XCOM: Enemy Within Xbox 360

7.7

1. Nov 18, 2013
    As a DLC this would have been perfect. The problem is, it's not. The additional content is very good but adds very little to the existing campaign. If anything the additional content feels tacked on, and really does not give you a feeling of playing something different. All campaign missions play out exactly the same, regardless of the content. Only the EXALT mission do give it a bit ofAs a DLC this would have been perfect. The problem is, it's not. The additional content is very good but adds very little to the existing campaign. If anything the additional content feels tacked on, and really does not give you a feeling of playing something different. All campaign missions play out exactly the same, regardless of the content. Only the EXALT mission do give it a bit of fresh air, but the focus is to little and it's over far too quickly.

XCOM: Enemy Within is nothing more than a Game of the Year edition, just with exclusive content added. After buying XCOM: Enemy Unknown last year and ALL the DLCs that have come out since, this copy made me feel a little cheated. If I had waited a year, I could have gotten the exact same game, and saved allot of money. This kind of reminds me of Viva Pinata & Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. or Dragon's Dogma & Dark Arisen Same problem, but at least VP:TIP & DD:DA had significant additions that did revolutionize the gameplay. XCOM: Enemy Within, sorry. But no. While I get that it includes new features that affect core gameplay, it still could have been a DLC, or at least given the option

Again, I reiterate, I still thought XCOM: Enemy Within was very good, but just doesn't offer enough extra content to warrant a re-release.

Overall:
    I was a bit disappointed as I had expect some more prominent additions to the main campaign. however it looks like Firaxis either was lazy or playing it too safe to change anything that actually needed changing. But at the very least I will say, yet again, I still liked it. If it had been a DLC, I would have scored it a 8.5 out of 10, but since it was released as a package, I have to grade it the way I see it on the whole.

I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't played the game yet, but if you do, don't bother with XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Side note to Firaxis:
    I am a little disappointed in you. I expect this from Capcom, but not you. I hope you are working on Terror from the Deep, but don't do it like this again. GOTY editions are all said and good, but don't make us buy them just to buy new content..
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    Honestly I enjoyed this expansion, even though its a console port, which is a rare thing for me as a PC Gamer. Some of this stuff should've been in the core came itself, but Firaxis probably had to milk us a little more and make the original Enemy Unknown fit for consoles. There's a few options added that can randomize your playthrough. The new maps are a welcomed addition, but unlessHonestly I enjoyed this expansion, even though its a console port, which is a rare thing for me as a PC Gamer. Some of this stuff should've been in the core came itself, but Firaxis probably had to milk us a little more and make the original Enemy Unknown fit for consoles. There's a few options added that can randomize your playthrough. The new maps are a welcomed addition, but unless your playing on the harder difficulties, by mid to late game you should have troops that steamroll anything, meaning that your most intense moments will come early on in your game. I'll rate this a 7, with an automatic deduction for being a console port. Expand
  3. Feb 21, 2014
    XCom: EW offers many new maps for players to enjoy. It adds a lot more tactical thought (if that makes sense), however I have found on bug that partly ruined my gameplay. Once I got to a certain point, I was unable to receive any medals. This is one of the reasons I bought the expansion, so I got mad when I realized I couldn't get medals.

1. Apr 22, 2014
    Many of the great franchises of the 90s have burned out or faded away. But now, XCOM is back in a way that plays like a love letter to the original. It may not be stellar, but it has everything to make it feel right with the old fans while at the same time welcoming the newbies with tentacular appendages. That is a rare and wonderful thing.
  2. Jan 2, 2014
    The follow-up to one of last year's best games is an enchanted version of the same masterpiece. Battles are more expansive and go way deeper than before. The higher difficulty levels alongside the Iron Man Mode gives the gameplay an incredible nerve and challenge. Xcom Enemy Within might as well also be one of this years best games.
  3. Games Master UK
    Dec 25, 2013
    Plenty of new features make this the perfect excuse to jump back into XCOM. [Jan 2014, p.85]