8.4

1. TrevorS.
    Jan 27, 2010
    I bought this game because I was very excited about the story creator. My friends and I like to use these games to create WWE versions of ourselves to beat the snot out of each other. I was really looking forward to using the story creator to enhance the experience. Unfortunately, I quickly discovered that you can only use created wrestlers ten times in each story file. I do not mean you I bought this game because I was very excited about the story creator. My friends and I like to use these games to create WWE versions of ourselves to beat the snot out of each other. I was really looking forward to using the story creator to enhance the experience. Unfortunately, I quickly discovered that you can only use created wrestlers ten times in each story file. I do not mean you are limited to using only 10 created wrestlers. I mean you can only use a created wrestler ten times. Not even ten each. This includes cut-scenes AND matches. For example, if you created a 6-man match using created wrestlers, and a cut-scene before and after the match using 2 wrestlers each, you would not be able to use created wrestlers again in that story. That's a load of garbage. If I had known about this ahead of time, I would not have bought this game. I am now going to Gamestop to see if I can return it or sell it back to them. What a joke. Expand

1. Those who are in the market for a new WWE game will delight in the raft of innovations, which dispel the myth that Smackdown is a gaming franchise that stood still. [Nov 2009, p.72]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Combines last year's excellent gameplay with a collection of features that should last the entire year. [Issue#51, p.72]
    The gameplay tweaks are welcome and make the experience feel fresh, the presentation is straight from TV, the load times are better than ever, the Road to WrestleMania is still great, you can create your own logos, and the ability to share your stories and characters is invaluable...WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 might not be the greatest wrestling game of all time, but it’s definitely the best the world’s seen in years.