8.2

1. Mar 3, 2013
    Power metal music looks so good when it used as soundtrack in this game. Very creative of arrangement soundtrack music. when "koei" develops new series of these games, they always have new amazing good power metal music in these games. maybe it what makes this game feels so good
  2. May 23, 2012
    Definitely a great addition to the Orochi Series. This game was an overall satisfying game in so many ways. I have been playing the Dynasty Warriors & Samurai Warriors series's along with the Orochi games since they began. The evolution of the Orochi Series has been fantastic while still building on the base Dynasty and Samurai games. I loved the battle system as well as the weaponDefinitely a great addition to the Orochi Series. This game was an overall satisfying game in so many ways. I have been playing the Dynasty Warriors & Samurai Warriors series's along with the Orochi games since they began. The evolution of the Orochi Series has been fantastic while still building on the base Dynasty and Samurai games. I loved the battle system as well as the weapon fusions. There is an annoying bonds system that involves making certain characters like each other that got on my nerves but if you wait until the 4th chapter to get Moonlight Tea Parties from the bonds building seller it is much easier to just pay money to have two specific characters increase bonds faster. If it were not for this specific feature I'd have had to rate the game down by a lot. I enjoyed the time travel aspect though it does seem like Japanese games are starting to make time travel the new "it" thing and I really really hope the trend doesn't stick. In the end this game was overall fantastic and I can say that all the achievements are possible to get my husband has 1000 of 1000 and he generally is not very good with these games because he gets lost in the maps. I haven't had the time to play as much as he has so far but I think this game is certainly playable from start to finish and still be enjoyable even after you get all the bits bobs and weapons. I recommend it highly to anyone who likes war scenerios, one on one fighters and tactical strategy games. It is a niche genre but it is one people could easily get into so long as they start with the first Orochi game. Collapse
  3. Apr 7, 2012
    I should start by saying that if you're a fan of any Warriors game to date then chances are you will love this. And if you've played a Warriors game before and felt unimpressed, I would advise that this isn't for you.

That said, Warriors Orochi 3 is the best at what it is. Not having played Samurai Warriors or any recent Dynasty Warrior games, I found the new character (added since WO2) initially confusing in their roles & relationships but quickly grew to like them. The new move sets have been used and although I miss some of their old weapons & actions, what they've been replaced with is still great!

Due to the long and costly process of dubbing over 120 characters, all speech is in Japanese. While most people enjoy this authenticity I wasn't so keen. It's not bad by any means but I've grown to like the terrible voice acting over the years and when you're in the middle of a fight it's not easy reading all the text that's being thrown at you.

In terms of content WO3 beats any Warriors game, ever! After a whole night of battling my way through hordes of demons, I'd only just scratched the surface of unlockables and leveling up!

Although there's still plenty of room for improvement, this has been the best game in the series I've ever played and as I said to begin with, if you're a fan, you're gonna love this.
  4. Apr 6, 2012
    Great game, and the best in the Dynasty Warriors series so far. Ton's of characters, level-edit, online and co-op play. Don't listen to the "more of the same" comments, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. How many Madden games are there? Tiger Woods? Modern Warfare? Street Fighter? Dynasty warriors is a great franchise that does 1 thing better then any other game: Make you feel like a God.
  5. Mar 27, 2012
    Warriors Orochi 3, what happen with the companys? I miss the new IP's, because sometimes the games are same, and Warriors Orochi 3, its same like Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors, and all the Koei games. The graphics are boring, the controls good, the gameplay is same like the other two games, the music is okay, but the biggest problem of the game is any new, the only good be the twoWarriors Orochi 3, what happen with the companys? I miss the new IP's, because sometimes the games are same, and Warriors Orochi 3, its same like Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors, and all the Koei games. The graphics are boring, the controls good, the gameplay is same like the other two games, the music is okay, but the biggest problem of the game is any new, the only good be the two characters of Dead or Alive (Ayane and Hayabusa). Warriors Orochi 3 don't have any new. Expand
  6. May 23, 2012

1. May 14, 2012
    The story of Warriors Orochi 3 is confusing. But fans of JRPG's are getting a huge game with some entertaining story turns. The gameplay mechanics offer a deep action experience.
    Essentially Dynasty Warriors 7 with more stuff. [Issue#84, p.89]
  3. Apr 26, 2012
    While undoubtedly nectar of the gods for series fans, the incremental tweaks and polishes to the game's mechanics that a decade of sequels grants make it by far the most rewarding and investible Musou game to date for all-comers.