7.2

1. Apr 13, 2011
    This game is like a medicine it needs to be taken in small amounts. Otherwise if you did what I did (sat there and played for 5 hours) It will be boring as hell afterward. There are 2 modes there is story mode where they all lead you to wrestlemania. You can play 3 different story's, the undertaker story (and in all of these you have to pick a wrestler to go against that person in theThis game is like a medicine it needs to be taken in small amounts. Otherwise if you did what I did (sat there and played for 5 hours) It will be boring as hell afterward. There are 2 modes there is story mode where they all lead you to wrestlemania. You can play 3 different story's, the undertaker story (and in all of these you have to pick a wrestler to go against that person in the story) the DX story and the Randy Ortan story and when you done with that you can do a mode where you can play matches in 2 different generation picking which generation character to go against the other generation (confusing I know) But this dose complete its goal of being over the top crazy but it has limited replay value. Expand
  2. Apr 23, 2011
    Of all of the wrestling games I have played, this is by far the best. It's over the top fun that you can play with your children and friends. It's not complex and easy to pick up and learn. The different modes give it some life and replayability. Well done.
  3. Apr 29, 2013
    I got the game on realease day and was forgiving the first night I played the game.The wrestling isn't that fun,the controls are bad and main stories are boring.
  4. Mar 29, 2011
    WWE ALL STARS is a must own for anyone looking to get back to the glory days of WWF wrestling games. So here we are on March 29th, I know this has been one of my highly anticipated titles in recent memory. Theres quite a bit to cover for this review so lets get the ball *match* rolling.

WWE ALL STARS is a pick em up, fighter/wrestling/arcade/ noob fail...you get the point. This game by no means can be classified as one particular genre. As a whole WWE ALL STARS comes into the ring with a great amount of talent, though its still green in terms of its success in the wrestling world, you will find that this game can give you something SVR cant, enjoyment. The days have passed where men like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Andre the Giant, and many more, have been inside the square circle *hogan dont count in TNA :)* ALL STARS brings these men along with many of great first time roster additions. Though the 30 man roster can seem like a very shallow amount, the amount of dlc (more on that later) is staggering. Many have claimed that the roster is to shallow, but I feel like there are people out there whom have forgot the days of only pickn between 8-15 men at the tops. 30 might seem small to SVR standards but lets set the record straight, by no means is this SVR, actually its something more. Though ALL STARS never gives you that realistic atmosphere, you loose yourself in the world of it. Yes thats right, its like being 6 years old again watching Hogan vs Warrior or Savage vs Steamboat. And if that wasnt enough throw in the 15 great superstars of today and you have yourself a great roster to throw around. Though DLC will upset some, Ive listend to countless people cry about THQ not giving out DLC so for me this is more a laugh in the face that they are actually doing this because of what people wanted.
    The biggest complaint that I can make against ALLSTARS is the fact that it does have some problems with modes. This is not a deal breaker by any means, though were not treated with the 345535 modes in SVR we do get a few that stand out. Elimination matches and Cage take the cake in the diversity department even if it is a few tweaks here and there, others like extreme rules and regular 1v1 dont have much to bring to the table, though they are fun theres just somthing more interesting throwing more people in and a cage to boot. That being said, path of champions is your standard fighting game tier. *not reviewing that part as a wrestling mode* you pick three paths take on DX, Orton, or Old School Undertaker and let me tell you the old taker scenes are such a nice trip down memory lane. The one true testament to Sal Davita and THQ is the Fantasy Warfare matchups. 15 matchups have been dreamed up for you to lay smack down on and they truly do not dissapoint. Though there are a few like snuka vs kane, and orton vs jake the snake that are kinda thrown together, you have some real gems with the buildups like hogan vs cena, austin vs punk. For any wrestling fan young and old this is truly going to be the games cup of tea. An if you love wrestling youll loose yourself in this mode.
    As far as the controls go, there are your standard strong and weak grapples and strikes, you have you standard run moves and such. Each superstar is packed with 4 signatures (rock has 5) and 1 finisher to go along with there movesets. Though some of the rosters moves such as warrior doing a roundhouse kick and stone cold missing the gut kick before the stunner, are in question it truly dosnt break you away from how much fun this game is. The controls are simple to start, you can look at the menu screen scan the list and pretty much jump right in, the beauty of this system is all the underneath combos, juggles, and twists and turns that make the system user friendly yet very complex addictive that rivals some fighting games.

ALL STARS does not come without its fare share of issues, there are bugs, Andres foot goes through bodys, small clipping issues, staggaring load times. As far as the cosmetic side, I would recommend anyone to install this game on your system to help with the loads times and graphic issues, this game packs quite a boot to the face in terms of power, so it might be best advised to try that method. It wont make it perfect but the issue can get some minor tolerance added. Create a Wrestler is completely barren and wether you truyl care to make your own guys ( I do not because all of my favorites are in the game) you might be very dissapointed. Its simple make a guy pick a movest it gives u pre entrances, cant use your own music yada yada. So i know that its probably the biggest thing they could improve on. Online mode is a tad slower then normal but it plays a 100% better then any SVR online in recent memory, I can actually get through a match without watching my guys blink across the ring. Its not perfect but it does what it needs for the small community.

In the end ALL STARS lays the smackdown on the WWE Universe!

1. Oct 21, 2011
    Digitized world of wrestling gets even closer of the beat'em'up genre. Simplified mechanics and exaggerated graphics highlight this transition from Smackdown series. Wrestling is fun with a friend, solo wrestling is only for Monty Python. [May 2011]
  2. Jul 10, 2011
    Even with its easily addressable faults, WWE All-Stars manages to brightly shine because it got the basics absolutely right.
  3. May 16, 2011
    Still, the game is a load of fun and arguably the best professional wrestling game to come out in many years. I know that wrestling purists would say that the arcade style slam-and-jam nature of All Stars is not an accurate representation of their beloved sport - but put the controller in their hands for ten minutes, and even the hardest of the diehards will be won over.