- Summary: Battlefield 4 is a first-person shooter that aims for unrivaled destruction. Fueled by Frostbite 3, Battlefield 4 allows you to demolish the buildings shielding your enemy. You will lead an assault from the back of a gun boat. Battlefield grants you the freedom to do more and be more whileBattlefield 4 is a first-person shooter that aims for unrivaled destruction. Fueled by Frostbite 3, Battlefield 4 allows you to demolish the buildings shielding your enemy. You will lead an assault from the back of a gun boat. Battlefield grants you the freedom to do more and be more while playing to your strengths and carving your own path to victory. Beyond its hallmark multiplayer, Battlefield 4 features an intense, dramatic character-driven campaign that starts with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and follows your squad's struggle to find its way home. Change the landscape in real-time with interactive environments that react to your every move. Dominate land, air and sea with all-new, intense water-based vehicular combat.… Collapse
Positive: 5 out of 5
Mixed: 0 out of 5
Negative: 0 out of 5
Nov 26, 2013An excellent multiplayer game that makes the most of its ambitions, proving once again that destruction is a valuable strategic addition to competitive combat, which reaches its full potential with two killer Commanders are bringing out the best in their squads. On the other hand, its single-player campaign is a disappointing, but a functioning and familiar game with overwhelming action and remarkable spectacle.
Dec 3, 2013The textures, lighting, and color saturation are all slightly worse than on the PlayStation 4 version, but still much better than Xbox 360/PS3. Secondly, though there occasional connectivity issues with the online multiplayer, the majority of our play time was issue-free and full of the immense, chaotic excitement that makes this game shine.
Dec 13, 2013The score is given on trust, because at the moment you might not get into an online match even after several attempts, not to mention other bugs and graphic glitches. An upcoming patch should resolve most of the problems, but right now the bugs are still there and the single player is really weak. Multiplayer, instead, is the usual blast and the new modes, new maps and 64 players in Conquest mode are simply great.
Nov 22, 2013I'll keep this short a simple. Having put a good amount of time in with the Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 4, and many hours playingI'll keep this short a simple. Having put a good amount of time in with the Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 4, and many hours playing Battlefield 3 on ultra on PC, I have to say I am absolutely blown away by the Battlefield experience on offer on Xbox One. The controls are silky smooth at 60fps and the graphics are absolutely next-gen. If you have been wondering if Xbox One could handle the full Battlefield experience, look no further, Battlefield 4 on Xbox One is a knockout.… Expand
Feb 18, 2014My actual score is 9/10 but I'm placing a 10 to counter the trolls voting negative because the game is "unfinished". (neilsmif1980 andMy actual score is 9/10 but I'm placing a 10 to counter the trolls voting negative because the game is "unfinished". (neilsmif1980 and Cylian1) You can't score the game negatively because it has connectivity problems regarding the servers. Yes, EA is at fault for forcing DICE to release the game early even though they were not ready, but when reviewing a game, you have to look at the finished product. Now that DICE has implemented some fixes for stability, performance and various bugs and glitches, we can look at core assets of the game to judge for review.
I personally think this is the best game on next-gen consoles right now. If you like realistic shooters and a new and innovative experience with intense graphics, sound and gameplay, Battlefield 4 has it all!! The game seems a little bit overwhelming at first with all the content, the size of the maps combined with the amount of players, and all the vehicles. It really feels like you're in all out war!!!
Go play one round of Conquest and regardless of how many times you die, if you don't think Battlefield 4 is an amazing experience, you're out of your mind. When it comes to competitive game play, this game both doesn't and does have it. Conquest can't really be played competitively because of its size. The squads can't communicate with each other and a lot of players barely have their mics in anyways. Deathmatch and smaller game types like Domination are better for competitive game play.
I don't wanna break the game down too much. I just wanted to get my opinion out there. 9/10 for me… Expand
Apr 7, 2014Most of the negative reviews of this game tend to be on account of a) lost saved games; b) issues joining servers; c) the fact that it doesn;tMost of the negative reviews of this game tend to be on account of a) lost saved games; b) issues joining servers; c) the fact that it doesn;t depart much from BF3. Fair enough i guess if this is what youhave experienced.
From my point of view, i havn;t had any problmes with saved games or the servers;;; and i never played BF3 so this doesn;t matter to me.
BF4 is a great game; so much more substantial than Titan fall which is too much of a free for all.… Expand
Aug 20, 2014This review applies to multiplayer only:
I have put a decent amount of time in playing the multiplayer, probably on the order of 7 daysThis review applies to multiplayer only:
I have put a decent amount of time in playing the multiplayer, probably on the order of 7 days worth of playing time. The multiplayer maps are good, the game is in-depth and the gameplay is smooth most of the time, however, there are some issues that are somewhat embarrassing that keep this game from a higher score.
- Very good graphics
- Realistic weapon/vehicle behavior and physics
- Destructible environments
- Smooth controls, weapons and vehicles control smoothly.
- A lot of content and in depth, there is enough to keep you busy for a year, trying to get all the unlocks.
- Great stat tracking and the skill calculator is also useful.
- Vehicles are balanced, for every good person with a tank or helicopter, there are people on foot that can always take them out. Although people with a lot of skill in a particular vehicle can sometimes control the game but that is deserved.
- When a building collapses, it should not freeze up the entire match for everyone playing, this is just unacceptable, it causes players to crash vehicles and disrupts the game flow
- You should be able to edit your player and vehicle loadouts at ANY time. Why do you have to be in the game wasting precious time figuring out and debating your loadouts? That is completely idiotic.
- All weapons in the game should at least be somewhat functional, there are a lot of weapons in the game that are not even worth touching.
- The special weapons on the map should not be so mystical to pick up. They should be allowed to be picked up instantly, instead of trying to figure out EXACTLY how long to hold the button to acquire the weapon. WTF IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS?
- Instead of a building instantly killing ALL people inside when it has enough damage to collapse, before it actually collapses, give players a chance (~5 seconds) to try and get out or jump off. Very unrealistic. This is especially annoying on Siege of Shanghai when teams are on top of "C". Everyone on top of the building instantaneously dies as soon as the trigger point for the collapse is reached with no chance given to escape.
-Create a qualification for being able to fly helicopters/jets. A basic training simulator section in the game for flying vehicles, with tasks the player must complete before being able to actually fly vehicles in the game would prevent a lot of unnecessary deaths. When I am having a bad day, all my pilots seem to be 10 year olds who don't make it out of the spawn.
Overall Battlefield 4 is a quality game on the Xbox One, however, it doesn't get a VERY high score with me because of some annoying flaws that could be fixed with a little more proactivity from the developer.… Expand
Mar 19, 2014EA servers= doodoo. That's really all that can be said. The game had a myriad of bugs at launch that have been fixed but lag still persists.EA servers= doodoo. That's really all that can be said. The game had a myriad of bugs at launch that have been fixed but lag still persists. And let's not forget one of the worst server browsers in history: "Oh sweet this game has only 46 people in it. Wait...why am I in a damned queue then?!"… Expand
Dec 11, 2014This game rightfully deserves its bad reviews due to how long it took EA and Dice to fix the piles of glitches it had upon release (about 8This game rightfully deserves its bad reviews due to how long it took EA and Dice to fix the piles of glitches it had upon release (about 8 months before it was all fixed). The DLC was lackluster, and didn't really feel worth the $40 for premium.
However, they really stepped it up recently, even though there was very little incentive for EA and Dice to try so hard so late after release once the game had been reviewed so badly. This game is definitely worth the money, especially at this point. Vehicular gameplay is the best I've ever seen, and 64 player multiplayer is always exciting.
I was once unsatisfied, but they've officially redeemed themselves, sort of. I will be buying Hardline, and Battlefield 5.
Feb 23, 2014this has to be one of the worst games i have ever played. the single player is just utter rubbish but the big problem is the multiplayer.this has to be one of the worst games i have ever played. the single player is just utter rubbish but the big problem is the multiplayer. After investing over 150 hrs of game play i cant walk away saying i had a good time. the game is hopelessly broken even after months to fix it it is still s!@t to play. So i found myself constantly getting one shot from across the map with any sort of weapon is just a joke. if i had the money i would either sue or buy out EA and DICE and destroy their companies and make sure the employees never found a work again. you will find no help or support from EA or DICE s, avoid this pile of crap at all costs. i am now selling my xbox one and this joke of a game as it was just a waste of money… Expand