better than the worst (on a match up based tier list).

You also don't have to sit there and watch the other person play while your character is endlessly juggled for half the match. Combos are there but they are swift and succinct. No more 15-20 second long combos of MVC3 and King of Fighters 13.

The character variety is amazing. The inputs are tight and responsive while also demanding that you learn your character. There is no dial-a-combo system, so mistakes are still risky but not as risky as Street Fighter X Tekken where stray jabs lead to full out dial-a-combos.

If you are new to fighting games this is absolutely, positively a 10. If you have the older versions of Street Fighter 4 then this is a 9, seeing as how you've tread this ground before.
  6. Jun 4, 2014
    A incredibly welcome addition to the Street Fighter franchise. Note that this is for the fans. If you already have Street Fighter IV and either didn't care for it much, or didn't play it with any sort of competitive spirit, this isn't for you. If you've been wanting to get into it however, this is the perfect time to start. Character balances are well thought-out, and the changes to theA incredibly welcome addition to the Street Fighter franchise. Note that this is for the fans. If you already have Street Fighter IV and either didn't care for it much, or didn't play it with any sort of competitive spirit, this isn't for you. If you've been wanting to get into it however, this is the perfect time to start. Character balances are well thought-out, and the changes to the original roster completely change the way it's played. The best part? You can revert your character to an earlier edition moveset. The new characters are exciting enough, though I am disappointed with the fact that 4 of the 5 are just taken from Street Fighter x Tekken. The new stages were a treat to the eyes, they have street fighter art all around them in cool ways. Online mode brings from great changes, and the Team Battle was something I was having fun with. My only concern is the fact that any number of players can pick whatever team they want, leaving the possibility for a 7-on-1 match. I feel like capping the team size is something that needs to happen. The online training mode is something that I feel like a lot of people have wanted for a while, and I think it will help newer players far more than the offline mode. It's not perfect, with the slightly underwhelming new roster and balancing issues with team battle, but compared to all of the dramatic changes with the rest of the characters, I feel like it's something long-time fans can be excited about. Plus, the new menu music is almost cause to buy it alone. Expand
  7. Jun 3, 2014
    If you're a hardcore Street Fighter fan or haven't yet got around to getting it yet, this is the version to get. The new characters, W-Ultras and rebalancing will be great for the fans but if you've already gotten it but not interested in the new characters than this probably isn't for you.
  8. Jun 6, 2014
    Fantastic upgrade to my favorite game of last generation. Endless depth and the online battles have always been epic. For people complaining about constant upgrades, just don't buy them and move on. For me, I Iove this game and I will certainly get well more than $15 of entertainment value out of the new characters and features. If you love Street Fighter than you will love this version asFantastic upgrade to my favorite game of last generation. Endless depth and the online battles have always been epic. For people complaining about constant upgrades, just don't buy them and move on. For me, I Iove this game and I will certainly get well more than $15 of entertainment value out of the new characters and features. If you love Street Fighter than you will love this version as well. If you choose to give low scores because you protest Capcom's business model then that's your business. The rest of us will be having fun playing this game for years to come! Expand
  9. Nov 11, 2014
    this game the same copy paste gamee with more characters the game is just a boring game with the same thing as the last 100 versions of this terrible game

The ultimate evolution of the game responsible for growing the fighting games of the previous generation, but also one that can fill the expectations of beginners and veterans.
  2. Aug 28, 2014
    Since this is technically a rehash of a game from 2009, the retail version can be had for a relatively low price of $40, with the downloadable upgrade (if you have another version of SF4 in your library) setting you back only $15. If you are deciding between download or retail, it basically all comes down to if you want the 100 costumes found on the disc, or if you have enough HDD space for the upgrade.
  3. Aug 27, 2014
    By implementing new fighters, tweaking some of the old, and addressing some balance issues, Capcom offers a great update to an already superb fighting game.