Oct 16, 2012Worms Revolution isn't a bad game, but it's not the best Worms experience on the Xbox Live Arcade. There are a few good ideas, along with some funky physics and water that acts a lot more like The Blob. You may still get some fun out of the multiplayer mode, but Worms fans are better off sticking with Armageddon!
Oct 4, 2012Worms Revolution isn't going to alter the gaming landscape anytime soon, but that doesn't stop it from being a good time. Its combat is as solid as ever, the addition of new classes and environmental effects work just fine, and it's still a blast to play with a pal or two.
Oct 4, 2012All in all, Worms: Revolution just doesn't have the polish to make it an improvement over previous games. Among these is the virtuous Worms 2: Armageddon, which looks prettier, plays more quickly, and has a far more concise HUD. It's also available on most of the same platforms and boasts a better single-player experience. Worms: Revolution just falls short of that comparison.
Oct 25, 2012With the 3D environments, Worms: Revolution becomes something far worse. It's noble to try to bring some changes to this long-running franchise, but only if they're well-thought out, patient, and beneficial to the strategy at the heart of the series. The rewrites in Worms: Revolution are not.
Mixed or average reviews- based on 13 Ratings
Jul 16, 2013well this is worms that we all know and love and/or hate. Revolution is yet another release in what is becoming a series that seems to churnwell this is worms that we all know and love and/or hate. Revolution is yet another release in what is becoming a series that seems to churn out 2 or more games a year for no reason at all other than milking a cow.
this is an average to bad game.
1. the AI is as dumb as its ever been. its chock loaded full of crack shot aiming ability able to make any impossible shot using the 10 or fewer weapons it knows how to use. i think the only new weapon the AI knows how to use is the blow torch but it sucks at doing that.
2. the narrator in campaign....is just bad. he tries way too hard. the only narrating this series has done successfully is the Me-Me voice over in worms 4 mayhem.
3. campaign mode.....is bad because of the aforementioned reasons of AI and narrator. it doesnt help you are always outnumbered by the AIs uncanny ability to hit impossible shots is amazing.
4. the wind meter indicator appears to have been dumbed down. it used in past games be a MPH meter but now its a 0-3 bars. i guess MPH was too complicated for casuals?
5. cant have more than 1 team
6. instead of a few hundred soundbanks like past games i think there were 20 maybe 30
7. customization of worm clothing remains inferior to worms 4 mayhem.
8. frame rate and lag....holy hell. its a shame team 17 has only produced one frame rate less game in the worms series in the past 12 years....that being worms armageddon.
9. the music is a horrible step backwards. songs are literally 5 second midi loops.
10. several weapons have gotten worse. the homing missile just does not work now. the rope cannot seem to even equal the rope in armageddon.
11. the AI again....will take awhile to do a move....to sometimes only end up skipping its turn yet the AI will sit there for 30 seconds only to skip its turn. other times it just gets stuck. this is what happens when you use the same AI algorithm since worms 1 in the 90s. literally the AI hasnt changed except its now more glitchy and perhaps worse. i think they gave it better crackshot ability which isnt an improvement is cheesy difficulty
12. too much more to list. though i will add the game has savedata issues and crashed in the first 10 minutes cause the narrator got stuck on a loop.
its not expensive.… Full Review »
Mar 28, 2013This game has so many issues. For one, as per EVERY Worms game, the AI is completely sluggish, taking at least 15 seconds standing still onThis game has so many issues. For one, as per EVERY Worms game, the AI is completely sluggish, taking at least 15 seconds standing still on every turn before moving. It takes way to long to play a game against the computer. Another MAJOR annoyance is that this game has a habit of deleting your save game data. They have addressed the issue with a patch that unlocks all the maps but you are still without your save game data. I was almost through the game, even bought extra DLC packs, unfortunately my save game is missing and so I will probably never play this slow, choppy graphics piece of garbage ever again. Team 17 really dropped the ball on this game. I think I am completely done with the franchise.… Full Review »