Unreal Tournament III Xbox 360

7.6

1. Nov 3, 2010
    An absolutely brilliant FPS, that somehow has got lower ratings than it deserves. Chunky in everyway, goes back to the playing style of that of the first UT. Great graphics, great design on the levels, a nice selection of options. This deserves to be up there with the recommended Xbox 360 titles without a doubt.
  2. JohnM.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Honestly, this is the best online game in the whole universe. It doesn´t get better than this. Not even CoD4, and I love CoD4!
  3. AndyV
    Jul 6, 2008
    I rented this title for the ps3 and it feels really archaic. Its certainly not bad but its fast paced twitchy gameplay feels very 90s and very tired. Id only recommend this to the die hard ut fans.
  4. SO
    Jul 9, 2008
    Fast paced action and thats all I have to say. Their aint much for a single player but the multiplayer makes up for it by delivering us one of the best multiplayer games to date.
  5. MattBlake
    Aug 20, 2008
    Fast and frantic as always, but with by far the best graphics ever in a UT game and a few new modes (Warfare mode is awesome). Not much has changed, it's pretty much good old UT but it rocks. Campaign is lame, but who cares? Tight controls, split screen is a nice bonus. Insanely fun, and though one trick pony, it does what it does so well I can't stop coming back for more. BestFast and frantic as always, but with by far the best graphics ever in a UT game and a few new modes (Warfare mode is awesome). Not much has changed, it's pretty much good old UT but it rocks. Campaign is lame, but who cares? Tight controls, split screen is a nice bonus. Insanely fun, and though one trick pony, it does what it does so well I can't stop coming back for more. Best played with joystick sensitivity pushed wayyyy past default settings (I play on max) to better emulate keyboard & mouse speed. Expand
  6. ApocalypseBrown
    Oct 8, 2008
    This is definitely a game of two halves, an excellent multiplayer then a dreadful single player. In the unreal world, the single player is only ever practice for the multiplayer. However in previous games the single player was short and sweet. This version however has some of the longest and most stale ideas I have ever seen! Truly boring after an hour. But the real meat and potatoes is This is definitely a game of two halves, an excellent multiplayer then a dreadful single player. In the unreal world, the single player is only ever practice for the multiplayer. However in previous games the single player was short and sweet. This version however has some of the longest and most stale ideas I have ever seen! Truly boring after an hour. But the real meat and potatoes is the joint BEST multiplayer on the 360. It's better than Halo, Ghost Recon, Battlefield and the woeful COD. Only GOW and TF2 are on par with this, and why? Because it is sheer quality of FUN and BIG WEAPONS! From the first game to the last, lobbies are full of players waiting to blow each other to pieces, which in unreal is very satisfying. It is so easy to pick up and play, yet it takes time to master, it truly is a gaming classic. But the graphics are quite weak compared to it's PC brother, and of course no modding of characters suck! But with more levels and options, the 360 version more than makes up for it. In conclusion the multi gets a perfect ten, but the single player and graphics drag the overall score down to an eight. Expand
  7. AlexWoods
    Jun 29, 2008
    A very solid game but the lack of user mods which can found on the other systems is a major let down. Sure you get split-screen, but you lose something far more important.
  8. PaulJ.
    Jul 14, 2008
    Basically the single player game is one big tutorial with cut scenes. But saying that the game looks real nice and you only really buy Unreal Tournament games for the online play anyway. A must for any UT fan or online FPS gamer.
  9. asfd
    Jul 3, 2008
    Unreal Tournament 3 is impressive game with large maps and good amount choices of weapons. This game's graphic is as amazing as Gears of War. The feeling about this game compared to Quake 3 Arena are quite similiar but still awesome.
  10. MattB.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Unreal Tournament 3 (UT3) is definitely an acquired taste and has a much different feel to it than just about any other first-person shooter on the market today. It's very fast paced and requires split-second reflexes to be effective. Of course, don't even consider buying this game if you aren't into online multiplayer, because this is the central focus of the game. The Unreal Tournament 3 (UT3) is definitely an acquired taste and has a much different feel to it than just about any other first-person shooter on the market today. It's very fast paced and requires split-second reflexes to be effective. Of course, don't even consider buying this game if you aren't into online multiplayer, because this is the central focus of the game. The single-player experience is essentially just a learning tool in preparing you for the various weapons, vehicles and maps within its multiplayer suite. With a summer that's not exactly chock full of blockbusters, this is a no brainer. The excellent graphics and game modes put this title in a league of its own. It's instantly clear upon the first time playing UT3, that Epic put a lot of time into its game insuring that balance and replay value are of the utmost importance. The strategic play, split-screen and co-op capabilites only add to what will surely be a hit on XBOX LIVE and a great way to kill the hot monthes of summer before the holiday releases. Expand
  11. IanC
    Jul 7, 2008
    Fantastic, with a capital 'fab'. Yes, it's old school entertainment and nowhere near as sophisticated as some other shooters, but it is a LOT of fun and beautifully designed - the hoverboards that you can use to zip around maps or 'wakeboard' along on behind any vehicle are total genius. This title gets a 10 from me due to the split-screen alone - two friends on a Fantastic, with a capital 'fab'. Yes, it's old school entertainment and nowhere near as sophisticated as some other shooters, but it is a LOT of fun and beautifully designed - the hoverboards that you can use to zip around maps or 'wakeboard' along on behind any vehicle are total genius. This title gets a 10 from me due to the split-screen alone - two friends on a sofa, shooting and laughing side by side, it's an unbeatable Friday night's entertainment and sadly lacking in so many games these days. Expand
  12. BradleyS.
    Jul 7, 2008
    Awsom game in the multiplayer and i like the fact that you can choose your character but on campaign it gets a bit repetative.
  13. DontThinkso
    Jul 9, 2008
    Same game with a 3 after it. It's getting kinda tired and it's done much better on the PC than on the 360. Bit of a useless port.
  14. BrettB.
    Aug 7, 2008
    Awesome game, best futuristic shooter on 360, and very faithful to the UT series! Includes splitscreen multiplayer, bot support, an upgrade from the tournament style singleplayer to a campaign, updated original UT maps as well as new ones, and the warfare mode is awesome!
  15. KhristianR.
    Sep 29, 2008
    This goes back to the very first UT game with the weaponry. Also the gameplay goes back to. Graphically it looks brilliant and it moves at a hell of a smooth speed. There's a hell of a lot of levels to choose from and different options. Also the one player campaign is a decent addition to. A bit bizarre talking about the one player being the addition, but its the Multiplayer people This goes back to the very first UT game with the weaponry. Also the gameplay goes back to. Graphically it looks brilliant and it moves at a hell of a smooth speed. There's a hell of a lot of levels to choose from and different options. Also the one player campaign is a decent addition to. A bit bizarre talking about the one player being the addition, but its the Multiplayer people will play for definitely. Usually its the other way around. I've always rated the UT slightly higher than Quake for the main reason, there's a bit more imagination behind the levels and a bit more creation. This is one of those games that has to be seen and played to really appreciate how good it is. Also this still has the bot feature, a feature which most games don't seem to have. You can fight up to 15 bots and include yourself in the fight for a 16 free for all. I've never understood why games don't have both bots and online play so that it caters for both sides. The additional of Vehicles on the Warfare modes, as well as the board on the Flag modes really adds a new dimension. Admittedly I do miss the Star-Wars-Esque Sword fighting from UT 2: Liandri. There are problems but only minor ones. Say for example, if you're on the level. I forget the name of it, it looks like Blade Runner, set in a street, all dark blue, the one that has a hologram ad in the middle. If you get control of the spider robot, everyone has to work to take it down. It really can make things a little one-sided. But thats small in comparison. I ts a total 360 game, style, speed, graphics and most of all playability. It has it all. Definitely a 360 essential. SCORE : 91%. Expand
  16. CoryD.
    Sep 3, 2008
    Beautiful looking game, and some really fun maps for a variety of games. The storyline is almost disposable, but the gameplay is fun enough that it's not a big detriment. If they had made the multiplayer interface/lobby even remotely as user-friendly as Halo3, I could maybe even justify a 9 out of 10! ..still, it has only a few shortcomings, but plenty of enjotment to be had.
  17. DanL.
    Sep 9, 2008
    Great looking game. Very fast paced and attractive shooter. A bit shallow in depth, but to be fair it is what it is- a pure as it gets old school shooter. Online an absolute necessity with the game. If no online-don't bother. I enjoyed it but found myself getting a little bored. It's a safe bet, but not to everyones taste. It deserves much credit for what it puts out, a really Great looking game. Very fast paced and attractive shooter. A bit shallow in depth, but to be fair it is what it is- a pure as it gets old school shooter. Online an absolute necessity with the game. If no online-don't bother. I enjoyed it but found myself getting a little bored. It's a safe bet, but not to everyones taste. It deserves much credit for what it puts out, a really honest game pretending to be nothing it's not. Expand
  18. AlexP.
    Feb 27, 2008
    Brings nothing new to the shooter genre... But it's still got that classic high speed unreal-feel (Awesomeness).
  19. ShiktenJesus
    Jun 30, 2008
    Awesome game, lots of game modes, good set of maps, awesome bots and no lag. Awe inspiring.
  20. LeviN.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Fast paced action combined with a plethora of maps and weaponry, you can't go wrong with the proven Unreal Tournament.
  21. David
    Jul 11, 2008
    If you liked previous Unreal games, you will LOVE this game. It's classic UT with Warfare, new maps, and guns that just make me feel badass. The only problem I have is some of the maps do not seem as well-made as the ones from previous UTs.
  22. JohnF.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Honestly, it is the best online game in the world. I never expected it to be this good. YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS MASTERPIECE!!!!!
  23. ScipioA.
    Jul 13, 2008
    After being devoted to the Unreal Tournament franchise... I have never been so disappointed in my life. You'd think that the people at EA would try to keep what is brilliant about ut2004... Instead, they trashed it completely and created Gears of War II: The Retread. Everyone in the Unreal Tournament community that plays online has by now abandoned this lackluster spoilage of one of After being devoted to the Unreal Tournament franchise... I have never been so disappointed in my life. You'd think that the people at EA would try to keep what is brilliant about ut2004... Instead, they trashed it completely and created Gears of War II: The Retread. Everyone in the Unreal Tournament community that plays online has by now abandoned this lackluster spoilage of one of the greatest PC first person shooters of all time. I know, because for five weeks after the release, no one was on the ut2004 online games. Now? Every single last one of them has returned, and the buzz is... when EA makes ut2004 v2... then they'll come back. Expand
  24. Jun 21, 2014
    If you grew up playing Unreal Tournament on PC, this is a major nostalgia throwback. UT3 is about six years old on the Xbox 360, but it still holds up very well in 2014. Graphically this game still looks great, and it runs surprisingly smooth amongst all the chaos. There's always at least one or two multiplayer servers available with a small handful of people playing. The single playerIf you grew up playing Unreal Tournament on PC, this is a major nostalgia throwback. UT3 is about six years old on the Xbox 360, but it still holds up very well in 2014. Graphically this game still looks great, and it runs surprisingly smooth amongst all the chaos. There's always at least one or two multiplayer servers available with a small handful of people playing. The single player campaign was average at best (the story is absolutely atrocious), but you can always play in coop mode with 3 other people, which really boosts the fun! I highly recommend this game, especially if you grew up playing arena shooters. Expand

1. Incomparable to the pure fear that accompanies "Rainbow Six Vegas 2" and more akin to taking part in a sport than a war, Unreal Tournament III is the most accessible and technical shooter available, and it’s near impossible to fault it.
    A pristinely polished package that owns old-school twitch shooting. Not only does it look ravishing, but the new vehicles and features round it out as a near faultless package. Our only main concern is that its chaotic gameplay lies on a road well trodden, and the game's prized mode – Warfare – at times feels as much laborious as it us fun.
  3. A stunning looking, slick and polished FPS that every competitive 360 gamer should add to their collection. It's difficult to see how UT can unleash itself from the shackles of its genre though. Should Epic even bother?