5.0

1. May 27, 2014
    A superb game: the characters are well written, there are enough weapons to choose from and plenty of vehicles to drive. Hacking … you have to see it to believe it, truly great! The explosions in my opinion are excellent. This game also boasts many mission and side quests, it will definitely keep you busy for a while. For those who have waited so long, it was worth it, enjoy.
  2. May 27, 2014
    I think most is qualifying bad, because they had overly high expectations. for me really with what little I've progressed, however I liked pretty Watch Dogs, with many new ... is exactly like Assassin's Creed 1, where the expectation was not high, when the Watch Dogs 2 out, there take out their best potential. but to be a new IP this phenomenal.
  3. May 27, 2014
    Some of the gameplay mechanic is similiar to PlayStation Exclusive, The Last of Us. However, some of E3 2012-2013 part were mising or cut by Ubisoft such as; Hand-stealth, Gun sequense, dramatic story, etc... The gameplay psychic was using a low-life engine, Havok (also used in TLOU). Face it, this isn't GTA, or Saints Row, or any other kind of familiar sandbox game. I was having so muchSome of the gameplay mechanic is similiar to PlayStation Exclusive, The Last of Us. However, some of E3 2012-2013 part were mising or cut by Ubisoft such as; Hand-stealth, Gun sequense, dramatic story, etc... The gameplay psychic was using a low-life engine, Havok (also used in TLOU). Face it, this isn't GTA, or Saints Row, or any other kind of familiar sandbox game. I was having so much fun with the hacking part, by stealing personal information, bank account, taking over a network, but you just waiting for this cool game, until you give a good, or bad respond.... Expand
  4. May 28, 2014
    Although the graphics are somewhat disappointing, it still is a superb game pushing the 360 to the max with a lively world.
    The concept and cutscenes are great.
  5. May 27, 2014
    It's a good game, but you get tired too soon of it. Its pretty much like GTA on that aspect. But if you follow the Campaign its good, but not fantastic.

I really think that they could make the interactivity better and make all buildings accessible to enter (it's just a few that you really can enter and it's most food or gun related)
  6. May 27, 2014
    there is one word for this gam and it is amamzing 10/10 anyday because of its unique characters and 42 hour plus story and there is lot sto do in this city side missions and just messing about
  7. May 28, 2014
    i give watch dogs on xbox 360

because i thinq it is one of my best game in my life

and the hack's aidea make me so gooood

and i like very much aidden when he hack

and ubisoft it is one of the greatest company in the video games
  8. Jun 19, 2014
    It's the first game of the franchise. Of course, it has a lot of lame problems, including graphics and all... But I don't really care for graphcis. The physics is not that realistic, but that it isn't the game focus. The game is about hacking and doesn't disappoint in that topic. It's very fun walking on the Chicago streets seeing the civillian's information...
    I liked W_D, and for a
    I liked W_D, and for a first game of the franchise, it's a great experience.
  9. Jul 3, 2014
    I just LOVE Watch_Dogs! First off, the profiling is awesome, because I like to judge NPCs. The missions are fun, the screwing around is fun, the driving is weighty. The cops are BRUTAL, they almost made me want to change my ways! And, to the people complaining about the graphics, **** off.
  10. May 29, 2014
    Few games actually live up to the hype as is the case with Watch Dogs. With that said, for a brand new IP the game is pretty good. Considering that the XBOX 360 is now a 9 year old system, it does a very good job at pushing the graphics at good frame rates. Strong points are the stealth, hacking, plenty to see and do. The weak points are car physics a bit dodgy and take some time to getFew games actually live up to the hype as is the case with Watch Dogs. With that said, for a brand new IP the game is pretty good. Considering that the XBOX 360 is now a 9 year old system, it does a very good job at pushing the graphics at good frame rates. Strong points are the stealth, hacking, plenty to see and do. The weak points are car physics a bit dodgy and take some time to get accustomed to and some of the early side missions can be tough if you do not have some specific skill points.

All in all I like this game as it is a strong first showing.
  11. Jun 12, 2014
    The Game is pretty good but it has a few problems here and there like the A.I and Driving but other than that it is a pretty good game you should really give it a try!
  12. Jun 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is one of the best games of the year, and possibly the best one from Ubisoft. This game is a new way to think, instead of shooting everyone and doing chaos like a complete maniac, you can hack the city, and stop criminal. There are stealth missions, which are fun, the city of Chicago feels so alive, NPCs act like real humans, the react when you pull a gun out, when you stalk them or when you stumble against them. Sure the graphics have been lowered, but that doesn't really matter, because you don't need "real-life" graphics for the game to work right, and the graphics are already beautiful, especially at night. Story is riveting, since you play as Aiden Pierce a hacker that was robbing a bank with his partner; Damian, but he gets caught and his IP is being traced, causing that they kill his Niece. Aiden will find the men who threaten his family and stop them.

This game is good. But it runs bad on PC
  13. Jun 8, 2014
    This game is not what Ubisoft promised but that dosen´t mean that this game is bad. I spent a great time playing it, the story was enjoyable and the graphics were great for Xbox 360 standards.

By the other side is that they promised a lot with this game and many things we saw in the presentations dosen´t exist in the final game and some sub-missions are quite repetitive. Concluding

Concluding Ubisoft lied us with many features inside the game, but this watc dogs is still great, is a GOTY despite the "hypered" nerd's rage against him.
  14. Jun 3, 2014
    Graphics are good for old-gen, Story is fun, Game play is awesome, the World has plenty to do, and it is pretty smooth. I say it that it is really good and enjoyable.
  15. Jun 6, 2014
    Most of the poor reviews were written by people with ultra-high expectations.Guys,the industry is not all that innovative.Titanfall,for example! Fresh title,great idea,but same gameplay we all know,except for the titans.The same happens here.
    And please,stop comparing to GTA,this loos like a Fanboy War.
    About the game itself: Graphics? Washed,but still looking very nice. Physics? No
    And please,stop comparing to GTA,this loos like a Fanboy War.

About the game itself:
    Graphics? Washed,but still looking very nice.
    Physics? No problems so far.
    Story? Entertaining enough to keep me playing for some time
    Gameplay? The hacking system could get harder as you progress through the game,but it´s still a lot of fun to play.

FINAL SCORE:Great! 9.0/10.0
  16. May 29, 2014
    People entered this game expecting GTA V. Those people need to put down this game, and go play GTA V not Watch Dogs. Watch Dogs is a great open world hacking game.

Common complaints about it are that the graphics don't look like the E3 2012 demonstration. They need to understand the game was running on a PC, and was configured to look that good. They also don't understand it was a pre rendered video, not live game play. So it will always look better.

People also complain about the Cars being unresponsive etc. Play a proper driving game, then this game, you'll see that this is pretty good. GTA V controls like pudding.

Overall the plot is really good, relatable for most people who have siblings, it is a fun game with a lot to do. Big open world city to explore. In the end if you go in expecting Watch Dogs, you'll get watch dogs, if you go in expecting anything else you shouldn't be playing this game.
  17. Jun 4, 2014
    One of the best games on xbox 360 good story sidequests and multiplayer bad driveability and ac 3 graphics better than gta 5 for me andis an awasome game

it had too much expetation about graphics and **** but still a good game
  18. Jun 7, 2014
    This game is really fun! Of course it gets boring if you do criminal convoys for 15 hours straight...Look, let's be honest: The game has PERFECT phasing!
    Oh, and the graphics controversy...You are just being dumb if you think this game looks bad..It looks better then titanfall, how about that?
  19. May 28, 2014
    Pretty good. Its not really living up to the high expectations, but it has been fun so far. Think GTA with a cooler cell phone. To me none of the drama around the graphics carried much weight. I'm OK with the graphics falling short of the hype. My biggest complaint would be with the story so far, leaves a lot to be desired.

So far its just a typical sandbox where you can use your cell

So far its just a typical sandbox where you can use your cell to do some fun stuff while you drive and shoot your way through the missions.
  20. Jul 24, 2014
    seriously, the game wasn't bad at all. i just finish the game in 3 days and i really like the story where he going through, i know it not the best gameplay of all time, like driving a cars in the games the people really critics it because it not realistic than GTA 5, i confirm that, but the only things why because i like the game, it the hacking, the story, and the characters. i know theyseriously, the game wasn't bad at all. i just finish the game in 3 days and i really like the story where he going through, i know it not the best gameplay of all time, like driving a cars in the games the people really critics it because it not realistic than GTA 5, i confirm that, but the only things why because i like the game, it the hacking, the story, and the characters. i know they got some people saying truth like they work 5 years on the game and he decided to delayed and it worst than the first gameplay we seen when he announced. and too, we got critics about glitch but me i like glitch because it funny sometime, it depending, like if your get stuck on something and you can't move and you need to quit the game because your stuck when you was doing a mission and you need to restart the mission. i understand that. so i don't hate the game but sometime a was raging because when you cover yourself, sometime he got a enemy on your side and you got some difficulty to get off from the object and you get kill. so the game still not the best so far but i enjoyed it Expand
  21. Aug 12, 2014
    Great game, gets fun when u get your way around the hacking system and got some enjoyable puzzles, not too hard, but not too handhelding either. Online is alot of fun, you can do stuff like going into other players games as civilians trying to hack them for an amount of secons without them detecting and killing you. theres also stuff like racing ect. ai isnt bad, enemies are good atGreat game, gets fun when u get your way around the hacking system and got some enjoyable puzzles, not too hard, but not too handhelding either. Online is alot of fun, you can do stuff like going into other players games as civilians trying to hack them for an amount of secons without them detecting and killing you. theres also stuff like racing ect. ai isnt bad, enemies are good at hiding, sometimes i barely believe the red spots that shows where they are on my gps in game. Expand
  22. Aug 28, 2014
    This is the best game i ever played in my life this is a real game that i expect to have a open world there's the chess game and the card game the graphics are high end. Ignore the low reviews trust me you might want to play this game.
  23. Sep 17, 2014
    An enjoyable open world game. Driving is fine, it's not suppose to be a racing game, vehicles have weight to them. It is missing one thing though, no radio stations. All of the other GTA like games I enjoyed listening to the radio stations and that was completely removed. Plenty of side missions and hacking is what you would expect in a game. Graphics are good, not as much detail inAn enjoyable open world game. Driving is fine, it's not suppose to be a racing game, vehicles have weight to them. It is missing one thing though, no radio stations. All of the other GTA like games I enjoyed listening to the radio stations and that was completely removed. Plenty of side missions and hacking is what you would expect in a game. Graphics are good, not as much detail in things like damage to vehicle and surrounding things you run into, but still good. A large amount of content in game. Expand
  24. Oct 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Watch Dogs is an excellent game even on the Xbox 360 and is certainly a good buy. The story, concept, cut scenes and flow of the game is just brilliant but personally i feel that it could have been made much better given that they had 5 years to develop the game and given the the fact that it released a year later than the original date of release and also after Grand theft Auto 5. The game suffered major physics problems and the driving was let down but some were pretty good especially the shooting and one on one combats using stealth modes, explosions. Hacking was just brilliant but some were too easy such as hacking into other people's phone and using it to hank into their bank account. The game could have been better with coast guards. Aiden Pearce is a great character and the cyber vibe is just out of the world and the use of smartphone was just spectacular. Other drawbacks were that gamers were unable to shoot while "driving". The random events gets old too fast and certain sides are irrelevant to the story but is a great way to free roam. The mobile apps is really good and great way to while away your time and get engrossed into the game while not doing the campaign mode.
    Overall the game certainly deserves 8 out of a possible ten given the fact that this is the best Hacking game ever at least until the near future and I am certainly expecting Ubisoft to come up with a sequel and this time around to add in more features with better graphics and physics and try to eliminate all the previous glitches
  25. TSW
    Oct 27, 2014
    the only problem I see is the weird difficulty and the badly written characters. But everything else is great. I love the hacking, the vehicles are unique and the map is awesome!
  26. Nov 16, 2014
    I liked it, but the missions are very repetitive. Also, the map was to long for the number of missins (principal and secondaries). After 1 week, I left th game.
  27. Nov 21, 2014
    OK, this is NOT like GTA V. But leaving any comparisons aside, Watch Dogs is a great action open world game with a quite innovative script (hacking is a great element). It has many technical issues though (bugs, clippings etc) but this is quite frequent in the open world games. I personally like the weather effects (though raindrops should be less ... thick ... if you know what I mean) andOK, this is NOT like GTA V. But leaving any comparisons aside, Watch Dogs is a great action open world game with a quite innovative script (hacking is a great element). It has many technical issues though (bugs, clippings etc) but this is quite frequent in the open world games. I personally like the weather effects (though raindrops should be less ... thick ... if you know what I mean) and I hate the sea (the water's FX remind me of a PS2 game). I also hate the songs played on the radio so I always keep the radio off. But overall I really like this game since I'm a big fan of the open world genre. Forget about the PS4 version you see in YouTube, which is superior and consider this as a nice game for your X360's engine and go for it. Guys and girls that loved GTA series and Sleeping Dogs, will also love this one. Expand
  28. Feb 18, 2015
    Had a total blast playing this. I like it better than many GTA's, because the character was less of an idiot. Also, the shooting was fantastic, whereas GTA has never been top notch. So many great things...I could go on and on. I finished it with 86.1% completion.
  29. Mar 7, 2015
    This is one of the most innovative games I've played in a long time! It's stupid to put this game down because of it's graphics, which I think are fine. While it has similarities to GTA, it tries something completely different, seeing the focus is hacking. For one thing, the story is much more in depth than just running around stealing cars, and the characters have a lot more personality.This is one of the most innovative games I've played in a long time! It's stupid to put this game down because of it's graphics, which I think are fine. While it has similarities to GTA, it tries something completely different, seeing the focus is hacking. For one thing, the story is much more in depth than just running around stealing cars, and the characters have a lot more personality. There's also a lot more to do in the open world, with many missions, side quests and collectibles. Although, the combat system is too stealth based, making most of the guns useless, and the world could use some more money sinks. In my opinion this game is much better than any of the GTA games, even though most of the internet would disagree with me. Expand
  30. Mar 11, 2015
    When I started up Watch Dogs on my 360, I was worried. Really worried. When I heard about rumors of scaled-down graphics and gameplay, I was definitely worried, as I'm sure any gamer would be. But Watch Dogs surprised me. Sure, the graphics for Xbox 360 are less impressive than its current-gen cousin, the Xbox One, but that does not take away from the fun factor at all. The gameplayWhen I started up Watch Dogs on my 360, I was worried. Really worried. When I heard about rumors of scaled-down graphics and gameplay, I was definitely worried, as I'm sure any gamer would be. But Watch Dogs surprised me. Sure, the graphics for Xbox 360 are less impressive than its current-gen cousin, the Xbox One, but that does not take away from the fun factor at all. The gameplay turned out to be extremely fun, which pleased me and made me not want to put my controller down. The online hacking is most definitely the best and most intense part of the game, as you either hack someone and hide to stay alive until it finishes, or find the person who's hacking you and..... "take care" of them. The most ingenious mechanic in the game is definitely the hacking. You can disrupt traffic lights and blow up steam pipes, and even access personal information and bank accounts from people on the street. The story could have been a little bit better, but there are some very interesting characters, like Jordi Chin and Bedbug, so it isn't all that bad. Overall, Watch Dogs for Xbox 360 is an immense amount of fun, despite a somewhat lackluster story and something that didn't entirely match what we saw at E3 2012. Still, you'd be stupid to pass up a chance to play this game. Expand
  31. May 17, 2015
    Amazing game, my plus was that i didn't know what to expect. I haven't seen graphics that were on E3. I just hopped into game and enjoy it, story was great and upgrading system too. I don't get why are people so disappointed with this. Well, ubisoft didn't use all potential that game about hacking can use, but still a great game.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Jun 16, 2014
    In the end Watch Dogs has plenty going for it, without quite living up to the hype. But, Aiden Pearce is a great character, and a very nice design, and the story has an engaging cyber-noir vibe going for it. Just keep your eyes down and your smartphone charged.
  2. Jun 12, 2014
    Watch Dogs does do some new things and does them very well. With few exceptions it’s a polished and fun game and well-worth a look.