6.3

1. Nov 28, 2011
    @ oOMICHAELOo dude you are so correct. This game was a big disappointment to me , thq took a step backwards with this one. WWE 12 feels just like SVR11 . DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE FAN BOYS COMMENTS ... I ASSURE YOU IT'S THE SAME CRAP THEY GAVE LAST YEAR AND THE YEAR BEFORE . What annoys me the most is that this game feels sooooo recycled , from the finishers, the create modes (all of them ) and the character animations. This game is extremely glitchy ... dnt believe me???? then have match with more than 2 players in the ring . How this game got rated so high is a mystery to me but in all honesty I had more fun playing WWE all stars . It was less glitchy and the controls felt much more smoother. I will say it once more if you are not a fan of SVR series stay away from this. Expand
  2. Feb 24, 2012
    As an avid wwe fan and fan of wrestlig games I was excited about the release of wwe12. There are 5 main modes in the game. Road to WrestleMania which is like a story mode where you follow specific wrestlers roads thru the game. There are 3 different stories to choose. This mode is fun t first an becomes repetitive. There is Universe mode which is week in week out 3 different wrestling shows like dynasty mode in most sports games. Also repetitive but can be funa nd customized but is glitchy and flawed. You could have 1 wrestler fight in 3 of 5 matche on ppv shows, or wrestlers forgotton or a dlc charcter Kane can not be used in universe mode. As for the in ring gameplay this is the saving grace it is easy to use with deep button controler with a flawed reverse system, but overall it is the saving grace of this game. There is also online competition which is a train wreck, very slow like dial up internet days, long load screen and lagging matches with plenty of glitchers and hacking players. Then there is community creations which was released with this game an unfinished product which to this day 4 months after release not working, thq releases statements with possible fixes which never fix anything. The CC section is broke and has never worked and will never works. The creation mode offling is pretty solid same ole same ole create your wrestler options, but creating arenas and entrances can be fun if you have the time.
    Overall gameplay in ring after all the long waits, glitches and god forbid yo try to play on line is solid, but the online expierence and what thq stated its abilities would be turned out to be an outright lie. Dont know if it went untested but I wouldnt imagine they wouldnt stand behind what they have put out there. Over 3 months after release and still nowhere near working and guessing it will never work right because they are moving forward to wwe13. THQ dropped the ball on this one and it might explain the stories of layoffs. This game is a Skip it!
  3. Dec 4, 2011
    This game really blows. WWE hyped it up so much yet it's the same **** they offer each year. The reversal system doesn't work at all and when you're getting beat down, good luck trying to get out of it. Some moves automatically put you into the AIs arms and you can't reverse it then you get pinned. The targeting system sucks again. You'll end up punching the air half of the match because you're not even looking at the AI. The game is really bad, don't bother with it. SVR2011 is better and that's saying something! Expand
  4. Dec 3, 2011
    Ok, so a more in depth review is what I will be giving this time. Cons:

Gameplay:
    While the control setup is much better the game as a whole suffers because of the idiots over at Yukes who can't program a decent game to save their lives. You'll find yourself bumping into darn near everything. From ladders, people, tables, even going into a days for running over a chair. The gameplay
    aspect of this game is borderline broken. Which it has been for years now. A lot of people will tell you this years game is SO HARD. The AI isn't hard at all. Reversing however is darn near impossible. Sometimes the icon doesn't pop up at all, and other times it pops up for half of a half a second. I mean you would literally have to be able to slow down time to hit a lot of those reversals. HUGE pain in the lower backside.

Collision Detection:
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse they do just that. You'' find yourself hitting people, and it no registering over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Weapons, and fist warp through bodies like flubber. You can literally be right next to someone, and grab in the opposite direction or go to run at the person next to you , and go across the ring for no reason. A lot of the time I have lost matches because the way a person is standing made me grab, and or run i the wrong direction, and the CPU will catch you. All of the Restrictions:
    Universe mode is full of restrictions. Being able to have one person on multiple teams is not possible STILL. As well as Divas vs Males. What's the point of a match creator if you still tell me what I can & can't do with it? I mean I can make a 6 man match, and NONE of the options are there to tweak. Why can't I do a 6 man match where we can leave the ring? If a Diva is a manager DQ HAS to be on.

Missing Matches:
    Where is the Special Ref match? Tag vs Tag vs Tag? Buried Alive?

RTWM:
    The stories were all been there done that a million times. The UK guys take over. It was nothing more then a rip from the SvR 2009 with MVP & William regal being "Better Then Youtopia". That aside it gets REDUNDANT as hell. I mean every time you turn around you're battling in the backstage area. Which is more of a pain in the rump them a bullet to the face. Fighting backstage is so BAD. I can't stress that enough. When you're not doing that you have to do all these annoying little task that seem pretty pointless, and just make the game less fun.

The only pro to this game is... I want to say the Roster, but it's pretty lame due to a lot of the lames in the WWE at the moment. The legends available are ok. All in all this game is a bust. Nothing amazing or good here at all. Yukes, and THQ should be ashamed of themselves. I still am disappointed in the Day 1 DLC, and the trying to sell characters already on the disc, and who should have been in the game.
  5. Nov 29, 2011
    @ oOMICHAELOo dude you are so correct. The game is not much better than previous games. â
  6. Aug 2, 2012
    change the pin it sucks and the RTW sucks and the type A and type B controls are the WORST in the world make the pin and the controls the type one in S VS R 2010
  7. Aug 22, 2012
    What a joke! This game is by far the worst game of the WWE series in years. the graphics are terrible, the game play is horrid, and don't even get me started on the ridiculous control setup. Want my advice? Avoid this game!!! It is a waste of time and money and a complete mood killer.

1. Feb 14, 2013
    WWE 13 might not have any real competition when it comes to wrestling video games, but nevertheless it’s a great wrestling game and any fan should have this in their collection. The Attitude Era game mode was so nostalgic I smile thinking about it. Reliving those moments is worth it alone.
    WWE '12 takes the plunge and ditches the Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 moniker, mixing things up and slamming down the franchise for the three count. The overhauled system is a positive first step towards advancing the series, and the customisation is still second to none. So, pop on some tight pants. It's time for some wrassling.
  3. Jan 11, 2012
    Developer Yuke's celebrates the phrase "Going through the motions" with this loveless and utterly uninspired effort. Last-gen style graphics and a mind-numbingly tedious campaign beckons one serious question: Why?