6.7

1. Dec 14, 2013
    I always loved the Dead Rising series, but it always had some frustrating design flaws that marred the overall experience and made it hard for me to recommend to all.

From unfair, tedious boss battles to a frustrating save system all of that seems to have taken on board and I think unshackled the game from it's well-meaning, but clumsy predecessors.
  2. Nov 26, 2013
    I came into DR3 with mixed feelings about the series. I enjoy zombie media and the first two titles were fun, but I disliked aspects to the design that included saving was a chore and I always felt restricted from what I enjoyed the most, taking out zombies.

My surprise DR3 is just what I wanted. More zombies on the screen than I can count and it feels like at times you have to run for your life because the numbers are overwhelming. Just the feeling I would expect during a zombie apocalypse. Reading some of the negative reviews with questionable negatives. I have played 30 hours and maybe only a couple times had a dip in framerate. It played smooth with hundreds of zombies on screen. I am left surprised how smooth and nice the game looks. The graphics are a step up from last generation, but nothing that will blow your socks off, and that is ok. Graphics are a huge plus, but Fun Factor is numero uno in my book.

The game has a mode where you can save anywhere and just enjoy the fun and crazy it has to offer. You can level up and continue to play what is like a new game+ and in survive mode which limits your saves to bathrooms like the prior iterations. The addition of vehicles and creation is a huge plus. The combining of items on the spot is important and keeps you from having to hunt down a spot to create weapons, which keeps you actively hacking zombies! The story is nothing to different from prior titles and the main character is ok and it kept me engaged.

The main problems of prior DR games were improved in this round and I recommend it.

Graphics: 8-10 Improved from prior titles but doesn't blow your socks off. Very good though!

Sound- 8- Everything from the moan of zombies to the cars sounds great and really no complaints here.

Controls- Controls very well the the trigger vibration during driving is a neat addition. The only complaint is the mapping/life items. It is too easy to drop a weapon during a fight just to get more life. Life items should be mapped to a different button/layout.

FUN factor- 10! I enjoyed the other Dead Rising games, but something was always a little off for me, but this time around it is a BLAST.

Side note: Reviews that have have a very low score are questionable because the game is not broken and plays perfectly. Games rated that low are broken mess. Gamers that have agendas go to ratings for what cause, only they know.
  3. Dec 22, 2013
    This game has a few fatal flaws
    here's a list
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Missleading Navigational compass. Road blocks that prevent vehicles from traveling short distances. Uneven difficulty that's sometimes too easy and too hard Online lag Slowdown when too much action is on screen Low Res texture pop in Load Times that last nearly 2 minutes everytime you die. Aside from these issues
    This game has a few fatal flaws
    here's a list
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Missleading Navigational compass.
    Road blocks that prevent vehicles from traveling short distances.
    Uneven difficulty that's sometimes too easy and too hard
    Online lag
    Slowdown when too much action is on screen
    Low Res texture pop in
    Load Times that last nearly 2 minutes everytime you die.

Aside from these issues the game has the best melee combat, shooting controls seen in any other third person action game. The multiplayer is also well implimented. It's a shame they didn't delay the game to fix these problems.

I'd like a sequel or reworked edition to address this game's issues. I'd also like to suggest putting in a death match and local multi player mode. Since you play a mechanic, why not fix broken vehicles?
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    Check Xclusiveitalian 's review history, posting 10/10's for PS4 games, but 0's on all Xbox games, Metacritic serves no purpose if not moderated. Same for user MGdawg and Nintengod is hyping Nintendo scores & posting 0's on Xbox One games. I wish all of these fanboys get banned, so Metacritic can be useful again to decide for a game/product.
  5. Nov 24, 2013
    Anyone who says the graphics are bad doesn't know what a polygon count is and is simply uneducated on video game CG. you would have to be overwhelmingly ignorant to think that. graphics are awesome considering the massive scope of the game, seeing hundreds of zombies at once.
  6. Dec 9, 2013
    This game is fun as the same DR1 & 2, feels better in the gameplay, more weapons to use (now you really grab everything in the game), the word is bigger and the jokes for fans are great: same formula, only better
  7. Dec 29, 2013
    Hundreds of unique zombies on-screen at a time, creative/fun weapons & vehicles to slaughter them with. High replay-ability, decent enough story, co-op play is a huge plus.
  8. Jan 22, 2014
    Now this is a great launch title for the Xbox One. I never got into the first dead rising on Xbox 360 and never played dead rising 2. but after playing dead rising 3 I Got to admit I'm hooked on this game. Yes you can tell that it was originally made for Xbox 360, but later beefed up and made for The *Awesome* Xbox One.the game is full and I mean full of Zombies at one time with no frameNow this is a great launch title for the Xbox One. I never got into the first dead rising on Xbox 360 and never played dead rising 2. but after playing dead rising 3 I Got to admit I'm hooked on this game. Yes you can tell that it was originally made for Xbox 360, but later beefed up and made for The *Awesome* Xbox One.the game is full and I mean full of Zombies at one time with no frame rate drops in site with the madness going on screen. The game has Humor,gore (lots of gore),sweet vehicles and weapons you can create with ease.the only problem I've seen is some times the games freezes for about a second or two but the game runs fine otherwise so far. so with all that said, Dead Rising 3 is one great game for the Xbox One and a must play. Expand
  9. Dec 24, 2013
    A good game. Don't expect it to be a survival game because it's not. but it's fun to destroy hordes of zombies using combo weapons and veicles. I recommend it
  10. Dec 20, 2013
    This is the best launch title since Halo Combat Evolved.
    This is the best launch title since Halo Combat Evolved.
    The Dead Rising series just keeps getting better. The story is similar to the precious titles; Discover why this happened and try to escape, but nobody really plays these games for the story. The graphics although not going to take your breath away are still a noticeable step up from the previous generation console. The game has had over a thousand zombies on screen at once, while gas canisters explode around me, setting zombies on fire, and raining blood all around my player, all while driving in a combo vehicle and maintaining 30 fps. The characters also show more noticeable emotion in their facial expressions.
    Everything I disliked about the previous titles is gone! You can save on the fly, The time restraints are much more relaxed, you can make combo weapons and vehicles anywhere, and you have access to multiple safe houses where you can resupply on any item you have ever picked up, or garages where you can reclaim any vehicle you've ever driven. I understand that this does decrease the difficulty of the game a bit, but the added fun factor massively out ways the negatives.
    The game is gory vulgar and everything else you should expect from a AAA zombie massacre game. Over the top violence and humor that goes well beyond being suggestive is the bread and butter of this game. The coop feature works very well also. There are few things more fun than teaming up with a buddy and plowing through hordes of zombies. I would give the game a 9.5 were that an option. The only reason being the not quite outstanding graphics, but since it is not an option I round up to 10. Buy this game it is reason enough to purchase an Xbox One!
  11. Nov 24, 2013
    PLEASE ignore the 0 reviews, none of them play or own an X1. Dead rising 3 is actually a very beautiful and fun game. The sheer amount of zombies is mind boggling. There is alot to do in this game and multiple modes like Nightmare and timed.

Coop with a partner is very satisfying. If you want an open world game with a next Gen feel, this is the one for you.
  12. Mar 12, 2014
    I don't have an Xbone I have a PS4 but I played this from start to finish at a buddies.... I don't know how this game got such a low score, the game is fun, what do people expect out of a game that was made to just go around kill zombies and have a blast...It's like those people who gave splatter house a bad review because the game had no good story.... Of course a game named "splatterI don't have an Xbone I have a PS4 but I played this from start to finish at a buddies.... I don't know how this game got such a low score, the game is fun, what do people expect out of a game that was made to just go around kill zombies and have a blast...It's like those people who gave splatter house a bad review because the game had no good story.... Of course a game named "splatter house" will have a good story.lol... Anyway I played through the game and I thought it was much better than the other Dead Risings....Pick it up if you own a xbone Expand
  13. Nov 25, 2013
    The Sony fan boys can't stand the fact that the PS4 doesn't have any well reviewed games, so they have to come on here and trash this game for no good reason. I've been playing DR3 since launch day and having so much fun. It's not perfect but worth buying. I bought both this game and Forza 5, both games are outstanding.
  14. Dec 18, 2013
    A really fun game, with some of the frustrations of the old Dead Rising corrected, and a staggering number of Zombies on-screen. It's story is still by-the-numbers, but most of the characters have enough personality to make you care a little bit at least about saving them.
  15. Jun 25, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is a great and fun gaming experience the graphics is gorgeous and the story is superb. I thoroughly enjoyed killing tons of zombies and using a huge array of things to kill the zombies with. and the addition of driving cars makes it even more enjoyable
  16. Nov 22, 2013
    I find it funny how if you click on the name of someone who scored this game a 0 you can see how they gave every Xbone game a 0 and there beloved PS4 games a 10....
  17. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is FUN! The weapons storage system is so forgiving, and makes it much easier to load up on your favorite mega weapons for a mission run. There's no need for "realism" with the inventory, and having to start finding ingredients all over again in a game like this - thank you for chanign that from the older DR games! The controls are tight and responsive, the vehicles are useful andThis game is FUN! The weapons storage system is so forgiving, and makes it much easier to load up on your favorite mega weapons for a mission run. There's no need for "realism" with the inventory, and having to start finding ingredients all over again in a game like this - thank you for chanign that from the older DR games! The controls are tight and responsive, the vehicles are useful and handle well, the characters are entertaining, the cut scenes are SHORT and TO THE POINT (i hate long cutscenes with slow pacing - LET ME PLAY), and the amount of characters on the screen is staggaring! There is a neat little novelty of getting more missions and small items via the Xbox Smartglass, there are plenty of optional collecting items to hunt for if you want, the environments are fun and organized well with plenty of buildings to go in and out of. Here's a nice little OPTIONAL exploit as well... if you rant to just enjoy the game, and power thru everything (like me) you can rank up easily/quickly with the scythe weapons, and as you character levels ahead faster than intended, the bosses and challenges are a breeze. I get it some people want a hardcore challenge, but i want to play a game that is fun and entertaining to me, which is a little challenging, but let's me progress thru without getting frustrated or bored. Give this game a try even if you haven't played the old Dead Rising games! Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2013
    Oh look the ps4 drones are giving low scores. How mature, fanboys. As for the sane people reading this, don't listen to the mindless haters, its a good game.

Its just as good as the previous Dead Rising games, actually its the best one so far. If you are a fan of the series definitely get this. If you are too much of a tight ass that can't handle the goofy nature of this game (the entire series actually) then go away, it was never meant for you.
  19. Dec 4, 2013
    I've played all the Dead Rising games and have to say I am completely satisfied with DR3. Excellent gameplay, great graphics, enjoyable story, fun characters... it's got all of these elements and more.
  20. Nov 22, 2013
    If you played any of its predecessors, then you already know what to expect; lots of zombies, crazy weapons, and a lot of fun. However, just like its predecessors, slaying thousands of zombies get tiresome after a few hours. Furthermore, there is not much replay value outside of co-op, arguably its best feature. Unfortunately, even co-op won't keep you playing for that much longer.If you played any of its predecessors, then you already know what to expect; lots of zombies, crazy weapons, and a lot of fun. However, just like its predecessors, slaying thousands of zombies get tiresome after a few hours. Furthermore, there is not much replay value outside of co-op, arguably its best feature. Unfortunately, even co-op won't keep you playing for that much longer.

In terms of gameplay, its your basic third person action hack 'n slash with a fairly robust crafting/upgrade system. Executions show a lot of detail and are quite entertaining, however you will be experiencing deja vu rather quickly when you consider how many zombies you will be killing. The game also boasts 300+ weapons, but only a handful of "ultimate" fully upgraded weapons exist; its these weapons that you will ultimately be using over and over again. Vehicle crafting is a nice touch, but it fairly limited. Still, running down a large mob with a car will likely bring a bit of joy the first few times you do it.

In terms of performance, the only thing next gen about this game is the shear number of zombies on screen. They did a great job on the number count, the variety of character models, and of course the models of the zombie "innards". Unfortunately, the fact that this game started on Xbox 360 shows, with poor textures and a stumbling 20 fps. In my opinion, Dead Rising 2 had more than enough zombies and they didn't need to sacrifice frame rate for three times the zombie as twice as many zombies would have probably been enough.

In the end, if you like third person action games, love the idea of slaying thousands of zombie in unique ways, then I say give it shot. While it may not represent what next gen is capable of, it kept me entertained through most of the night (about 8 hours before I was bored of it). I'd say that's reasonable as many AAA only last about 8-12 hours these days to begin with (though DR3 could keep you busy longer than that).
  21. Dec 12, 2013
    I'm not a big zombie game fan, but there's a lot of fun to be had in the game. It looks good, and plays good. Just wandering around finding blueprints and making crazy weapons to beat up zombies is an absolute blast. A few nods to Capcoms Street Fighter franchise exist in the weapons, and I'm sure there are others to find too.

Great launch game.
  22. Nov 27, 2013
    Fantastic game and best in the series yet. This game and Forza5 are the two best launch games on either console so far. If you have an xbox one pick Forza5 and Dead Rising 3 up right now! Dead Rising 3 has a very big world, TONS of zombies, nice graphics and it is a ton of fun to play.
  23. Jan 28, 2014
    Last gen available games aside, I now own every console exclusive launch title. I've played most of them to completion and, I can safely say, that this one was the best out of all of them, PS4 and XB1 combined. While it's obvious that each game is from a different genre, there's just a ton more fun and charm with this game. That's not to say this game is perfect. I fully believe that onceLast gen available games aside, I now own every console exclusive launch title. I've played most of them to completion and, I can safely say, that this one was the best out of all of them, PS4 and XB1 combined. While it's obvious that each game is from a different genre, there's just a ton more fun and charm with this game. That's not to say this game is perfect. I fully believe that once Titanfall and inFamous 3 come out in March, they will pass this game easily. But from a sheer fun standpoint, this game takes the cake. There's so much to do and collect that it can keep you playing for hours on end. The endless number of zombies on the screen is truly great and I had alot of fun here. There are problems, mainly with the graphics. The Last of Us, a last gen game, looks better than this and that's a huge problem. I don't know if they had to sacrifice graphical power to add all those zombies on the screen but it's a huge blow for the game. Plus, the boss battles, as well as the psycho or optional boss battles, are not very good. They can be clunky and hard to beat sometimes just based on technical problems with the camera or controls, which both are not great. Still, with the average score for all the console exclusive launch titles for both systems being so mediocre, this was easily the best of the bunch for me. There's just so much to say about the amount of fun this game brings to the table. While the core gameplay isn't new, it's still a great game to sit and play for a few hours for some fun. But it will fall behind when some of these games for 2014 are released as it just doesn't have the staying power. But then again, I don't believe a single launch title out of all of them will. Expand
  24. Apr 7, 2014
    I purchased Dead Rising with my Day One Xbox One and I have to say it's a good game but man does it get boring quick!

The story and characters and forgettable, the graphics for a powerful console are not good, I know there are loads of Zombies on screen but this is where the biggest problem with DR3 is. To show the power of the Xbox One, the streets are filled with thousands of

To show the power of the Xbox One, the streets are filled with thousands of Zombies, but this means getting from one point to another is a chore. It's great fun at first, mowing Zombies down and getting your kill count up, but it really starts to give you that feeling of " Oh no, not more Zombies". If you want to find out why the story takes a back seat to killing Zombies, take a look at the achievements list.

The original Dead Rising was fun, but DR3 has been destroyed by the notion of quantity over quality.
  25. Nov 30, 2013
    Just finished the game, and loved it. Funny, addictive, and steamrolling 1000's of zombies just doesn't get old. Very few games I start a second play through, but have done with this right away to try and complete things I missed. Few games also make me laugh out loud quite like this too. Brilliant game and a great start to the new gen.
    A f£&k all the idiots damaging the score of a game
    A f£&k all the idiots damaging the score of a game people spent years of their life working on because of some bizarre affinity for one corporate entity over another.
  26. Dec 24, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 is the best Dead Rising yet. It finally gives gamers the open world zombie apocalypse game they've been wanting to play. I came into Dead Rising 3 thinking It was going to be a mediocre experience, but to my surprise I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I was expecting to. This is a game that is a lot more fun to play than to watch someone else play. SmashingDead Rising 3 is the best Dead Rising yet. It finally gives gamers the open world zombie apocalypse game they've been wanting to play. I came into Dead Rising 3 thinking It was going to be a mediocre experience, but to my surprise I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I was expecting to. This is a game that is a lot more fun to play than to watch someone else play. Smashing zombies with the endless amount of weapons never seems to get old in contrast to watching someone else repeatedly bash them. I'm proud to say this is a great Xbox One launch title. In trailers leading up to the game, the graphics looked pretty mediocre and the videos weren't doing them justice, but I have to say playing the game was a totally different experience. They really polished up the graphics before the release of the game. I'm very impressed. The game is a great solid 'next gen' game. The graphics are a big leap in nice crisp resolution and the absence of loading screens in between gameplay segments immerses you into the experience like never before. I'm in continual awe of the amount of detail the game is able to convey on screen at one time. You really feel you are amidst of a real zombie apocalypse. Also, in the trailers, the zombies looked very harmless and not really a threat. But just wait until it turns night time! The cutscenes are also top notch with the characters being very life like and full of emotion. The game like others in the series features tongue in cheek, corny dialogue and characters, but they really nailed it this time. It fits the game perfectly. It helps ease the tension of constantly being surrounded by zombies. Initially the controls feel a bit sluggish, but eventually you get used to them and they aren't game breaking. There is so much in this game, its hard to comment on everything. But most of the things they did right. The only thing that really started to bug me was the constant need of having to check the map to find one little item or blueprint. Overall, I really enjoyed Dead Rising 3. It's one of the most mature brutal games to have ever come out. I hope Microsoft keeps pumping out more mature titles. Expand
  27. Nov 28, 2013
    Although the graphics are what some people would consider very disappointing for a next gen game, Dead Rising 3 is none the less a fantastic game and in my opinion probably one of the most entertaining games I have ever played. You can't help but want to complete all side missions and experiment with a huge array of weapon combos to hack and slash helpless zombies. The story is very goodAlthough the graphics are what some people would consider very disappointing for a next gen game, Dead Rising 3 is none the less a fantastic game and in my opinion probably one of the most entertaining games I have ever played. You can't help but want to complete all side missions and experiment with a huge array of weapon combos to hack and slash helpless zombies. The story is very good (as are all DR games) despite being executed poorly, many reviewers fail to note how smart the story line actually is.

The darker tone, excellent weapon selection, funny psychopaths (bosses) and huge map (for a DR game) makes Dead Rising 3 a great choice for an early Xbox One game.
  28. Dec 10, 2013
    Excellent coop game available for the xbox one. I can understand some fans of previous games complaining about the time restraints not as tight as Dead rising 1 and 2 but there is a nightmare mode which reduces the time you have and also the zombies are harder and the safe points are reduced. Due to the mass of zombies on screen this does slow down the graphics but the gameplay ofExcellent coop game available for the xbox one. I can understand some fans of previous games complaining about the time restraints not as tight as Dead rising 1 and 2 but there is a nightmare mode which reduces the time you have and also the zombies are harder and the safe points are reduced. Due to the mass of zombies on screen this does slow down the graphics but the gameplay of slaughtering zombies never lets up on latter in the game with thousands of zombies on screen and my enjoyment never stopped rolling them over. Needs coop to fully enjoy the game trying to beat each other wearing the silliest clothes and best combo weapon. The launch games for the xbox one this is the one I have enjoyed the best. Highly recommended playing coop you loose something playing single player. Expand
  29. May 10, 2014
    Its a marginal game.

Graphics: Decent graphics with occasionally inconsistent rendering quality - 8 Game play: Its fun enough and the zombie slaughter never ends - 7 Sound: The sound has some real issues with very poor distance to volume. - 5 Exploration: Big maps to explore and lots of stuff to find - 8 Replayability: not a lot to recommend as replay value - 4 Story: Practically
    Its a marginal game.

Graphics: Decent graphics with occasionally inconsistent rendering quality - 8
    Game play: Its fun enough and the zombie slaughter never ends - 7
    Sound: The sound has some real issues with very poor distance to volume. - 5
    Exploration: Big maps to explore and lots of stuff to find - 8
    Replayability: not a lot to recommend as replay value - 4
    Story: Practically none existent and very shallow - 4
    Combat: Its a button masher for sure, but not in bad way - its serviceable - 6
    Crafting: Lots of crafting and there are wild things you can construct from vehicles to weapons - 8
    Soundtrack: Decent - 7

Overall a solid 7
  30. Nov 24, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 is hands down the best entry in the series. It's too bad that Sony fanboys are lying about owning these games and giving them low scores. Anyways, as for Dead Rising 3, it's a massive city with no load times, lots of detail, lots of things to do, great cutscene cinematics with excellent facial animations, etc. The Sony fanboys seems to be jealous of all the Xbox One exclusives.
  31. Feb 25, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is personally to me a breath of fresh in a boring dead franchise. Ever since the very first dead rising iv never really cared for them i mean i thought they were ok but i didn't in particularly care for mindlessly killing zombies through a rushed **** storyline. So they never had any interest to me. Even when xbox live was giving away Dead Rising 2 away for free i probablyDead Rising 3 is personally to me a breath of fresh in a boring dead franchise. Ever since the very first dead rising iv never really cared for them i mean i thought they were ok but i didn't in particularly care for mindlessly killing zombies through a rushed **** storyline. So they never had any interest to me. Even when xbox live was giving away Dead Rising 2 away for free i probably played for 4 hours, got bored and moved on. The games weren't bad, they just weren't my cup of tea. However this is not the case with Dead Rising 3. The storyline is fun and hilarious the weapons are outrageous, even-though the game takes well over 20 hours to be everything for one play through it goes by extremely fast and there are actual benefits for going back in and beating the game on nightmare mode. Also its simply amazing to play with another person in co-op. this game is definitely changed how i look at this franchise and i cant wait to see Dead Rising 4. spoiler alert! Expand
  32. Jun 7, 2014
    This is the first Dead Rising game I've played and I have enjoyed it but there are a few things to note before someone makes a decision to purchase this game. When I searched Googled DR3 what I was looking for was someone saying the game had no time limit. What I found was a mixed set of responses stating that there wasn't a time limit if you selected a certain story mode option and othersThis is the first Dead Rising game I've played and I have enjoyed it but there are a few things to note before someone makes a decision to purchase this game. When I searched Googled DR3 what I was looking for was someone saying the game had no time limit. What I found was a mixed set of responses stating that there wasn't a time limit if you selected a certain story mode option and others say that there is a time limit it's just more than 3 days.

So I purchased the game and discovered that there IS a time limit and it is more than 3 days. I have been unsuccessful in finding any way to remove the time limit. Although the time limit that is given is more than enough to complete the game and side missions so the time limit isn't a huge bust but it is a negative factor.

When I discovered you can recruit survivors and give them weapons I became excited and made it a personal goal to recruit several survivors. I don't feel that the AI for the survivors was very well thought out, sometimes they'll shoot zombies at a fairly decent distance and other times they won't. One thing I did notice is they never run out of ammo. I handed 5 survivors assault rifles and LMG's and I never had to swing my weapon. While it would be troublesome to constantly have to worry about your survivors, it takes from the realism of a survival game if you have unlimited ammo. I was able to walk through several crowds of zombies without ever being in danger as my team decimated any opposition.

The story line isn't all that interesting. It seems to be that almost all zombie games and movies always show the government killing the innocent and they're going to bomb the area and you have to get out before it's too late. Developers need a new approach to getting out alive in the game, we already have a zombie apocalypse on our hands why add the government trying to kill everyone to it?

Let's talk about the soldiers that we have to fight, the AI specifically. I've seen several shows and movies that involve SWAT, government agents, soldiers, etc and yet I can't recall when they ran toward the enemy in the open while being shot at. I had a set of soldiers hide behind a car from me and I was hiding on the same side of that same car.

The endurance of weapons seems to be on topic in other posts and it should be. Swords break from killing zombies? This doesn't make sense at all. Bladed weapons shouldn't be breaking after a handful of swings against zombies or breaking at all for that matter.

Safe houses. Getting to a safe house can be quite the nightmare if you don't know what you're looking for. When I first started playing I didn't know about safe houses or clearing them out. I read on the map that this location was an "Infested Safe House" and I knew what needed to be done but I circled this location for about an hour without any luck. There wasn't a way to set a way point pointing to the exact location, I didn't know about the little symbol that somewhat explains which way you need to go. All I saw was a symbol on the map and I was standing there constantly fighting zombies. I had to Google the location of the safe house only to find that it was above me. Not the most intuitive map.

The number of zombies in the game. The quantity is never a problem in this game the problem is that you can NEVER clear an area permanently. I understand that if you cleared the whole city you wouldn't have much left to fight but in the interest of realism, once you clear a massive area of zombies it should stay cleared. If the survivor's didn't have unlimited ammo then clearing the city would be an extremely difficult task. I've cleared an area only to find myself run in a huge circle and those same zombies are back.

Combining weapons. Weapon combinations tend to be neat but in most cases it's purely fictitious. While there's generally nothing wrong with stretching the laws of realism in a game to add to the experience, some of the weapons you can create can be completely useless and may make you chuckle a little bit but that's as far as it goes. The point behind this is the developers could have spent that time working on the AI of the enemies/survivors but instead they chose to create a weapon that shoots "Massager's".

One bug I've run into which worked in my favor but a bug is a bug nonetheless. One of my survivors died shortly after I saved him and when I went to the safe house after saving another survivor, I took her out of my posse, put her back in my posse, exited the menu, saved, went back into the survivor list and the survivor that was killed was now available in my list and I have been using him.

Overall. DR3 isn't a terrible game. It does have a time limit but it's longer than previous DR games. The map isn't very intuitive in most cases. The AI of the soldiers/survivors is rather weak. The story line of the game isn't innovative or new at all. Weapons break too quickly and some weapons that shouldn't break do. Survivors have unlimited ammo.
  33. Nov 29, 2013
    Nothing more to add here other than it's amazingly fun... There are some ridiculous reviews dinging it for things like "I can't skip cutscenes" (yes you can... click B) and that the game slows down when action gets intense (no it doesn't slow down at all it only pauses when I save the game) that make it clear (at least to me) the reviews aren't to be taken seriously. If you are skepticalNothing more to add here other than it's amazingly fun... There are some ridiculous reviews dinging it for things like "I can't skip cutscenes" (yes you can... click B) and that the game slows down when action gets intense (no it doesn't slow down at all it only pauses when I save the game) that make it clear (at least to me) the reviews aren't to be taken seriously. If you are skeptical at all have a rent of it first but unless you hate everything fun you'll find lots to love. Expand
  34. Nov 26, 2013
    You'll enjoy this if your frustrations and nerves are well acclimated to the Dead Rising rhythm of side missions. The individuation of zombies is pretty impressive, their aggression and number is ramped up and the city is teeming with opportunities to lay waste to them by the hundreds. in the first hour of game play, you will have killed over a thousand already (unless you bought this gameYou'll enjoy this if your frustrations and nerves are well acclimated to the Dead Rising rhythm of side missions. The individuation of zombies is pretty impressive, their aggression and number is ramped up and the city is teeming with opportunities to lay waste to them by the hundreds. in the first hour of game play, you will have killed over a thousand already (unless you bought this game for another reason).

It has it's usual DR aggravations though. The beginning could have used a few more tutorial points, instead the game lets you figure things out on your own (to my own frustration when I couldn't find out how to get a survivor to stop following me).

From what I've come to expect of the Dead Rising franchise, Dead Rising 3 continues to deliver characters and scripts that are vapid and overly flashy00too japanese for me (like Metal Gear). Everyone has an attitude or is just playing too cool, or is hiding the fact that they are just empty stupid character skins.

The game is made for slashing zombies by the hundreds and the mechanics of the gameplay serve that wonderfully, but once you are presented with an "intelligent" enemy, the frustration ramps up quickly. But that's the norm for DR.

I'm otherwise happy with this title. More weapon schematics, now vehicle schematics, collectibles, upgrading the character by point system is good. I only wish game developers started making mature games for the adults of the then-generation that made gaming what it is today.
  35. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is literally the only game worth buying so far of the PS4 and Xbox One launch titles, in amongst the vast sea of pure launch title this little gem has surfaced, looks great, plays great, the sheer amount of chaos you are capable of is amazing in itself. The story is cool, the main character is likeable, one negative reviewer pointed out the duels are too hard, if the duels areThis game is literally the only game worth buying so far of the PS4 and Xbox One launch titles, in amongst the vast sea of pure launch title this little gem has surfaced, looks great, plays great, the sheer amount of chaos you are capable of is amazing in itself. The story is cool, the main character is likeable, one negative reviewer pointed out the duels are too hard, if the duels are too hard you must be dire at this game, I have not clocked a single death thus far and my complaint would be that the game is too easy!

As for frame rate... if you clock the game at 60fps and then get drops to 30 and lower, your eyes will notice that, it will be jarring. If you lock it at 30fps and it stays that you will adjust to that and it will not be jarring, and, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of zombies within a couple hundred meter radius of your character (I just had a 500zombie kill streak about 10 minutes ago) for there to not be framerate issues in amongst that chaos is great, but the very reason it's locked to 30fps.

Of course in an ideal world it'd clock a consistent 60fps+ and stay there, but the PS4 and Xbox One just aren't capable of that like a PC is!

And then there's the people saying 720p vs 1080p. Seriously I bet most people saying that have no idea of the difference and likely use a TV for their console anyway to all of you out there, try a high spec PC monitor (which will be cheaper than a ****ter quality TV) and witness your console displaying something you never thought it could. I have no idea why that information is kept secret...
  36. Mar 29, 2014
    I love Zombie games and other then the time line this game does not disappoint.
    With Good sound Good graphics and smooth control all is in place for DR3 but not a game changer.
  37. Nov 23, 2013
    How sad is it that people ave taken the time out there day to create an account, and give 0s to games that are not on their console of choice.

Regardless, Dead Rising 3 is the most fun I have had on my new console, it may have a slightly more serious look, but don't be fooled, it just as wacky as it's ever been. The game has been improved in nearly every aspect over the previous game, from graphics to gameplay, and the amount of zombies on screen is insane, after just 30 mins play I was already on 1200 kills. The story is decent as well, solid acting, with a plot that held my attention for the full 20 hours are had with the game. The coop has been greatly improved also, no longer do you have to replay story if you already done it in someone else's coop game, and killing zombies is always more fun with a friend. However there was one issue I noticed, when I was playing single player my friend invited me to his game, and it just pulled me out my game without asking me, I'm' not sure if it's a bug, or something I've missed in the menus, regardless, it was an annoyance.

If you liked the other Dead Risings you will probably love this, and even if you didn't, you still might want to give this game a go.
  38. Mar 3, 2014
    How could you say the graphics are bad? They're definitely not bad. And if this game was 60fps it would look immeasurably cheesy. People don't understand why developers choose 30fps over 60fps. It's not always for performance.

If you've never played a Dead Rising game before and you play DR3 for 1-5 hours and decide to right a negative review about it, your opinion is practically invalid. It would be like me complaining Call of Duty: Ghosts is a horrible twitchy fast paced shooter when that's what Call of Duty is. They're not going to change the style if its a successful franchise.
    I love the fact they gave players more time to mess around killing zombies, building weapons and vehicles, exploring the world for blueprints and survivors, etc.
    Capcom designed this game to be an arcady, japanese style zombie killing game. The shooting isn't supposed to be realistic. You can combine a cardboard box with a foam finger to create a poking gun to kill zombies with. (is that not hilarious?) So the graphics are literally 8th or 9th on their list for importance. If you played DR2, Dead rising 3 has amazing graphics comparably. The graphics are probably the only reason for the fps drops and fade in textures from distances.
    The controls are smoother than before and there are a ton of player upgrades and abilities. I love it

All in all, if you like the Dead Rising franchise, this game takes Dead Rising to a new level. 8.5/10 for me
  39. Feb 25, 2014
    Really great game, if you liked the originals then you will like this game too. They have improved on the original idea and it has a lot more depth. Driving around killing zombies with a car is hours of fun.
  40. Dec 12, 2013
    The best launch title I played, constantly amazed by the graphics both in game when you cram hundreds of zombies on screen and the cutscenes with mind blowing textures. Yet the most impressive aspect of the game is the improvements that Capcom have made to the game play in every sense, the story, the NPC's, the item crafting and most importantly the improvement to the fluidness of in gameThe best launch title I played, constantly amazed by the graphics both in game when you cram hundreds of zombies on screen and the cutscenes with mind blowing textures. Yet the most impressive aspect of the game is the improvements that Capcom have made to the game play in every sense, the story, the NPC's, the item crafting and most importantly the improvement to the fluidness of in game play it's no Assasins Creed but it is no longer a jerky horrid mess, it now plays like the action game it should be.

I really did not like the first two games, but this game is in every sense a title worthy of having a series of games built around it, as well as the crown for best exclusive launch title.

9.0 It is the best showing and most fun you will get on a next gen launch title.
  41. Jan 6, 2014
    While it does get a little repetitive, it does show off the XB1's power in a fun way by cramming so many zombies onscreen at once.

Graphically it's not going to totally blow you away, but what the game can do with the sheer numbers of zombies is really unlike anything I've experienced in a video game; I'm certain that the 360 could not handle this. It's a pretty intense game, and

It's a pretty intense game, and while it lightens up a little on the time requirements for normal mode compared to previous installments, you're almost never safe, and frustratingly so at times. Just waiting a few seconds for your posse to get in your vehicle is really painful as the zombies inevitably swarm you. Vehicles get blown up in short order, weapons break, and food is sometimes scarce. On the other hand, the game is extremely fair, letting you recreate any weapons or vehicles you've previously held from various lockers and garages.

I'm trying not to give this game a higher score for being a launch title, but I do appreciate what they were able to do with this game given the rush that the development team was certainly under to have it ready on time. Ignoring that, it is an improvement over Dead Rising 1 and 2, and one of the best launch titles on either the XB1 or PS4.
  42. Feb 25, 2014
    Amazing game. I couldn't put it down once I started. The story line is great. I stayed up all night playing it and didn't even realize it. The combo weapons blew me away. I love the fact you can make them on the go. Makes it easier to stay alive. You can stick to the story and finish the game in around 15-20 hours or go exploring and zombie killing and spend 50+ hours on it. The zombieAmazing game. I couldn't put it down once I started. The story line is great. I stayed up all night playing it and didn't even realize it. The combo weapons blew me away. I love the fact you can make them on the go. Makes it easier to stay alive. You can stick to the story and finish the game in around 15-20 hours or go exploring and zombie killing and spend 50+ hours on it. The zombie killing never got old for me either. I had a stretch of 3 hours of nothing but zombie killing and didn't even realize that much time had passed. The onky knock I have is the dlc sucks. Could have added even more to the game yet you just don't feel like it's worth the money you spent on it Expand
  43. Feb 8, 2014
    Dead rising three is a good game. Im not a big fan of the go here get this, go to the next town get that, then go back to the same town you were just at. Theres a lot of this in there, but its not that bad. The environments are huge and graphically delicious. The xbox one settings make everything look to sharp and that **** everything up lol
  44. Dec 23, 2013
    this game is impressive for the next gen,because of the large amount of zombies on screen without any loading screens,despite the bugs xbox360 like graphics,this game is very funny
  45. Feb 17, 2014
    Graphics are 360 quality; the processing is great w/ # of zombies but overall the game is mediocre. Main character is overly emotional and characters way to predictable, gullible, and just plain unbelievable. I understand it's the zombie apocalypse but the way some characters act is just plain ridiculous and laughable. However aside from the crazy story mode there is fun to be had killingGraphics are 360 quality; the processing is great w/ # of zombies but overall the game is mediocre. Main character is overly emotional and characters way to predictable, gullible, and just plain unbelievable. I understand it's the zombie apocalypse but the way some characters act is just plain ridiculous and laughable. However aside from the crazy story mode there is fun to be had killing masses of zombies and crafting new weapons- easily the the best part of the game. Aside from it all, nothing is missed if you skip this title Expand
  46. Nov 24, 2013
    I had pre-ordered this game only because I've read that the TIME LIMIT would be removed. I was deeply disappointed to see that it hasn't been removed but just tune down. To me, having this open world game with tons of collectibles, side content, challenges, etc, with a time limit is just an aberration. It's like saying to the player; yes you can do all this fun stuff, but don't do it orI had pre-ordered this game only because I've read that the TIME LIMIT would be removed. I was deeply disappointed to see that it hasn't been removed but just tune down. To me, having this open world game with tons of collectibles, side content, challenges, etc, with a time limit is just an aberration. It's like saying to the player; yes you can do all this fun stuff, but don't do it or you're game over. Otherwise this is a good game, with bad design decision. Next time I'll pass. Expand
  47. Dec 27, 2013
    Since when have graphics been the core of a game?

Gameplay should be the main focus here and quite frankly this game is incredibly fun. These consoles have only just been released, criticizing graphics by saying that theyre not quite next gen is hilarious when most of you dont even know what next gen graphics should look like. Theyre not fantastic but theyre not hideous either. Its
    Since when have graphics been the core of a game?

Its not revolutionary, its simply a game that has been tweaked and modified to be the ideal best DR experience to date. Gameplay is the core of a game, not graphics.
  48. Nov 24, 2013
    Warning: Ignore the sony fanboys trying to give every xbox one game a low score. Very immature comunity.

If you're a fan of the deadrising series and liked the previous games, pick deadrising 3 up. It amps up everything in deadrising 2 from the improved action, the amount of zombies (OMG), no more unnecessary loading screens for the large zombifulled city like in the first two games and so much more to explain. It's fun, it's silly, it's what you except for a next gen deadrising game. Exactly, It's what you would except from a deadrising game. It feels no doubt unpolished in my perspective where the maps doesn't feel as special like the first two games. It's just a generic run down destroyed city. Unpolished in where the survivors that you took your time to rescue just suddenly vanishes after you saved them. In the end it just feels sort of tacky and a chore. I really recommend this game though as in every other deadrising game, the campaign is boring in single player. So make sure to grab a friend or mother to enjoy the silliness with you.
  49. Dec 16, 2013
    Fun game, occasional texture pop in can get very annoying. Seeing 1000 zombies on the screen at one time with almost no noticeable lag (except for one point) is an awesome experience. Graphically this game lets itself down but in terms of fun, Dead Rising 3 greatly delivers
  50. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game starts out well and boasts a great number of on screen zombies, but this is the main problem I have with the game. You cannot physically move from one place to another easily and cars last about 5 minutes. The side missions are boring as they make you go hunt for items and overall I just feel there is no motivation in this game. I was more frustrated than entertained. If you are a fan of the genre that's fine I'm not looking to start any discussions here. I overall felt the gameplay was laggy, had poor control response, repetitive, and unimaginative. Awesome amount of on screen zombie generation but that's about all your getting. I finished this one and got rid of it. DLC was not interesting either.

A plus is the psychopaths in the game. This was the funniest part. The boss battle against the crane is beyond silly, the loaders in the factory are annoying and the spec ops guys are beyond tough to kill. This game was a good time killer at best.
  51. Nov 26, 2013
    10 only because I'm a fan of the series. Unbiased, it's a 10. Biased it's a 10.
    When you play these games you realize that the story is going to be corny.
    You're not going to get Finally Fantasy 60 foot jumps and 9 foot swords with androgenous heroes. But you can manufacture one in this game. Skirts, hills, masks, and makeup. There's just so much. Dead Rising 1 is my all time
    10 only because I'm a fan of the series. Unbiased, it's a 10. Biased it's a 10.
    When you play these games you realize that the story is going to be corny.
    But you can manufacture one in this game.
    Skirts, hills, masks, and makeup.
    There's just so much. Dead Rising 1 is my all time favorite. But on this console I think it's safe to bet I've got a new one. Take it easy and enjoy.
  52. Dec 2, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 has actually made me interesting in the story behind the series. Nick Ramos the new main protagonists is easily the most relatable character in the dead rising series as he doesn't feel cheesy and fake. The new open world environment is extremely impressive with no loading times and is ever changing making it fun to navigate through. The tone of DR3 is much darker which is aDead Rising 3 has actually made me interesting in the story behind the series. Nick Ramos the new main protagonists is easily the most relatable character in the dead rising series as he doesn't feel cheesy and fake. The new open world environment is extremely impressive with no loading times and is ever changing making it fun to navigate through. The tone of DR3 is much darker which is a plus because I cant stand games that attempt to be funny because it NEVER works hint, hint "Bullet Storm". Overall DR3 is a better game has it portrays a interesting story which is quite hard to introduce when including zombies. Expand
  53. Feb 1, 2014
    Totally amazing, and eras better than its predecessors. Dead Rising 3 was a blast all around and kept me entertained for hours on end. They showcased their creativity with combo weapons and vehicles, and created a unique story. While confusing and in snippets, the stort is well showcased. Also, one thing that at least raised my review by a point is co-op. This has to easily be one of theTotally amazing, and eras better than its predecessors. Dead Rising 3 was a blast all around and kept me entertained for hours on end. They showcased their creativity with combo weapons and vehicles, and created a unique story. While confusing and in snippets, the stort is well showcased. Also, one thing that at least raised my review by a point is co-op. This has to easily be one of the best games for grabbing a friend and just killing zombies. I definetly recommend it. This is a worthy new generation game. Expand
  54. Mar 28, 2014
    The zombies killing machine games, is back with more funtime... But the changes, was really mixed-up with the combo tackling, and psychopath was sometimes easy, or hard to kill....
  55. Dec 15, 2013
    I'm just sticking to the single player here and so far it is amazingly fun. Lots to do, lots to play with and lots of zombies to creatively kill. What else could you possibly want in a zombie game like this?
  56. Nov 20, 2014
    I played the demo and was bored from that. I'm glad the heavens above granted me the foresight not to buy this game. The first two were niche, they were special in their own slightly-above-average way. This game is just more tools, more zombies, rinse and repeat. I'd probably have more fun getting eaten by a zombie.
  57. Nov 30, 2013
    People are such internet trolls. I honestly would put this up for Game of the Year already.... it is that good. Dont believe me? Play it for a few hours. Not many games can make an almost 30 year old man just laugh out loud for the pure fun of ramming a zombie with any inanimate object ever thought of in the world. I am not a fan of zombie ANYTHING, but I love this game. Very in depthPeople are such internet trolls. I honestly would put this up for Game of the Year already.... it is that good. Dont believe me? Play it for a few hours. Not many games can make an almost 30 year old man just laugh out loud for the pure fun of ramming a zombie with any inanimate object ever thought of in the world. I am not a fan of zombie ANYTHING, but I love this game. Very in depth world, I think the graphics are great, the haters will always hate anything Microsofts name is attached too. Please consider that if taking the overall score into consideration before purchase. You will be doing nothing but short changing yourself Expand
  58. Dec 16, 2013
    This installment to the Dead Rising series is a welcome change to its predecessor Dead Rising 2. The grapchics got a very welcome update among other things which I won't ruin for people. I really enjoyed the game as Xbox One really does take you on a great experience regarding gameplay and constructing different items and vehicles. This game is by no means perfect but certainly a stepThis installment to the Dead Rising series is a welcome change to its predecessor Dead Rising 2. The grapchics got a very welcome update among other things which I won't ruin for people. I really enjoyed the game as Xbox One really does take you on a great experience regarding gameplay and constructing different items and vehicles. This game is by no means perfect but certainly a step in the right direction. Also, NO LOADING SCREENS! that is all Expand
  59. Nov 25, 2013
    Not the prettiest looking game but going around and finding many combinations to create weapons and vehicles to kill zombies is fun! It is even more fun when you're playing in co-op. I highly recommend that you play the game in co-op

However I feel at times that the game felt very under balance due to over-powered boss fights and military people. I sometimes find the item picking up system is slightly clunky, I can't explain how many times I tried to pick food up or a weapon only to have picked up something different then I end up getting killed or get over-ran. The story is nothing too special, It is pretty predictable if you're an avid zombie movie fan but it is decent and got some pretty good characters in. there.

Overall, If you played the previous games then you'll know what you're excepting but if you have not played the previous games then I would suggest to buy the game when you see it on cheap or borrow it from a friend. This is a Marmite game "You'll either love it or hate it"
  60. Nov 23, 2013
    I've HAD IT. METACRITIC. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL THESE PEOPLE POSTING REVIEWS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO GAME EXPERIENCE. For USERS you need to start having a verification check that they OWN the game. Perhaps link databases with Sony/XBox. I'm sure if it stopped all the fake reviews for their products they'd have no complaints. Maybe use a product code (thats unused) to link to your account.I've HAD IT. METACRITIC. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL THESE PEOPLE POSTING REVIEWS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO GAME EXPERIENCE. For USERS you need to start having a verification check that they OWN the game. Perhaps link databases with Sony/XBox. I'm sure if it stopped all the fake reviews for their products they'd have no complaints. Maybe use a product code (thats unused) to link to your account.

This game is fantastic. Ignore all the 0's, they come from people who don't own the game. It's sad, you know why they do it. I know why they do it. Lets ignore it until metacritic takes responsibility. This site is awesome, except in moments like now... when for some reason people feel the absurd need to rip on another consoles products. I've been gaming since the 80's. I own an XBone, and will be getting a PS4 as soon as really cool exclusive titles come out for it that I want. They don't have any now.. thats not a rip on them. But this game? Exclusive to the Xbone. Open World. Zombies. Cars. Nough said.

Get the game.
  61. Feb 11, 2014
    Not giving a 10 because of the graphics. The game is just perfect in every other way. If you want a game to have fun with - and LOTS of fun - this is your pick.
  62. Nov 22, 2013
    Huge open world, and a lot of zombies on your screen! The gameplay is the same as the previous Dead Rising games, but that was expected. The map is a bit smaller than I thought. There is an enormous variety of weapon you can build to slaughter the zombies...
  63. Nov 29, 2013
    Amazing game, when you come in the game, you see thousands of zombies on the screen and it just threatens you! It is fun, with more than 250 combo weapons and thousands of weapons overall! This game is seriously amazing next gen game!
  64. Mar 12, 2014
    I got Dead Rising 3 on the Xbox One for christmas. Since then, I have played it and beat it. Overall, like the other Dead Rising games, it is fun. As a zombie fan, I had to have it. The only big problem with me is the frame rate. That, and the game kind of gets repetitive after a while. It is a good game with a good story. 7/10
  65. Dec 18, 2013
    I've played all dead rising's, each game has been a step forward into greatness, perfection, trying to achieve THAT zombie game that Capcom has been trying to make in the past years and my God they have finally done it, done it so well. The look and feel...is no match to the other DR's, playing the game itself is just smooth as hell experience, the game looks really great, NOT bad all asI've played all dead rising's, each game has been a step forward into greatness, perfection, trying to achieve THAT zombie game that Capcom has been trying to make in the past years and my God they have finally done it, done it so well. The look and feel...is no match to the other DR's, playing the game itself is just smooth as hell experience, the game looks really great, NOT bad all as dumbasses claim, the open world and its environment is believable..(I'll stop my review here, it..)

Its Sad to see all these Negative comments by unintelligent 12 year old's, Children that have never even touched an Xbox one, that haven't even seen a single trailer for DR3, then make some rant talking out of their ass, stating facts that will never happen in your experience with this game, they don't know what the their talking about, they're just a few little kiddies that have nothing better to do or they're some little fanboy, most likely some Sony kiddie, grow the up.....If you an Xbox one and don't know what to get, get this game you WON"T be disappointed.
  66. Nov 22, 2013
    Before I start my review I have to laugh at how many fanboys from Sony Come on here posting reviews I have a game system they don't even have lol like xclusiveitalian Who uses two pages just the criticize the game. Btw hes also Nintengod. Metacritic you might want to look into that one.
    With that being said I have to say I really enjoyed playing Dead Rising! This in open world zombie game that is huge!! I'm trying to play all games that I bought last night but this one Is the one that I'm going to play repeatedly! Like I said in my other if you I'm not really a racing fan But I am a dead risin fanatic! Flashing through hundreds of Zombies trying to survive is one of my favorite parts of this game! And you get to be be Mega Man tat's all I have to say! It's the open-world blood bath and you'll love it!
  67. Nov 24, 2013
    With it's great weapons crafting system and great sense of humour, Dead Rising 3 is definitely worthy of a launch title. But the inconsistent framerate and storyline can be a pain in the sometimes. Worth the 500 for Xbox One if you ask me.
  68. Dec 1, 2013
    First of all, this is one of the best DLCS that I ever played, there is something BIOSHOCK STYLE on this particular one. NOW, To all that are and ranting about this DLC being too hard and being too difficult, the only thing I know is that YOUR FAULT that we're getting games dumber easier nowadays.

You guys should go back to your ANIMES where everything is colorful and pervert. I think the atmosphere and sense of danger and expectation we can find on DEAD MONEY IS something that I've just found on BIOSHOCK 1. This DLC is really something. Despite of being a little bit LINEAR is very dark and immersive.

I love it! 9 score. IMO.
  69. Jun 21, 2014
    Incredibly fun game, even if the story is far-fetched. There is nothing horrible or unplayable about this game other than a slow-down when there are too many explosions and zombies in one screen. It is worth the full price, compared to Ryse: Son of Rome.
  70. Dec 2, 2013
    This is my first next gen title, and although it is a fun game the performance could be better. I couldn't tell the graphics difference between a good looking current gen game and this. Note that my last games where Last of Us and GTA V and those games look great.

Putting the fact that its my 1st next gen game aside, I'd also add that the controls are often sluggish. This is a major problem in this game jumping, running and, above all, picking up itens on the floor is needlessly difficult and frustrating.

During any boss fight (or in the middle of a horde), good luck if you need to get any specific resource fast. Trying to pick up food among a lot of garbage, eat it, select the right weapon and continue the fight is incredibly difficult.

Still, its a cool game. The streets are filled with a ridiculous amount of zombies, weapons crafting and zombie fighting is very satisfying. There is a lot to do in form of side quests and collectibles, and the map is big enough to allow exploration and immersion. There is also a interesting night and day cycle, and watch out because zombies are more powerful during the night.

Leveling up is easily the best part of the game in my opinion. Once you level up enough weapon creation tools, you'll always have some ridiculously fun weapon at hand This is where the gameplay shines, in my opinion.

Its not a game that will showcase what the new Xbox can do. In that sense, I felt a bit disappointed by it. But crafting weapons and upgrading the character make up for the shortcomings. It feels like a action RPG with zombies and that is always a win in my book.

It'd be a 7,5 for me. It only misses the 8 score mark because of controls.
  71. Nov 22, 2013
    nothing special or innovative
    this is a game that can be also experienced on Xbox 360
    the story is hollow, the characters are forgetable, some of the sexual humors are just way too over
    overall the game is fun, but It's not a good step to this franchise
    enjoy it or not, this is just another zombie killing game without any innovation, Literally
  72. Jan 8, 2014
    I have been a Dead Rising fan since the start, bought all games day one and got level 50 and basically 100%'ed all of them. This is technically the game I've been waiting for for 7+ years. Sure some textures pop in from time to time and some minor glitches occur, but what else would you expect from a launch title? The devs need time to get used to the technology, for example, Kameo wasn'tI have been a Dead Rising fan since the start, bought all games day one and got level 50 and basically 100%'ed all of them. This is technically the game I've been waiting for for 7+ years. Sure some textures pop in from time to time and some minor glitches occur, but what else would you expect from a launch title? The devs need time to get used to the technology, for example, Kameo wasn't the worst game but DEFIANTLY not the best game. The game doesn't have the best graphics but WHO CARES about graphics? The point is to have fun and what the developers point is to do is to get the point across. Would you want better graphics or more content? Content trumps reso and graphics quality Expand
  73. Nov 27, 2013
    The sheer number of Zombies alone is a reason to buy this game. People who know the dead rising franchise know what they are getting into. Its fun, not too scary and it you want to just mess around with a mate online you can do that seamlessly. The only downside is the current gen graphics but since when did xbox 360 graphics become bad? Last time I checked people never complained aboutThe sheer number of Zombies alone is a reason to buy this game. People who know the dead rising franchise know what they are getting into. Its fun, not too scary and it you want to just mess around with a mate online you can do that seamlessly. The only downside is the current gen graphics but since when did xbox 360 graphics become bad? Last time I checked people never complained about GTA V or FIFA 14 graphics? For a launch game its gets an 8 maybe even a 9. Expand
  74. Jan 23, 2014
    Meh... I don't know what to say. If you played Dead Rising 1 and 2 you've play Dead Rising 3. Story is far to short. The side missions are redundant. Overall Dead Rising 3 will be mildly entertaining for a couple of weeks.
  75. Nov 22, 2013
    Amazing game good graphic sonyboys suck my dick. i wait my xone wery wery. best ever console made. love love love love xone!!! good work microsoft!!!!!
  76. Nov 23, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game a lot. I'm glad there is a choice to revert to the original play style. The fact that there are more zombies on screen at once makes it feel like more of a "horde," and their increased aggression from the previous games keeps it exciting, fun and fluid. The controls also handle really well, as opposed to the wonky controls from its predecessors. I feel likeI really enjoyed this game a lot. I'm glad there is a choice to revert to the original play style. The fact that there are more zombies on screen at once makes it feel like more of a "horde," and their increased aggression from the previous games keeps it exciting, fun and fluid. The controls also handle really well, as opposed to the wonky controls from its predecessors. I feel like people are giving bad reviews for the wrong reasons. I would give it a full 10 if I could play it on my PS4 instead of my friend's Xbox One. Hopefully a PS4 port is in order for the next year. Expand
  77. Nov 22, 2013
    this game is fun,funny, and a awesome launch game for the xbox one, its worth the buy, there are so many zombies!!!!!!!!this is a great game to play with your friends
  78. Nov 22, 2013
    Honestly if this was the only thing I played on X1...I would be listing my new console on eBay right now. The graphics are completely BAD, the other commenter mentioning it was a port from 360 hit it right on the head! The other issue is I was hoping to do local co op with my friend last night, nope.This game is painful to play, the framerate is sad..(how could it do local co op when oneHonestly if this was the only thing I played on X1...I would be listing my new console on eBay right now. The graphics are completely BAD, the other commenter mentioning it was a port from 360 hit it right on the head! The other issue is I was hoping to do local co op with my friend last night, nope.This game is painful to play, the framerate is sad..(how could it do local co op when one screen is too much for it, let alone another player)and it makes me sad because I was so looking forward to playing this! Expand
  79. Nov 24, 2013
    Killing zombies is fun, as always.
    + There are A LOT of different weapons.

- DR3 doesn't feel next-gen, because graphics don't look cool and the game runs at 30fps.
    - Frame rate drops (the game went down to 14fps once)
    - After a few hours you will get bored, killing zombies randomly without a reason is not fun
  80. Tds
    Nov 23, 2013
    Great game, fun to play and full of side missions. Kinect orders are usefull as well as smartglass. Boss battles are challenging... What more to ask for?
    I know graphics aren't the strong part of this game, but still does the job for me.
  81. Nov 24, 2013
    This is a solid 8/10
    It has its moments but the open zombie ridden world is just too awesome to negate from conversation. The fact you can jump on cars, roofs and scenery and become surrounded by a horde of zombies and jump in and slaughter the lot and come out covered in gore, its just exactly what you want from a zombie game.
    Visually its ok for next-gen; the kinect integration is
    This is a solid 8/10
    Visually its ok for next-gen; the kinect integration is nice (talking though menus, controlling your posse and shouting at zombies); the gameplay is epic; the cut-scene that is a rip-off from Shaun of the Dead is noticable
  82. Jan 6, 2014
    retty fun game overall if you're looking for a slaughterfest but FAR too easy and so generic. The storyline is about as generic as they come and the lines the characters come up with could be written by a 4th grader: "i was bad once but now i'm going good?"

The weapon combos are cool, but waaaaay too powerful. In the original Dead Rising, you actually had to find the right stores and such to arm yourself appropriately for each boss etc. DR3? Just build the electrostaff to easily kill every boss in 30 seconds and give your posse split fire guns and you can walk from one side of the city to the other without being touched. Don't have these weapons? Just stop in the safe house and pick up any weapon you want without having to find your way to that nice police armory you worked to unlock. I never once looked for a gun store, or hardware store, or anything outside of weapons lockers and objectives, never once was stuck using a weapon I had to settle for. 40,000+ kills and all the side missions done when I finished the game and still had over 1.5 days left.

Honestly loved the original, but DR3 was so generic and unchallenging it set it back handily. Heck, I finished the game and probably never went below half health and I didn't even bother taking health items with me. A 1000+ kill streak required no planning or thought on my part...

BUT you kill tons of zombies and that's always tons of fun, which is the one redeeming quality of this game.
  83. kad
    Nov 24, 2013
    Amazing and just pure fun to play! Open world, many many zombies and its not only fun to play, but also fun to watch others play. Many different weapons and long story. 10/10 recommend!
  84. Nov 24, 2013
    This game for launch was great since it was only a small price to pay. The game how every is only a bit above average a 7.5 because the single-player campaign lasts only 4 hours not including side quests and collectibles and there is no Multi-player only co-op. The graphic's are about the same as the 360 could handle and the frame-rate did lag on a bit but nothing bad. There are a fewThis game for launch was great since it was only a small price to pay. The game how every is only a bit above average a 7.5 because the single-player campaign lasts only 4 hours not including side quests and collectibles and there is no Multi-player only co-op. The graphic's are about the same as the 360 could handle and the frame-rate did lag on a bit but nothing bad. There are a few glitches but nothing game breaking. The final product is a short, easy campaign with a bit of replay value and nothing to do once you have finished the game and collected everything. So far I have 7 hours played and I have almost got every achievement and collectible in the game. Expand
  85. Nov 25, 2013
    Removing all the 10's and 0's would create a more realistic score. I've included a short review.
    Video: 6.5/10
    Audio: 8/10 GamePlay: 8/10 OverallExperience:9.5/10 (7.5/10 if you DON’T have Smartglass working on a device) Average: 8/10 or 7.5/10 I didn't like DR1 or DR2 and the garbage reviews on here didn’t help. The only reason I bought this was to play with a friend as this
    Video: 6.5/10
    Audio: 8/10
    GamePlay: 8/10
    Average: 8/10 or 7.5/10

I didn't like DR1 or DR2 and the garbage reviews on here didn’t help. The only reason I bought this was to play with a friend as this release didn’t even register on my radar. The graphics were lower than expected for NextGen but, coming from someone who didn't like the series, the game makes up for it in other ways. I highly recommend playing this game on a home theatre or 5.1 headsets, as audio is quite important to the feel of the game. ****NOTE: I haven't played the single player campaign past the part needed to join/host a multiplayer session.
    I won't harp on the graphics but will say that though they need help. They won't hamper the game like many of the review say. They aren't amazing, maybe not next Gen, but I would put them above the predecessor for sure. This game is about all of the pieces coming together to give you a really fun gaming experience. I selected the speed run (matchmaking filter) option at the start as I connected my Nexus 4 and 7 using Smartglass and started a party chat with my friend. We were both a bit aggravated that we needed to play to a certain part in the story, where the 2nd player in multiplayer is introduced, but gave it a pass. They could have also dropped this with a skip the tutorial option. On the plus side it now has a multiplayer that allows the characters to not be the exact same with a different jacket to start. I then received my invite and we began the multiplayer session. A short while later my tablet activated and I started to use it. I used it as a quick visual guide to help me navigate to the various areas with a map that was more zoomed out allowing me to see a large area. I used it to track the missions, help keep track of the other player and, in single player, as a communications and information device. The Smartglass integration really helped the experience more than I thought it would. I really appreciated it being there. The graphics didn't hamper the game because of the overall effect. There seemed to be hundreds of zombies on the screen at times really adding to the feeling of being a survivor in a city that has been overrun. The multiplayer wasn’t perfect, but many of the items that bothered me about DR1 & DR2 are now gone. It’s easier to understand what is going on and that repetition of always going back to the main HQ has been removed. Rescuing other survivors is also no longer an annoying chore as skipping the conversation is now possible and you don’t need to babysit them back to the HQ. As a complete package, this game really came together, making this session the most fun I’ve had gaming in over a year. I don’t regret this purchase at all.
  86. Nov 25, 2013
    To put a zero is ridiculous. It's not a bad game, not the best one but still good. Graphics look not so bad and it's fun to play even after 10 hours. Some fanboys are spoiling a critic...again...
  87. Nov 25, 2013
    Love the weapons, love the gore, and I love how many zombies can be on screen at once. This isn't quite "next gen" but its a great start. Great game for a soon to be great console.
  88. Nov 25, 2013
    I am around 50% done with the game, and I have to sat holy cow what a blast. The game is top notch when it come down to just finding fun ways to kill zombies. Don't listen to haters that complain about frame rate drops, it hasn't happened to me and more than likely they are just trolls looking to sabotage a games review score that they don't own. The only reservation I have about the gameI am around 50% done with the game, and I have to sat holy cow what a blast. The game is top notch when it come down to just finding fun ways to kill zombies. Don't listen to haters that complain about frame rate drops, it hasn't happened to me and more than likely they are just trolls looking to sabotage a games review score that they don't own. The only reservation I have about the game is that the zombies look really similar to each other. Expand
  89. Nov 26, 2013
    best one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  90. Nov 27, 2013
    Love this game! Already had much fun with the previous titles and this one is even better. Better graphics, more weapons, bigger playground and loads more zombies! I'm having a lot of fun with this game.
    If it's a typical next gen game? I don't know and I don't care. I'm pretty sure the previous gen systems can't pull this off.
    Overall I'm enjoying this the game, especially with
    Overall I'm enjoying this the game, especially with Nightmare Mode which gives the same tension as the previous titles! This game is a huge seller for Xbox One!
  91. Nov 27, 2013
    Dead Rising 3... A open world, with a LOT of zombies and a LOT of weapons... What else can we have Co-op Oops there is co-op So, this game is VERY good, the weapons customisations are very cool and almost all the weapons are really fun to use. A huge city, if you like Still Creek from Dead Rising 2 Case Zero, you'll really love this one And... Zombies everywhere. The Psychos are stillDead Rising 3... A open world, with a LOT of zombies and a LOT of weapons... What else can we have Co-op Oops there is co-op So, this game is VERY good, the weapons customisations are very cool and almost all the weapons are really fun to use. A huge city, if you like Still Creek from Dead Rising 2 Case Zero, you'll really love this one And... Zombies everywhere. The Psychos are still really cool and funny. I found the game difficult, there are a lot of zombies and some can run The graphics are good but not amazing. The frame rate is good too and I never had like... 15fps or something like that. This game if very fun, you should buy it Expand
  92. Feb 17, 2014
    Gráficos bons e suficientes para um jogo desse tipo. Vale a pena jogar e gerar algumas horas de diversão. O esquema de criar armas é interessante e faz ter vontade de testar todas. Gostei. Nota 8.
  93. Nov 27, 2013
    Great game, much better than the second dead rising, there is no slow down, no loading screens and the amount of zombies on the screen at one time is phenomenal. Its a shame jealous Ps fanboys feel the need to mark down games then give mediocre games such as Knack a 10. laughable
  94. Nov 27, 2013
    Whoa... this is a game everyone should play or at least anyone who loves gory zombie games! DR3 Won't make you regret buying it... a must-play! With fantastic graphics and nail-biting horror, you're not going to be disappointed.
  95. Nov 27, 2013
    Ignore the low scored that talk about frame rate drops. These people haven't played the game. After the day one patch the frame rate is solid. If there's even the merest frame skip, it's well hidden with motion blur.

Dead Rising doesn't slow down even when you're ploughing through hundreds of zombies at high speed, explosions going off left and right (feels very next-gen there). The Eurogamer DF analysis was done on a pre-release build that no one who has an internet connection got to play, so is about as misleading as it gets.

This is the best Dead Rising, all-round, and the most approachable.
  96. Nov 27, 2013
    Game is graphically very good, but as an occasional game player, the game is extremely frustrating with the difficulty of the duels and the constant requirement to go back to a checkpoint with the need to watch the whole movie sequence. Good game design should allow you the option to skip. Not enough time in the day to waste watching the same sequence over and over.
  97. Mar 16, 2014
    Although I haven't finished playing the game yet, it is an incredibly fun game to have! The variety of weapons is immense and the huge open world with insane amounts of zombies makes it easy to find something to throw things at! Hasn't yet got boring and I can see myself playing this game right through to the end and also afterwards!

One downside being that it seems to glitch here and

One downside being that it seems to glitch here and there, but nothing that bothers me too much!
  98. Dec 22, 2013
    I have to be honest here, Dead Rising 3 suck big time.
    Now before you start accusing me of being a PS4 fanboy and that I'm jealous, I'm not ok. I own a Xbox One and one of the games I got for it was DR3, and holy do I wish I saved myself $60.
    I've only gotten through 3 chapters before I popped the disk out of the tray for good. It's boring for one. Not once did I feel for any of the
    I have to be honest here, Dead Rising 3 suck big time.
    It's boring for one. Not once did I feel for any of the characters I was interacting with.
    Navigating through the world is a chore, it feels loose and unrefined.
    The map is terrible, can't set waypoint (if there is they didn't make it easy to figure out how), you can't tell where you are, they didn't make it easy to set up what your priority mission is, and the menu is a to navigate though.
    The weapon selection and how you manage your weapons is crap to. If you inventory is full, you have to drop what your holding to pick up a health item. So if you're low on health and you've got a hoard of zombies right behind you, good luck with the controls long enough to grab that health without getting swiped at by a zombie. The character has two hands and can only use one of them? bull****.
    All the weapons feel slow and break too easily (I know you can upgrade the health of the weapon but you if you think I'll play through this ****fest long enough to get that). Aiming with a gun is loose and slippery and flies all over the screen, making it hard to do precise aiming.
    And the boss battles, OMG the bikers were so unrelenting they wouldn't let me catch a break to find health or change a weapon because they wouldn't stop throwing malitaves at me. And the main boss, that guy, your character is too slow, and he's too fast. I had to trick the AI into slamming into a pillar for me to get at him. I had to cheat to beat a boss, that should NOT be the case in a game just to get past it. The side missions are garbage, they just tell you to find a collection of items and don't tell you where they are, nice.
    In this collective pile of there was not a single moment where I had fun or had a smile on my face. I remember playing the first one years ago and was immediately turned off at the fact that I was being rushed by a timer. your timer, I'll go at the pace that want. So after skipping the sequel, I heard that DR3 wasn't going to have a timer. That peaked my interest and got me to get the game. While they got rid of the timer, the rest of the game was complete garbage.
    **** this game, I'd have more fun watching a fat guy jump up and down for an hour having his fat rolls fly everywhere.
    One of the worst games on the Xbox One, PS4 fans, your not missing a thing.
  99. Dec 9, 2013
    Taking it for what it is, a zombie kill-a-thon, it is a tremendous amount of fun. The sheer amount zombies you can encounter is like nothing I have seen before, and feeling them encirling you does add to the excitement. I havent played any of the previous versions, but would recommend this game to anyone who has a xbox one.
  100. Nov 29, 2013
    Where to begin. Ok so after waiting for the game start I had less then high hope, though I heard the game had one of the best reviews. First things first the graphics. While I'm impressed they managed to keep the same detail of the zombies in at the range you can see, I'm still not very happy with the detail up close. You look at it and think hmmmm ok Xbox 360 with just a smidge more. IWhere to begin. Ok so after waiting for the game start I had less then high hope, though I heard the game had one of the best reviews. First things first the graphics. While I'm impressed they managed to keep the same detail of the zombies in at the range you can see, I'm still not very happy with the detail up close. You look at it and think hmmmm ok Xbox 360 with just a smidge more. I had more detail in resident evil 5. But lets not take just the graphics away from the game the gameplay at the start isn't bad they throw you right in the mix pretty quickly which I liked. I was a little dissapointed when I first made the sledge saw as it didn't even show up in the guys hands. There I am swinging around nothing cutting zombies in half. Maybe its just a slight glitch but I'm sure when I fire it up again today it might be visible. All in all my first impression is that its going to be a pretty descent game. Deffinately a picker upper to get you used to playing the new Xbox. I look toward to seeing how both consoles pan out. Expand

A fun, wild waste of time that doesn't really live up to its predecessors.
  2. Jul 2, 2014
    Get ready for a new generation of zombie-slaying thrills where there's only minimal gameplay to get in the way of the thrills!
  3. May 11, 2014
    Out of all the Xbox One launch titles Dead Rising 3 is definitely the most entertaining. There's no denying that mowing down crowded streets full of zombies isn't a guilty pleasure. What Dead Rising 3 lacks, though, is next generation visuals. The game could easily pass as a fancy looking Xbox 360 title. [Feb 2014]