6.9

1. Jan 6, 2014
    The game looks like a great game I have been wandering were you can buy the game for xbox360 if someone can tell me that would be great I love how it continues off of assassins creed black flag
  2. Dec 30, 2013
    Ubisoft must have taken feedback from AC3, because this game fixed some of my biggest complaints (not all, but some).

Multiplayer maps are once again larger, they are closer to the maps you would find in AC Brotherhood, with multi-level, large maps.

The campaign has brought back upgradeable armor (through crafting), which changes the appearance of your character while also adding
    health perks.

Though I wasn't a large fan of the ship in AC3, they made it much more enjoyable in AC4, treating it more like your 'horse' than just a clunky side mission memory.

All in all, i would say this is a huge step in the right direction for the AC franchise.
  3. Dec 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Freedom Cry is a good DLC. Unfortunately, the game lacks in variety.
    Everything you do is free slaves and explore the islands. Everything is very stripped down and only provides just the same.
    The weapons you have not even unlock as you find the elite weapons on the islands. I hope for more DLC but cheaper. The DLC is too expensive for 10
  4. Dec 18, 2013
    Good add on very much worth the money hope more assassin' cree blackflag story add ons are coming out worth a Christmas giftand reakky good setting for this add on
  5. Jan 4, 2014
    I never expect DLC to be as in-depth as the main game, but this is a nice extension to Black Flag. Still hoping they spin Black Flag into it's own franchise, maybe a series of prequels without the AC branding attached. It's depth is enough to walk on it's own.
  6. Dec 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The city Port-au-Prince, is small and limited, and the dlc has few missions making 100% completion extremely easy. It would be better if EDWARD visited the area, giving a healthy boost to the game and adding a whole new empire, with would have been fun. Instead, no, we follow basically a less classy male Aveline De-Grandpré.
    It's boring and feels more like a chore than a game...
  7. Dec 27, 2013
    Often, you have to get me to argue to say something passionate, but since it's a rare thing I write reviews at all, you should know it left an impression on me. Of course it's short, it's DLC, but it has really good padding with the constant freeing of slaves in various different ways. It never got old to me. It's a first in a video game and something I really enjoyed. Adewale is a more fitting hero than Edward Kenway, not that Kenway is unlikable, but I would have rathered the game focus on him and slavery altogether as he has better motivations than Kenway. This short DLC has had more emotional resonance than the 50% of the main game I have finished so far and I hope Ubisoft doesn't let this them go.

If Ubisoft had focused on the first mate of the pirate Edward Kenway and him becoming an Assassin's instead of Kenway. I believe the overall narrative to Black Flag could have been stronger despite how much I actually like the game.

If they made AC V or another chapter of AC IV about slavery, it could have been Django, but less in your face with a little more comedy and a little bit more emotional depth that would give you the feeling of the Color Purple. A protagonist a little bit more like Ezio, but more depth. He could have had an emotional hook like a wife or family he needs to find like Spartacus. Slavery is perfect for that kind of depth, but they need to be in it, not above it. Shrink the scope of the game, not try to make the world so large. Just make it a part of the south with a few plantations and towns. Maybe fast travel to faraway places, unless it's a long path that the escape slave takes to freedom or to another town/plantation. That and a crouch button are what I'd wish for AC V.
  8. Mar 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Having played all of the Assassin's Creed franchise, this was a bit of a disappointment for me. Though I loved the assassin game play and mostly enjoyed the naval experience, the story was not amazing for an AC game. Edward doesn't become an assassin until the end of the game, but in fact impersonates one throughout. This was ashamed, and I think if this game had been released as a pirates game and hadn't focused on being similar to previous AC games I would have liked it more.
    I didn't not enjoy the experience, it just didn't impress me as much as I had hoped.
    Still, looking forward to the next Assassin's Creed game!
  9. Feb 12, 2014
    Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag- Freedom Cry is a decent, yet unpolished experience on the Xbox One. The story is good, but there are a few occasional bugs. Plus, some of the missions are just downright not fun.
  10. Jan 13, 2014
    I found the game no more than an extension of the other Assassin's Creed franchise games, however the fighting to create and expand your pirate fleet is incredibly fun. I wish they would expand this into a whole series on its own with the a "descent" story and extremely large battles.....maybe evolve from the tactical portion as your fleet grows into a strategic command and control style. It could be the best of both worlds. Expand
  11. Feb 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gostei muito do jogo. Excelente! A história é espetacular. Vale muito a pena. O único problema é que faltou a ligação com a história central da série. Mas, tirando isso o jogo é muito bom! Expand
  12. Mar 26, 2014
    Freedom Cry was interesting to say the least. It added some great story line to some supporting characters, added new game dynamics if only for the add on, and some new weapons/play style. But like most DLC it was short and lacking even when playing to 100% completion. I would say it was worth the money for the short fun and story, but afterward it does leave you with a feeling of "Should I have spent it on that?" Expand
  13. Jul 24, 2014
    One of the most breathtaking experiences I have ever experienced in gaming came from this work of art. This DLC was worth the money as it brings an emotional story that many of the fans of the franchise will enjoy because it deals with the morality of brotherhood, loyalty and torture.

A nice bit of extra story that suffers a little from resetting and restarting progress. Still - more ACIV is good. [Feb 2014, p.94]
  2. Jan 9, 2014
    Freedom Cry may not be particularly long or radically different from Black Flag but as a companion piece it feels important, imbuing its protagonist with a desire for retribution and justice that bleeds through the screen and inhabits your own persona. For that reason alone it deserves your attention.
    The inclusion of new tools only complements this rawness, and even adds a distinctly unique flavor to combat.